Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Ah! Thank you D~ I really needed someone to jump up and down with me! I recently called my cable company (Cox) and asked very nicely if someone could please help me lower my bill. I got it reduced $30 a month for a year. With AT&T and Direct TV campaigning so hard to recruit people, they know the competition is getting attention. You should try it!

I'm getting ready to have some carrot puree' soup, leftover carrots from last nights meal. I hope the soup will soothe me a little. I really hate getting my self all worked up.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
We have done that, believe it or not!!! They also mis-represented the costs for the whole home dvr system... ridiculous. I HATE cox. We're actually looking into direct-tv as we speak.. I'm so done with cox.

I only like fresh carrots...carrot soup, puree', cooked-carrot-anything...
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lovely day! Crisp, cool, somewhat overcast. Just got "my hair did"...it looks great if I may say so. I love having fresh color.

DH and DS are loading up the van with bottles and cans that have been driving me nuts since DH started "saving" them for recycle. DS is broke and we have the solution! Take it away, please! Last weeks birthday party added greatly to the "collection". I think he may be able to put gas in his car after this.

I had a good day yesterday, went to bed hungry, and woke up happy. This is nice. I'm making a kind of mexican ground beef thingy in my little crockpot. I'll have mine with salad and cheese and sour cream, DH gets his with re-fried beans and tortilla chips. Life is good...knock on wood.

Danielle~ Hope I didn't gross you out too much re: the carrot soup. It was fantastic!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #1204
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Lovely day! Crisp, cool, somewhat overcast. Just got "my hair did"...it looks great if I may say so. I love having fresh color.

DH and DS are loading up the van with bottles and cans that have been driving me nuts since DH started "saving" them for recycle. DS is broke and we have the solution! Take it away, please! Last weeks birthday party added greatly to the "collection". I think he may be able to put gas in his car after this.

I had a good day yesterday, went to bed hungry, and woke up happy. This is nice. I'm making a kind of mexican ground beef thingy in my little crockpot. I'll have mine with salad and cheese and sour cream, DH gets his with re-fried beans and tortilla chips. Life is good...knock on wood.

Danielle~ Hope I didn't gross you out too much re: the carrot soup. It was fantastic!!!
'tis okay about grossing me out you made up for it with the mexican food description YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny to go to bed that way and wake up just happy as a clam. So weird!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #1205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Have a great Monday, Blonde!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #1206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Omg, I feel like such an old woman today. Yesterday I served food for 6 hours straight and didn't sit down until I got in my car to come home. Upon arrival at home (ten minutes later) I could barely drag myself out of the car...I am stiff and sore and my feet still hurt. I love the concept of Veterans Day, but I've started to hate "working it". We served free meals to active, inactive and retired Vets yesterday and the turnout was, in a word "successful". Thank goodness I have the day off today because I seriously don't think I could make it.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #1207
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoy your day off. Sorry about the ouchies
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #1208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh! Enjoy your day off. Rest, relax, rejuvenate.......you need a massage!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Provencal Drop Biscuits makes 8-10 depending on size of the biscuit. Bake @ 400 degrees for 15-16 minutes) Cool on a rack.

4 tbls Heavy whipping cream
4 whole eggs
4 tbls melted, slightly cooled butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
6 heaping tablespoons coconut flour

Blend/Whisk together first 6 ingredients then stir in flour and baking soda. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment papered cookie sheet. Bake @400 for 15-16 minutes.

These are really pretty and smell wonderful. This is the closet I've come to being really pleased with a low carb bread replacement! While there are other recipes likes this out there, this is my interpretation. Approx 2 net carbs per biscuit.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-13-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #1210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great looking recipe, Blonde, and I have all of those things on hand! Thank you!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey girly! I'm here. Took a bit of a detour but I'm back on track yet again. Sounds like you are doing great!

