Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #1411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Amber, believe it or not, after a while it's just food. Some things always smell great but the only thing that makes my mouth water is the spaghetti and meat balls. Weird.

Went way over points yesterday but I expected to, DD potatoes today!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So~

Just had my morning potato breakfast which consisted of 2 smallish reds with Cholula sauce and a sprinkle of salt. Yum. I'll have two more later on when I get hungry enough. I want to play this by ear. It is Saturday and I don't want to go down the path of "but it's Saturday"! I had a great day yesterday, I'll potato hack today and tomorrow I will have a nice Sunday dinner.

I'm so happy to be able to do this, I wouldn't have thought to use potatoes on a DD before, it was all about carbs and not getting enough protein. It became mostly impossible to complete a good DD without "white knuckling" through the whole day. When you think about doing that 3/4 days a week the odds of success become less and less. I had given up the idea of being able to JUDDD at all, and now here I am, back at it and feeling as positive now as I did in the beginning of this JUDDD journey.

I'm pretty sure my extreme slow down in weight loss toward the end of my last successful JUDDD experiment had much to do with my over zealous up days. I'll def be keeping an eye on those up days.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stuck fast to my potato down day yesterday but it was HARD to do. I had the growly, rumbly tummy and a couple of times a bit of nausea. By bed time I was really tired and went to bed gladly to not think about being hungry anymore.....it's easier to do when I'm working and not "off duty'.

Up day today and welcome!!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1414
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AuroraLaura
Stats: 199/181/145
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1/16/13
Good morning Blonde! Reading your journal is so helpful to me right now..... I just started doing potatoes as well, I am going to do 3 or 4 days in a row to jump start, then make them my DD's thereafter. Up days will hopefully be sensible eating low carb. I did potatoes yesterday and survived! Only had 3 all day, but was really physically busy on purpose. It will make work easier too, no planning. (I just need to clean out snacks from drawer right away!)

I see that we are neighbors! I'm in Mira Mesa.. Isn't is lovely that it isn't freezing finally?, Nice summer day expected today!

Have a wonderful week!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I wish i lived in Southern Cal.

Best wishes Laura! I am anxious to see this work for you.

Blonde, have you tried the extra crispy golden crinkles yet? 14 = 120 cals. I spray a baking pan with my coconut oil pam very lightly and make sure that the oven is set high at 450 degrees. They crisp up perfectly and make one meal for me.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #1416
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You got through another day!

I was reading something on potatoes the other day (I forget what article it was)...and it said that eating cold potatoes helped burn fat.. I'm gonna have to go look now .. I remember thinkin...hhmmmmm, I can eat cold potatoes if it's gonna lop off some fat!

Laura~ I used to live in Mira Mesa.. only for a short while before moving back to AZ.. but I did grow up in San Diego county from the age of 3 until I moved to N. Cali when I was 25..Miss the weather there that's for sure! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #1417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi hi hi!!! Busy page today!

Laura~ Hey Neighbor! I love our weather right now and hate the overnight freezing! We are lucky for sure to be living in San Diego! I think doing potatoes for a few days is a great idea and I realize it would have been easier for me if I hadn't been on a down day and watching the calories. I actually like them cold! If my journal helps at all then it's worth it to log on everyday. It has been the one thing that's kept me coming back and moving forward (even though not as fast as I would like). I've made so many good friends here! Welcome to the support system!

Sunday~ I haven't done anything other than microwave red and yukon gold potatoes. I'll bet the oven fries are heavenly! Coconut oil Pam?? Really? Did you but it or make it yourself? That sounds tasty.

Dani~ potatoes are pretty good! Are you thinking of doing a potato down day? It's the potato craze!! Good thing I like them.....

Speaking of Mira Mesa~ I went to work at the Grand opening of the first Jack n the Box in Mira Mesa...way back in 1973. Wow. The lines were out the door and down the road!

Going for a ride in the ZZZZ-CAR with my groom. That sounds funny I know but he calls me his bride.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #1418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats on a successful potato day, Blonde! Hope you have a great Tuesday!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #1419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Christine! I popped over to your journal, sounds like you are on a roll! Congrats!

