Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #1381
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG you mentioned cocoa roasted almonds, I have a real problem with nuts, I cannot control myself, and trail mixes anything crunchy sweet I am in love!!! Chips are hard to give up I found some new crackers at wal mart pretty much taste like cardboard, but worth a shot, actually found 3 there to try!
Let me get them so I can fill all us crunchers in! I hate pork rinds, I am all about salty and crunchy but they just gag me!

Whole grain 34 degree crispbreads, 9 crackers, they are paper thin, 35 calories, 0 fat, 7 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein, good vehicle for hummus which I also can overeat if I dont measure it out, left alone with a tub of hummus is bad news!!!Contain wheat flour.

Kitchen Table Bakers- aged parmesan crips, totally cheese- 3 crisps, 80 calories, 6 fat, less than 1 carb, 7 protein, sort of taste like I would imagine a sweaty gym sock tasting if you sucked on it, LOL But they are the lowest of carbs!! I wish I liked these more, and they are sort of expensive! No wheat flour

Doctor Kracker=Pumpkin seed cheddar crispbreads= 1 piece, sort of poptart sized, 100 calories, 4 fat, 11 carbs, 4 fiber, 5 protein, my favorite of the bunch but tend to want more they contain wheat flour.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #1382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I've had those cheese chips before! They are pricey, but good when you need something crunchy (DH was not thrilled).

What about those things at the grocery store: Flat discs that are called......what? I don't know. Something about pop corn but they're really not pop corn.....darn it. I can't remember what it is. The package says they're low in everything. I'll have to look the next time I'm there and report back!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
First off~ Sunday, Dani, Maggie thank you so much for the encouragement, it is MUCH appreciated.

I'm not going to blow by blow my transgressions everyday, in fact I don't like that about myself. I don't like the sound of my own whining after the fact....

Needless to say I didn't stay within points again. This is not whining now, just statement: This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I know I've barely gotten started and I've given myself NO TIME to adjust. I realize I have to give it a chance, don't I? It's way too early to thrown in the towel. Man I hate being wrong. I'm not sure what it is I'm saying right now. I keep thinking about finding my dietary sweet spot and wondering if I'll ever find it.....

It is a new day and I still have activity points so I'm not completely down for the count. I really have to find a way to make this work for me. I will find a way to make this work for me....whatever I do, I will not give up on myself, this is MY year to shine.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Oh Blonde you WILL find what works for you, I have confidence that you will. No, this journey for some is not an easy one, I should know. I am a foodie and that is to be sure and I live with the daily struggle on staying on track and losing this weight that so easily besets me. There will be victories as well as time we lose in this battle of becoming healthier but today is not the day for you to lose, today is the day for you to win. It is another day to go forth and face the challenge and work on staying the course. I am talking to myself here, as you can tell. IF you falter you know to just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start all over again. I believe in you!

BTW: You SHINE all the time, not just this year!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #1385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you maggie!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #1386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I gotta get going to work.

B: 2 medium microwaved golden potatoes.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #1387

Christine those coco pop things? They are like the size of a small frisbee? They have 4 carbs but I think they are styrofoam!!!!! LOL I try to like them but I just don't I have 3 bags now stale for sure!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #1388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hi Blonde,

I know exactly where you are, because I am there and have been for the last year. I relate to you, because I see that we are close in age and I discovered that I have to get serious w/ what I allow in my life. Not that I don't want to eat my fav things any more, but I have to be conscience of my health.

Fasting intermittently is one part of the puzzle, but I have to be cognizant of the whole picture. Potatoes have always been one of my comfort foods, little did I know that the tater would come back to meet me when I needed it the most.

Perfect Health Diet
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #1389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OMG you mentioned cocoa roasted almonds, I have a real problem with nuts, I cannot control myself, and trail mixes anything crunchy sweet I am in love!!! Chips are hard to give up I found some new crackers at wal mart pretty much taste like cardboard, but worth a shot, actually found 3 there to try!
Let me get them so I can fill all us crunchers in! I hate pork rinds, I am all about salty and crunchy but they just gag me!

Amber & Christine! Hiya! I don't know how I missed this post! It wasn't there before! I can't control myself either, ergo the 100 calorie packs!

Whole grain 34 degree crispbreads, 9 crackers, they are paper thin, 35 calories, 0 fat, 7 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein, good vehicle for hummus which I also can overeat if I dont measure it out, left alone with a tub of hummus is bad news!!!Contain wheat flour.

No wheat/no bueno, but two thumbs up for hummus! Love it!

