Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #1621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Youth definitely is wasted on the young! Good for you for heading out to the beach; do what you love!!! Life is short; make it sweet.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dani~ she'll find her way with you leading. And yes, go for it girlie!!

Christine~LOVE the beach!

I can't imagine where I would be without my friends here to cheer me on, pick me up when I'm down, dust me off and send me forward. I appreciate you so much!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well...crap. I have experienced a 4.4lb bounce....UP. The bad news? That is the bad news. The good news? I got one of my WW points back. Go, me. Yes it's a bit disheartening to say the least. WW suggested I go over my week and try to figure out what happened. I'm chalking the whole thing up to water weight or maybe a rebound from being sick last week. I did feel extra hungry the last few days but my food choices were good. I did eat less veggies than in previous weeks...

B: Gf toast & eggs
L: String bean Chicken & Rice
D: TBA
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Just hate it when that happens but I am used to it. This journey to bettering our health is a hard one but something that we must do so we plug along trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I know you will figure it out but in the meantime enjoy your day and weekend.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #1625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Maggie, thanks.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

My Friday started out well enough and then became a runaway day, where everything got away from me. My appetite, my self control, my ability to count points....it is behind me now, today is a new day. I'll make better choices today and let yesterday go (to hell)...

B: GF toast & egg
L: IDK
D: IDK

I need to get a walk in as well.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #1626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Maggie, thanks.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

My Friday started out well enough and then became a runaway day, where everything got away from me. My appetite, my self control, my ability to count points....it is behind me now, today is a new day. I'll make better choices today and let yesterday go (to hell)...

B: GF toast & egg
L: IDK
D: IDK

I need to get a walk in as well.
Today is a new day! I like your attitude!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #1627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday~

B: GF toast, eggs 2% cheese slice
L:
D:

Dh and DS are playing a gig today so I'm going.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Lots of hugs to Blonde and friends. I have been absent lately, lots of stuff going on. But will try to check in more often.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #1629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hope you had a great Sunday, Blonde!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #1630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday I haven't checked in much either...sometimes I tired of hearing myself think...

Christine yesterday was good. I only went 10 points over for the day. It is amazing how fast those little points add up. I was the designated driver so no alcohol points, but still....

The cold weather is coming back after a solid week of summer. Highs in the low 60's and into the 40's by Friday. I don't love it and I completely commiserate with people still getting snow. I don't know how they can stand it.

Work today. My heart is not into it.

B: GF Toast, egg, cheese.
L:
D:
Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #1631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We can stand it for so long and are always happen when the season changes. The first day of spring is coming this month but we still get a bit of snow here and there in spring so we never know when it will stop snowing but it just stops. I have gotten used to the winter but always am glad when it is over and can enjoy the outdoors more before the humid days of summer begin. Ohhhh I am looking forward to days in the 60's, it can't be to soon.

Happy Monday Blonde.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #1632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Decent day yesterday, nothing to crow about....basically skipped lunch and had wine with dinner.

B: GF toast & Deli Turkey, cup of Homemade chicken veg soup

L: Roasted some brussel sprouts for lunch and will eat them them w/ a little Balsamic Vinegar and a baked potato.

D: Leftover Soup (DH, too) with Quesadillas (DH only) and butternut squash.
Maybe GF crackers for me w/ Laughing cow wedges.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #1633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Wednesday morning Blonde, I'm missing Danielle.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #1634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been plodding along with not much to say for days (which is NOT like me). I'm usually chatty, maybe too much. I keep writing the words of wisdom and it (wisdom) doesn't come to me. I realize I'm still on the same old merry-go-round, just called something different...Ferris wheel, or carousel or WW instead of LC. Neither is fast, both can stall, both can be abused so that nothing happens. So I'm stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel, my feet are dangling and like on a real life ride that has a great height, I'm a little scared and a bit nauseous. The reasonable LC part of me wants to get off NOW. The reasonable WW side of me wants to wait it out. Give it more time. I ask myself, what has LC done for me in the last 5 years? Not much. I had better luck with JUDDD. The WW rational part of me believes that LC is not good for a 57 year old woman with a history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. A woman whose mother died at 59 from heart disease. I rationalize that even if I were to jump into LC with both feet I would not be able to stay with it. After the initial water loss I would be right back here again. This I know. So I'm stuck. At the top. More than likely the giant ride will roll forward, not backward to let me off. But will I disembark? Do I want to go backward? Not really. I hate pressure. Pressure to weigh in. Pressure to perform, show results, get thinner, NOW. I'm not handling this very well. I hate seeing myself in the blank dead eyes of my scale. The food is good, but the results are slowly... slowing... Nada.

