Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #991
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hang in there honey! One foot in front of the other, right?

Have a beautiful day lovey! ♥
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #992
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Just checkin' in.....thinkin' I'm having such a hard time adhering to anything that I need to incorporate low carb into my JUDDD activities. Low carb/JUDDD will enable me to stick to plan better (I think) because cravings will decrease. (I hope)
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Blonde I sooo hate cravings. Low carb eating should help, it stinks that one has to eat this way but it seems to control the cravings for many. I crave my worst before and after TOM, it is the worst time. Wishing for you the best course of action.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Blonde I sooo hate cravings. Low carb eating should help, it stinks that one has to eat this way but it seems to control the cravings for many. I crave my worst before and after TOM, it is the worst time. Wishing for you the best course of action.

Magie - YOU are doing GREAT!!!! I think that there should be a cross-country billboard that reinforces, and announces to all that "it stinks that one has to eat this way". I know I didn't believe, or even consider, when I was the right weight.

How are you tonight, Blonde?

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Ladies! I sure do appreciate your input! I'm going to add a few things to the "it stinks" comment:

It stinks that I have to worry about my weight at all.
It stinks that I can't be just normal.
It stinks that carbs make me crave everything else
It stinks that bread and pasta (my fav foods) make me want more of the same, most of the time!

On the other hand:
It's great that I can "cure" my cravings by laying off the carbs.
It's great to have such wonderful support from my LC friends.
It's great to have a place to vent where someone(s) will listen and provide the guidance I can't get anywhere else...And who never judge me for chasing my tail again.

I am an addict. I love carbs. I will tell myself anything to make it okay to indulge in my carbs. I will lie to myself to have spaghetti, or garlic bread or spanish rice, or birthday cake or anything else I think I need. I'm the same with cigarettes. I can't smoke one cigarette once a week or only when I'm out or just this once. I'm certain of my tobacco addiction and I stay far away from it. I haven't smoked in 28 (29?) days. So why can't I apply the same mindset to carbs? I feel like I'm lurching around in the dark with my arms stretched in front me...blind and lost. With smoking I know all the rules, I know the dangers and still I would go back (not anymore, I'm finished with all that). So knowing all the dangers of carbs, for me and a lot of other people ( High blood pressure, pre-diabetic, overweight, bad knees) I still find reasons for it to be okay to indulge. I quit smoking one day at a time so I'm going to quit carbs the same way. Yesterday was day one.

Monday:
B: Eggs
L: Salmon and Salad
D: Chicken and Salad
chopped pecans and a little cheddar as salad garnish.

Tuesday: Nothing but coffee, so far.

If I treat this as an addiction, knowing there will be times when I think I have to have them (carbs), I'll just say no. I also know that even LC bread is a trigger for me. So no bread, LC or otherwise. This is war.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde you so have a way with words. I too am a carb addict and I am Diabetic(at least have been diagnosd since 2009). My BS are under control because of watching my sugar intake and I do take a medication but without the med's my BS is under control as long as I watch it. One day at a time is the way to go for me because the bread and all the wrong things to eat just call to me, or it might be in my head. Your plan looks solid and I am here to support you in any way I can. You can do this Blonde. You are conquering the cigarettes and I know you will conquer the weight battle. Even when I make my weight loss goal I know I will have to work just as hard at keeping it off. When I lost the first big amount of weight this year I always would go up a few pounds with just not paying attention to what I was eating. It will be an on going process for me I am sure. One day at a time Blonde, one day at a time.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much Maggie! I know I have to be ever-vigilant about cigarettes. I know if I smoke ONE, others will follow. Same thing with foods that allow me to lose control. It's definitely an ongoing process and the only cure for this kind of addiction is to stay away from the offending foods, one day at a time. Today I will not eat the offending carbs.

B: 2 eggs
L: Salad with chicken and a sprinkle of pecans.
D: Taco salad made with turkey and a sprinkle of cheddar.
Lots of Iced tea!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
you are sooo strong blonde!!!!

anything fun happening for you these days?

jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan I don't think of myself as strong, at least when it comes to controlling my diet. I do have moments, even days of strong and that's when I have to take advantage of it. Like today for example, I'm having to apply my strength to keep from caving. Two days low carb, this morning I woke up with a runny nose. I can't tell yet if it's allergies or a cold or even toxins trying to leave me. Of course my first thought was "uh oh, low carb is making me sick"....isn't that a hoot? That's my addiction talking.

