Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #1351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Brazil nuts are good to. I take crystal light powder and mix it in plain. Unsweetened greek yogurt also sf jello pudding powder
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #1352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Glad you slept well! Do you think it was the satiation that came with the macadamia nuts that influenced that? I guess it could have been the sedating effect of the pinot, too!

So glad to see the "sugar as drug" conversation coming out into the open!! It's so true. The brain reacts to sugar just like it reacts to COCAINE!

And meanwhile, we're pouring HFC into any product we can, pushing low-fat, and throwing sports drinks (that contain petroleum products! ) at kids. What. The. Heck.

Hope you have a great day!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #1353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Yes Christine! It was the 'pinot/macadamia combo for sleep" that did it. Re" sugar, this is something that so many of us "felt" on a subliminal level was causing overeating and addiction. It's everywhere and it's legal and available to anyone with the coin to plunk down. Next step: education.

Last night I followed Amber's advice (thanks Amber!!) and had cottage cheese when I got hungry before bed and I slept well again! It could also be that I've been running my butt off at work...

This WW thing is certainly a challenge and who doesn't love a good challenge? I now have quite a few "activity" points to buff up my "weekly" points which are fast dwindling down but at least I'm not starving anymore. I'm behind the learning curve but catching up fast. Friday weigh in will let me know if I've made any progress at all.

Be back later......
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #1354
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like you're catching on quick to the WW thing, so proud of you!

Education against sugar will never happen until someone is willing to spend the big bucks to go against the giants in the business..and there are many. The best we can hope for is that parents will take it upon themselves to educate themselves & then their kids and make changes accordingly.. it is also impossible to change the minds of people who do not have issues with weight,sugar, or it's effects... hard to argue against people who have seen success with weightloss eating low fat and low calories using sugar-laden products to do it.. I went up against this in class last semester and man, tough crowd. I was 1 of about 25...all of them future dieticians and fitness trainers...
But I digress.......................

Keep up the great work, lady. You are doing FAB!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 AM   #1355

I sm glad the cottage cheese helped it is full of slow digesting protein so it should make you feel full longer!!!!

Sounds like things are going well!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #1356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good for you, Blonde! So glad to hear things are going well!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #1357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sounds like you're catching on quick to the WW thing, so proud of you!

Education against sugar will never happen until someone is willing to spend the big bucks to go against the giants in the business..and there are many. The best we can hope for is that parents will take it upon themselves to educate themselves & then their kids and make changes accordingly.. it is also impossible to change the minds of people who do not have issues with weight,sugar, or it's effects... hard to argue against people who have seen success with weightloss eating low fat and low calories using sugar-laden products to do it.. I went up against this in class last semester and man, tough crowd. I was 1 of about 25...all of them future dieticians and fitness trainers...
But I digress.......................

Keep up the great work, lady. You are doing FAB!
Isn't that the truth? Weight loss success eating low cal and low fat happens. Just not to me (yet). I think all things considered, excess sugar has no place in any healthy diet. Whatever woe I'm doing, sugar has no part in it. You were pretty brave to represent low carb in your healthy eating class!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I sm glad the cottage cheese helped it is full of slow digesting protein so it should make you feel full longer!!!!

Sounds like things are going well!
Yes, the cottage cheese helped and things are going better. I'm finding my way slowly through this maze of points. WW has changed a lot since the 80's (my first trip to points-ville) and my problem then was I couldn't consistently make the meetings and I didn't want to have to pay for the meeting I missed and the meeting I attended. Doing it online is so much easier, but I realize I DO have to do it or I'm wasting my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Good for you, Blonde! So glad to hear things are going well!
Thank you Christine!

Last night was rough but not food-wise. DH had the band guys over and DD34 was taking some promotional pics with her very nice Nikon. The problem was DH and his trying to CONTROL everything (lighting, seating and the photographer) from his perch in front of the camera. I seriously wanted to strangle him. This "photo shoot" went on until 10:30. When everyone left I went straight to bed without saying good night or screw you (which is what I wanted to say). I was so exhausted I went immediately to sleep.

