Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I posted this somewhere else but I thought I'd better bring it over here, I think I'm trying to tell myself something, but what?

Breakfast:
Banana (70) at (5am)

2 pieces GF Toast (102) (7am)
2 slices 2% cheese slices(100)

2 tbls chunky peanut butter (190) 8-ish
2tbls mini dark choc chips (140)

So here it is, not even 8:30 in the morning, I've used all of my WW points except 8 for the entire day.

When I LC (which I'm not at the moment, obviously) I never eat candy. In general I never eat candy. I don't really have a sweet tooth. I'm thinking the banana triggered it, because usually no matter what I'm doing food-wise, I rarely eat fruit. I don't love it, or crave it.

I keep thinking I want to be able to co-exist in the real food world. To not always be cutting out whole groups of foods...but I can't seem to do it. Does anyone else have this issue? When I start adding foods, like fruit, or extra carbs it takes over my will. It's laughable to me that I ate chocolate chips today. I mean, this bag has been here since Christmas! Of course I'm not throwing in the towel, just sayin', this blows.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee

Just telling you that I understand so well. I don't know what's wrong with me. I really don't. I am unfocused and have totally lost the ooomph I had at the beginning of the year. I am pissed at myself for gaining so much weight and my apparent lack of desire to do anything about it.

Something's got to give........
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, lack of desire is not the issue. If desire could do it we'd be rails...Laura what are we to do? I'm going to tell you to hang in, because I'm hanging on for dear life, I don't know what else to do...

"So what gives'? I ask, as I sit here eating leftover potato chips from Sunday and using up the last of my 8 points. "I don't get it"! I say with my mouth full, gleeking potato chip crumbs onto my computer desk. Eating potato chips for lunch is a symptom, not a cause. Being disappointed (and angry) at myself for not losing any weight. It's my "What the hell"....I'm not having a full on melt down here, just a little pity party. I've not been perfect but I've been 'practically perfect', for me.

Yes I'm trying to have a sense of humor about this. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, however you can walk for miles (on a treadmill) and never leave the room. How many miles do I invest before I change course? A little more. A few more, I'm investing in myself. If I don't invest in me who will? I'm just hangin' on by my fingertips, lookin' for an attitude adjustment.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know, the hardest thing about having a journal is spilling your guts in public. I don't have a huge following, thank goodness but I love and respect my friends here. I'm sorry to sound so flaky, but I guess I am. I'm having a hard time committing. I'm lost and just about without answers, (so Laura I can relate).

Can I ask the question here? Why are there so many of us struggling daily and working so hard at it and some of us get results and some of us don't? And when we do, why do we have to struggle through it again? And again? There's no real answer to these questions and man am I in a bad mood now.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
No answers....so am sending you a hug
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A hug is MUCH appreciated.

Liposuction would be better.

Or duct tape for my mouth.

Seriously, thank you for the hug...I needed that.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 21 days - 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Oh Blonde your last post gave me a chuckle, liposuction would be great but I am glad a hug for you right now will do.

I have no clever answers for you my dear and though many succeed with weight loss there are many who will struggle. I am in the struggle group right now for how long, time will tell. I struggle with food in general and putting it in it's proper place. Like marriages are work for some so will dropping the weight be for others, WORK and hard work at that. You have the desire so keep that in mind and just move on from the day, there is tomorrow.

I just want you to know that none of us are perfect, we fall down and we dust ourselves off and we keep going.

Keep Going!

BTW- Most of the foods you ate earlier would send me into a carb fest for sure, especially having a banana. The cheese wouldn't but everything else would so I try not to have that kind of food in my house, sad but true for me.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-05-2013 at 04:28 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #1508
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde- everyday is a battle, I want to punch naturally thin people in the freaking face like my husband and boss, LOL I cant imagine waking up and not being full of angst over what to put in my mouth everyday, and how hard to move my butt to not lose a freaking pound, while millions of people shoved in crap in Superbowl Sunday and didn't gain a pound, but it is what it is! We all have those days when we attack the pantry!!! I think frustration is the cause of chocolate chip and chip eating by noon. One thing I do that really helps is I plan my meals and what I am going to eat in an app that tracks, calories, carbs, etc, then I know OK breakfast is a shake and 1/3 grapefruit, if I just wake up and wonder that leads to trouble, weekends are trouble cause everyone is here wanting pancakes and stuff, LOL

But planning, I feel is paramount!!!! You really gotta plan meals, plan your day and then say OK I ate breakfast at 5 am so now I am good til 11 or 12, and get by, maybe try some serious planning and use your points for food that fills you, protein, and healthy fat stuff!!!

Lord knows I have struggled and I still struggle everyday but it can be done!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I can't tell you how much I agree with this !!! Lipo is the answer that I seek as well. I just wish I lived near so we could meet for wine & taters with a sample of dark choc gravy.