I will continue, for awhile longer. Apparently I can't get off the ride, not yet anyway.

B: GF Toast egg 2% cheese

L: Salad w/chicken

D: TBA

SO~ IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, DON'T GIVE UP. I do not want to eat those words....

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-06-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #1635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No words of wisdom from me today Blonde just I guess if you like the way you eat and it is slow on the losing department but you are losing then stick with what you like. Do you take medication for the blood pressure and cholesteral and if so you are protected from it being out of control and that is a good thing. yourself today because you are worth it lady.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #1636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I love the window. Just saw your post on Benefits. And yes you could do those times and I agree that the daily fast is making life easier for me.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Maggie, I do like the food and the freedom of choice, it just gets difficult sometimes. I'm seriously thinking about switching to the WW "simple filling" technique after weigh in on Friday. My blood pressure is controlled by meds but I have not started any meds for high cholesterol...and I don't want to do so. I'm trying to solve some issues by eating healthy and exercising more (though still not enough). Getting off wheat was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm learning. Doing that (Simply Filling) I can eat from a list of foods without counting points and still have the 49 "extra points" for additional foods. I think I'm tired of thinking about it all day everyday.

Sunday~ I could use a window. Thinking about starting one tomorrow since I'm off work from Thursday til Monday. Hope things are better for you.

Writing everything down this morning seemed like a whine-fest at first but it enabled me to discover what the issue was, exactly. I am tired of counting and thinking about every morsel that goes in my mouth. I know counting is good for me, it keeps me honestly thinking about what I'm eating. I love the fact that I'm eating so many veggies! The whites of my eyes are clear and white. This looks healthy to me. I think my liver is happy. This is a good thing. I keep reminding myself of the saying "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you got". I like what I'm getting out of this WOE. It's just slow. S-l-o-w......

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-06-2013 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #1638
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Love the idea of the simply filling way! Sounds like a relief from numbers and the whole drama of calculating and recalculating foods to fit the day.. I know for me, that is why I always sucked at WW, and calorie counting for that matter The last couple weeks I have been sort've lax about it and it's probably a good reason why I am "hovering".. I do know tho that on random days I will count every single morsel and i come right in on calories so i think that's why I tend to not do it much? ... still...it should be done, this I know!

Slow....yeah, I know s-l-o-w too.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #1639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Danielle! I just read your journal entry, I'm so sorry you've been sick. Please feel better soon. Yes, I'm looking forward to a week of simply filling and the results from that. Whatever we do, we have to move forward and not worry about yesterday. I completely HATE my scale and I really hate weighing in every Friday. No matter how good I've been and how I rationalize a 'gain' it still throws me for a loop and sets off terrible guilt and recriminations...even when I've been 'perfect'. My mantra of the moment is "you're still better off than if you had been doing nothing for three months"..
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #1640
Blabbermouth!!!

I commiserate totally and completely. It is frustrating to see the numbers not move in the right direction despite all the hard work and careful diligence..it pisses me off to no end, you know this!
Hormonally I'm not convinced there isn't something wrong there.... but with no insurance I'm not one to march in and demand a bunch of tests at this point

Today's the first day that I've been up & about where I haven't felt like strangling someone...so,..you know... progress!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #1641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Today's the first day that I've been up & about where I haven't felt like strangling someone...so,..you know... progress!
LOL!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #1642
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, the family has stayed clear pretty much.. the most company I've had has been the characters in the books I've been reading and on the telly. Gotten a lot of reading done tho...a few books so it's not all been a total waste, right?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #1643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Any chance to read in peace is a blessing! I've been doing a bit of it myself between work and nodding off at night..... Seriously, I hate being sick, I always feel so isolated from everyone, especially when I can't sleep at night. The hours before dawn are hellish when you don't feel well. I'm so glad you're better, but please take it easy...this flu had a nasty habit of recurring about two weeks after you get passed it. Love Dr. Mom
Old 03-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Any chance to read in peace is a blessing! I've been doing a bit of it myself between work and nodding off at night..... Seriously, I hate being sick, I always feel so isolated from everyone, especially when I can't sleep at night. The hours before dawn are hellish when you don't feel well. I'm so glad you're better, but please take it easy...this flu had a nasty habit of recurring about two weeks after you get passed it. Love Dr. Mom
Yeah, the wee hours have been lonely being sick.. am still moving extra slow and not going anywhere..I look like hell ...oh, and thanks, Mom!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #1645
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
I've been plodding along with not much to say for days (which is NOT like me). I'm usually chatty, maybe too much. I keep writing the words of wisdom and it (wisdom) doesn't come to me. I realize I'm still on the same old merry-go-round, just called something different...Ferris wheel, or carousel or WW instead of LC. Neither is fast, both can stall, both can be abused so that nothing happens. So I'm stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel, my feet are dangling and like on a real life ride that has a great height, I'm a little scared and a bit nauseous. The reasonable LC part of me wants to get off NOW. The reasonable WW side of me wants to wait it out. Give it more time. I ask myself, what has LC done for me in the last 5 years? Not much. I had better luck with JUDDD. The WW rational part of me believes that LC is not good for a 57 year old woman with a history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. A woman whose mother died at 59 from heart disease. I rationalize that even if I were to jump into LC with both feet I would not be able to stay with it. After the initial water loss I would be right back here again. This I know. So I'm stuck. At the top. More than likely the giant ride will roll forward, not backward to let me off. But will I disembark? Do I want to go backward? Not really. I hate pressure. Pressure to weigh in. Pressure to perform, show results, get thinner, NOW. I'm not handling this very well. I hate seeing myself in the blank dead eyes of my scale. The food is good, but the results are slowly... slowing... Nada.

