Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #1471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Proud of you for sticking to your guns and staying away from the wine. I'm that way with beer..if it's here I'm having it.. so we don't buy it too often to bring home and mainly stick to the once a week date night time..it's much easier for me that way cause I'm a wimp..

Dinner sounds like it was a hit. I love finding new things to add to menus.
Ugh, housework..it never ends, does it? I am looking around and seeing tons of stuff I wanna tackle but my back is telling me different. I cannot stay hunched over or scrub like I used to, my joints just won't allow it anymore.

Have a wonderful SoCal day!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sunday and Danielle~ My two favorite food words "melty" and 'taco" together in one sentence! *Drooling* Notice there's no little man 'avatar' for drooling? Or maybe there was one, once but it disappeared from over use....yes indeedy I'm in a good mood today. I do feel better, I'm off work, my house is coming together (again) after a weekend and half/week of not being here long enough to care about the hairy carpets. I leave the dogs out all day now, but they still manage to fur up anything that will grab their coats however briefly.

I'm a tiny bit nervous about the weigh in tomorrow...I don't want an upward trend. On the other hand, I get some Pinot Noir tomorrow night, either way!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm worried about my weigh in too! Last weeks was horrendous,...and for no apparent reason to boot!

Yeah, I saw Sunday's mention of melty taco dip and thought OMG!
I think maybe a recipe is in order...

Glad you're in a great mood!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't worry too much Dani, we'll get through this. If I'm up, I'll blame last week, if I'm down, I'll praise this week. Even if I stay the same, I'll feel better than a gain. Please no gain....

I was tooling around on the other threads and a lot of other WW'rs are doing lowcarb WW. That makes me scratch my head. I tried it for a few days and it's not conducive to LC. Everything LC is way out of sight on points. Am I missing something? If I'm going to do LC, then I'll count carbs, not points....that wasn't working for me anyway. Or I suppose I could do Simply filling technique...where you only count foods that are not power foods. Nah! I'll give this a few more weeks before I throw in the towel and switch counting modes. I appreciate the discipline I'm gaining here, and more self control.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #1475
Blabbermouth!!!

Nah, I'm not worried per se.. I mean I've done *ok* this month.. I wrote this on another thread today, I think it sums up everything....
---Well, January was not a very good month for me weight loss wise.. but I admit that I did learn some things about myself. I learned that I AM capable of sticking to this despite setback after setback. I can now see that I do want to honor my health and my success and will do what I need to and not be derailed by what the scale says. It will NOT dictate my moods, self esteem or the kind of person I am. I think the difficulties I had this month is the first time EVER that I stayed committed to my plan regardless, and for that, I am pretty dang proud of myself. Total win in my book.

I hear alot about how people incorporate lc with WW.. didn't there used to be a lc version of WW not too long ago???? Like, when the whole lc craze hit big?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #1476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Danielle, You should be proud and I agree that when setbacks spell trouble for me, I usually go a little bonkers eating wise and have to pull in the reigns. Sometimes at least a month. On the wine, my main hangup, is that it stalls me. I see all of these JUDDDers who can drink with no issues. So, then I try to have a glass or two and never fails, my scale won't budge.

And it causes me to miss my fav show that I recorded because I sit down to watch and fall asleep.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Easy taco dip!

Taco Dip (I bet WW has one that is yummy too)

1/2 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat, drain. Mix beans, cooked ground beef and taco seasoning. Spread bean mixture in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread the sour cream on top of the beans and then top with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes - until cheese is bubbly. Serve with my new fav chips (Lundberg's Brown Rice Chips).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taco dip.jpg (44.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I can find Gluten free puff pastry, I am dying, just dying to try and make
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries. OMG! That would make me and fam so happy on super bowl sunday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avocadopuffpastry-17.jpg (33.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1479
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Easy taco dip!

1/2 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 350.

