Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #1561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I know Christine, right? I have to stop talking about this guy!! Guess what? I did something this morning that I haven't done in so long, I don't remember the last time I did it...3 sets of 15 crunches...not much but that's all I could do. I'm going to try to do this everyday no matter what, building up more reps over time.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #1562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Thanks for the reminder to on my Greek Vanilla Yogurt today!

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Blonde!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Maggie! Yes Greek yogurt! So good!

Valentines Day lunch was a tempest in a teapot. I had three tables!! They were nice, they were 'campers'...I made three nice tips and that is all. I got phased and was clocking out at 1:15!! We were fully (over) staffed and then everything died down around 1:00. The good news is that I am done for the day...the bad news is a lot of people are going out tonight to OG...then they will be slammed. But I'll be at home in my jammies.

B: Greek yogurt and an apple. (Surprise! I ate fruit!)

L: stir fried string beans and rice (home made) with a tbsp ea. of stir fry sauce, sweet and sour sauce & soy sauce! Not too bad. I was starving (probably because I are fruit) and it was good and filling!

D: Is still a mystery...I'm not sure what to make or if we should do takeout or what???

Snack: Definitely having 3 Hershey's kisses! (2 points)
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #1564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
WTG on the crunches!!! Good for you! That's an excellent investment.

WOW, only three tables, Blonde?!!? Sorry you're missing the $action tonight, but home in jammies sounds much better! Enjoy your kisses!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #1565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

My scale is about to be thrown out. Last week it gave me a lovely 210, and this morning it gave me 5, count them...5 completely different readings! Why did I get on 5 times? Because the first one was so outrageous! Last week when I went to urgent care, their very sophisticated scale gave me 212, fully clothed with shoes. So I'm taking it. 212. And a new scale. Hmph.

Last night both DD's were over for a bit. We were all discussing WW and how the scale can be erratic at times. DD35 said "Yes, but you're head is shrinking". !! What!!? DD28 said, "yes I can see it too, your head looks smaller". Okey dokey, I have the incredible shrinking head....which makes me what? A fathead.

So after having three special dark Hershey's kisses and 2 of DH's candy's from his heart shaped box...I had some pretty crazy dreams. The one that sticks out? My ready to cook, raw roast beef in the package... unwrapped turned out to to be 4 tiny little pigs (whole little pigs!) I was horrified! I wouldn't cook or eat them. If it's Freudian, I don't get it. But I don't think I'm having pork anytime soon......

Not sure what's going on today, but it's going to be a remarkable 80 degrees inland!! I get to throw open all the windows!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
OMG! Little pigs...YOU just made me spew my water!!!

I have had some very bizarre dreams before, but that is pretty funny.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
no pork for me either.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #1568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know it sounds funny but it really was horrifying! They were so little, like chihuahua puppies!

Had a good day out today, shopping and lunch with BFF, the weather was perfect...got home ten minutes after DH who was a perfect...grouch. Swell.

Long night ahead...I wonder if I could just take a nap???
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #1569
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG Blonde, I miss so much in a week with you!! LOL First Happy V-day!!!! I had a terrible V-day ate every darn thing that crossed my path, but back on track!! Yeah on crunches, doing just a little activity will make you feel like you did something and slowly you will add more, like put your legs up like you are riding a bike, just move and it will help your joints feel better, stretching is so good too!!!! I think you gotta start slow, and work up!

Now I cant tell are you juddding or WW, I am confused? I ate VLC yesterday after the Vday carb fest, I had chicken breasts, proscioutto, fresh mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil then hit it with some heavy cream and parm, OMG it was soooo good, I was wishing for bread, LOL I need to get back to something, moderate carbs is helping me maintain but not lose, but then when I eat so low carb I cant run and workout like I like to, so I am stuck, I dont know what the heck to eat anymore! But I know it cant be candy and white bread, I ate so bad on Thursday I felt like crap running the next morning, I thought I was going to hurl!

Anyways have a good weekend!!!!

Sunday- thanks,
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #1570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

G'Morning Amber! Thank you for the exercise tips....I'm so out of the 'Know" and out of shape! I'm doing WW. I would like to go back to JUDDD but I can't sustain it at this time. WW is helping me learn some stuff about myself and I have lost a little weight. I'm not one to give advice about weight loss (cause I'm a slow loser) but if you love bread, find a way to fit it in. LC bread or LC tortillas, something to help you feel like you can sustain the WOE. My biggest issue with LC is that I fall of the wagon over and over and I really never get very far. If I were you I wouldn't sell myself short for maintaining your current weight, after all that's more than half the battle. I tried to LC on WW but I was starving all the time. I'm losing slowly but I'm losing! Your VLC day sounded heavenly! That's what I do when I get out of control...I practically zero carb it for a few days and it brings me to heel. And....

Thank goodness Valentines Day is over!! DH keeps handing me chocolate (Ferraro Rochere)...and I take it. That stuff is so good, I wish I hadn't bought it for him! But, last night it got finished off so no more candy! Here's to a better day, better choices, which equals better off.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #1571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Heehee...this lil piggy went to market...this lil piggy stayed home.... !!!!!