Cold and drizzle-y today. DD34 came this morning to drop off the teeny tiny chihuahua and came back two minutes later to say her battery was dead. She took my car to drop the grand girls off at school, then I drove her to the store where she purchased drinks for her office luncheon, then I drove her to work, then I'm back here and seriously considering going back to bed. Or at the very least having a third cup of coffee.

Yesterday I went to SPROUTS to see if I could widen my variety a little. I found some gluten free bread that has 7 total carbs per slice (5 net). This will (I think) help with satiety somewhat and definitely some variety. If I'm in this for the long haul, I have to be able to sustain it.

Breakfast: eggbeaters omelet w/cheese slice, gluten free toast.
Lunch: Salmon salad and veggie plate
D: IDK yet. Home made Chicken veggie soup?

Hope everyone's having a great Thursday, or at least and interesting one.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #1358

I need to try the Julian paleo bread all there other bread was good so I imagine that will be tasty!!!! Sounds like a trying night but it is behind you, enjoy your weekend!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #1359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, try the Paleo bread at your own risk. While I loved their one carb bread their paleo bread is on the same level as cardboard. Well maybe cardboard tastes a little bit better!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #1360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today, I am 58. Wait. 57? Wait 58. How the hell old am I??

If I was born on this day in 1956, will someone please tell me how old I am? I say I'm 58 but DH says I'm 57. If I am 57 that would be truly fabulous because I've been thinking I'm going to be 58 for a while now. The true sign of getting old is not remembering how freakin' old you are......so really, how old am I?

The scale budged 4 ounces. 4 ounces in four weeks. That has to be a record. It only budged after I put in a new 9volt, otherwise I would still be 217.8 instead of 217.4. I know I said I would accept no change this week because I switched WOE's to WW but really? 4 ounces? The Queen of slow losers.

It is c-c-c-cold in SoCal today! This morning it's around 34 degrees but the HIGH today is expected to be 45 degrees! WOW. I get to wear a sweater and a jacket. Too bad, I was really hoping to show off my 4 ounce loss!

I plod forward in my quest to lose more weight. If I keep this up it will take another three weeks to add up to a pound.

Sheesh.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #1361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post

Today, I am 58. Wait. 57? Wait 58. How the hell old am I??

If I was born on this day in 1956, will someone please tell me how old I am? I say I'm 58 but DH says I'm 57. If I am 57 that would be truly fabulous because I've been thinking I'm going to be 58 for a while now. The true sign of getting old is not remembering how freakin' old you are......so really, how old am I?.
Good News.....you're 57!

Decided to crash your journal since seeing we're both doing the "no wheat/WW" thing from the HB site....hope you don't mind. Lurked on your journal often when I was attempting JUDD all those times.

So difficult to put forth the effort and not see the results we're hoping for but then our scales don't measure effort, only those ever fluctuating pounds and ounces that so easily change from day to day. I love your siggy.... If at first you don't succeed, don't give up You know that scale will cooperate one of these days soon. Meanwhile...have a great day and enjoy getting "younger"!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #1362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sherrie!! You made my day! I'm 57, again! WooHoo!!

I don't mind you visiting at all! This woe is so new but I really want to give it a fair shake. Wheat free is the best thing I did for myself last year (and quitting cigs). I was trying to go grain free completely but right now it's just too hard. I welcome your ideas and experiences! It's good to have friends on the same page. Thanks for setting me straight on my age. YIPPEE!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #1363
Blabbermouth!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HOORAY to being a year younger than you thought! DH does this too, he can never remember how old he is..

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your loss today MAN can I RELATE!!!! Stick it out though, I am convinced that there is big things for you around the corner. Also..... the scale thing....ya know what I'm gonna say... .......new scale.....

It's cold here too..who'd a thunk it! It was near 70 here a couple days ago... cracks me up to see everyone all bundled up in giant coats and turtle necks... People, please!!!! Can you imagine what they're all wearing now that we've cracked below 50!!!

Hope your fam has something wonderful planned for your birthday weekend!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle and Thank you!

