Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #1051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Yay!! I'm so happy you loved it! Isn't it a little miracle? I used a blender for mine and sprinkled in the gluc while it was running. As for the lumps, if I thicken chicken broth and it has a few little lumps, it's kinda like dumplings!

I don't know if I can eat once a day all the time, but I did it today and had a great big chicken salad for dinner. I'm not going to push it though. If I can I will and if I can't I'll eat more often. I don't want to make things harder than they already can be.

A marine layer is essentially fog that rolls in off the ocean. A dripping marine layer is so wet that it "rains" but is under the radar and not true rain, just drip drip drip. When it burns off in the sunshine it's like it was never there, clear skies. Are you up or down tomorrow?
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #1052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I broke my fast today with the remainder of my gluc lemon pudding. I love the feeling of an empty stomach, that I can almost lay on my back without a mound of tummy sticking up (almost)., that I can actually suck it in instead of declaring "I am sucking it in".....!

Mentally stoked this morning, I can feel the resolve in my attitude. I've been looking for this feeling for quite a while and couldn't seem to get back here.It's so good to be back!

Lunch out today with my BFF!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good for you, Blonde! That's such a great feeling, isn't it?
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I broke my fast today with the remainder of my gluc lemon pudding. I love the feeling of an empty stomach, that I can almost lay on my back without a mound of tummy sticking up (almost)., that I can actually suck it in instead of declaring "I am sucking it in".....!

Mentally stoked this morning, I can feel the resolve in my attitude. I've been looking for this feeling for quite a while and couldn't seem to get back here.It's so good to be back!

Lunch out today with my BFF!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF! The start of my third DD this week and I'm actually okay with it. I measured my coffee creamer today to make sure I wasn't going over 60 calories for my two cups of coffee. I mixed 1 tbs of fat free half n half w/ 1 tbs sf vanilla creamer. 25 calories but not so hot. My last cup was 30 calories of just creamer and it was pretty good. My plan is to hold off on eating as long as I can, to be actually hungry before I eat. I have boiled eggs for breakfast when I'm ready and salad fixin's for dinner. I'm making the lemon pudding for later, using half almond milk, half water for 20 calorie total.

Coffee~ 55

Yep, Christine it feels great! I had this mindset last year and it carried me through a year of JUDDD, 40lbs down. In the last 9 months I've struggled. My home life changed dramatically with the arrival of my DD34 and family, the wedding of my DD27, illness, quitting smoking, DH being a pain about all of it and me sinking, sinking, stressed to the max and kicking myself for not moving forward in my own plans. That is behind me now. I know my life will not be stress-free, and I'll be challenged all the time but I feel really positive and strong right now. I need to be able to get to this place every time I falter. Being able to talk about these things and get such good feed back from my friends here makes it all possible.

Maggie dear Indeed.

I may check in later.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #1056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made a new pudding to try out today:

4 oz water
4oz almond milk (20)
1 packet tangerine-strawberry drink mix (0)
1/2 tsp gluc powder (0)

I took a little taste before I stuck it in the fridge, oh my goodness I think this one is going to be really yummy!

I ate a boiled egg, too.

so I'm at 108 calories, so far. I feel really good but I think I need to get out of the house and stay busy for awhile.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
You are doing so great! I'm very proud of you.

I'm two weeks in and am getting that restless, don't want to diet feeling. Hope it is just TOM hormones.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new pic! And that looks exactly like my son's car!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #1058
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So incredibly proud of you girlfriend. You are rockin this thing!!!!

LOVE the new avi!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the new Avi. as well Blonde. Have a fullfilling weekend!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad to hear it, Blonde!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning my LC BFF's!! Thanks for the kudos on the new avi. Somehow I lost my old picture and I can't find a good replacement. This one will work for awhile, I think. I love this little car! VR-OOOOM!

The tangerine-strawberry pudding was the tastiest yet! It was "strawberry-parfait"! and it carried me through my DD yesterday. I've been so careful to stay at or below 500 and the gluc pudding is the thing that makes it work. I also found Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea, zero calories and really soothing. I put a pinch of pure stevia in it and breath it in. Yum.

Up day today and "boy howdy" I am ready.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tic tic tic. Waiting for DH to get out of bed, thinking I'm starving so I'm trying an experiment:

1 srv Light n Fit Greek Vanilla yogurt
2tbs oat bran (per Dr. Dukan)
1/4 cp almond milk

Nuked the bran and milk for one minute, I'm letting it sit and thicken up nicely. I'm eating the two for breakfast to see if this lessens feelings of hunger later in the day (and of course, right now).