Proud of you for those crunches! I need to get on it too. Keep it up, chicky!!

As long as the chocolate was yummy to you then it's all good! Hopefully DH lost the grumpy's after the candy?
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #1572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I cannot stay away from those candies! Delicious!

Hope you had a great weekend, Blonde!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #1573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Ladies! ah....candy. Becoming an issue over here! All chocolate has been removed (eaten) from the house...last night it was a hand full of the dark chocolate Hershey's...thank goodness the last of it is gone.

Went to Balboa Park yesterday with both DD's and the grandgirls. It was Bark at the Park day and there were so many dogs out walking. Dozens of varieties and sizes. We brought DD35's 2lb chihuahua and carried her in our zipped up hoodies. She loved it! Lots of walking but not enough to make up for the amount of calories I ate yesterday. I really don't know what my deal is, but I'm looking for a better week this week. I think a good part of it is my conscience. All I really want to do is go back to bed.

Work today. Blugh....
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #1574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not going to lie...I am struggling here, again. I had a fairly good weekend but went over points, again. That seems to be my weekend MO. How can I get this under control? It wasn't a "horrible" eating weekend but still over points and therefore against the program. Why can't I moderate some of this stuff? Cocktails (2) on Saturday that lead to too much dinner. Wine (2) on Sunday that lead to too much dinner, followed by chocolate. So the alcohol is moderate but the damage is excessive. It takes away my accountability and I don't even care until...later. Really every time I feel my resolve 'disolve' it's alcohol related. So this has to mean that I have to refrain from drinking while I'm trying to lose weight because otherwise I'm one step forward during the week...and two steps back on the weekend. I hate that I have no control over this. Well actually I do have control as to whether or not I drink alcoholic beverages so, what do I want? To be thinner, healthier, happier? Or to be able to have a cocktail or a glass of wine, but make no progress?? Good question. I guess I'll have the answer next weekend~!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #1575
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, I know you will figure this out!

Do you think trying JUDDD might help with your weekends some? Just wondering if maybe incorporating that back might make you feel like you're not being deprived.

Remember, progress not perfection! I am with you every step of the way.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #1576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I'm not going to lie...I am struggling here, again. I had a fairly good weekend but went over points, again. That seems to be my weekend MO. How can I get this under control? It wasn't a "horrible" eating weekend but still over points and therefore against the program. Why can't I moderate some of this stuff? Cocktails (2) on Saturday that lead to too much dinner. Wine (2) on Sunday that lead to too much dinner, followed by chocolate. So the alcohol is moderate but the damage is excessive. It takes away my accountability and I don't even care until...later. Really every time I feel my resolve 'disolve' it's alcohol related. So this has to mean that I have to refrain from drinking while I'm trying to lose weight because otherwise I'm one step forward during the week...and two steps back on the weekend. I hate that I have no control over this. Well actually I do have control as to whether or not I drink alcoholic beverages so, what do I want? To be thinner, healthier, happier? Or to be able to have a cocktail or a glass of wine, but make no progress?? Good question. I guess I'll have the answer next weekend~!!
Blonde...back on the WW wagon as of last Friday after being dragged behind for several weeks. I'm determined to go back and weigh in with my group on Thursday morning no matter what the scale says. Just a thought for you...are you using your 49 Flex points during the week? My leader has a theory that only your daily points should be used for your 3 meals/day and any added "treats" be they alcohol or dessert should come from your flex points. I don't know if that would help or not but it's a thought.

I struggle with WW only because I don't track regularly. I know it's a lifestyle choice that will work for me if I work it. Funny how any of these WOE work if we work them....why does that bite or sip outweigh (no pun intended) our desire to make healthy choices? I get so frustrated with myself that I can choose to have less than 30 seconds of instant gratification rather than the improved quality of life I so desire.

Hang in there....let's have an "on point" week!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #1577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know Danielle, even if I was doing JUDDD I would feel guilty for eating chocolate... IDK. If I could JUDDD I surely would. It made my life so much easier. I can feel in my body that WW is doing something good. I'm just so disappointed in myself for messing up all the time. Thanks for hanging with me Buddd!!

Sherrie~ I do really well during the week, I use some flex points and even some exercise points all through out, where I mess up is on the weekend. Technically I should stay right on point all week and save my 49 flex points for the weekend only! Maybe that's the answer. Flex points need to be used when I need them most! I do track everything (even when it hurts) and that has helped me to be accountable. This is the longest I've ever lasted with WW, I made a commitment to myself to do this...otherwise I would have given up already. After years of struggling with my weight, I want to use their tools and retrain myself, to having nothing off limits, to learn to make better choices. And to follow through...that's a big one. I'm really glad you're going back to meetings, it's so important to get back on track. One thing I've learned in my life...it's never to late. Keep checking in, we'll help each other.

