LOL! Luv Ya, Blonde!!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #1262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
JAN!!!!!!!!!!

Blonde, no pinot!?!? WOW! You are amazing!!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #1263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh Jan! I totally see your toe! Show me some leg!
Welcome back girlfriend! Come on in, the water's fine. Let's talk!

Christine~ no Pinot! I think it may have been slowing me down or stalling me altogether. Once I get started on a down trend, I'll try to add it in on a VLC day and see what happens. I do think I need to be fully fat adapted before I can try it though...

My numbers for yesterday:

Cals: 1735 (1841 -floor)
Fat 137 (198)
Prot: 107 (92)
Carbs: 16.8

This experiment with HFLC (medium protein) is still scary to me. It's the fat thing. It's actually difficult to get all the fat in, even though I'm trying and I'm not hungry and feel like I'm eating a ton of food. Hopefully that which does not kill us, makes us skinnier? Yesterday I sipped water all day since I have a cold and I need to stay hydrated. I don't want it to go to my chest.

I'm off work today, thank goodness. I'm not in good shape to wait on people. My nose is still drippy. It's ALL I could do NOT to jump on the scale this morning. I can't start that behavior. I need to wait until Thursday at the earliest, then again on Monday. I know that water weight is being lost, but I'm not kidding, I feel like my tummy is deflating fast.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #1264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job, Blonde!! Water weight or not, that bloat makes you feel terrible, so it's great to wave it goodbye!!! ADIOS!!!!

Sorry you're feeling yucky, and I hope you recover quickly!! Hang in there.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #1265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
"fully fat adapted"!!!! Now THAT is funny! I've been fully fat adapted for a lifetime

I envy that you are not hungry Blonde. I always am ready to eat...no matter what!

Holidays are here, ladies Jan
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #1266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Jan! I never thought of it that way! I mean fat burning adapted.

When I was trying to get my appetite under control I went on a sort of meat/egg fast. I had lots of romaine and salad dressing. It took a while but it helped a lot and I didn't gain any weight. Are you still thinking of LC or did you want to try something new? I know you want to try something!

Yes, I love the holidays but still need to shop for almost everyone in the fam. I actually have 1 person finished.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #1267
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ahhhh the beauty of lc eating...that "thin feeling"... I love that! Sorry to hear you're sick. I woke up today with a sore throat and not feeling all that well myself...I actually slept in a couple hours and *that* is so not like me at all...
Glad that you are feeling full and never hungry, I think you will do awesome with this!

HI JAN!!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #1268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Dani~ that sucks! Feel better!

Yes, so far so good but like I said, it's actually hard to believe in this thing, it's so foreign to me. Fat? Really? Time will tell, and since I'm lucky enough to not be hungry all the time I feel I can stick with it. I think I need to pat myself on the back for eliminating wheat from my diet. It's a huge trigger (even LC wheat products). I find myself feeling totally "over it". I won't tempt that feeling by adding it back in to my diet.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #1269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've had my "buttered" coffee, spent a good hour or more on LC Friends and my feet are freezing! I'm going to hit the shower. It's supposed to be 73 degrees today. I may need to spark up the wood stove. Southern California makes Orchids of us all.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #1270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess I can't shut up today. Nice hot shower and a little makeup...gets rid of that "death warmed over" look.

I need to venture out today and get DH some food for his daily lunch, if nothing else. Today I packed a Dairy *Delight*...Mozzarella sticks, cheese flavored rice crackers, vanilla yogurt and peaches in juice. I hope he's not mad...

I think I'll eat when I get back.....
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #1271
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah yes, the lovely cold feet....I always know when it's a DD cause my feet are like ice blocks and I'm freezing cold all day long.

Yeah, the death warmed over look..I wear it well!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #1272
Major LCF Poster!

Your losses look good, all! I so continue to eat LC, just too much of it.

Hi Dani How's it going?

Jan
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #1273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan~ eating too much LC was my problem too. Upping the fat, lowering the protein and ultra low carbs have helped w/ my enormous appetite.

I am having a hard time believing in Nutritional Ketosis...the fat part is against the grain for me, but if I can lose weight and feel better then I'll try it. I must say, JOINT PAIN is at a minimum. I don't know if it's the fact that I've stopped eating any grains/white potatoes (nightshades) at all or just the low carb part. I'm just grateful it's happening. I have no test strips but I have major metal mouth so I do believe I am in ketosis (fat burning) mode. I have vowed not to weigh until tomorrow.

Yesterday numbers:

Calories: 1814 (1841 floor)
Fat 149.3 (198)
Protein 109.6 (92)
Carbs 17.7

I forgot to take my vitamins yesterday. I need a weekly pill dispenser.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #1274
Blabbermouth!!!

I know the fat thing is a weird weird concept! I struggled with it for a long while... and lookin at menus and my fat % it was evident that I was truly afraid of it There is too much evidence that it works which makes it really hard to ignore! Yanno, the whole idea of lc is supposedly a huge aid in reducing inflamation.. also if you've cut out nightshades that could be a part of it.. I can't eat tomatoes or I get horrible pain in my feet and hands.. I just really want this to work for you!