I will continue, for awhile longer. Apparently I can't get off the ride, not yet anyway.

SO~ IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, DON'T GIVE UP. I do not want to eat those words....
Love this analogy! Mine seems more like the merry go round as I'm getting nowhere fast. Visited the grandkids last weekend and really off plan and haven't succeeded getting back on yet this week. I seem to lose one week and gain it back the next! I may try the Simply Filling also....sick of counting points (or feeling guilty cause I'm not). I went on my first "diet" at age 11 and have been obsessing about what I consume or don't consume for 55 years now! Lord, what would I weigh if I didn't think about it?

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #1646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Lord, what would I weigh if I didn't think about it?
My sentiments exactly, Sherrie. My first diet was age 8. My Mom bought me lettuce and cottage cheese, then made spaghetti for dinner! I was devastated. I ate my diet food...and spaghetti...and so it began. Hang in there with me, at least a little while longer. What have we got to lose, except time and maybe a couple of pounds....?

Danielle I sure hope you're feeling a lot better today!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #1647
Blabbermouth!!!

I see you had the ole lettuce/cottage cheese combo shoved in your face too.. Story of my life... here, eat this but we're eating this and no you can't have any... I learned my weight/weightloss dysfunction from my mother at a veeerrrry young age, the earliest I can remember is at 7..I was in second grade....I was put on medifast shakes when I was in 7th grade..

How ya feeling today?? Anything fun planned this weekend??
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my Danielle~ crazy parallels. The weird part, I don't honestly know where I got the idea that I needed to diet! When my children were small, I kept so-called junk food out of the house but they were never forbidden to eat it, it just wasn't readily available to them here. I also NEVER made them "clean their plates'. If they said they were full, they were excused from the table, no questions asked.

I'm feeling healthy but still kinda screwed up about my diet plan. Weigh in was exactly the same as last week, still 4.4lbs up. What the hell? I'm trying out simply filling for a week to see if my disposition improves.

As for plans, supposed to rain all weekend, which means it's coming your way!

How about you? Better today?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #1649
Blabbermouth!!!

My kids have never been forced to clean their plates either...BTDT and I was NOT about to keep the cycle going that I endured. Ironically? My kids are all thin and have never struggled with food ever.. I have always let them eat intuitively and they've done great...which is how we supposedly all are supposed to have been brought up..go figure, eh? I did not want my kids to ever look at food as an issue and have done everything to not let my issues bleed over into their lives.

I can certainly understand that a jump on the scale that big would do some mind bending.. I get it! I'm hoping that the simply filling thing will do it's thing and set the course for you.
There are days where I find it positively infuriatingly impossible to not be pissy about the scale, so I feel you and definitely would understand if you, say, ran the scale over in the drive way...or, uh, maybe took it and hucked it off the side of a cliff into the ocean.

...and yep, the rain has been here since last night!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 03-08-2013 at 02:41 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #1650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks my friend...I have to admit...running the scale over in the driveway made me smile really big

Ya know I don't know yet what I'm going to do...if this simply filling thing will pan out or even make it a week. I hate that I feel hungry all the time and nothing is satisfying. I have a Dr's appt next week to get my BP checked (or no more refills)...I'll discuss it with her a little and see if she has any ideas. She recommended WW to me a couple of years ago but I went with JUDDD instead. It's starting to look more and more promising by the day...I'm confused and worst of all I've lost my confidence in myself. For now I just need to get through the weekend....