In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat, drain. Mix beans, cooked ground beef and taco seasoning. Spread bean mixture in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread the sour cream on top of the beans and then top with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes - until cheese is bubbly. Serve with my new fav chips (Lundberg's Brown Rice Chips).
omg im so hungry now!! Thats looks great! I would not have thought to put the sour cream in to bake.. so glad i saw the recipe~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
---Well, January was not a very good month for me weight loss wise.. but I admit that I did learn some things about myself. I learned that I AM capable of sticking to this despite setback after setback. I can now see that I do want to honor my health and my success and will do what I need to and not be derailed by what the scale says. It will NOT dictate my moods, self esteem or the kind of person I am. I think the difficulties I had this month is the first time EVER that I stayed committed to my plan regardless, and for that, I am pretty dang proud of myself. Total win in my book.
Absolutely! Perfect summation. JUDDD is a wonderful plan! Granted, one has to be ready for it (you and I can attest to that) but it offers the best of both worlds. I'm so happy you found it. It gives great results and yet it's so forgiving at the same time. I do hope one of these days I can get back to it.

Quote:
And it causes me to miss my fav show that I recorded because I sit down to watch and fall asleep.

I can do this without the help of wine. DH and I don't go to movies, well because...we both snore.

So of course I'm hungrier today, because I'm home. I had a good breakfast and just had a concoction of roasted cauliflower and WW jalapeno cheddar cheese wedges. 1 point. I plan to drink lots of water today. I think I'm not getting near enough liquids in.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 01-31-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #1481
Blabbermouth!!!

You'll get back to it soon enough..right now you're supposed to figure out other things..

For a brief second during this month I thought perhaps this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing.. but I just could not bare the idea of letting it go..glad I stuck with it. Excited to see what Feb. brings!

I really like those cheese wedges
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
omg im so hungry now!! Thats looks great! I would not have thought to put the sour cream in to bake.. so glad i saw the recipe~
Kimberly, Your hubby will this!!! If you really want to get fancy add a bowl of guacomole for people to add a little bit to the bowl of this amazing appetizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose;16231406

:hyst: [B
I can do this without the help of wine. DH and I don't go to movies, well because...we both snore.[/B]
Oh, I have fallen asleep at the movies. One night my two BFFs decided to go and see a movie after we had dinner and wine. BIG mistake!!! I laughed the whole way through while one of BFF in the middle just zonked out. We had to tease her because the next time we were trying to choose movies she suggested the same movie that she slept through.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
[B]You'll get back to it soon enough..right now you're supposed to figure out other things..

Danielle~ I LOVE this answer. You're so right! One thing at a time.

For a brief second during this month I thought perhaps this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing.. but I just could not bare the idea of letting it go..glad I stuck with it. Excited to see what Feb. brings!

I'm so happy you stuck with it also!

I really like those cheese wedges

Mmmm. Me too!
Sunday~ we started conking out at the drive in when the kids were little. We have no shame. The last movie I saw I the theatre was Lord of the Rings~Return of the King. Along while back....
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #1484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
If I can find Gluten free puff pastry, I am dying, just dying to try and make
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries. OMG! That would make me and fam so happy on super bowl sunday.
This looks amazing!

Blonde!!!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I'm back to my 215.2 of week before last and that makes me happy. I will continue this week with the same diligence to stay on point. In looking back over the beginning of my week (last Friday) I was over points because of wine on Friday and Saturday. If I'm going to have wine then I need to really use my points wisely on the weekend. I'm glad I lost the pound but I want to see a new weight next week.

Freezing in here this morning so I made a batch of roasted butternut squash. I've been getting this already cubed at the local Sprouts market! No peeling, scooping out guts or trying to cut through this rock hard vegetable. It is sweet and delicious alone or added to other dishes (like turkey taco meat). It's filling and a real comfort food for me. Zero points, all day long!

I'm going to ride the exercise bike in a little while and catch up on a DVR'd show or two. The Following, episode 2 for sure. DH didn't *love* the first show so I'm on my own.