Jan, so good to see you again! Me? Oh, you know...same ole same ole...;O Pluggin away at weight loss and actually getting somewhere this time. If someone told me that I'd be losing weight durng the holidays I never ever woulda believed it! Happy girl! I hope you'll be back to joining us again, it's so much better when we're all together!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #1275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani that is exactly how I felt when I started JUDDD in December of 2010! At a time when I normally would pack on 10lbs, I lost 11!! I'm so happy you love this WOE and I too sure want this NK to work for me!

Jan, welcome back. What ever we can do to help or just be here for you, it's a huge step to reconnect and I'm so happy you did. You're so special and you have been missed!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #1276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ho Hum.

I must be feeling better because I'm bored...I only ate half of my breakfast this morning, I guess I'll have the other half for lunch.

I was very busy this morning, I paid bills by check and online and ordered more checks. I had so many of the old ones I can't believe they're gone. I'm sure my bank will be happy. The old ones said Washington Mutual, which is kaput.

I need a project. Something crafty. But first, I'll go brush my teeth.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #1277
Blabbermouth!!!

Laughing about the checks.. we had Washington Mutual too. We've since switched awhile back but man, I think the bank was really happy when I finally got new ones with the "right" bank name on them.

Wow, not finishing breakfast says alot! As the days roll by I'm finding that I am pushing out breakfast later and later and I don't wake up with that crazed, starved feeling like before.. Good for DD's but kinda puts a rush on making sure I get in all those calories for UD's ..so by the evening time I am feeling absolutely stuffed..

Crafty... I wish I was. What I really wanted to do was to make stockings for the family.. we have some that my mom made years and years ago but they're falling apart. I was greatly disappointed to go to 5 (FIVE) craft fairs and not one of them had home made stockings.. you'd think with the amount of quilts and crochet/knitted blankets and other doo-hickies there woulda been some sort of stocking made by hand, no?

Cant wait to hear what you come up with!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #1278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ you know what? It's weird. I am truly not hungry at all. I keep wondering what I should do for dinner and everything that comes to mind is 'meh'. I'm thinking maybe scrambled eggs might be good. Do I have to finish my breakfast (which was chicken breast) before I can have anything else?

Homemade stockings are really easy to do! All you need is a template (pattern) which you can make yourself. There is this stuff called Stitch Witchery which you can use in place of sewing, you just need an iron OR you can use fabric glue to put it together. Felt or fabric cut outs, or beads and charms can be hand applied with glue or just a stitch or two of hand sewing. You can use puffy paint to put names on. Lots of ideas on the internet. ! I think it's lovely your Mom made stockings. When I was a kid we had an aluminum Christmas tree (silver) that had a rotating color light wheel underneath. We had red green, blue, gold and silver balls...nothing else was allowed on that tree. Nothing. Not even cute little ornaments we made in school. The light wheel went round and round turning the tree green then red then gold then blue....
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #1279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You definitely do not need to eat all of your breakfast first. I'm so glad you're finding a groove!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #1280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
You definitely do not need to eat all of your breakfast first. I'm so glad you're finding a groove!
Yay! I know some lucky dogs livin' around here....

Christine do you have a calorie number for a daily target or do mainly count carbs and don't worry about calories? I read that when someone is in NK (fully) the brain alone uses 600 calories a day!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #1281
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani~ you know what? It's weird. I am truly not hungry at all. I keep wondering what I should do for dinner and everything that comes to mind is 'meh'. I'm thinking maybe scrambled eggs might be good. Do I have to finish my breakfast (which was chicken breast) before I can have anything else?

Homemade stockings are really easy to do! All you need is a template (pattern) which you can make yourself. There is this stuff called Stitch Witchery which you can use in place of sewing, you just need an iron OR you can use fabric glue to put it together. Felt or fabric cut outs, or beads and charms can be hand applied with glue or just a stitch or two of hand sewing. You can use puffy paint to put names on. Lots of ideas on the internet. ! I think it's lovely your Mom made stockings. When I was a kid we had an aluminum Christmas tree (silver) that had a rotating color light wheel underneath. We had red green, blue, gold and silver balls...nothing else was allowed on that tree. Nothing. Not even cute little ornaments we made in school. The light wheel went round and round turning the tree green then red then gold then blue....
You certainly don't have to finish breakfast first Unless, of course, your want to?

I'm sure there is lots of stuff out there to make those pesky stockings.. I'm just kinda spoiled in that we had some pretty rockin stockings..my mom crochets like a pro and they are darling. I was hoping someone out there was as crafty as dear mummy but apparently not.. I've tried to learn how to crochet and knit and I just don't get it.. the crochet thing throws me off because I'm amerdexterous..or whatever that word is for when both hands are dominant I always write with my left hand so logically you'd think that'd be the hand that would dominate the needles... apparently not such a freak of nature in my family in terms of the crafty-gene..all my sisters are pretty proficient in something fun and I am just not..... Well, except maybe building a powerpoint presentation then it's all good.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #1282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh honey I can't knit or crochet. My Granny was whiz and my little brother learned form her. Not me, too much counting or something. Your no freak, you just haven't found your niche.