Sounds like you really worked in on Veteran's Day. I hate when my body does that to me. My mind still feels young (unless I'm trying to remember something) but my body leaves no doubt that I'm entering hag territory, LOL!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey girly! I'm here. Took a bit of a detour but I'm back on track yet again. Sounds like you are doing great!

Sounds like you really worked in on Veteran's Day. I hate when my body does that to me. My mind still feels young (unless I'm trying to remember something) but my body leaves no doubt that I'm entering hag territory, LOL!
OMG Laura! You hit the nail on the head, hag territory indeed! I feel much better today but I'm leery of another marathon work day. It's so good to hear from you. I knew you were somewhere around and was trying not to use the "cry" button again, but I sure did miss you! I've been off wheat for about a month and I feel better for it. As you can see I'm desperately seeking a substitute. I've also been low carbing and not really JUDDD'ing for that last two weeks. As you know it gets so hard at times and I'm just doing what I can to stay as "on track" as I can. I plan to start JUDDD again on Monday so I can have a nice Thanksgiving, but I'm staying very strict with the carbs right now. Welcome back!

Christine the drop biscuits are GOOD in my opinion! They are kind fool proof and I can imagine using different "seasonings" for a variety of tastes. I think if I used Splenda and cinnamon, thinned the batter a little they might make nice pancakes, or cookies! Maybe even mix in some pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice? Let me know how yours turn out.

Work today, oy.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-14-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #1213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: Egg Beaters, cheddar and salsa
L: Salad with Salmon
D: Chicken and carrots

I'm going to try having my coffee w/ some fat. starting tomorrow.....

I'm hoping it will help with satiety on my down days. We'll see. My coffee seems to come with so many calories anyway, when I use creamer, etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #1214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oooh, I bet they'd be good with pumpkin! I'll let you know what happens! Hope your day at work is a smooth one!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #1215
Blabbermouth!!!

What is the "real deal" with the bulletproof coffee? I haven't tried it yet but I'm very curious!!

I say you do whatcha gotta to get you through...low carbing is prolly the best way to go for sure! I am truly going to enjoy the holidays this year for the first time in a very long time. What a freeing feeling JUDDD has given me!!

Have a great day and don't work too hard!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the bulletproof coffee! However, I do use Kerrygold butter, from grass-fed cows, to help reduce some of the possible bad stuff associated with conventional butter. I find that if I drink a full cup (probably 16 oz for me; my mugs are big!) before I leave work in the morning, I'm good until at least lunch.

Today I drank a half-cup (lazy) and was hungry when I got to the office! I think the wine triggered me last night (or was it those fries? Hmmmmm. ). Anyway, you might consider starting out slowly, Danielle, if your body isn't used to a higher fat intake; I found that it bothered my stomach a bit initially.

I put a slab of butter in my Ninja, add the coffee, whip it up, and ta-da. I do drink my afternoon iced coffee with HWC, still.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know Danielle, I'm not really sure about the full "skinny" on Bullet Proof coffee. Something about being fat adapted and for use with a low carb diet. IDK, just looking for ways to be less hungry, Although...I'm certain that most of it is in my head because on Up days I rarely think about food, especially when low carbing. I'm so happy that you are looking forward to "managing" your Holiday with JUDDD. Isn't it wonderful?

Christine I've heard starting slowly (1 tsp) is a good idea or nausea could be a problem. I don't really know what I'm doing except it's low carb. Just treading water until I restart JUDDD on Monday. If a little fat in my coffee helps me stay fuller longer, I'm gonna do it on down days.

Today's Breakfast was cottage cheese w/ Wasabi almonds and a palm full of walnuts. I need to remember that even with low carb, calories still count.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh, it starts...the Holiday Harrowing. Spent the entire weekend getting ready for Thursday's Feast. Cleaning and polishing, moving furniture, repairing carpet. NOT even close to being ready. On top of this, it was birthday weekend for my twins, now 28, so also shopping, spending, baking cakes, running around and wondering where I'm going to get the money for the actual "dinner" on Thanksgiving.