Hi Christine! I'm glad you popped on line for awhile. I'm not sure what that puff pastry thing was all about, but it does sound yummy! I'll stop by and see you later.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #1486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Easy taco dip!

1/2 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 350.

Sunday!! I completely missed this post! I'm not sure it pays to go straight to first unviewed messages. I swear it wasn't there yesterday! I could totally eat that dip! I adore Mexican seasonings, especially cumin. And I love cilantro! I buy Lundberg brown rice chips too. I bought a bag of "lentil chips' at Sprouts yesterday, "Cucumber Dill' flavor! There are many many GF products out there. Is there such a thing as GF puff pastry? That would be heaven!

I was going back through some stuff this morning and I realize that although I only lost 2.4 in January, I lost 5lbs in December! I started out at 222. I need to give myself credit for every ounce lost and be grateful that I didn't gain it back...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Things I want to remember this weekend:

Plan ahead!
Having wine? Watch your points! They add up fast.
Sunday Super Bowl Party~take healthy snacks and a veggie tray. Consider being the designated driver. DH might appreciate that.
Before eating or drinking~Ask yourself, is it worth it?
Have fun!

Off to Souplantation for lunch with my BFF. Hoping the have chicken posole soup. I love it and the points are low! They also have sugar free chocolate mousse. Yum. Oh, and salad. NO GF breads but I'll survive.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #1488
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great lunch! I miss Soup Plantation, used to go there alot when we lived out there.

Great plans for the weekend lady, you rock!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #1489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Sunday! That is so exciting! I love egg rolls and of course the bummer is...it's wrapped in wheat. I will def check those out!

Dani~ I have a plan! I just need to stick to it. Gonna be a good one!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday, I just visited the visited the GF blog. Thank you so much. What a gold mine of information. So many great recipes, I can;t wait to try some. Woot!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #1491
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope the lunch visit was fun! Wonderful weekend vibes coming your way, remember your goals.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #1492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remember your goals....

Thanks, I needed that!

Lunch was good, no wine last night...I feel somewhat 'adrift' this morning. My own fault for taking a peek at the scale, up 1lb from yesterday. I know it is physically impossible to gain (or lose) a lb of fat overnite...so why do I feel like a fathead?

I am so cranky right now...I wish DH had to work today so I don't have to bite my tongue all day because I'm cranky and it's not his fault!

Remember my goals....stay on point, make good choices, eat veggies and fruits...drink water...forget about the scale...stay off the dang scale til next Friday!

I'm going today to pick out my yard art, a gift from my girls for my birthday last month. These two ladies make suncatchers out of crystal plates and dishes and chochkis. Kind of expensive but really beautiful! They had a booth at the Christmas street fair and I was so enchanted by their displays that my eldest contacted them for pricing then gave me $$ and their card to go pick out my favorite. I'm a lucky Mom!

I'll get past this bad mood, hopefully before I put DH in a bad mood.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I am in a funk, I try to take a long walk. Which is what I am getting ready to do. It does something to my endorphins that makes me come down from the ledge.

Blonde, I wanted to come by last night and forgot to. I am doing 16 hour fasting daily right now. It just means that I am eating in the 7 hour window and this is what PHD suggests. I loosely JUDDD with this, because in all honesty, I am sick to death of counting every single thing. Now, the great thing about PHD foods, or many paleo plans, is it is difficult to go over on cals unless you really try. I am going to trust the PHD to keep me in my limit and 65/20/15. I just began this full force in January and really do not hunger much at all. My plan is to transition to 5:2 when I reach goal, or if I really enjoy the 16:8, I may stay here. It is very freeing to give up counting/logging, but to trust my decisions. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by sunday; 02-03-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH, and PLEASE come back and post a pic of your birthday gift! I am very anxious to see. I love garden and lawn art.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday~I did pick up my Garden art today! I went there yesterday and looked at what they had 'already made'. Lots of beautiful things but the one I wanted was already 'promised' to someone else...so...I went through their glassware and put together one myself! They were so helpful and had some wonderful things to choose from. I ended up with green depression glass and a few other 'pretties'. I love it and will post asap.

