Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #1081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good for you, Blonde!! And it's a good thing because you wouldn't look good with nine sticks of butter hanging off you. I say that with all the love in my heart.

Thanks for the visual, Laura.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Well ladies, I already have 8 sticks of butter stuffing my bra..... My daughter posted something the other day, it kinda went like this: All women should take 5lbs off the scale every time they weigh. A girl shouldn't be penalized for her brain or her boobs.

No Laura, you're right. 2.2 is great! I need to keep looking positive. Christine, no offense taken. I need to get more butter off me!

DD today, I had coffee my way so I'm skipping breakfast. Later I'll have some gluc pudding and my regular BIG salad for dinner. My DVD came so I need to break it out and see what I can do to get fitter and less flabby.

Tomorrow I'm working the "Restaurant Week" booth for Olive Garden. It's going to be fun to serve up food and mingle with the public. There will be lots of other restaurants represented and blue grass music. I volunteered to do it and then found out afterward that I'm actually getting paid! YAY!

I'll check in if I can, today I will this WOE, and have a great DD!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Coffee my way - I love it! That's how I've been doing it too and I'm a happy girl.

The Restaurant Week sounds fun!!

And yes, you are rocking your WOE! We have 20 pounds to get rid of by the end of the year, my friend.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #1084
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy restaurant week, Blonde! Hope you meet lots of interesting people.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick fly-by!

Last night's BlueGrass Festival/Fundraiser was amazing! The music was great (kinda made me home sick for my family in the southern Ozarks) the food was abundant (at least 30 restaurants, represented). It was incredibly hot and humid (oh well) and SOLD OUT! 900 tickets gone and the community park was jammed with wine tasters and beer drinkers and non stop serving of food. It was a huge success for the charity. We were there 5 hours, left at 8:45 pm and were home sweet home by 9:30 after dropping off food back at the Olive Garden. Hubby was fabulous, came along with, brought chairs and a fan (oh yeah) and took a gazillion pictures. Next year, I'm going...as a guest, not a vendor.

Did really well yesterday, especially for an up day. I didn't eat much (too hot) so today we're having a little get together here with some family and some beer and a little wine and the chips and salsa that was donated to me by On The Border! A great Mexican restaurant.

BTW~ my DVD arrived, I did the workout on Friday, and could really feel it yesterday...but not too hard, just hard enough. Some free weights and some ballet moves for the lower body. I actually did some abdominal work! Really, seriously, I did.

It's hot hot hot here again, and I'm really starting to resent it. Hope everyones Sunday is super duper!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #1086
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like loads of fun!!! Glad you had a good time. Keep up the good work with your DVD, too!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #1087
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Whooo Hooo on the new DVD and doing it! You are so in the groove.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #1088
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it through my DD yesterday with flying colors! I can't begin to say how much better I feel mentally when I get through the 500 calorie day. It can be so difficult at times and takes so much self-talk sometimes but it's worth it just to feel successful.

Work today, UD. Woo hoo!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #1089
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, Blonde!! Excellent!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #1090
Senior LCF Member

Hey lady! You are doing great! Just wanted to drop in to say hi; after being off Monday, I feel like I'm playing catch up at work and home. The Bridal Extravaganza was much fun and I ate so much wedding cake I thought I'd hurl! LOL! Came back with about 3 extra pounds but am back on track.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #1091
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning ladies!

TGI Thursday! It's been a rough week physically but JUDDD-wise I'm doing great! I've been having some sleep issues due to, I think, extra aches and pains. I guess these things come with age...

Yesterday I came in a 485 calories. It is definitely mind over matter. I usually come home from work starving and take a minute to sip some broth or have a cup of hot tea. That's probably the best thing to do. If I'm really hungry I just go ahead and eat my salad early and then drink tea in the evening. The scale (that I always preach about) is not budging. I'm not really surprised, I've always been a slowww loser. I need to stay off the scale and work the magic.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #1092
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good strategy, Blonde! I have had those moments too: Close the back door, open the refrigerator door! I doubt I even stopped to put down my purse.

Keep up the magic!! You'll get there!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

First there is a mountain then there is no mountain. Then there is. ~Donovan

That's my cryptic way of saying I came I saw I conquered. Then I fell. Then I got up. It's all good.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 09-29-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #1094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The most important thing is to keep getting up!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #1095
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
First there is a mountain then there is no mountain. Then there is. ~Donovan

That's my cryptic way of saying I came I saw I conquered. Then I fell. Then I got up. It's all good.
Keep on walking lady!!! I am right behind you!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #1096
Senior LCF Member

I am 1,000% positive that the successful ones on this journey are the ones that keep getting up. We are all going to fall but have the choice of whether we stay down with our faces planted in the dirt or get up, dust ourselves off and start limping forward again.

