Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #1291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Happy Monday, weigh in day. I'm actually up .2lbs. That's point two, so no big deal since over-all I'm down 3lbs from 218.4. Have mercy.

My appetite is still well under control. I know I didn't get in enough calories yesterday. My main concern is I don't want to make my calorie "set point" too low and I don't want to lose lean body mass (LBM). I changed over to a new way of tracking called daily plate since the other one was jammed with ads and slower than molasses. Fit day wouldn't let me track anything yesterday! Very frustrating. For the last few days I haven't had butter or co in my coffee. That's probably why the calories are lower. I have been having HWC, though.

My keto stix show NO ketones at all. That is so weird. I have all the symptoms of being in ketosis but no proof, except loss of appetite and lots of energy. Even if I didn't lose this week I feel so much better. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the NOT eating wheat has enabled me to concentrate on this new WOE. I was so addicted that the very idea of doing without it sent me into a depression. At this point I can go completely paleo, never eat grains again and be okay with that. I truly don't miss them. In the past I have never stayed away from wheat as long as I have now. It took a long time to adjust. Weeks and weeks.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast
Salmon and salad for lunch
Dinner is a big question mark. Leftover chicken?

Workin' today, that's why I'm having salmon (after my shift is over). OG makes the best salmon!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Your pic shows a beautiful, confident woman - matching the strength in your words. I'm so pleased that you are feeling so terrific!! Keep on! I didn't know that you work at OG...is it difficult to be around the wonderful smells all day?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So glad to hear you're in great mental space regarding wheat. You are amazing!!! Keep up the great work, and don't worry too much about those ketones. As long as you're feeling good, you're good to go!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #1294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh thank you ladies!

Jan, no the smells don't bother me (anymore). I've been there 5 years. Things do smell yummy when I take them to the tables but I'm okay with it. The only thing that used to make my mouth water was spaghetti and meatballs. Go figure. I do feel confident. I would never have thought that I'd be over wheat. It took forever (weeks and weeks) but it happened. Now I think of it as a poison to me. Why would I eat poison, right?

Christine I feel great. It was explained to me that when you become keto or fat "adapted" (lol, Jan) you burn fat for fuel instead of sugar (carbs). Because this happens one doesn't get the "drop" in blood sugar that makes one want to reach for more fuel, the fuel is fat. On the other hand people burning sugar need to replenish constantly to keep from having the big drop in blood sugar. I was so wired last night before bed I cleaned the kitchen, packed DH's lunch, started a load of laundry.....

Regarding the wheat again, I was so darn depressed when I first stopped eating it, I don't ever want to feel like that again.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #1295
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm so glad you are feeling so great! What an exciting thing to read this morning!

I guess it might be kinda funny to watch the people practically roll themselves outta OG, huh?

Gotta love fat fuel!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #1296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, you would be amazed at how much people can eat in one sitting! Once I got in trouble at work because a guest told my manager that my eyes bugged out when she ordered her 5th bowl of soup. To be fair, she was sharing it with two other people and she was getting to him before I could.

Tuesday, blood work day. I got up at my usual 5 a.m. and could not have coffee or breakfast until I went to the lab at 7:30 this morning. I didn't mind not eating but I missed my coffee first thing! So now I'm home and sipping on a cuppa joe. I ate scrambled eggs with cream cheese and ground beef, sort of like machaca. I divided it and I'm saving half for lunch. By the time I got home I did have a rumbling tummy and breakfast tasted divine.

Thank you for the kudos. I was driving home this morning and thinking about how really good I feel. Mentally and physically. It seems like a miracle. Now I know that there are no diet miracles. It's working because I'm working it. It didn't happen overnight and it really was leap of faith to embrace dietary fat again. So a little about the 'rules' that keep me on the right track.

1) I have a protein number that I need to hit everyday (92gms). Believe it or not it doesn't take a lot to hit this number. This is a medium protein plan.