I can't post links (not allowed), but I wish I could direct you to the PHD site and then on the right hand side please click on Q&A. Then scroll down to read about resistant starch. Begin with Tater Tot. He is just some paleo dude who posts over at Mark Sisson's site, but I find what he says reassuring. hope that I am not just blinded by starch.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Wednesday morning Blonde! Seize the day!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #1511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my dear friends, thank you so much for the inspirations and thoughtful answers. Today is a new day. I won't bore you all with the Birthday cake (Grandgirl, age 7) and pinot scenario. Yesterday was shot through and through, I made bad choices, I made bad choices knowing they were bad.

Maggie, you are absolutely correct, there is food here that needs to not be here. I will rectify that as soon as I possibly can, and keep going! Just because WW allows anything doesn't mean I have to eat everything. Better choices! I am seizing the day, starting right now.

Amber, thanks you are also right! I do much better when I have a plan for the day! I had no plan yesterday. I was stressed about getting cake and food for the little one's party (DD35 was working) and I let my stress get the better of me. Planning is key, or a free for all will occur. And I know a banana is not going to fill me or keep me satisfied, Why did I do that? I'm not eating fruit, especially by itself.

Sunday, thank you I will check out the Q&A at PHD. I've been meaning to do that. And thank you for the good info you post everyday at PHD thread. Mmm....chocolate gravy...

Again, thank you all for caring and being so thoughtful. I was definitely having a pity party and blaming WW and the world for my issues. The problem started with me and the solution lies with me.

B: 2 boiled eggs & coffee
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm off to work and will check back in afterward. Interesting, a lot of people going off the rails here yesterday, figuratively and mentally. It occurred to me this morning that the first week of February is one month after the first week of the new year. I certainly didn't meet my own expectations or resolutions...yet.

A new commitment is in order. Make it through this week. Then next week.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #1513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I'm off to work and will check back in afterward. Interesting, a lot of people going off the rails here yesterday, figuratively and mentally. It occurred to me this morning that the first week of February is one month after the first week of the new year. I certainly didn't meet my own expectations or resolutions...yet.

A new commitment is in order. Make it through this week. Then next week.
I thought this as well Blonde. Today is a new day, let's grab hold of it and be better today than we were yesterday.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! Thanks again for the love and care and kind comments and suggestions. I so appreciate my friends here!

I'm not going to say all is better and I have conformed. I conformed, yesterday. I will conform again today, for breakfast. By making a good choice to have eggs for breakfast, I went on to make a good choice to have:

salmon and salad (my fav) for lunch, then on to have:
yogurt for a snack after work

then:
chicken and a goodly amount of roasted butternut squash

and: No sugar added vanilla ice cream for dessert...

I came in at points, I felt satisfied (and not starving) by eating foods I love and having the dessert (albeit sugar free) that I wanted. I didn't have any GF bread yesterday, I think it may be triggering cravings, and I certainly didn't have any fruit (except the miniscule amount in the yogurt).

I've come to the realization that I need to be careful of certain carbs, and just because I'm doing WW, my carb issues have not gone away. Yes I can have some things that are not going to ruin my non-LC diet... since I'm not necessarily LC or NK or even induction. I'm finding my way, with my eyes closed and my hands stuck out in front of me, rather Frankenstein-like. Grumbling as I go.

It's going to be alright. One day at a time, one meal at a time, even one food at a time. Slowly, I learn. New commitment on a daily basis.

BTW: For the nth day in a row my scale has read : 216.2

Is this even possible???
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #1515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning! Thanks again for the love and care and kind comments and suggestions. I so appreciate my friends here!

I'm not going to say all is better and I have conformed. I conformed, yesterday. I will conform again today, for breakfast. By making a good choice to have eggs for breakfast, I went on to make a good choice to have:

salmon and salad (my fav) for lunch, then on to have:
yogurt for a snack after work

then:
chicken and a goodly amount of roasted butternut squash

and: No sugar added vanilla ice cream for dessert...

BTW: For the nth day in a row my scale has read : 216.2

Is this even possible???
Mmmm, your food selection sounds absolutely yumyum. About the scale, if you have a minute go read my very last 2 posts on PHD. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that the scale stops as he did.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Mmmm, your food selection sounds absolutely yumyum. About the scale, if you have a minute go read my very last 2 posts on PHD. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that the scale stops as he did.
I did just read that and I thought , wow me too!! I don't know what it means, his was at normal weight....mine is just...stubborn! Great posts on PHD thread today, so much great info. I can't get over how everyone is researching and finding answers and examples...of course I'm along for the free ride.

As you can probably tell, I feel (cautiously) positive today.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #1517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know I have set points, because my scale does just exactly like yours and it is quite frustrating. I am okay for a period, but then I go absolutely bonkers trying to break through.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got to 197-199 last year doing JUDDD. Now I can't seem to break 215. I'll just keep plugging along. I really loved JUDDD but not being able to complete a DD was starting to make me feel really bad about myself.