I am so stressed this morning that I'm postponing JUDDD another week at least and will continue to LC to keep myself sane. I have a planned an "all bets are off day" on Thursday which will set me back at least a week or more but it's worth it to have some Southern Cornbread Dressing and mashed potatoes...and yams....and green bean casserole...and cranberry sauce with my Turkey. I had planned to do this on JUDDD but I know in my gut I can't do 500 calories today. One does what one can.

The grand girls are out of school all week and coming here. I've given away two of my work shifts to babysit since the Boys and Girls Club is charging $20 per child, per day this week. DD34 gets a free sitter and I lose money. Not complaining just stating facts.

Hope my LC/JUDDD friends are all healthy and happy!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #1219
Blabbermouth!!!

Yanno, I rarely get hungry on UD's either. I was struggling to get all the calories in, until I just started implementing more fats and that seems to do the trick. I shorted myself a few times and the scale showed it, so now I make sure to get up close and personal with all those calories

Aw, you're such a good mama! Your grandgirls love being with you, I'm sure!!! The things we won't do for our kids, right?

Enjoy your holiday, food sounds yummy! Hope you'll be around here this week?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #1220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I'm so glad JUDDD is working for you! When I'm rockin' it, I love it and I can't wait to get my mind set back. It works, it's great, it's totally doable and sustainable. I will get there, maybe after Thanksgiving...

I'm going to try my best to be around my LC Friends throughout the Holidays. I need to be here, to stay accountable and to keep myself from running amok. If I'm gone very long I fall so far off the wagon it takes months to get back on and I don't even want to go there.

Yeah, those grand girls like me....
Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Omg, I have been a cleaning FREAK since Saturday and I swear I have muscles hurting that I didn't know I had. Trying to work around cranky little girls, one who is bored stiff and the other who is recovering from Strep throat. On the bright side, my house will be so clean and sparkly that it will look great through the New Year with just a little tweaking here and there everyday.

My list is still a yard long and I told DH that "I'm never gonna be ready in time". He said "It's okay Honey, just hit the highlights"....what have I been doing for the last 4 days? There are a whole lotta highlights in my house, apparently.

Hope everyone has a great day! I hope you get to leave work early today, if you work outside the home.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #1222
Blabbermouth!!!

Isn't it amazing how those muscles get sore like that when you do heavy cleaning? Sorry the kiddos are bored and sick, that's no bueno. Hahaha your dh sounds like mine...same words too! Apparently their highlights are different than ours?

I am going out exactly once today...to take DD16 to work...otherwise it's sofa city maaaan! .... well, on the sofa....doing homework..

Have a beautiful holiday with your family, Blonde!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanksgiving is over and I am thankful. My family came and my BFF and her dullard husband (sorry). It was fun and filling for sure.

Today, back to the grind (LC). My house is clean, my tree is decorated for Christmas, which means I don't have to do it today...my usual day for it. No shopping for me today, unfortunately I'm broke until the first. I'm thinking homemade gifts this year....yeah right. Is it possible to learn to crochet and knock out twelve throws, some scarves and a couple of hats...before Dec 25th? Hmmm......

I'm heading to the kitchen to get some good ol' coffee. I'll check back later to see if anyone else is moving around.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #1224
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you had a great TG! Had to LOL about the dullard...

Wow lady, you're way ahead of me! I haven't dragged out the xmas stuff yet...today sometime....I think I wish I could say my house was entirely sparkling..studying has really taken me away from everything this semester..of course I could probably do some of it instead of spending so much time here.....nope! I *need* to be here..it's a priority..

No shopping for me today either. I don't have anything pressing to get out there and find so....

Anywho, have a great day lady and great job getting right back to plan!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #1225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Lady D~ it sucks to be broke. How are you doing?