Today's numbers:

Calories: 1988
Fat 159.4 (70%)
Protein 119.4 (25%)
Carbs 22 (4.2%)

I had to eat beef, olives, sour cream and macadamia nuts just to get my numbers up!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #1283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, I don't count calories. I do keep an eye on carbs. What's interesting, though, is that by watching carbs, I seem to automatically keep the calories in check. When I use my food tracker, I always come in below the recommended daily allowances in everything except fat.

Well, duh. Of course.

I can believe that the brain requires 600 calories when you're keto adapted! That's always people's arguments about cutting down on carbs: THE BRAIN NEEDS CARBS TO FUNCTION. Well, the brain needs calories to function and it doesn't care what kind of calories they are. Just make sure we're eating enough, and our brains will be very happy.

Maybe if I feed my brain more calories, my memory will improve.......

Have a good day, Blonde!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

"I had to eat beef, olives, sour cream and macadamia nuts ..." Well done, Blonde - not everyone would understand that! I ate nuts yesterday too. No weight loss this morning, but a full tummy at bedtime is a valuable thing indeed!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #1285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting thing about "the hungry brain". I don't know Christine, I've been feeding mine pretty well and my memory is about the same, if I remember correctly.

Being full is NOT over-rated for sure. It's the key to losing weight. Good for you, Jan! I absolutely hate going to bed feeling starved. I don't mind being a little empty but starved is no bueno.

Wish me luck, I'm heading out this morning with my stuffy head to do a little shopping. I'm seriously thinking gift certs to my kids favorite places...DD34 loves Ross, DD28 loves TJ Max, DS28 needs shoes so someplace that sells Vans... and all the couples get Almond Champagne. I know gift cards seem so impersonal but at least you can't buy the wrong thing. It's harder to buy for the sons-in-law. and then there are the grand girls! Sheesh...I'm talking myself out of it...I better hush.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #1286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not going to post my numbers for yesterday because they were measly. A mere 846 calories, 9 gms carbs. This is a big NO-NO according to the NK group. My body thinks it's starving...but my tummy and my head don't care. I will make an effort to meet my requirements today. I think this is as much having a residual head cold as it is ketosis. Lean body mass (LBM) is sacrificed if enough calories are not eaten.

I went to 5 different stores yesterday, plus the gas station, accomplished much shopping and still have much to-do. I'm gad it's Friday, but I'm not sure why...oh yeah, I can sleep in tomorrow!

Seriously thinking about maybe considering that I might possibly have pinot on Sunday.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #1287
Blabbermouth!!!

I really hope that cold goes away so you can focus on the NK thing and see it's magic.

You and me both sister....last night I realized that I've got 2 weeks til Vegas...I'm supposed to be all done with shopping and wrapping before then..... I have got to get going!!!!!!!! Thank goodness DS is going to be easy this year, he's usually the one I get hung up on trying to shop for and takes me forever...he made it very easy this year...an iPhone..easy peasy...thanks son!

Sleeping in....what is that? I haven't been able to sleep in since I started JUDDD! I have to force myself to go to sleep and I'm wide awake every morning at like 6... craziness!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #1288
Major LCF Poster!

I've been away Blonde, but I'm interested to read that your low cal/feeling fine day is not sanctioned. I'd think this was the very thing to promote weight loss.

About gifts...what do your sweet little grandbabies like? My lovey boys (almost 9, 6.5 and 5.5) are passionate about all things lego (STILL!). I am THE SUPREME Lego Enabler (and Proud of it BTW) of all time!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #1289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jan! I don't understand it entirely, in fact I don't get it at all really, this is new to me. I'm getting my info second hand and I really should get Phinney's book. Feeling good is great but apparently ketosis dampens the appetite so much it's imperative to get in the Minimum protein grams and be close to minimum calorie requirements. I came in at less than half of the minimum 'anything", that was the no-no. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being "starving'...I'm at a 1. I did better yesterday. The idea is to get in the minimum protein and then fill in the calories and satiety by adding fat.

Both of my granddaughters are computer nerds, They love video games and play all kinds of online 'educational'. They also like Disney Princesses, Barbie and stuffed animals. They play soccer. The youngest has a wonderful imagination and hates television. She'll get mad if you turn it on because the other is drawn like a moth to a flame.

Danielle, It's 6:45 am here and I've been up for an hour. I can't sleep either.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #1290
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Yep, I was up at 6 again today.. layed there trying to will myself back to sleep...cause, afterall I've earned it by busting my butt finishing up classes and now down to 1...but NO, my ole body says, Time to get up!!! Wakey! Wakey!!!