I picture us all trudging up that damn mountain together. And that makes me smile. Not the falling part, although I do love the videos of people falling down on America's Funniest Home Videos. Am I a bad person? LOL!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
The most important thing is to keep getting up!
You are so right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Keep on walking lady!!! I am right behind you!
Amen! It's a frickin' journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
I am 1,000% positive that the successful ones on this journey are the ones that keep getting up. We are all going to fall but have the choice of whether we stay down with our faces planted in the dirt or get up, dust ourselves off and start limping forward again.

I picture us all trudging up that damn mountain together. And that makes me smile. Not the falling part, although I do love the videos of people falling down on America's Funniest Home Videos. Am I a bad person? LOL!
LOL! You're not a bad person, or if you are... then I am too! That's some funny stuff!

Oh thank you my friends! I'm sitting here, sipping a mug of delicious 100 calorie veggie soup and wondering how I could be back at 220 with all the work I've been doing. My fall was because I did not adhere to my Friday down day...and my other mistake was getting on the scale again. I remember now why I stayed off the scale when I started JUDDD in December of 2010. It is so demoralizing! I will stay off the scale for two weeks. I won't weigh again until Monday, October 8th. AND~ if I'm going to meet my goal of 20lbs (gone) by the end of the year I need to get more active. I also need to track my food, even on up days...I'm not beating myself up, just being positive about ways to improve.

The main plan for today is to eat veggies when I'm hungry. Increase volume to increase satiety. I had zero calorie coffee today by drinking it over ice with Torani SF vanilla syrup. That works okay, better than hot coffee with no creamer.

The weather forecast for today is HOT, at least 98 degrees but I'm thinking it will hit 100, easy. I don't work until tomorrow so I'm focusing on getting my house back to normal after the weekend with everyone here.

It's not lost on me that I will have to lose 21lbs now to make it to onederland....
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, that heat!!! It's supposed to be hot again here by midweek. Where is my crisp, autumn week? It's OCTOBER now!

I hear you on the scale. I find it to be rather demoralizing these days as well, which is odd for me because it used to be very motivating. Knowing what it does to you, though, is important, so that you can plan accordingly, which you have!!

21 lbs and four full months. You can do it.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #1099
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Umm. Umm. Uh. Hmm. Rolling my eyes. Crap.

I did not stay with my DD yesterday. I (apparently) thought I was starving. I did eat low carb, however. I am in such a confused state right now. I'm thinking that my nonchalance regarding the scale was a put-on and it really did spin me out. Would I be better off trying to do low carb JUDDD? Are my UD's setting me up to fail on my DD's? (Laura, this is a good one for you. Do you eat LC JUDDD?) Do I LC on this UD today? Will that make it work better? Calorie wise I probably came in at about 1100/1200 yesterday. Will LC help me with cravings, lower my appetite? Defeat the purpose of JUDDD? I know calories count, but will LC help me keep lower calories on my up days? I sure could use some help....

Sincerely,

Eff'd up in San Diego
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #1100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay so I posted on another thread, trying to make sense of my behavior and I realized at posting that I'm desperately grasping at straws...again. I know JUDDD works, I just need to work it. I'm taking today as an up day, I will not go overboard, I will DD tomorrow and I will stay within my calorie count for DD. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Thanks for listening and I am interested in anything you have to say about my weird behavior. I am feeling a little schizo....
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think weird behavior is just the norm for dieters everywhere. I was thinking about it after the gym this morning: I know what works. I know what needs to be done. I am wholly committed to being healthy.

So why do I eat cookies?

I'm absolutely convinced that part of it is about brain chemistry. Just in the way an alcoholic or drug addict can't control his or her behavior, neither can I. I have all of the intellectual and physical evidence in my FACE, and yet I will still eat cookies. It defies all logic.

The best I can do is pick up and keep moving. Try again, and again, and again. I don't know. But this process has certainly given me more sensitivity to addictions. It's so easy for people to say, "Just put down the crack pipe!" But really. It's not so easy. Cookies are my crack!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #1102
Senior LCF Member

Hugs to you girl! And you know, at least you are asking questions. Many others would have thrown in the towel and quit. You are not quitting and that, my friend, is a success!

I do not LC. I wish I could but the very thought of restricting any kind of food sends me into binge mode. So if I know I can eat ice cream on an UD, I can be very happy. I don't necessarily have to eat the ice cream but I know I can and it keeps me sane. So I just keep to my calories and so far (knock on wood) it is working.

Cookies are just ONE of my cracks!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, thank you!!