Ladies and Gentlemen I did not go to work today. My stomach has been messed up for a few days and this morning I felt so weak that the very thought of carrying heavy laden trays all day was down right impossible. I called one of my managers...she made me wait an an hour and then call her back...so I did. One wretched hour. After I confirmed that I wasn't coming in, I went back to bed and slept for three hours! I don't know what that means but I feel tired still but more rested.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #1578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you are not feeling well, feel better.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #1579
Major LCF Poster!

Feel better! Saving flex points for the weekend may work for you. We'll figure it out one way or another.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie~

Sherrie~
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Have you tried any of the WW recipes from the WW thread on here under "Other Plans"? I tried the WW Meatloaf Muffins tonight and they were really good. I think I'd add some chopped onion next time but very tasty and only 2 points/muffin and two filled me up with some butternut squash and steamed broccoli. Not bad for a 4 point dinner! I swirled some ketchup on mine before baking too. Can't say they were as good as my meatloaf but DH liked them too. Great way to extend a pound of hamburg...makes 12.

I'll be trying more of those recipes!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #1582
Major LCF Poster!

Oops, Blonde, just remembered you don't do wheat.....no Meatball Muffins for you....sorry
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #1583
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde- one thing, alcohol is a killer, your body metabolizes it like fat, so booze plus chocolate is a disaster! I love drinking too but that is the one easy thing to give up! Maybe try laying off all alcohol for a week and see what happens?
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #1584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies!

Sherrie I can use GF breadcrumbs with the meatloaf! Can you link to the thread? When I buy a pound of turkey or ground beef I split it into 4ths and serve DH and myself 1/2 and reserve the other for the next day. Before WW I ate way too much meat in a sitting. I'm nuts for butternut squash!!

Amber ~ no booze and no chocolate or no weight loss! For sure. Yes Wine will have to become a special occasional treat (and I guess it should be anyway). As for candy, I rarely even think about it...but I guess I can't have it around either...

Today I'm sick. I want to say head cold because I don't want to say 'flu'. I felt it coming on yesterday, it's not like me to ever go back to bed once I'm up, but I did yesterday...and slept for several hours. I went to the store later and bought a box of tissues...I barely slept last night, my nose running all night long and draining down my throat apparently. Now my throat is sore, and my head feels stuffed full of cotton. I have a strong feeling I'll be going back to bed shortly but I had to get DH out the door. I'm sipping some chicken broth. Very soothing. They're going to be mad at me at work.

Yesterday I did really well point-wise:

B: Leftover Taco Turkey & Laughing Cow wedges

L: Pink Salmon, green beans & honey crisp apple

D: Baked potatoes and Greek yogurt, banana

S: Strawberry Yogurt, WW Fudge Bar
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #1585
Blabbermouth!!!

Awwww I'm sorry you are sick! Lots of rest and who cares if work is mad, take care of YOU!!!

Mmmmmm meatloaf muffins!!

Gawd,...alcohol...a few years ago this never woulda been a topic for me as I never had it.. then the last coupla years I've awakened the beast, so to speak..... love my beer! Thankfully we only do once a week IF that..
Ironically, chocolate used to be something I swore I could not live without...especially when I was low carbing.. now on JUDDD for whatever reason I can take it or leave it. I don't feel that "calling" anymore to it.. we've had a giant bag of Reese's in our freezer (as well as girl scout cookies) and I've ignored them for the most part.. That is craziness! LOL

Hoping you'll feel better quickly, can't have you down for the count.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #1586
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Thanks ladies!

Sherrie I can use GF breadcrumbs with the meatloaf! Can you link to the thread? When I buy a pound of turkey or ground beef I split it into 4ths and serve DH and myself 1/2 and reserve the other for the next day. Before WW I ate way too much meat in a sitting. I'm nuts for butternut squash!!

Weight Watchers Tried and True Recipes (don't know how to make this a link)

This is a thread under Other Plans
Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Weight Watchers Tried and True Recipes

Post #5. They sound good, but would have to figure out what is in Stove Top stuffing to get the seasonings.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #1588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks Dani~ Oy vey have I been out of it! I have a beastly cold and didn't sleep at all last night! Caught up a little this afternoon, sleeping on the couch with a couple of warm and snuggley chihuahuas. My nose is now raw, I went through a giant box of tissue and I've taken enough cold medicine to send me to the moon and back. No body aches, but a BIG stuffed up head and sinus. Luckily I got my shift covered today but yesterday I had to grovel. DH is stopping by the store on his way home with more tissue dog food, etc. Poor man. He takes good care of me.

Sherrie thanks for the info. I cold really use some new ideas for food. Don't worry about link backs it took me forever to figure this stuff out.

Seabreezes~ thanks so much for posting the link! Probably poultry seasoning and sage for sure. It could be fun to figure it out.

I'm going back to couch, wanted to report in so you would know I'm okay!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 02-20-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #1589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the update, feel better!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #1590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cold! Feel better.