LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ugh! I hate when clothes is mis-sized! No, don't eat it...you'll gain back the 1.4 you lost!
Hardy har har.

Danielle it's cold and wet and I have to go out again. Booo. DD is coming over to tag along, she needs black work shirts too. All of the Olive Gardens are finally getting rid of those stuffy white dress shirts and ties!! No more buttoned up collars! Yay!! Black shirts, pants, shoes, socks and aprons. There is nothing flattering about a plus size girl in white man-shirts and ties. The bad news is I have to start over with uniform shirts. Last Wednesday I threw out all of my tacky bleached out shirts except the one I was wearing. It was the best of a sorry lot.

Happy Friday!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #1532
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Heehee!!

Well now everyone will hopefully look comfortable while they're working. The one over here we've gone to and a couple of the ladies looked so uncomfortable..

Try and enjoy the day with DD even tho it's icky out!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #1533
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AuroraLaura
Stats: 199/181/145
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1/16/13
Hi Blonde!
It really IS super cold!
I was reading about your green tea and wanted to share another bit of tea info.... I was researching tea the other day since I am trying to limit coffee and found that Dandelion Tea and Artichoke Tea are both very good at being a diuretic, as well as Chrysanthemum tea. I went to the Asain market and they actually had the artichoke one. It is certainly different tasting,but not bad. I used no sweetener. I ordered dandelion tea online. They have a LOT of other health benefits too... you can look it up at therighttea.com
All the Asain market had for chrysanthemum was powdered sweetened crap.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Laura
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #1534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the tea info Laura!! Sounds exotic but I'll look for it next time I'm out and about. I managed to drink two 20oz jugs of green tea through the course of the day. I've stopped now or I'll be up all night!

My food for the day worked out perfect though not big in the veggie department. I think I ate enough veggies yesterday to make up for it. It went like this:

B: Eggs
L: Kung pao chicken and steamed rice (a 15 point splurge)
Dinner: 96% fat free sirloin burger w/2% cheese slice on a GF half-wrap.
Ketchup, Mustard & dill pickle

S: Black Cherry Greek yogurt (later)

Came in dead on points (even minus the one they stole from me this morning).

Gonna get comfy, watch a little TV and make several more bathroom trips before bed. No wine tonight, I'm saving it for tomorrow. Then on Sunday I will be the Designated Driver for DH's show... so I'll be a hero and I won't have to worry about drinking up my points.

All in all it's been a good day.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #1535
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I try to drink green tea and being a total coffee head it is just blah but it is suppose to be really good for you, but yuck, maybe I would like the peach flavor I will have to look for that!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #1536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Have a great weekend, Blonde!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber the peach flavor makes it so much better! I had an amazing whoosh overnight. Drinking all that tea I guess. Woke up this morning down 3lbs to 210.6!! I will probably bounce back up but for now I'm taking it. I must have been holding on to some serious water weight!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #1538
Blabbermouth!!!

Well that number is yours, you know that, right? You saw it, it's yours. There are no givebacks. Make sure your scale understands this no matter what sort of bs it tries to give you tomorrow morning! .... Yes, I talk to my scale like this! His name is Hugo..

How'd the shirt shopping go yesterday?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #1539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Been drinking the green tea lately as well Blonde but staying away from Penelope(that's the name of my scale Danielle ) until March 1st. I agree with Danielle, you saw the number it shall be yours for the taking. Drink up, this may be your secret liquid elixer for dropping the pounds.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't say what I call my scale...it starts with jack and ends with hole. Maybe I need to speak more nicely to it...okay it's official, my scale's name is Jack.

Yes it's my number and I know from experience (mine and yours) that once you hit it, you will hit again...just don't know when!

Shirt shopping was no go. I've been online this morning looking for a button down, collared black work shirt. Needs to be cotton/poly blend ~ no iron. When I do find it, it goes to ladies xxl, but from my last debacle that size didn't fit. I have boobs. I guess I need a plus size 1x or 2 x. Bet I end up buying a man's work shirt, that's what I did with our white ones. I have one shirt here that I can wear but I need more or I'll be washing my shirt every night.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #1541
Blabbermouth!!!

Bummer about the shirts. Have you tried researching LB or Kohl's? Does it have to be something specific?

Jack.... GOOD ONE!
I can't even remember why I named mine Hugo... something or other to do with magic or magician's or somethin...

How's the day? Extra lazy over here...days like this is where I wished I lived closer to some of my girls here.. we could all keep eachother occupied and on the straight & narrow I promise, I'm being good!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Danielle! Happy Sunday~ Yesterday went well. I went out again and bought some "man-shirts" but they're nice and I think at some point I'll be skinny enough to do the xxl (xx tight) girl shirts....someday. It's a goal.