Anything fun.....well I did go to the beach on Sunday. That was fun! Taking advil for my bum hip and going to work this morning in spite of the voice that says "call in sick, they'll understand". Another strength exercise.

B: LC Protein Shake
L: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
D: Leftover turkey taco meat w/ yellow squash and BIG salad.

Woo Hoo!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF, seriously.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Blonde, hope you aren't getting sick? It could be the low carb flu symptoms you are experiencing. Hang in there it will come and go just keep working through it, I know it is easier said than done however.

Hope you have a grand weekend.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Low carb flu??? Maybe...I had what appeared to be a head cold for 24 hours, then cold gone but a sore throat...today just a little achy, but I've been achy for several days. Where would I find info on such a thing? LC Flu?

I'm still LC'ing like crazy, probably way under thirty grams a day. The only carbs I've been eating are romaine, cabbage and a few carrot strings that come in the salad bag. Last night I had two glasses of pinot noir, but it was medicinal...yep I needed it to feel better. I eventually want to transition back into JUDDD, that's when I feel the best but I need to make myself strong enough to endure the 500 calorie days. Once I get going I'm like a machine, but I have to be into it a few weeks to feel that way. Either way I want to keep my carbs low and to NOT eat wheat if I must have a grain. I don't believe I'm celiac at all, but I do have a strong addiction to wheat pasta and wheat bread. More more more. I'm exploring the notion of coconut flour, almond meal etc. For special treats only.

I have not said anything about this to the fam....they are probably sick of my shenanigans. Only those who have been down this road will understand the need to shift gears and change course in order to stay on track.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #1003
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's called "Induction Flu" and some people feel pretty BLAHHHH for a few days and then it passes. You could look up more information on Atkins Induction Forum I am sure. I am here cheering you on Blonde and I hear you on feeling batty about what to eat, believe you me I have my days of this. I will always be a work in progress and I need to embrace this fact to continue on my journey. So glad you feel comfortable enough to come on here and reach out to others that frankly are in the same boat(pointing to myself here ). Have a nice night.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #1004
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to make sure you keep making positive steps in the journey. People may not understand it, but hopefully they will just support. Anyone who hasn't had a struggle with weightloss will never understand the need to shift gears. But, like anything, I don't ever ask anyone to understand (or like, for that matter!) my decisions or choices, but just to support me in what I do.

I'm getting excited for you just listening to hear you discuss your plans to transition...THIS is the girl we all know and love!

Induction flu sucks rocks! However, it could be a cold too? Take care of you!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #1005
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
It's called "Induction Flu" and some people feel pretty BLAHHHH for a few days and then it passes. You could look up more information on Atkins Induction Forum I am sure. I am here cheering you on Blonde and I hear you on feeling batty about what to eat, believe you me I have my days of this. I will always be a work in progress and I need to embrace this fact to continue on my journey. So glad you feel comfortable enough to come on here and reach out to others that frankly are in the same boat(pointing to myself here ). Have a nice night.

Thanks for the cheers Maggie, I surely need them! Works in progress we are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to make sure you keep making positive steps in the journey. People may not understand it, but hopefully they will just support. Anyone who hasn't had a struggle with weightloss will never understand the need to shift gears. But, like anything, I don't ever ask anyone to understand (or like, for that matter!) my decisions or choices, but just to support me in what I do.

I'm getting excited for you just listening to hear you discuss your plans to transition...THIS is the girl we all know and love!

Induction flu sucks rocks! However, it could be a cold too? Take care of you!!
Danielle I sometimes feel that I have to justify my lack of progress.
Still feeling a little "iffy" in the health department.

You will both be excited to know I'm baking flax foccacia bread, as we speak. It smells pretty good but we'll see how it tastes. I'm tired of whining about bread so I'm trying out this recipe by Laura Dolson. I used olive oil because that's what I have but I hope it's good enough to remake with coconut oil.

Yesterday we went to Moonlight Beach and walked along the water for a couple of miles (round trip), it was so nice. The water temp was 70 degrees. We had gone to lunch, I had a very unsatisfying salad (honestly mine are better) and the walk made up for the salad. Last night I had a couple of burger patties with a little cheddar and two glasses of pinot noir.

Uh oh, the timer is beeping, time to check the bread.