Yes for sure, I'm not giving up on WW just yet. I know from doing JUDDD that calories DO count and when I was juddd'ing I never counted carbs. But the scale! OMG, I thought of you this morning when I got on and it said 217.8. I almost started laughing but I needed to do my weigh in so it wasn't that funny. Yep. I think I need a new one....

I really cannot believe I thought I was 57 all last year...somewhere along the way I started telling people "I'll be 57 next year" and by the end of the year I was going to be 58. Best PRESENT ever!

I love the cold. The only thing I don't like is having to throw on a bunch of clothes at 5 am to keep from freezing while I make DH coffee. Today I'm going out to lunch in my bearpaws (Uggs), jeans, black turtle neck and a jean jacket with a leopard print long scarf. Tres chic. Tonight the fam is coming over for a little b-day party and I shall have my Pinot Noir.

Btw, this morning DH got up and made a fire and coffee for me. Gotta love that.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Happy Birthday Blonde!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #1366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Maggie! Thank you! How are you??? You've been missed girly.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #1367

Happy Birthday!!!! I know what you mean all of a sudden the years roll together!!! LOL Plus I tell people I am 62 then they say wow you look really good, LOL I always think tell people you are like way older then they are impressed!!!!

Hope you have a glorious B-day!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #1368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Maggie! Thank you! How are you??? You've been missed girly.
Doing alright, back on track and taking it slow and steady. You are a January baby like myself and I will be turning 51 and the end of the month. I am very aware of my age because menapause won't let me forget it. Actually I have brain-apause these days and forget things easily so maybe I won't be turning 51 maybe 21, geesh I wished!

to you again and enjoy your day!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #1369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber~ Birthday celebration was GOOD. I loved the pics you posted on the Honeybadgers thread. You are gorgeous!

Maggie, slow and steady wins the race! It really is great to hear from you!

Last night was fun. It was Mexican Fiesta. I made ground turkey taco meat. I put in and onion a a couple of lovely red and yellow bell peppers, cumin and chili powder. Of course there were the obligatory tortilla chips. DD's brought guacamole, pico de gallo, red and green sauce, sour cream and shredded lettuce...refried beans and a cheesecake. I had a piece, it was okay, not ******ic or anything. There was wine and beer and good friends. The grandgirls conked out early, one of them in my lap. I was in bed by midnight, everything cleaned up and put away, slept until 9:30 this morning.

After I had my coffee I was kinda hungry (but not really) so I made a green smoothie with almond milk, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, 1 tbs flax meal, two scoops of green powder (dried greens of all kinds) and a touch of stevia. Into the blender with a few ice cubes and "instant breakfast". Actually pretty tasty.

Today is clear and cold. Not sure what the plan is yet.....
Old 01-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #1370

Sounds like you had a good B-day celebration!!!! Nothing worse than wanting to eat a good dessert and it is marginal! ughghg!!!

Have a good Sunday!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #1371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, see, this is why I don't try to eat like NORMAL person

When I stick to low carb certain foods are persona non grata..gratin...? Anyway, when I stick to low carb the propensity to eat corn tortilla chips is non-exisitant. Why? Because it's not on the menu. Ever. So last night, on my WW plan, I ate 18 points worth of Lundberg Bean & rice chips. Why? Because I could. 18 points that I didn't have and now I'm drawing from activity points that I'm going to have to make.

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm not guilt ridden about this, I just feel stupid. I know better, and it wasn't mindless eating, I enjoyed every crunchy salty little tidbit. I was watching television, I was tired. I'd already HAD the giant plate of veggies, earlier in the day. See, up to that point(aha points again) I had done beautifully, all day. Just the right amount of everything. Then the chip disaster.

Am I like the standard POODLE? Smart enough to be a seeing eye dog but will do something dumb 1 out of every 10 times to get the poor blind person in trouble. Unreliable one in ten times? Can I be counted on to screw up?

Luckily, today is a new day. A new full division of POINTS to be counted. Woo. Hoo. Perhaps if I stay my course, be true to the plan, exercise like mad, I can lose another 4 OUNCES by Friday. Yep. I'm a rockstar.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You ARE a rockstar for having so much insight about yourself and implementing a new plan for a new day. Thank God for new days!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank God for new days!