2) I try to keep carbs under 30 total. I don't count net carbs I count total carbs. I have been consistently under 5% carbs most of the time. I eat romaine, green beans, olives, salad veggies and such, at most two cups a day. When I reach my goal weight I will gradually add in more vegetables.

3) I eat fat to satiety. I do this by cooking in butter or coconut oil. Using HWC in my coffee and sometimes butter. I use extra mayo if I make tuna salad. Cheese of course. If I'm at my protein goal and still have many missing calories by the end of the day I eat a handful of macadamia nuts. I eat the nuts because at this point I am not hungry and under my calorie floor, which is 1841. I almost never hit the number and am usually under by 2-3 hundred calories, even with the nuts.

4) I do not eat grains of any kind or real sugar in any form, except for an occasional glass of wine which I'm not having right now. I intend to follow the no grain rule to infinity. I don't need it, it hates me.

5) I have cut way back on alcohol and am no longer craving my glass of wine.

5) I Log my food everyday, and try to hit my numbers as close as I can.

By following these rules I have found that I am not hungry, I'm not craving sweets or carbs at all. I have mental clarity and need less sleep. I sleep better when I do sleep. I do not feel depressed. This is a biggy. I have a long way to go but if I continue to feel like this it won't matter how long.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my buddies! I'm starting a new journal for my new journey. Please come with me!!

Blonde with a Rose.... Living HFLC/NK/Primal
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #1298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Please ignore the previous message.....

Yes I know I seem flighty and while my journey to onederland is foremost in my mind I have to be able to believe that the food I'm eating is not harmful to me. With much soul searching I find I can't embrace a high fat diet any more than I can be "primal". I love low carb, I think it's the healthiest WOE for me but I will have to do it with an eye on how much fat I take in. Low carb by definition is not a low fat diet and I'm not looking for that. I believe in whole foods, dairy, lean cuts of meat, etc. I'm not looking for a "carby" diet by any means but I want more veggies and I want to feel that I'm not filling my body up with fats.

I appreciate my friends here so much, and those who have known me for awhile will understand the "search" for the perfect woe. We've all done it. I think as Leo said, I have to find the right combination that will be healthy and sustainable as a lifestyle.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #1299
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Thursday Morning. No work today, breakfast and lunch with the grand girls and then they're off to the Boys and Girls Club. My house is in desperate need of a vacuuming. Ugh.

Finished the open bottle of Pinot last night and I even shared it with my DD28. I made a small batch of taco soup and had that for dinner. DD34 was a grumpy pants when she came to pick up the girls. Both DD's joined WW on January 1st. DD34 said she didn't want to talk about it. We said okay...then she proceeded to talk about it and I encouraged her to do so. Apparently everything she likes to eat is high point values (naturally). So we discussed filling in the hungries with extra veg etc. No I didn't discuss low carb...she would never go for that. I sometimes wish I could go for WW. It would certainly make my life easier if I could eat anything as long as I attached a point value to it. I've tried in the past with WW but it never sticks. Of course I've never applied WW to low carb.....hmmmmm.
So DD isn't happy with her plan? That really sucks especially this early in the game. Boy, I can really relate to that feeling though! I have tried WW 3x and every time I fail miserably. I had the same thought process..just attach those point values to everything and all is good. Ummmm, not so much. I tried to low carb with it..ugh..I don't want to talk about it!

Flighty? NO. You're just following your heart so that you can succeed. I certainly don't begrudge you your entitlement to do what you have to to see yourself to goal! So, are you going back to JUDDD or doing something else?

Vacuum...wanna come do mine next?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #1300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Dani, I don't know what I'm doing exactly....definitely low carb. Definitely NOT HFLC/NK/Primal, which is why I came back to this journal. I couldn't keep writing about something that was not sustainable for me. I have to be able to progress to a lifestyle and that would be something I can eat everyday without worrying about giving myself a heart attack. I do believe JUDDD is in my future at some point. For now, low carb, gluten free and not so high fat.