Christine, you hit the nail on the head! Addiction. Addiction to cookies or wheat or sugar in it's pure form. It's all relative. I can actually imagine giving up cookies forever...but pizza? No way! I think I (we're) finished searching for the magic bullet. We know there is no magic in this. It's hard work, and persistence and I wish it were not that way. Still, some days I look for the magic...and wish it was in the "crack"...but it's not there either.

Laura, I sometimes want to quit, but I absolutely can not give up on myself. And you're right, the whole purpose of JUDDD is to relieve the pressure of dieting day in and day out, so I can have pizza if I want. I know this (refer to magic bullet speech above ) and that's why JUDD has worked so well for me in the past. I was in pure panic mode for awhile, that's for sure. Today is a DD and I will take it one calorie at a time.

Thank you both for responding, I needed so desperately to be told something that made sense, but mostly to be told that it's okay to be confused, I'm not the only one spazzing out upon occasion, just don't give up.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My strategy for today is:

Stay under 500 calories
Postpone eating until I am actually "really" hungry
Drink 8 glasses of water
Get in thirty minutes of movement (besides work)
Have positive self-talk.

Speaking of magic bullets and how they don't exist...I actually felt like JUDDD was my magic bullet and when I gained weight and couldn't (wouldn't) stay on my DD I felt the magic was gone. But you know what? It's not magic, it's me. I need to work the program in order for it to work. And when I do, it is magic. (This is part of my positive self-talk ) I know it works and I've proven in the past that I have the ability to rock it long term. I know I'm not perfect, I know I make mistakes, I know that is no reason to give up. So I won't.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1105
Senior LCF Member

Oh Blonde! You are so right!

I am really working on getting myself out of the "how much can I lose by XX date" because I KNOW there will be slip ups. I know the holidays are coming. Not that I am giving myself a free ticket but I want to enjoy my family and this year we are making tamales together. So, I know that I will indulge and I may gain some weight but I also know that coming back and restarting are not optional. Last time I did that was an epic fail. So I may take some side trips but I am not leaving the journey. It may take a bit longer but that's okay. All I have is time.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kudos Laura! Part of the raw deal on diets is missing life events with family. Making tamales sounds wonderful! You're right, don't worry about time. If you JUDDD it will work. If you fall off and get back as soon as humanly possible, it will work. One of the great things about the Holidays is having the best of everything and still getting healthy. If you can, "plan" your up days around the Holidays. If you know in advance you are going to have two or three up days in a row, own it and then plan your next down day. That's what I did before and even though my loss was slow, it was still a loss. Thanks for bein' my JUDDD bud!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #1107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD today! I drove myself to the mountains yesterday to visit my BFF who had foot surgery. It was a gorgeous day!

Rockin my DD with black, Iced coffee and torani SF vanilla.

Toast & eggbeater 95
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cleaned my house and just finished running around my LCF's journals...

Maggie is going away again, I wish she wouldn't.
Elgee is away for the weekend (I am envious).
Danielle is working her butt off, I don't know how she does it.
Christine is planking away and getting stronger everyday.
Jan is absent and I keep hoping she'll check in.
Stacy is around but it's hard to catch her.
I haven't heard from Dawn in ages......

I think these journals are a wonderful tool and a way to express feelings and frustrations and momentum and victories...to receive love and support from people in the same frame of mind. To get better, feel better, look better and for myself to be at peace with me. To understand that we're not alone on this journey to "better than now".

I don't want to be a movie star, I just don't want to need the scooter at Walmart. I don't want to be a femme fatale...I want to be able to bathe myself in my old age, to not be a burden on my family, to dress myself and walk to the park and not have to shop at specialty stores for nice clothes. I want to be able to pick myself up if I fall down (literally). To go to the zoo with my grandkids and not need a wheelchair. To work in my garden and rake my own leaves and bend over and still be able to stand back up. Sure... I want to look nice. That's such a small part of who I am. This is not a journey of vanity. It's a journey for health and well being, of living and moving and doing...and being a part of something bigger than myself. People grow old (if they're lucky). That's a fact. I don't ever want be in a bad way because I didn't have the courage to change.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm with you, Blonde! Those are laudable goals; health is more important than many people realize until it's too late. Good for you for having the right mindset!!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine, just trying to keep things in perspective. I want to be healthy. To that end, DH and I rescued my exercycle, cleaned it up and brought it in for me. I'm excited to have it back in the house!

Yesterdays DD was 390...pretty low for me!

Saturday swap meet, they wanted new prices for old, like it all had a gold lining or something...I bought a sweet wicker picnic basket for the Z-Car to hold a sheet for the ground and drinks and snacks for our road trips! The weather today is mild for a change, fall seems to be coming, finally.