I don't know what I'm doing really, regarding the Potato Hack. I'm thinking of doing a 5/2 fast (DD's on T/TH) and WW on the other days. I did 3 DD's last week but Saturday was SO hard. It's much easier for me when I'm working. I love WW's 'nothing is off limits' as long as I count everything but I also love how a couple of DD's can move me along faster. I also like how JUDDD makes me feel. Lighter. Hopeful.

I had a day off yesterday with DH. The weather was perfect, we went for a drive. My poor DD34 and her family have the flu but they are on the mend. I feel bad for staying away but with my respiratory issues I'm really afraid to get too close. I could get it anyway, working in the public but I would be dumb to put myself purposely in it's path. DD has had to go to work sick, she runs the front office/shipping/payroll/AR & AC. It's nice to have job security but not when you have to drag yourself out of a sick bed. The grandgirls have been resting in the conference room with pillows and blankets. Unbelievable. Every one is better today except for the littlest, who got it last.

Work and potato day today!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1420
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, I'm sorry your family is sick. Definitely is best that you stay away, this thing going around is a nasty lil bugger! I believe I am finally over it after almost 50 days of it..

I started out doing a potato day yesterday..sat down and had some potatoes for lunchtime before the movie and had made extra for dinnertime.. well, dh came home and ate them. Those were the last of the potatoes I had on had so, needless to say I ended up with a small salad instead.

I like your combo of days you're setting up. Anxious to see if you see some good results with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #1421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, DH ate your potatoes!! DOH~! Time to buy more! I had hot potatoes for breakfast with Cholula but I enjoy them more when they are cold. You too, huh? I don't know what it is, they taste extra starchy I guess. And they're cheap! It's nice to know I can eat something that isn't as costly as protein and is filling and versatile. My DH has enjoyed the benefits of getting some potato with his eggs this past weekend.

I forgot to mention last nights dinner which for me was so delicious and probably slightly weird for DH. I roasted cubed butternut squash with some olive oil and served it with ground turkey sauteed up with vidalia onion and Mexican spices...cumin, cayenne, chili powder, salt and pepper. I mixed mine together in a bowl like 'hash' and the sweet squash and spicy meat was like a party in my mouth! I put DH's on a plate, separated... with corn tortillas and he ate it without too much complaint. He was glad I didn't throw his together in a bowl (but of course I knew that). It was so good, I may have to go get more cubed squash.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
The squash and turkey sound really good together.

I made some pasta sauce with chicken and bacon in it and then put it over baked red skinned potatoes instead of pasta. Yummy....
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #1423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AuroraLaura
Stats: 199/181/145
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1/16/13
I hope everyone feels better quickly! We have been spared, but my son got a mysterious illness back in early October and ended up being the official first documented case of the flu! (what a thingnto be known for) They said it has never come so early. He missed a whole week of school. I rarely get sick, probably because of all the wine i drink, lol!

My hubby actually ate low carb 2 days in a row!!! Wow! And I'm eating potatoes, weird.
AuroraLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #1424
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde check the honey badger thread I posted an article about potatos
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Good Morning Everyone!!

Seabreezes, the pasta sauce sounds divine! I've always liked chicken in tomatoes. and...Well anything with bacon! I'll bet it was so good with potatoes. I like to cook green beans with bacon.....mmm...mm. And yes, the squash was so good, I went yesterday and got some more! Squash tonight!

Laura~ I'm really afraid of the flu. It's miraculous that you took care of your son, and didn't get sick! You must have a great immune system! I would hope that wine gives me the same properties. My hubby could never eat low carb. How did you get yours to do it?

Amber~ heading over there to see what you posted!

I woke up starving this morning and I've already had breakfast! I came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed. My my muscles and joints from my waist down were hollering and moaning. It was very strange. I took ibuprohen and fell asleep for a while, got up and made DH dinner (eggs, potatoes and toast) then back to bed. I feel better today, it was a weird feeling to have everything hurting like that. I was afraid I was getting sick but appaerntly I'm okay now.