I came in a little over points but only because I had rice at lunch. Dinner was chicken stew, very healthy and then ice cream for dessert. Okay to be honest, if I hadn't had the ice cream I would have done better but I wanted it. No wine.

Before I went shirt shopping again, I sat in the urgent care for an hour waiting my turn. TMI, but another UTI! Apparently they are common with post-menopausal women, lucky me. I haven't had one in several months and I've been taking 'cranberry' pills everyday. Last week I missed three or four days because I ran out...so it seems like they do help. I went in early instead of waiting til Monday...it can get so out of hand if I put off seeing a Doctor.

Your lazy day sounds nice! I'm sure your being good no matter what you're doing! I'm going to my DH's gig today, he plays bass and my son is drumming! It's early 3-7 pm and lots of friends are going. I'm the Designated Driver but I may have a glass of wine before bed.

B: 1 egg and Greek yogurt

L: Leftover chicken stew

D: Homemade Hamburger / butternut squash
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #1543
Blabbermouth!!!

Great goal! Nothing better than finding yourself fitting into smaller clothes.

Sounds like you did great yesterday!! Hey, everyone needs alittle ice cream in their lives You did awesome.

Lazy day was wonderful, actually..so much so, that I didn't do laundry, or anything else...so guess what I'm doing today? Today's a quasi-lazy day..DH is off today and he's taken over errand running so I'm home.. I got the easy part far as I'm concerned so I'm not complaining

Have a blast tonight, it sounds fun. My DS is a bass player, he loves it. Very cool that you have a family that loves music.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #1544
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey blonde- our scales have the same name!! LOL Only mine is much longer and much rougher, LOL!!!!!

Well another freaking Monday we have sleet and freezing rain, not sure what to eat this week, I was so busy packing the last 2 days I didnt plan, that means failure!! I do have some of the Atkins meals for lunch, so now to find meat for tonight, I have some ground chicken so I can heat that up, tasty!!! LOL

Have a good week, and glad you found a shirt!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #1545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Blonde, I posted this over at JUDDD, but thought you may be interested in reading the health benefits of adding taters. It helped me to understand that I am truly benefiting my health by daily tater addition.

Hopefully you can view this link, if it doesn't show, it is because you have to view through a educational pathway or via medical research site...

Health properties of resistant starch - Nugent - 2005 - Nutrition Bulletin - Wiley Online Library

Quote:
Physiological effects of resistant starch

A number of physiological effects have been ascribed to RS and are listed in Table 4 and will be described below. RS, by escaping digestion in the small intestine, has few interactions with other components of the upper gastrointestinal tract. It is fermented in the large intestine resulting in the production of such fermentation products as carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen, organic acids (e.g. lactic acid) and SCFA. However, RS is believed to result in only a modest production of these gases compared with other non-digestible oligosaccharides, fructo-oligosaccharides and lactulose (Christl et al. 1992). SCFA produced include butyrate, acetate and propionate, and it is thought that these SCFA in particular mediate the effects of RS, rather than RS exerting a physical bulking effect (Topping et al. 2003). SCFA will be discussed briefly below; other mechanisms by which RS may influence physiological behaviour will be discussed later in this review.

Table 4. Physiological effects of resistant starch

Potential physiological effects --- Conditions where there may be a protective effect
Source: Adapted from Brown (2004) and Champ (2004).

Improve glycaemic and insulinaemic responses
Diabetes, impaired glucose and insulin responses, the metabolic syndrome

Improved bowel health
Colorectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, constipation

Improved blood lipid profile
Cardiovascular disease, lipid metabolism, the metabolic syndrome

Prebiotic and culture protagonist
Colonic health

Increased satiety and reduced energy intake
Obesity

Increased micronutrient absorption
Enhanced mineral absorption, osteoporosis

Adjunct to oral rehydration therapies
Treatment of cholera, chronic diarrhoea

Synergistic interactions with other dietary components, e.g. dietary fibres, proteins, lipids
Improved metabolic control and enhanced bowel health

Thermogenesis
Obesity, diabetes
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #1546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber~ I hope you can get the supplies you need for a good week! I don't do well in cold ans sleet, I'd be too scared to drive anywhere. Funny, naming scales...I'm not going to beg anymore, I'm going to tell Jack where to put the digital. Have an awesome week my friend!

Danielle~ Yeah I had fun yesterday at the Blues gig. I stuck with my club sodas and lime. Ate leftover hamburger and butternut squash for dinner.....then DH came home and force fed me a jack n the box taco...okay I held it myself. This was followed by a couple a spoonsful of peanut butter. All in all still a good day, I think if I had gone to bed when I should have I would have avoided the extra calories.

Day three of antibiotics and I just don;t like the way they make me feel, or maybe it's the UTI. I have work today and I'd rather go back to bed!

Sunday~ really good info! Potatoes are so satiating, I'm having them a few times a week, also a little white rice...but not on the same day. On Friday I splurged on Panda Express and had a String Bean Chicken and rice bowl. YUMMO.