This is true.

Thanks Mags I think I needed that.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today I embraced WW for what it is. Learning to eat and make good choices in the real world without feeling deprived or depraved as the case may be.

This morning I skipped breakfast because I wasn't hungry...probably still going on three days worth of tortilla chips points from last night.

We went out for lunch. DH wanted rolled tacos. I opted for carnitas tacos non-fried, hold the guacamole. Add hot carrots. Filling tasty and no guilt. We were out all afternoon running around and doing things. We just walked in the door and I was starving. Had a cup of cottage cheese and a banana. I haven't had a banana in, IDK, years? It was good. Dinner in an hour or so, not sure what to make but I'm doing really well point-wise and that makes me happy.

I picked up an extra shift this week, part of my resolution to work more. I may be crying in my soup by Thursday but by golly I'm giving it a go.

I have 12 points left over for dinner. If I come in at points it will be the first time since Thursday last week. Crossin' my fingers...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #1375

I could never do WW, I would be eating 30 points worth of junk, so you caved no biggie you jump back on it, we all have our moments of weakness, like the other night I didn't even realize I was slugging beer, LOL I am not even a beer lover but it was cold and sitting there and we were blabbing and it snuck in there, but its learning to control yourself 90% of the time. You are trying this and seeing if you can make it work, if after a month you don't like it, or you have not been losing you can reevaluate! One thing I like about LC is the options are sort of limited, limitation is better for me, I can look at a food and say nope that is a carb bomb, WW you can eat anything! That is always what got me in trouble. I had Tony grill a bunch of meat, so I am ready for the week ahead! Meat and salad and hard boiled eggs so I have no excuse to be eating crap!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber I've tried WW in the past and have not been able to control my points and to be honest about it, I never gave it much of a chance. Having done JUDDD which is all about calories, and been successful at it I figured it was worth one more shot. I do want to give it a real try but like you said, if after a month I see no results or even a gain, I'll need to re-eval the whole thing. One thing for sure, there aren't enough points in the day to do low carb WW. Trying that out, I was starving all the time.

Yesterday's points came in at one under. Work for the next 4 days. That should give me some good activity points!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #1377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I too tried WW but alas it gave me too much room to eat what I wanted (actually when I am undisciplined ANY plan could make me do this)not what my body responded well to or needed. I am so happy that soo many find it works for them, we are ALL different and have our own challenges. Like Amber said if it is not working for you, you can always change the way you eat.

Have a wonderful Monday Blonde!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Maggie! Yeah, this is not my first rodeo with WW. I'm going to give the old college try!

Today's menu

B: Gluten free toast, eggbeaters, 1 cheese slice, salsa
L: Veggie Plate (carrots, mushrooms, snap peas, olives) & cottage cheese
D: Turkey tacos with cheese, salsa, cabbage & VEGGIES
Planned snacks: yogurt & fruit, 100 calorie pack of cocoa roasted almonds

One point left over. If I don't eat one of the snacks, I'll have a glass of wine with my dinner.

I'm gearing up for a good week and I'll count everything I eat even if it's over the points. No, especially if it's over points. Lots of 'work exercise' to come, lots of tips to be made and a bigger paycheck to boot! Who could ask for more?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #1379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
You are doing great Blonde!!!

The Lundberg Brown Rice chips are my absolute fav when I want my salsa! I understand about going over the limit, because I have to count them out or I could go to town on the lovely treat. I never could eat pork skins, although, believe me I tried.

Have you found a GF free bread that you love? Just checking!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1380
Blabbermouth!!!

Proud of you for hanging in there. I know parts of this is so frustrating when all you want is the dang scale to go down. Boy can I relate! Committing 1000% to Atkins last May for 5 months by the book was so trying and tested every ounce of patience I had. In the long run I'm glad I stuck it out for as long as I did, despite changing plans in the end. I learned alot along the way and now looking back I can say I did that whole-heartedly and it just didn't work. No more coulda, woulda, shoulda.

You got a great plan today, work it girly!

And B-T-DUBS....You ARE a rockstar!