DD34 has never had to diet until now. She was always tall and skinny. WW is a challenge for her but I think she will adjust.

and for what seems like the millionth time~ Thank you for hanging with me.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #1301
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Dani, I don't know what I'm doing exactly....definitely low carb. Definitely NOT HFLC/NK/Primal, which is why I came back to this journal. I couldn't keep writing about something that was not sustainable for me. I have to be able to progress to a lifestyle and that would be something I can eat everyday without worrying about giving myself a heart attack. I do believe JUDDD is in my future at some point. For now, low carb, gluten free and not so high fat.

DD34 has never had to diet until now. She was always tall and skinny. WW is a challenge for her but I think she will adjust.

and for what seems like the millionth time~ Thank you for hanging with me.
ALWAYS!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #1302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hey, have you noticed how many different paths I have followed?

I never did Atkins, but attempted WW and South Beach. I sort of naturally fell into paleo type eating. All I knew, after struggling with menopause/thyroid issues is that sugar, most processed foods and bread would be extremely limited no matter which plan I chose. The verdict is still out on PHD, but I will say that it seems closer to a way that "feels right" as any I have tried. It is higher carb than I am used to although it is plant starch.

I do know that JUDDD is here to stay, no matter which method/plan I choose.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #1303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, and hopefully all paths lead to success, eventually.

How is PHD working for you? Do you JUDDD with it? Do you still have good energy? So you are eating the safe starches? Inquiring minds want to know......
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #1304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, another data point for you! That's a good thing. We're science experiments, remember!

I'm trying another path, too, as usual. Minor tweaking is more like it, I guess. But you hit it square on the head when you said SUSTAINABILITY. That's what it's all about. What can you live with in the long term? in the short term, what gives you results? We need to mix things up because our bodies are so smart and quick to catch on to our tricks! Darn our adaptive tendencies!

Keep on keepin' on, my friend!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #1305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Honey - I'm home!!!

I'm on lunch break so I haven't quite read up on everything going on with you. Just wanted to say I'm here and working this to the best of my ability, just like you.

I love low carb - but can't sustain it for ANY length of time. I love wine, chocolate, ice cream. Once I start to restrict myself, I go bananas. Seriously. I love JUDDD but for whatever reason just thinking about DDs made me freak. I fully intended to start back on it in the new year but something held me back. I have been strangely content this last week on WW. Oh I'm sure my crazies are circling the wagons but persistence is my plan for 2013. We shall see where this year leads me.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur

Last edited by ellgee; 01-03-2013 at 10:47 AM..
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #1306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yep, and hopefully all paths lead to success, eventually.

How is PHD working for you? Do you JUDDD with it? Do you still have good energy? So you are eating the safe starches? Inquiring minds want to know......
Well, have you had time to read the Potato Hack thread? That is where my story begins. I have always, always, loved baked taters. Even when doing strict lc, if I went out to dinner at a nice restaurant and had a steak or lobster, it is just a given that I will have a baked potato.

I was fascinated with the tater hack over at MDA and all of the paleo folks who did this and their results. So, I read one of the posters speaking about Jaminet and his Perfect Health Diet and I began reading his site. Then I started inquiring around here and only very few had an interest. I decided to start a thread about it, because JoyJoy and Kettleboy were interested. Since this is all new for me, please give me a few more weeks before I give you my final, "YES, YES, YES, this is my way of eating!!! Hallelujah, the heavens have smiled down on me." heehee
Because I know me very well. Also, Jaminet is not too hip to any grains, thinking (quinoa, chia) except rice. haven't figured out why yet? although, this will not be a dealbreaker, because I sometimes stretch rules.

Last edited by sunday; 01-03-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #1307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The things that he promotes that I do already eat & love are...
butter, olive oil, coconut oil, wild caught fish *salmon, greek yogurt, blueberries, all berries, turkey & other organic fowl, bone broth, greens (spinach, romaine, aragula), sweet taters, walnuts, mac nuts, & tomatoes. Oh, and did I say Ghee & kefir? He does limit the protein, even more than carbs. I am going to adjust.