I feel logy this morning, like I need extra coffee. I bought more green tea yesterday and I'm taking some to work with me. This week will be busy at work, no school today (Lincolns Birthday) and Valentines Day on Thursday! Yikes.

B: Cherry Greek Yogurt & egg
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #1547
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you had a great time yesterday. yeah I know all about the force-fed-husband-meals

Big bummer about the UTI! I haven't had one in awhile (I don't think?)...fortunate one to not exhibit symptoms whatsoever...kinda scary. I'm sure the weather, and your not feeling well has alot to do with feeling oogie this morning. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Kids here don't have school next Monday.. however, tomorrow DD16 has a half day.... AGAIN.. I swear these kids have more half days and days off than I ever did as a kid!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #1548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks Dani~ yes the grandgirls are out today and next Monday. Luckily SIL is off on Mondays and is taking them to Sea World...they got yearly passes for Christmas! Speaking of weather, aren't you glad we live out of the Snow and Ice cities? I sure am! How are you today, up day or DD? When I did JUDDD my DD always fell on a Monday, making it that much more heinous than ususal!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #1549
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Ah thanks Dani~ yes the grandgirls are out today and next Monday. Luckily SIL is off on Mondays and is taking them to Sea World...they got yearly passes for Christmas! Speaking of weather, aren't you glad we live out of the Snow and Ice cities? I sure am! How are you today, up day or DD? When I did JUDDD my DD always fell on a Monday, making it that much more heinous than ususal!
I have not been to Sea World in eons..I'm sure it's not even remotely close to how I remember it. Sounds fun!! I'm glad today that I don't live in snow and ice cities..just because right now we have "normal" weather that is not going to melt my skin off the minute I walk into the sun rainy & cloudy today! I do the rolling rotations, so every other week... it falls in with DH's schedule to the T..makes it easy for our nights out for dinner, etc.. and ironically for the concerts we've been to the last coupla months have falling on UD's all by themselves so I haven't even had to use a MD to switch rotation around..
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #1550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I do the rolling rotations, so every other week... it falls in with DH's schedule to the T..makes it easy for our nights out for dinner, etc.. and ironically for the concerts we've been to the last coupla months have falling on UD's all by themselves so I haven't even had to use a MD to switch rotation around..
I used to do rolling rotations as well! I think it worked best for me that way. When I tried doing M-W-F my weight loss slowed quite a bit but I'll bet doing T/Th rotations would be perfect for maintenance!

Work yesterday was killer...good tips but man I earned them. We have a new semi-temporary 'Manager' on the team, what a pompous jerk. I'll be really glad when they find a home for him (somewhere else). He checked us in, one by one yesterday, the start of the new all black uniforms. He commented on our apron strings and how they need to be "tucked" and out of the way, how some of the girls shirts were open at the collar and not buttoned properly, who had earrings that were too big or too long....ugh! Even our fingernails (no loud or obnoxious polish or designs). One of the reasons I love my job is it has it's own autonomy. I do my job. No one bothers me. It's like being in business for myself. Yes I work for the restaurant, but my tables and guests are mine, I treat them well, they tip me well (mostly). One of the male servers is a law school graduate (pending his bar exam) and he was ranting in the kitchen about the apron strings and the fact that it's no where in the dress code manual that you have to make your strings invisible. This manager is going to upset the apple cart, I can feel it. Funny stuff.

Lunch yesterday after work was: cottage cheese and butternut squash (surprisingly good). Dinner last night was chicken and potatoes. And some cheese. And a little peanut butter. I think I may be craving fat.

B today: 2 boiled eggs, mashed up with a teensy amount of mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish! Yum, spoon-able deviled eggs.

I may have salmon and salad after work today for lunch. Dinner will be turkey taco meat and some kind of veggie. Yogurt for snack and more green tea.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #1551
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I have listened to the JB's and the recco of keeping rolling rotations for more effective weightloss.. I just consider myself luck that the form fits perfectly with everything here.. never thought I'd be thankful for anything regarding DH's work schedule

OMG, see, people like that guy make me wanna punch someone in the throat. I had a few of those at Kohl's and they learned quickly to not mess with me. What part of, let-me-do-my-job-I'm-not-12-I-could-do-your-job-and-I'm-old-enough-to-be-your-mother do you find so hard to understand??? I hope this guy wakes up quickly and shuts up and leaves the work to the people who are actually doing the hard labor.

Have a wonderful day, lady!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #1552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Happy Skinny Tuesday everyone!!! Amber, love your new avi!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate micro-managers!!!! I love your perspective on service, Blonde; I always felt that way as a bartender/server, too! Fortunately, I have wonderful autonomy in my job now. I could never live with a job otherwise!!