Just a note:
Two nights in a row I've dreamed of my brother who passed a couple of years ago. In both dreams I knew he was sick but last night he died in my dream. I don't know why this is coming up now. Disturbing, but I figure I'm trying to work something out in my sleep.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have you eaten Flax before Blonde? If you have I think this recipe will be a good alternative for you. I like the Minute Muffin and it has Flax seed in it. The walk on the beach sounded heavenly and you got some great exercise in, you should be sooo proud of yourself. As far as progress in the weight department you have nothing to prove to anyone except yourself. We are not just about a number on the scale but so much more. As far as the dream, not sure seems interesting however. I know we all dream many dreams a night but it is funny I rarely recall my dreams, hubby says I am blessed in that area but not sure.

Hope you enjoy your bread and it satsifies you.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie! Nope this is my first flax adventure, I hope I like it, I really need bread alternatives. You know you're so right, we don't have to prove anything, I wish I were as nice and understanding to myself as others are to me. something to work on I think.

Sometimes I go for weeks and don't remember my dreams so it's strange to me to remember two in row and have them be about the same subject matter.

The bread is cooling on the stove top.....
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have you been thinking about him alot lately? We have such powerful minds as you well know and maybe that is why you have been dreaming about him lately? I know when I was younger I watched the movie War of the Worlds and I dreamt about that movie for what seemed like weeks and always I was scooping up my baby sister up from the front lawn and running in the house and trying to hide from the Aliens that were trying to take over the world. Literally weeks I dreamt this until one day it just stopped. My mom got concerned when I told her the Aliens were one day going to take over the world. Dreams are interesting that is for sure.

Enjoy a piece of your bread for me, I had a minute muffin yesterday so none today.

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-27-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes he's been on my mind a lot, but he always is...
The Wizard of Oz caused me to have tornado dreams!

The flax bread is really good! Now that I've made it, I can think of many ways to improve it~ herbs and spices, using butter or coconut oil to change the flavor. Yippee!! It makes twelve servings at .7 carb grams each. I'm only having one piece until I know how my gut will react....
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Yes he's been on my mind a lot, but he always is...
The Wizard of Oz caused me to have tornado dreams!

The flax bread is really good! Now that I've made it, I can think of many ways to improve it~ herbs and spices, using butter or coconut oil to change the flavor. Yippee!! It makes twelve servings at .7 carb grams each. I'm only having one piece until I know how my gut will react....
The flax meal should make your digestive tract feel full and that is a good thing. I hope you don't have any other bad reactions to it. I enjoy flax and have it on occasion. Minute Muffin in a cup sliced into 4 small pieces makes great French Toast for me along with cinnamon, butter and some SF Syrup. Yep, there are many ways to make different breads and you are great at trying new recipes, unlike myself so that is good.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #1011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Maggie, No tummy trouble at all and I did feel full today! I'm so excited about the flax bread!

Did I tell you that I have a Montel Williams food processor/blender thingy? Oh, a HEALTHMASTER? Anyway, on Sunday I whirred up a bunch (I mean a lot) of tomatoes, an onion, some bell peppers, anaheim chiles, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and made a VAT of homemade tomatoes sauce. I cooked it all together for a couple of hours and it's pretty good~ PLUS no seeding, peeling chopping etc. I put four quart size freezer bags in the freezer. I came home today and heated up two cups of it with a a couple tbls of whipping cream and two tbls of grated parmesan, and a pinch of stevia. I am in tomato soup heaven.......Yummy.

Minute muffin in a cup...do you have a recipe?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have seen Montel Williams HeathMaster on a informercial. I have a Magic Bullet and am a little disappointed in it so I am pretty leery these days about T.V. products. Do you like it? Does it get the job done? Your soup sounds divine, it's too bad I hate to try new things especially trying new food recipes for the family. Your soup sounds easy though so I don't know what I am talking about.

Minute Muffin

You will need a coffee cup and a microwave.
Cook ingredients for 1 minute(hence the name Minute Muffin) I always cook it a little over a minute because sometimes the top of it isn't fully cooked.

Ingredients

1/4 C. Flax Seed Meal
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Splenda or a packet
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Egg
1 to 2 Tbsp. of Butter

Mix all the ingrdients together inside the coffee cup(you don't need to grease the cup with cooking spray) with a fork really good. Place cup in microwave for 1 minute or slightly more than a minute. Pull out and tap sides of cup and let muffin fall on a plate and slice it into pieces of your choice. You can eat it with cream cheese, or butter or some also cut into a few slices to put in the toaster to make a breakfast sandwich(haven't tried this yet).