Danielle~do you have these issues when you eat night shades? I've been eating a lot of potatoes.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #1426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In answer to my own question, apparently the foods I love the most are all in the nightshade family: tomatoes, peppers, white potatoes. There is no clear evidence or study (so I've read) to determine if nightshades exacerbate arthritis/joint pain, and one can do an elimination diet to see if it helps but there may be a placebo effect ie you think it will help so it does. IDK. No potatoes for me today anyway. I'll decide tomorrow if I wish to continue the potato DD or just do WW.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Getting ready for work, and so achy. My lower back, my hips feel like they're moving around in the joints on ground glass. I did take ibuprophen again and I'll take some to work with me. Rain is coming in the next day or two but I've never had that kind of weather predictor... at least not until now. I just need to make it through the lunch rush and I can come home and relax.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #1428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
Sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I hope your day goes by fast at work and you can recoperate at home very soon.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #1429
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so cruddy! Yanno...I've complained about having to eliminate tomatoes and peppers because of the aches in my joints, mainly my feet/toes.. potatoes didnt seem to bother me ever.. Well, I just remembered, I ate those potatoes at lunchtime day before yesterday... that night my feet were aching so badly I had to ask DH to rub them or I wasn't going to sleep... So I'm betting it's the potatoes that I'm eating just by themselves? Dangit! So I dunno if I'll be doing potato DD's either..

Hoping today goes quickly at work for you so you can rest. I sure commisserate with you, friend!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #1430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Maggie and Danielle. I'm sorry to be such a whiner, I need to log these things in order to track how I feel etc. Yesterday I was so achy I thought I was getting the flu, but his morning I have no other symptoms...just achy.

Taking off in a few minutes, I'll check back later...
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ohhhh, sorry to hear about the nightshade problem! I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished my shift, I'm tired but not feeling like I need to go straight to bed like yesterday. I do want to get in my cozy clothes and veg though....maybe I'm just lazy.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #1433
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Just finished my shift, I'm tired but not feeling like I need to go straight to bed like yesterday. I do want to get in my cozy clothes and veg though....maybe I'm just lazy.
Ha! Cute. But ummm, no. Lazy is the last thing I'd call you! I truly believe it's the potatoes. and that royally sucks rocks.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh honey I hope not! I really like potatoes.

I just posted in your journal...we crossed each other at the cyber-crossing. Funny!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #1435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Thursday! Woke up really hungry today! I had:

Gluten Free Toast w/ 2% cheese slice and 2 oz of deli turkey. Hit the spot! I think I'm going to wait on doing potatoes today and see how I feel. I'm better today and the whole potato "issue' may have just been coincidence. I'll give it another day or two then try again. If I have joint pain again afterwords, I'll know. Dh didn't feel well this morning and I tried to convince him to stay home but he's stubborn and pig-headed sometimes, (like me?)

Rain is forecast over the next few days...good news here in SoCal, and slightly warmer because of the cloud coverage. Bad news? (Yawn) , I want to go back to bed.

Just sayin', tomorrow is weigh in day......
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #1436
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm waiting to do potatoes again too when I get over the soreness from my shenanigans Tues. I really hope I can pull it off, I love potatoes!!

Raining here this morning. Love it! I have my windows open right now, love the smell of rain.

Doesn't surprise me DH didn't stay home. He's a man, remember? Mine wasn't feeling well either a few days ago and he refused to stay home.. OYE!

Have a wonderful day, mama!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #1437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd love a little thermal cloud cover over here! 23 degrees right now!

Hope you're having a great day, Blonde!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #1438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was so hungry yesterday and I ate way too much salt, got into the wine and gave myself a 1lb gain this morning.....and the whole time I was saying to me "you have to weigh in tomorrow'!!!! Live and learn.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #1439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh, sorry Blonde. Get on with the water, and today is a new day!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #1440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Christine yes it is a new day! Wine is a big food trigger for me apparently, it definitely takes the 'what are you doing?' equation right out of the picture. No recriminations, just a new week. I honestly believe I would have shown a loss, however small, had I not gone overboard. I'll stay within my points, keep learning how to navigate, and next week will show the loss I wanted. Learning how to eat in the real world is harder than I thought, but it's a good thing to learn. This is something I've never done before. At least not for very long....