Kitchen Table Bakers- aged parmesan crips, totally cheese- 3 crisps, 80 calories, 6 fat, less than 1 carb, 7 protein, sort of taste like I would imagine a sweaty gym sock tasting if you sucked on it, LOL But they are the lowest of carbs!! I wish I liked these more, and they are sort of expensive! No wheat flour,

Hmmm....wheat flour or sweaty gym socks...decisions decisions...

Doctor Kracker=Pumpkin seed cheddar crispbreads= 1 piece, sort of poptart sized, 100 calories, 4 fat, 11 carbs, 4 fiber, 5 protein, my favorite of the bunch but tend to want more they contain wheat flour.
Mmmmm....pop tarts.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
I've had those cheese chips before! They are pricey, but good when you need something crunchy (DH was not thrilled).

What about those things at the grocery store: Flat discs that are called......what? I don't know. Something about pop corn but they're really not pop corn.....darn it. I can't remember what it is. The package says they're low in everything. I'll have to look the next time I'm there and report back!
This one just cracked me up!

Sunday~ there is a kismet there, I agree with you, as much as I love what I love I've reached an age where I know that I have to say goodbye to some foods, like wheat, that I love to the point of addiction and find a way that I can live with eating or not eating as the case may be. I need to get at least SOME of this extra weight off of me but I have to be able to do it in a way that will not rebound once I've completed the task. I continually search for "the way". Something healthy, that works, that I can sustain, but doesn't take weight off 4 ounces a week. I really loved doing JUDDD but my UD's were often up up and away days. I think that's why it took so long to lose the second 20lbs. I've been thinking about combining WW with JUDDD. Upping my points on up days but still being reasonable about my calories.

I am of course my own mad scientist and the subject of my mad experiments

Yesterday I had approx. 500 calories of golden potatoes throughout the day. I'm calling it a down day and it wasn't very hard to do. I was satisfied and didn't feel like cheating or like I was too hungry. Today I will count my points on WW's allowing myself a few extra points. Tomorrow~potatoes. We'll see what happens.......on the Friday weigh in.

One thing to note, last night I was freezing in my bed, a lot.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 01-16-2013 at 06:14 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #1390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I remember that someone is doing this very thing! Combining WW & Juddd. I wish I could remember who it was.

I totally agree 4 oz is the size of one meal's protein. So that is not acceptable!

I want so much to eat like I have for most of my life. I realize that nutrition is important, but I want to enjoy food. So, I am slowly learning to love the good stuff that I always thought was the blah stuff. I may never, ever, love some foods though. And that is okay.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #1391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having a 2 point smoothie that's pretty tasty:

1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
2 tbls Greek yogurt
1 tbls "green and things" powder
2 tbls Flax meal
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of powdered pure stevia
handful of ice cubes

Blend until smooth and sip it. YUM! This should be really tasty when it's warm outside but a little chilly for this morning. Brrrr.......

I want to say that I feel very positive this morning. In part because I came in UNDER points yesterday with my potato DD and the fact that I'm not starving today and could 'make do' with a smoothie for breakfast. Trying to do WW and going over points all the time makes me feel bad about myself. Today I feel like I did the right thing for me. I'll count my points and borrow from my activity points if I need to but I'll feel okay about it knowing that I'll do another potato day tomorrow. I believe it's very important to track my calories and learn the behavior modification that WW teaches. I like the control that having DD's gives me.

I also feel really good about working everyday and picking up an extra shift!! Exercise and $$.....
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #1392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds very good and nutritious. Thanks for the idea!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Christine those coco pop things? They are like the size of a small frisbee? They have 4 carbs but I think they are styrofoam!!!!! LOL I try to like them but I just don't I have 3 bags now stale for sure!
YES, that's them! They look like small frisbee! I never had the guts to try them.....I figured they'd be just as you describe! Too bad.

Loving your positivity, Blonde!!!! You are my idol, and I know you are going to have great success with this combo.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #1394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Loving your positivity, Blonde!!!! You are my idol, and I know you are going to have great success with this combo.

'I know you are, but what am I? INfinity' ~ PeeWee Herman

You are MY idol!

Thanks Christine! I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down...but I'm never OUT.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #1395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
'I know you are, but what am I? INfinity' ~ PeeWee Herman

You are MY idol!

Thanks Christine! I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down...but I'm never OUT.
I just watched this on HBO this morning... too funny!

Proud of you for working your plan to your best of your abilities..You rock girlfriend! All we can do is try every day and make the best of things.. You are succeeding in every way, IMO. Think about various past attempts at working a plan...how many times did you just give up and quit. And look at you go now.

No idea about the pop corn, cocoa pop, small frisbee thingies...I am totaly confuzzled on that one ... I'm sittin here thinkin..pop chips? No... chip'ins?! No..... rice cakes?! No..... rice chips?!...No.... quaker popped rice snacks?!.....No................. YEAH, I got nuthin....