Hope you have a great night!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning you all (ya'll, y'ns)~

Ah where do I start? Let's start with the good news~ good day yesterday, good tips, Mr. Self Important still on duty but I ignored him completely.

Food was mostly good, went over points again (remind me never to buy JIF peanut butter) but still under for the week with 2 days to go. Still taking antibiotics (yuck) and off work today so they can kill me on Valentine's Day tomorrow. What is it about Valentine's Day that makes people want to eat garlicky Italian food???

Danielle~ I have some family in Prescott Valley (they're all from Arkansas originally). I just found out they are ALL going back to Arkansas (1/2 of them are gone already) and I'm so sad! They were the closest to me outside of my own kids here and I really enjoyed going to visit them. Prescott Valley is so pretty. Now if I want to see them I have to go all the way to Arkansas! Since my eldest moved back to Cali I don't want to go back to AR! Sheesh. You worked at Kohls?? I think retail is so much harder and more frustrating than restaurant work. And yes, when you're sure you Supervisor was in diapers when you got married you want to B****slap someone! I worked as a bank teller for awhile years ago but I didn't love it. People have no sense of humor about their money.

Thanks Sunday! Happy Skinny Wednesday to you!
Amber your avi is beautiful!

Christine, you were a bartender? That's hard work! Yes, I don't need people breathing down my neck...if I wanted that I'd be making a lot more money 9-5 processing loans. EEuww!

Have a Wonderful Day ladies!! Anything special planned for Valentines Day??

B: Cottage cheese and butternut squash (I know, I'm addicted...for now. Til I'm not.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #1555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That PB can be a killer, for sure!! Glad you're still under for the week.

I remember that a year or two back DH and I went out for dinner on a random Tuesday night while DS was at his dad's. Turned out we had a LOT of trouble getting a seat at a local restaurant and couldn't figure out why. Then we realized it was Valentine's Day. D'oh. Hope you make lots of tips from the romance!

So to answer your question, nah. We don't do anything special for VD. I might make DH and DS heart-shaped steaks (if I can figure it out) and I'll put a little something special in DS's lunch box, but other than that, nada. Oh, I did purchase six carnations from a school fund-raiser to be delivered to DS; he was afraid he wouldn't get any, so I bought them and signed, "From Someone Special."

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, Blonde!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #1556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine I'd say that buying flowers for your son is pretty amazing and special! That so sweet and thoughtful. I'm putting some Hersheys Kisses Dark in Dh's lunchbox tomorrow!

I just left a major post on your journal! We must have crossed paths.....
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1557
Blabbermouth!!!

Believe it or not we've never been to Prescott. We've driven *thru* it but never had a destination there. Bummer about your relatives moving back to AR!

Yes, I worked at Kohl's for about 4 years total.. started out doing overnight ad-set for awhile..did that at 2 stores..at the 2nd one one morning I was putting some women's apparel away cause we had finished our work and I wanted my hours..manager who ran apparel loved what I had worked on and offered me misses supervisor..so I ran the entire misses dept..Bailey was cool, she got me and respected my talent and the fact that I had been in management for years prior to having kids, etc..she was probably 10yrs younger than me.... it was the GM that was a total ****** who thought he was God. Truth is, he was an awesome manager, knew his stuff..but the way he conveyed to his employees..not cool.. I loved my job, great pay and awesome benefits..just couldn't handle him after awhile so I quit. Funnily enough, I go in there to shop, look around knowing full well what those employees have "to do"..cleaning up, etc..and I think, yeah, yup, I don't miss this! Retail is all I've ever done..I was managing by the time I was 19.

OMG I love Jif pb. We don't buy it for that very reason because I don't stay out of it.

Crossing my fingers for some awesome tips tomorrow!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is with general managers??? Apparently, this guy was a GM in Louisiana and they (OG) are looking for a place for him. So? I love my GM and it bugs me that this guy is walking around acting like it's his restaurant! He's been there 2 days and the entire staff (kitchen included) hates him. Well maybe hate is a strong word. Really really really dislike him. We have a busser named NOE (pronounced NO-way). Yesterday the new guy was asking everyone if they'd seen NOAH...well, we had an old manager named NOAH so we were all looking around for NOAH. Nope. He was looking for NOE. DO they even speak Spanish in Louisiana? I'd be willing to bet that it would be hard to be a GM in San Diego without a passing knowledge of the language...our entire kitchen staff is Hispanic ESL. Man I can't stop ranting about this guy. My karma will come in the form of him being my boss. Crap.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day! Today is a celebration of love. You don't have a significant other? Love your pet, your Mom, your Dad...your elderly neighbor. There is someone in your orbit that could use a little extra special love today and you can provide it. Do it. It'll make you feel good!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #1560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear about the ongoing GM saga! So annoying!

Hope you have a great day o' love, Blonde, despite Mr. Annoying!