Last edited by sunday; 01-03-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
hey, another data point for you! That's a good thing. We're science experiments, remember!

I'm trying another path, too, as usual. Minor tweaking is more like it, I guess. But you hit it square on the head when you said SUSTAINABILITY. That's what it's all about. What can you live with in the long term? in the short term, what gives you results? We need to mix things up because our bodies are so smart and quick to catch on to our tricks! Darn our adaptive tendencies!

Keep on keepin' on, my friend!
Christine we have to do what we have to do as long as we don't give up! I'm going full ahead and I LOVE that we all can visit each other's journal for info, encouragement and hugs. Here's to 2013!! CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Honey - I'm home!!!

I'm on lunch break so I haven't quite read up on everything going on with you. Just wanted to say I'm here and working this to the best of my ability, just like you.

I love low carb - but can't sustain it for ANY length of time. I love wine, chocolate, ice cream. Once I start to restrict myself, I go bananas. Seriously. I love JUDDD but for whatever reason just thinking about DDs made me freak. I fully intended to start back on it in the new year but something held me back. I have been strangely content this last week on WW. Oh I'm sure my crazies are circling the wagons but persistence is my plan for 2013. We shall see where this year leads me.
Dang girl I'm so excited to hear from you! I just got your PM and replied. You have been so missed and I'm so happy you're home, again. I may as well confess, I too joined WW yesterday. My intent is to continue with "lower carb" with lots and lots of veggies which I LOVE and stay away from wheat. I need the accountability badly and I need to learn how to operate in the real world and all the distractions that it provides. Welcome home, welcome home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Well, have you had time to read the Potato Hack thread? That is where my story begins. I have always, always, loved baked taters. Even when doing strict lc, if I went out to dinner at a nice restaurant and had a steak or lobster, it is just a given that I will have a baked potato.

I was fascinated with the tater hack over at MDA and all of the paleo folks who did this and their results. So, I read one of the posters speaking about Jaminet and his Perfect Health Diet and I began reading his site. Then I started inquiring around here and only very few had an interest. I decided to start a thread about it, because JoyJoy and Kettleboy were interested. Since this is all new for me, please give me a few more weeks before I give you my final, "YES, YES, YES, this is my way of eating!!! Hallelujah, the heavens have smiled down on me." heehee
Because I know me very well. Also, Jaminet is not too hip to any grains, thinking (quinoa, chia) except rice. haven't figured out why yet? although, this will not be a dealbreaker, because I sometimes stretch rules.
That's okay Sunday, no final commitments are required. I've been around long enough to realize that (is everyone listening?) SUSTAIN-ABILITY IS KEY. We all keep searching for the ONE but maybe there is no ONE. Maybe it's what we can live with, sustain, feel well and continue to lose our extra weight along the way. Whatever it takes. I'm all for guidance but there is no one size fits all way to do this.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

P.S. It was really hard to admit that I joined WW again. Laura gave me courage. Thanks Laura.

I'm thrilled that we are all on this journey together!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 01-03-2013 at 01:06 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #1309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with WW! I'm sorry you felt hesitant about disclosing that! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #1310
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry you felt it hard to admit it.. we all have our way of getting to the end. This is YOUR journey and one that you have to find what works best for you. Going for the accountability may be the missing piece for you and keep you going. I'm excited to see how you do, I think you'll knock it outta the park!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #1311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you girlies! I was mostly afraid to admit that I had gone off in another direction...again. WW will give me a way to "lifestyle" my woe. I'm so confused about so many things "food" and I really need to get some sanity.

Not to go off on a tangent but more to try and explain my thinking, here is a formula that I continue to experience:

Ultra Low carb leads to deprivation- leads to binge-ing -leads to weight gain -leads to regret -leads to out of control -leads to low carb for control~ leads to deprivation, etc etc. Binge-ing isn't really my issue anymore but I am seriously starting to question my sense and whether or not I have any. I have so much information rattling around in my head and most of it is contradictory to the rest of it. I am praying that WW will give me some sanity over my weight endeavors.