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #1396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
[ I've been thinking about combining WW with JUDDD. Upping my points on up days but still being reasonable about my calories.

I've often thought of combining JUDD and WW too. I wondered if you took your total WW points for the week and then divided them up JUDD style with UD and DD, how that would work.

Not having a good week myself. Was "no wheat" for one week and then slipped this past weekend and having a heck of a time getting back with the program. Guess tomorrow is a new day.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #1397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I just watched this on HBO this morning... too funny!

Proud of you for working your plan to your best of your abilities..You rock girlfriend! All we can do is try every day and make the best of things.. You are succeeding in every way, IMO. Think about various past attempts at working a plan...how many times did you just give up and quit. And look at you go now.
Yeppers D~ I cannot give up! This is going to be our year to succeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
I've often thought of combining JUDD and WW too. I wondered if you took your total WW points for the week and then divided them up JUDD style with UD and DD, how that would work.

Not having a good week myself. Was "no wheat" for one week and then slipped this past weekend and having a heck of a time getting back with the program. Guess tomorrow is a new day.
You know I tried and fell off the 'no wheat wagon' a couple of times before it stuck. My main reason for quitting wheat? I'm convinced it's a huge trigger food for me and I'm sure it was. Try again, you can do it. It took me about 5 or 6 weeks to really be OVER it. Thanks goodness for new days.

Great idea about dividing total WW points! I didn't think of that! I definitely went over points yesterday but it wasn't horrible and not as bad as I could do on a normal day...

Okay, today is Potato Thursday. Part of my experiment to get back to JUDDD and still learn about portion control and behavior modification. Today I'll eat 500 calories or less of my morning coffee with SF creamer and..well...potatoes. It's also my pick-up day at work, I don't normally go in on Thursday. This is part of my resolution to work more...and consequently sit less and have more $$ in my pocket.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #1398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday! Speaking of foods I could never learn to love? Cooking and eating BONE broth. NOT gonna happen.....I just spent almost an hour reading your PHD thread. Wow. Lots and lots of good info!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #1399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with your potatoes!!! I hear you on the bone broth. I made it and I nearly vomited.

Hope your day at work went well$$$$!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #1400
Blabbermouth!!!

Yummy potatoes! Lots of people are having great DD's using this. Hope you get good results!

Here's to sitting less and making more $$!
I'm finding it a tad hard to get motivated after essentially "sitting" for nearly 3 yrs for school ...I find right now I am lost and to be honest, utterly loving peace & quiet to do what *I* wanna do for a few hours a day.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #1401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, enjoy your "me" time. You've earned it. As for moving around, that's the biggest plus of my job. I don't know if I could motivate to get out every day and walk. Do you have any place nearby (within 10 minutes) that would be a good place to walk? And yeah, the potatoes were really easy to take on Tuesday and I'm about to have one right now, then another for dinner. I put Cholula sauce on them...spicy. If eating potatoes can get me back to JUDDD that would be so awesome. IDK if I'm ready to go three or four days in a row like some are doing.

Christine, the money could be better but it's certainly better than nothing. Re: bone broth....really, that bad? Did you roast them first of just boil? I'm sorry but yee gawds it sounds heinous....I'd rather eat liver, and I hate liver.....

Well my left ear sorta 'closed up' at work and now everything sounds like it's in a tunnel. I came home and took a sudaphed, hopefully it'll open back up. I truly hope it does because it's making me feel nauseous and kinda dizzy. Doesn't hurt, thank goodness. I put on my jammies and slippers and I'm headed for the couch with a blanket...'cause I can.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #1402

Bone broth is delish! I roast the bones in the oven with veggies, then crockpot for a day with a little ACV, and that is all I use, I seal it up in mason jars it and it keeps forever in the fridge, I use it to make everything, the family even loves it. I am big on the broth!!!!!

So today you are eating 500 calories worth of potatos? That is the Irish famine diet, LOL!!!

I would die on 500 calories, people would not be safe near me!! I swear I dont know how you girls do it!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #1403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Amber! Actually~ I did less than 500 yesterday. I had my coffee w/SF creamer two medium/small potatoes for breakfast and one for dinner (cold). I ate it like an apple with salt and pepper. The potatoes are oddly filling and I have been working a lot this week so too busy to think about food (which is a really good thing). The payoff?

I'm down 2.2 this week after three weeks of 217.8, and one week of 217.2. I stepped on this morning and I'm 215.2. The only thing I did differently was have two potato DD's this week and followed WW on the other days at a bit over daily points. Whatever the reason I'll take it. It could be WW or the DD's but really, it was time to see some sort of change!