I don't really like oatmeal but the oatbran is kind of chewy and not too bad, blends well with the yogurt. I could wait to have breakfast with DH but I don't want to trigger an up up and away response, it's almost 10 am and I need to eat, now. I'm still trying to avoid wheat, though not entirely. I just don't think I need it everyday, every meal.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

How was your oatbran, Blonde?

When I was doing Dukan my favorite thing was the oat bran pancake I would make. I need to see how many calories it was but it was pure yummy.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love your new pic!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #1065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good weekend, scrubbed my kitchen yesterday, spent Saturday shopping with DD34 and the grand-girls. Fun!

Monday morning down day...convincing myself that I can adapt to black coffee. I did have one cup with 20 cals of creamer, then decided to drink my 2nd cup black. Meh.

2 boiled eggs
Low fat mayo
mustard (143)

Wow DD calories sure go fast!

I have a 20 calorie lemon pudding ready to go for later and planning a chicken and romaine salad for dinner. I got this!

Hope today is a smooth sail ....
Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #1066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope Monday was good to you, Blonde! Happy Tuesday!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And a Happy Tuesday to you, Christine!

Made it through my DD! I was pretty hungry yesterday. When I came home from work I made a hot cup of chicken broth, thickened up with some gluc. It slowed down my feelings of famish really well. I ate the lemonade pudding about an hour before my chicken salad for just under 500 for the day. Not as bad as I thought it would be and it does get easier as I adjust to not eating much M-W-F. The gluc puddings help so much. Lots of fill for very little calories.

I ordered a new video on Amazon yesterday.

Moving Free Longevity Solution Easy Strength Level 1 Body Sculpting and Weight Loss Fitness/Exercise DVD For Beginners, Boomers, Women Over 50, and Active Seniors by Mirabai Holland

Yes, that is a mouth full, but all of those descriptions apply to me. I believe she uses lighter hand held weights and I really need to start at the beginning, like Dorothy in the center of Munchkin-land, and work my way upward (or downward as the case may be). It shipped today so I should have it by the end of the week. I wouldn't mind if someone gave me a "Hows that going, anyway?" It will help keep me honest.

Up day today, yippee. Coffee my way.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #1068
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hola Blonde!

Just now found your journal, and have only been able to read the last few posts, but wanted to drop in and say that I am in love with miracle noodle w/ chicken or beef broth on DD! I also went to only one meal per day on DD between 12-2. It is rather tough on days that I have had a lot of carbs or drinks on UD prior! In fact, I am ravished if I had too many carbs on UD.

Also, to get you excited...

Hey sweet fellow maintainers......

After reading how easy the maintenance is on JUDDD, I am so anxious to arrive at goal weight!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Sunday!!! It's good to see you, thanks for visiting! I was really excited to find your CRON links and have shared them with my friend Laura (ellgee) here, she's doing JUDDD as well. My journal started back in Dec 2010, I lost 40lb in a little less than a year. For the last many months I've been off the grid, up and down and trying like crazy to get my JUDDD MOJO back. By George, I think I've got it! I'm into my second week, and considering I couldn't get past the 2nd DD for the last few weeks I'm feeling really positive.

I went over to check out the maintenance thread, and you're right, it's exciting to see people who've made it and are maintaining using JUDDD. I would really like to lose 20lbs by Christmas, that will put me where I ended last year. I was up about 13lbs after several months of goofing off, then I quit smoking and now I'm up about 17lbs. (My stats do not reflect my current weight, I can't bring myself to do it, so I'm working hard to make it true) Not to worry, it's all going away soon. If I can lose 20lbs by the end of the year, I'll feel successful, and I'll be back in Onederland. I don't think it matters much, as long as I'm turning it around.

Thanks for the link. I'm interested in anything like this that you find!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 09-18-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #1070
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm with you on the 20 by the end of the year, Blonde! Fifteen weeks from TODAY is January 1. We can do this!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #1071
Senior LCF Member

Count me in on the 20 by the end of the year! We can do this, ladies!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Tell me how you like your very long named DVD. I am always on the lookout for workouts that don't feel like workouts. I have the Callanetics that I enjoyed, some yoga DVDs. I just need to get off my duff and do them!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde you CAN so do this! Onederland accomplished by the New Year is the focus, go for it. I rememeber when I got to ONEderland in May of this year and I remember how I wanted it soooo bad. ONEderland for me was like making it all the way to my ultimate goal and I am still flying high off of it. Maintaining and not seeing 200 in front of me on the scale is my goal for awhile and it is work! Here to cheer you on.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ladies!