Thank you for your friendship.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #1312
Blabbermouth!!!

Yanno, I think I'd worry more if you didn't continue pushing and striving to find your place. I have always said as long as we're moving forward and never looking back at the coulda, woulda, shoulda, we are all way ahead of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking for a way to find some peace.. and if WW turns out to be that place then that is wonderful.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So~ do you know how wonderful you are?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #1314
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde- who cares what plan you do? I have done so many crazy things we are all trying to get to the same end, weight loss and eating foods that make us feel good and that are easy to follow and cook! If you want to do WW with your girls then give it a whirl!!!!! We will still be cheering you on!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #1315
Blabbermouth!!!

Couldn't agree more! ^^^^^ Maybe this will be another good bonding time with your DD's. You'll all inspire eachother and maybe they'll see your version with lc added isn't so bad afterall!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #1316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Yanno, I think I'd worry more if you didn't continue pushing and striving to find your place. I have always said as long as we're moving forward and never looking back at the coulda, woulda, shoulda, we are all way ahead of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking for a way to find some peace.. and if WW turns out to be that place then that is wonderful.
This is why I love Dani so damn much. You know EXACTLY what to say and EXACTLY how to lift people up. Do you know how wonderful you are??

ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #1317
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
This is why I love Dani so damn much. You know EXACTLY what to say and EXACTLY how to lift people up. Do you know how wonderful you are??

Oh Laura, don't make me cry! I am just extremely loyal to those that I care about. I know you'd all do the same for me! When I'm feeling good I have to spread it, it makes me feel even better
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im in bed typing on a teeny tiny keyboard on my nook with my pudgy fingers so ill be brief.

Came in 1 point under today but had a mad plate of veggies for dinner with a whole cup of cottage cheese. Heaven.
B- egg and cottag cheese
L- salmon and salad

This small list took forever to type!

Goodnight all.....
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #1319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those tiny keyboards are a killer!!! Sounds like a great day!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #1320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Christine! Happy Friday to you!

Yesterday was a good day. I had some feelings of nervousness as dinner approached because I didn't have a plan. DH came home hungry and I made him eggs and bacon with toast. I started thinking about what It was that I really wanted to eat.... so I opened a bag of baby carrots and quartered about a cup of them, took out 12 huge green olives stuffed w/ garlic and jalapeno, sliced up a wonderful yellow pepper and ate it dipped in a cup of cottage cheese. It was really delicious, this is what I've been missing in my diet (I think). I had a few carrots left on my plate at the end.

WW is not really LC friendly but I think I can make it work. Meats/eggs/cheeses all have pretty high point values but if I stick to leaner cuts and 2% cheeses and zero fat yogurts, sour cream, and cottage cheese I should be able to fill in the holes with the veggies I've been missing. Of course I will have to curtail my fat intake somewhat (LOL) but that was scaring the beejeezuz out of me anyway.

As with every new plan (ain't it the truth?) I feel hopeful. There are marked differences with WW this time around. I've never attempted to go lower carb or wheat free w/ WW. I always got off track because I thought I could eat anything and remain in control (nope can't do that). Eliminating wheat from my diet was really hard and kinda like quitting smoking. I literally "Jonesed" for bread/pasta/breaded & fried. I felt really sad like something fabulous was gone from my life (just like smoking). I feel much better for having left both bad habits behind.

I really need to clean out my fridge today and make room for some fresh veggies and such.

On a weird note but not too surprising...after that giant plate of veggies and minimal fat yesterday, my appetite is back. This would be upsetting except the alternative is to have no "real" appetite and stay the same weight... forever. I've weighed exactly 217.8 for three weeks after hitting 215, once.

Christine I'm going to take your route and incorporate some kind of green smoothie for my breakfast meal.