A word or two about the potatoes. I had a couple of moments yesterday when I felt extremely hungry (growly stomach, touch of nausea) but they were only moments and when they passed I wasn't hungry again for a long time. I planned to eat two potatoes for dinner but with my ear acting wonky I sort of lost my appetite. By the time I did eat, I told myself I'd eat one and if I wanted the other, I could have it. One was enough.

I love being my own guinea pig but I sometimes question the sanity of the scientist.....
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saw you post over on the Benefits thread and came straight here!!! YIPPEE!!! Something to this tater thing. I have been having a bit of tater every down day w/ my bone broth heated up and poured on top like gravy. Delish, I tell ya!!!

And I agree with Amber! So many wonderful health benefits!

Google and see what all of the hype is. I always thought the Paleo peeps were strange, until I became strange.

Quote:
The bone “broth” or “stock” is rich in numerous vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (especially calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, which are essential for bone health). Most importantly, bone broth is also particularly rich in two very special amino acids: proline and glycine.

Glycine and proline are two key components of connective tissue, the biological “glue” that holds our bodies together. There are many types of connective tissue and these two amino acids feature prominently in most of them, from the cartilage that forms our joints to the extracellular matrix that acts as a scaffold for the cells in our individual organs, muscles, arteries etc. Without these two amino acids, we would literally fall apart. So, it is no surprise that we need these two amino acids to heal, not only gaping wounds, but also the microscopic damage done to blood vessels and other tissues in our body caused by inflammation and infection.

Last edited by sunday; 01-18-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #1405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Sunday!! Thanks. I'm so happy to be able to DD with potatoes. It's relatively easy, filling and satisfying. I enjoyed my cold one last night. I think I'll make them the night before and eat them cold. I'm sure bone broth has lots of good properties, I just don't see myself making it or eating it. Besides, my three dogs would probably be all over me if I tried.

Yeah those MDA peeps can be a little strange. You and I though, we are right as rain...

Thank you so much for posting about PHD. It took me down the road I'm on right now.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #1406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Yeah those MDA peeps can be a little strange. You and I though, we are right as rain...

Thank you so much for posting about PHD. It took me down the road I'm on right now.
Right as rain!!! LOL!!! I agree!

Once I started adding just a few changes from PHD, just a few. Now I know I will never be a fanatic and strictly eat the healthy way. I am too old to change some habits.
But, just eliminating grains/wheat, adding fermented veggies/cultured yogurt, and eating good whole veggies, with much smaller portion of protein has made me satisfied. I don't obsess over anything.

Jaminets added chocolate & wine for a reason.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #1407
Blabbermouth!!!

on your loss this week! That is absolutely fantastic! It looks like you've found something right now that's going to move you along.

I get moments on DD's like you had yesterday..they're very fleeting thank goodness! I'm still mesmerized by going to bed on a DD feeling "empty and light" but never hungry and waking the next day NOT hungry. I love it though!

Anywho, keep on truckin mama you're on your way
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
on the 2.2 loss!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
on your loss this week! That is absolutely fantastic! It looks like you've found something right now that's going to move you along.

I get moments on DD's like you had yesterday..they're very fleeting thank goodness! I'm still mesmerized by going to bed on a DD feeling "empty and light" but never hungry and waking the next day NOT hungry. I love it though!

Anywho, keep on truckin mama you're on your way
So far so good! I can't remember the last time I did two DD's in a week. It was so hard before! I think I would have lost weight anyway, maybe not as much but I do feel like I can use this pattern for awhile. And I do love that empty feeling, like you're starting fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
on the 2.2 loss!
Thanks Maggie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Right as rain!!! LOL!!! I agree!

Once I started adding just a few changes from PHD, just a few. Now I know I will never be a fanatic and strictly eat the healthy way. I am too old to change some habits.
But, just eliminating grains/wheat, adding fermented veggies/cultured yogurt, and eating good whole veggies, with much smaller portion of protein has made me satisfied. I don't obsess over anything.

Jaminets added chocolate & wine for a reason.
I do love my pinot noir! It's nice not to obsess, I really hate that feeling. There are some things I don't want to change either, I like to pick and choose my battles. I'm glad I gave up wheat, some other things... not so ready to let go.

Had a great afternoon out with my BFF, lunch and junk shopping. Yessssss!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #1410

Sunday- do you drink Kefir? I was making that for some time I should get back to it! It is sort of nasty but I make it with raw milk, and I do think its good for you!

Blonde- Congrats on the DD!!!! You are rocking it!

My son went to Olive Garden yesterday with my MOM, brat!!!! I swear I could never work there, how do you do it?