Getting ready to make some drop biscuits (coconut flour)! It's chilly in the house and a good excuse to run the oven. I have a small pork loin in the crock pot. Yesterday was ultra low carb all day, trying to get my appetite back under control. See, I forget about hunger when I'm doing LC but just add in some sugar or grains and see how it comes raging back! Also back (temporarily)~ bloat, joint pain and lethargy. I feel better this morning and hopefully even better tomorrow. Dani you're so right, there is life after wheat. Even my famous Southern Cornbread Dressing did not have the usual appeal. The fam thought it was great, I thought it was so-so. DD34 made yams with gingerbread flavored mini marshmallows...now that DID rock my world.
I'm in need of a fun project....I don't know what, yet.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #1226
Blabbermouth!!!

It does suck to be broke, huh? I braved the stores yesterday afternoon...spent about an hour and a half in Kohl's.. a quarter of that to get what we needed for DD16....bras and undies..and spent the rest IN LINE. OYE..its gonna be a long season...trying to shop for stuff not even intended for Xmas is gonna get old!

Glad to hear everything is back on track and you're truckin along!

Life after wheat...yes! I made my usual TG stuff but didn't eat mounds of it like I anticipated.... what, with that UD (read: free-for-all) and all.. I've begun to really taste things and assess what's really good and what's just, meh. Even mid-range meh didn't gain alot of approval from me to go ahead and "just eat it". The last coupla days have been not UD, not MD, not DD...just *days*.. pickin and peckin at leftovers that I refuse to just throw out just because... so, I'm sure the scale will just looooovvvee me but I figure there is always Monday, right? I say Monday because we'll be gone for the evening til late and I KNOW I'll be having a couple beers and some not-so-friendly calorie foods.. This messin around will probably come back to bite me in the butt for my ending numbers for the month and I'll be saying c'est la vie to my low number... but whatcha gonna do, right?

Welp, time for homework again.. been workin on watching Ghandi for class and I get so enthralled in the movie I forget to be taking notes and doing the assignment as it goes along so I don't have to go back and hunt for answers...since apparently my old lady brain doesn't work so well these days.

Have a good weekend!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #1227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ JUDDD has taught me so much about hunger and true appetite. I never feel like eating something so-so. It's gotta be good or why bother? Funny how that works.

Yesterday was another great LC day. I had salad and salmon for lunch! Yum. Olive Garden makes the best Salmon! Instead of ordering the "dinner" I just order a "side" of salmon and a garden salad. Saves me money and I don't have to deal with the stuff I don't want. DH had Chicken Parm and spaghetti. My hope is one day he will eat like me (LC) when pigs fly.....

I feel a little "let down" after the big family dinner last week. I have no interest in shopping even if I had money, which I don't. It's too early for Christmas Blues so I'm chalking it up to Thanksgiving Hangover. Too much rich food. It seems to take longer to cleanse my system than ever.....I've been back on track since last Friday and still I feel a little logy and sad. I have an overwhelming need to disappear into a book or three...

Happy Monday.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #1228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Salmon, yum!!! I agree that Thanksgiving hangover can throw one for a loop; hope you're feeling better soon! Get out in the sunshine a bit, maybe? Or hunker down with those books and some tea! That always works for me.

Also, as for homemade gifts, are you on Pinterest??? TONS of great ideas on there!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine some of my girlfriends are accessing pinterest but I've never even tried to get into it. I am crafty sometimes when I have a project I like. I'll check it out. Thanks!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #1230
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you had a good meal out! It feels wonderful to be able to go out to eat knowing that you are sticking true to your plan. Good girl!
I wish I liked salmon

I'm sorry you're feeling the blahs. I can relate. The last few years have been a huge adjustment for me because I ended up breaking off contact with my family, and the traditions that are all I, and my own kids, have ever known are now all gone. We've had to begin new things, and it's been hard! Its tough to start over after so long, kwim? I've learned to take extra special care during this time, esp on days where I feel really low. Baby yourself and do the things you feel like doing..and yes, by all means, grab that sunshine! I've signed up for Pinterest but I get very overwhelmed on there

Hope today is a beautiful day for you!