Thank you for your thoughts on hunger, etc. I'm really enjoying your PHD thread and come there often. Lots of good info and great people.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #1496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am enjoying that thread too!!! I can't believe that I almost passed it up!

I remember I kept seeing the book and hearing people talk about it on the MDA forum and the "Tater Hack". What really sparked my interest in the whole plan, is that one "youtube video" of Paul speaking about the food/supplements/fasting that he believes lead to longevity. I thought "well, if a 77 year young lady can do this and feel that much difference and get to her goal weight, then I should give it a shot". I am not getting younger and I have given my poor body a run for it's money in my 54 years. Lots of fast food, junk, and bad choices when I was young.

Then I looked at his site and discovered the apple and all of the good stuff that was included and saw that he left chocolate & wine in. I was sold!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #1497
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Sunday a gal on my weigh in thread is doing that potato hack she is losing weight like crazy but it has been 11 days of nothing but potatoes, holy crap I would be nuts!!! Do you eat paleo? I was looking at that, but it involves giving up dairy which makes me nervous, no half and half and no cheese!!!!

Blonde- hi hun, just checking in and seeing how you are doing! You mentioned Soup Plantation, I used to love that place when I loved in San Diego!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl, awesome game!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Sunday a gal on my weigh in thread is doing that potato hack she is losing weight like crazy but it has been 11 days of nothing but potatoes, holy crap I would be nuts!!! Do you eat paleo? I was looking at that, but it involves giving up dairy which makes me nervous, no half and half and no cheese!!!!

Blonde- hi hun, just checking in and seeing how you are doing! You mentioned Soup Plantation, I used to love that place when I loved in San Diego!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl, awesome game!!!
The Perfect Health Plan is pacific paleo which means that it is Paleo plus Pacific influenced optimal nutrition, nothing but whole foods plus they allow limited dairy, nuts, chocolate & wine. Also, you are allowed a lot of fat, thus 65/20/15. I am thriving this way.
If you would like to check out our thread it is linked at the bottom of my siggie. Jaminet believes potatoes and rice are safe starches, which is fantastic because I never really had issues with potatoes.

Which person is it on tater hack? She will need to slowly introduce foods when she is done. I did the hack for 4 days and lost 5 lbs. It seems like it would be difficult but what happens is very therapeutic mentally. In fact, I may try it again.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Limited dairy is allowed. I have butter, yogurt, kefir, & some cheeses every day.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #1500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey there...

I wrote a long winded post yesterday, only to have it disappear in the ether. I think LC Friends may a crashed for a little while. I couldn't log back in. Doh!

What did I say? IDK. I forget. Must not have been important. I've been doing something this week I don't normally do...I've stepped on the scale every day. Not sure why I'm doing this, if only to see the 216.2 flash everyday. This I weird. I bounced back up from Friday and I've been stuck there daily. I persevere. I'm not ready to dump WW just yet, but I could be getting close.

Have I been perfect? No, and that's the problem. How far from perfect do I have to fall to scatter my good results to the wind? Sunday was not a free for all. I did have wine. I did have a some 'off plan' food, but only a little. I didn't even eat the chili I made for the party. I have logged my food every day since I started. WW is supposed to allow for 'real food' and real life events. But still, I have made very little progress since January 1. Actually about a 1lb loss when it comes down to it. IS that reasonable? I don't think so. At this rate, if I stick with it, I'll lose 12 lbs by December...in 10 months!!

The good news...I've lost a total of 6lbs since December. If I were to keep those 6lbs OFF for the rest of the year, I would be ahead. Not as far as I had hoped. IDK. I just don't know.