I love what you posted re: weight loss and PHD. Very interesting! Since reading the thread I've become less afraid of 'good carbs" like butternut squash. I've eaten more potatoes with dinner and it's so satisfying. Just to be 'at home' in general with safe starches. I do think my GF bread habit was not a good idea and I'm laying off the bread for a bit and see how it goes.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I got to 197-199 last year doing JUDDD. Now I can't seem to break 215. I'll just keep plugging along. I really loved JUDDD but not being able to complete a DD was starting to make me feel really bad about myself.

I love what you posted re: weight loss and PHD. Very interesting! Since reading the thread I've become less afraid of 'good carbs" like butternut squash. I've eaten more potatoes with dinner and it's so satisfying. Just to be 'at home' in general with safe starches. I do think my GF bread habit was not a good idea and I'm laying off the bread for a bit and see how it goes.
You know how much you love the Rice Chips??? I have been wondering why not allow just a few of the rice chips in place of gf bread and it may satisfy? They are so yummy with a good amount of salsa or guac.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do love the Lundberg rice chips and a good idea in a pinch. Better than the GF bread, more fiber and less ingredients. I think for me... old habits die hard and I should be careful about keeping stuff around that I can overeat in a heartbeat.

Actually potatoes are better than rice for me. Rice tends to make me want to keep coming back to the pot until it's gone. I don't get that way with potatoes, I just get full.

Breakfast today: 2 boiled eggs

It worked so well yesterday, I'm going for round two.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #1521
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great day yesterday! YES!

My DD loves those rice chips with salsa.. I don't buy them often because she could eat the whole bag in one afternoon if I let her.. I guess it's better than candy and cookies..but WOW!

Rice reacts with me so differently depending on which way the wind blows, it seems. There are some meals where I'll have it and feel totally fine, and then other times I'll have it and my stomach literally blows up like a beach ball I love rice!

Make today a great day!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #1522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks D~

Today was a carbon copy of yesterday food-wise, another great day. One at a time...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well from what I read you are NOT gainning so that would be a + in my book. I see you are now tweaking some things that you are eating maybe changing one food up for another to see if it can get that dodgy scale to go down. Maintaning ones weight is just as important as losing it in my book, but that is just me. You are doing well Blonde.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's weigh in 213.8 So I lost 1.4lbs this week despite the Super Bowl, the birthday party and any other shenanigans. Not to say I didn't have that weight loss coming. 1.4lbs in a month is pretty grim but at least I'm not gaining!

Thanks Maggie! Yes I am changing things up. I haven't had any GF bread in two days, so I exchanged that for eggs for breakfast. No wine either. I've been eating very simply. I also sipped green tea the last couple of days and whether it was tea or protein or not having bread, I have released a lot of water the last couple of days! I could feel it. Today I will continue with one day at a time and make the best choices I can make. MY REWARD FOR ALL OF THIS EFFORT? WW took away one of my points this morning!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #1525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy dancing over here!!!

Wow! You are up early? Isn't the learning process of what is going to work for us truly amazing??? LOVE it.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #1526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
That green tea will do it for me every time. Into the bathroom, out of the bathroom, into the bathroom, out of the bathroom. Good thing my office is right across the hall!

Hope you have a wonderful day, Blonde!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #1527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sunday! Yes, I'm up at 5am most weekdays but I usually don't get online until 6 or so. Yes the food combo the last couple of days was really good, made me feel good too.

Hey Christine! Really?? If green tea does that, I'm having it everyday!! I hope it's a good day too! I'm going to do my best to make it one.

So~ Every Friday for the last several weeks I've gone overboard on points. It's weigh in day, ergo the farthest from the next weigh in day I'll get.
Also after Friday comes Friday night, which is often an opportunity to get together with friends and family and have a glass of Pinot Noir (or three). I'm not going to say that I'm skipping the Pinot. I will say that since having a glass of wine is so important on Friday, I will watch my points carefully, choosing wisely and I will pay very close attention to how I feel tomorrow. If I wake up starving or grouchy or not feeling as good as I do this morning, then I'm going to have to reevaluate the wine (again). I have a 'thing' on Sunday (DH's band is playing) and right now at this moment I'm thinking about possibly considering maybe being the designated driver.

For want of a better idea:

B: Eggs

I forgot to mention GREEN OLIVES along with my salmon, chicken, yogurt, butternut squash, green tea, eggs and salad w/EVOO for the last couple of day's menus!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 02-08-2013 at 06:13 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #1528
Blabbermouth!!!

AWESOME weigh in today!! Good work, lady.

I wish I liked green tea...dh loves the stuff. I just can't get myself into the whole tea thing.. Glad you are enjoying it!

Happy weekend
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't love it, but I think I love the whoosh it gave me. I used Bigelow Peach favored green tea bags, put it in cup with a lid and left it in there. I kept adding hot water over a period of a couple of hours..and I used Stevia for sweetener.

Right now I am freezing and I don't want to make a fire because I have to go out and I don't want to waste it. I mail ordered two new black work shirts, size 20 ( to make sure they fit) and they don't fit. If that's a size 20 shirt I'll eat it! Maybe it's a 14. Maybe. Hmph.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh! I hate when clothes is mis-sized! No, don't eat it...you'll gain back the 1.4 you lost!