Christine, I reckon we have an unofficial challenge! 20lbs gone by Dec 31, 2012 or in my case Onederland...which is virtually one and the same. That's really exciting, I needed a goal and now I have friends with a goal as well! YAY! When I restarted JUDDD I was back up to 219.2. I haven't wanted to weigh in at all, but I will in the morning (after my DD) to get a read on where I am....I do realize that not smoking had a bit to do with the big jump in pounds, at least that is behind me.

Laura, I'll let you know about the DVD, I should get it tomorrow! We got this lady!

Maggie, you must be so proud of all the work you've done, and I can't wait to NOT see 200 in front of me.

Work day and DD today. I was really bored yesterday and found myself wandering in and out of the kitchen..in and out, open the fridge, close the fridge, open the cabinets, open the fridge....I really need to find something constructive to do on my days off....

Coffee- 60 (yikes)
2 boiled eggs-108

I used Walden Farms dressing to make my deviled eggs today, it was good and added no additional calories!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 09-19-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: adding info
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #1074
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do that too Blonde with the opening of the cabinets and such. I am certainly a work in progress so I will work on that one. A goal is a good thing and we shouldn't get all crazed if we don't get it done by a particular date so long as we have one. I am focusing as well to drop at least 20 lbs. by Christmas Day so we shall see. Today I am 2 lbs. up from my last weigh in(175.6) when in weightloss mode and I am allowing a 5 lb. up window but need to reel it in if I plan to reach my goal for Christmas Day. One day at a time for me because that is truly all I can do. Have a nice Wednesday Blonde and KUTGW!

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-19-2012 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I will shoot for 20 as well!

I just realized that you are a pro at JUDDD because you have done this previously and lost well! I have to admit that it took me a year after reading up and studying about it to actually drop all of my other plans and just JUDDD! I guess at my age, 54, I was frightened to fail at yet another plan.

Congrats on quitting smoking! I smoked for a brief time when I was young and I remember how good it feels to quit. The first thing I did when I quit, I went and purchased new furniture for my living area with the money that I saved from dropping the habit!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Sunday!

I don't know about being a pro but I have used JUDDD to lose more weight than I ever did on any other program and I've done many. I can relate to your feelings of "not another failure"...I can always tell (now) when I'm getting desperate, I start looking at (or buying) new diet books. OY! I have bought possibly 30 or more diet books over the years. The year that I followed JUDDD I didn't buy (or look at) a single diet book. I knew it was time to come back.

Great that you're joining us on our unofficial challenge! You are very close to goal, yes?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #1077
Senior LCF Member

Hey friend how is your DD going? I like when work is really busy on my DDs because it passes so quickly!

I made a gluc pudding yesterday that was super yummy:

1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
packet or two of Splenda
SF Starbuck's Vanilla syrup
1/2 t gluc powder

Mixed it up in my magic bullet and stuck it in the fridge to set up and then put some frozen peaches on top before eating. Whole thing was 45 calories and really tasted like vanilla pudding! You bet your bippy I'm making some more tomorrow!

And you should be proud of your weight! Do you know what an accomplishment that is? And all amidst the stopping smoking? You are doing great!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 09-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #1078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(Laura, my ex-husband's grandfather used to use the expression "you bet your sweet bippy" and it always cracked me up!)

Mornin' Blonde!!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #1079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Good Mornin' my girls!!! " You bet your sweet bippy" was one of the many hilarious "lines" to come out of "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In". I watched as a kid and loved the show. It launched Goldie Hawn's career along with many others.

My DD was fabulous! I was busy, yep that helps A LOT! I came home from work and made chicken broth w/Gluc powder. It would make a nice gravy minus flour with a few additional spices! It totally hit the spot and held me over til dinner. I came in at around 478 calories yesterday. Laura your pudding sounds yummy! I'm making an experimental pudding today with "boxed" unsweetened cocoanut milk, vanilla, gluc and stevia. It's 60 calories per cup so an up day is the time to try it. If I like it I can use 1/2 water next time. Or maybe a chocolate almond milk - cocoanut milk combo...the possibilities are only limited by the imagination. It's great to have something filling that uses so few calories. I want to try beef broth as well.....

Weigh-in this morning. 217. That's 2.2 pounds in a week and a half. I am going to have to fight for every ounce. I already knew this, and I can do it. I'm changing my stats to the correct weight, keeps me honest and gives me a reason to change it over as I progress. Oh yeah, I'm going to progress.

PS: I also lowered my goal weight 5 pounds to 135. I just like the way that sounds.....

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 09-20-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

Yep - Laugh-In was where I remember bippy from!

Hey girl - 2.2 pounds is NOTHING to sneeze at! That's almost 9 sticks of butter! Where would you like those attached to your body?

I plan to work the gluc tonight when I get home. I really need to add it to some broth.