I like it because it is fast and I don't like cooking so it works.

I believe the whole Muffin is 1.5 carbs.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie, thanks for the recipe! I'll give it a try soon!

I love my healthmaster! I've had it a couple of years and I've used it for whole food smoothies etc. It will make drinks out of the whole veg and fruit. I originally got it so I could eat more greens. This was the first time I used it for making sauce and it made everything easy.

I'm not sleeping as well on this low carb regimen, I've had a bit of insomnia the last two nights (so I've had no Carb-coma). Work again today. The never-ending pasta bowl brings in all kinds. I mean all kinds.

Yesterday I had:

Flax open face sandwich w/ turkey n cheese
Homemade Tomato soup
Chicken salad
1 glass of pinot noir (and now I'm out)
2 tbls Peanut Butter
Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmmmm...starting my day with dinner for breakfast. Extra lean sirloin patty with sauteed mushrooms and longhorn cheddar on top. This identical to what I ate for dinner last night except no mushrooms and lots of lettuce.

Not much to report today, going to work and then trying to get some housework done....slightly bored with the lowcarb but hangin' just the same.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Sounds like a delicious breakfast to me!!! Hope yesterday was great and that today is even better.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Christine!! How ya doin"? You been missing in action, what? You have a life?

I'm doing well. I'm jazzed about the flax bread but I'm getting bored with low carb and I know that's my own fault. Part of the problem is that it's too hot to cook or even use the crockpot which is responsible for all kinds of delicious protein dishes. I am hanging in anyway. I had flax bread and a egg for breakfast and I'm going out to lunch for a really good chicken salad. I'm missing pizza and pasta so I need to figure out a way to get that sans wheat and oodles of carbs. AND both those items require cooking...so, probably not. Maybe I need a nice shrimp and crab salad?

I walked the park today with the girls and I've promised them lunch out tomorrow since it's our last day together...school is starting next Tuesday and they'll be there all week instead of here, with me. I've vowed to continue walking alone in the mornings, it's very good for me. Summer kinda flew by, hot and steamy weather and me with no pool.

Anybody have any thoughts on surimi? The zero fat, man made "crab" flakes and sticks? Are they high carb or do they bring back cravings? I have to say my cravings are well under control and it's only the "wantings" that are bothering me. I miss carby crunchy stuff....chips etc. I don't miss fruit or sweets at all. I'm having a flirtation with peanut butter, I need at least a tablespoon in the evening, long after dinner is done. Would it be better just to get peanuts in the shell and eat them one at a time? That might cover the crunch factor....Another thing about lowcarb the scares me is the "fat". Is it okay to eat low fat stuff like mayo or dressing or cheeses or is that counter productive? Thoughts anyone?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF, again. I am so tired today, my body feels very heavy and walking the park today with the girls felt like I had cement shoes. It's very humid this morning and the girls were cranky but we made it through, spent some time at the playground and came home for muffins (well, not me). They both wanted to watch Narnia Dawn Treader and for once I'm letting them watch TV.

I caved yesterday and had pasta, not a huge deal except that I did not sleep well at all and this morning my tummy is unhappy with me. I had greek yogurt for breakfast in hope of correcting it. All I really want to do is go back to bed. I'm so ready for fall and all it's splendor. warm days, crisp cool nights, changing leaves and changing shadows. I'm babysitting with sleepover tomorrow so even my weekend is slightly tainted. Wah! What a crybaby!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think maybe I need a few days off....I'll be back on Tuesday September 4th with a better attitude. Have a great long weekend!
Blonde~
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #1019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your weekend Blonde!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #1020
Blabbermouth!!!

The idea behind consuming fat on a low carb plan is that fat helps keep you fuller and burning more. Anything that's lowfat you have to consider that there is something else added to it to make it taste palatable (is that even possible? :lol) and will also be more carb count because of it....mmmmmmm fat tastes good. Higher fat, moderate protein, and low carbs makes you a fat burning machine. Don't be afraid of fat! If you do some searching just here on LCF you'll see many many people who have worked the plan religiously and have beautiful bloodwork/weightloss because of it.

Have a great weekend honey!!!!