Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So proud of you!

Has she said why she thinks up/down is bad? It's a fabulous way to keep your body guessing. Hmmmm, gummy bears and twizzlers... if ONLY!

Mindset is EVERYTHING!!! I am more convinced of it everyday. We got this!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I'm not sure, I think she may be projecting a bit, thinking that it would be too hard for her... I get that.

I lost a ton of water weight overnight, had to get up and pee just about every hour. I think I'm going to weigh in once a week to keep accountable and try not to read too much into it. I'm never gonna weigh daily but I did weigh yesterday as the first day, and got on the scale this morning because I got rid of so much water. It was a huge whoosh but basically put me back to where I am now, since I was waaay up. Mindset. We DO have this! It brings us back again and again. Never give up, never surrender.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #934
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Congratulations on your fresh start! And without cigs! Well done :-)

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday July 30th-2012

I've successfully completed 2 down days and I feel pretty good. This is day 11, no smoking.

Yesterday was a DD and I was worried because it was Sunday and not my fav day to be down. I warned DH Saturday night that Sunday was a DD so don't invite me to breakfast or it would bum me out. We went out in the Z-car to Descanso and banged around a couple of antique/junk shops, found some cool stuff, brought it home. Then on to Mt Soledad Memorial in La Jolla, followed by visiting Torrey Pines Glider Port to watch the paragliders sail around the cliffs by the ocean. The weather was perfect, I barely thought about eating. I was calorie free the entire time, DH ate some cashews and trail mix. When we got home I had soup first and salad later and ended my day at 425 calories. Sweet.

Today is an up day (yay) and a work day. My craft room is complete and gorgeous so when I went in this morning and found enormous piles of dog poo, needless to say was...um...uh...very angry. While we were enjoying a day away yesterday my dog (75lb) and my two foster dogs (85lb, 60lb) got into the milk bones and polished it off. It was a very big box. Did I beat them? No, but I wanted to beat them. I cleaned up the mess this morning and shamed them. The smaller of the three big dogs just looked at me and wagged. Sheesh. What a maroon.

On that note......

Blonde~
Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Blonde, those naughty dogs! Glad you didn't beat them however.
Your weekend sounded wonderful so you should be off to a great week. Have a good Monday!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sure eventually I'll stop counting but right now it's DD #3 and Day 12 no smoke.

Took the grandkids on a 65 minute walk this morning. I need the exercise and they needed the you-know-what and vinegar run out of them. They had eggs and toast, I had chicken broth with hot sauce. We are all in our own corner doing our own thing at the moment.

Danielle, naughty dogs indeed. There was a repeat performance this morning (only one of them) and I started my day mad. I have the girls til noon and I'm seriously considering taking a nap after. My neighbor is re-doing his fence in vinyl of all things, the dogs are restricted to the side yard and rebelling (obviously), DD1's 2lb chihuahua is in heat and is quite literally a bee-atch, DD2's two dogs are thankfully staying home today. Doggy daycare from hell. I wil make it through this day, hopefully the fence will be completed by tomorrow at the latest.

I am kinda hungry right now but I have some soup planned for lunchtime and salad for dinner so I'll be fine. I think a lot has to do with my "world" being all jacked up and out of sorts due to events beyond my control (like the fence).

I'll try to be more positive in my head for awhile and see how that works for me....
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

I like it when you 'tell it how it is" LOL! I don't do dogs, ever, so I would not be a happy camper in your shoes right now.

You did everything right today! Wow!

an
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan! Yeah, I'm a dog lover from always but they certainly make me rethink the love part. I'm so glad to hear from you!

Yesterday, my gosh I was starving! It must have been the walk. I had 400 calories for lunch after the girls left for the B&G CLub. Sauteed cabbage, chicken breast, and Laughing cow cheese wedge....and a spoonful of reduced fat peanut butter....and a fat free ice cream cone at about 120 calories. I had to put on the brakes, hard (I almost bit my tongue). Then, I fell asleep in DH's easy chair for two hours! Later on, after eight o'clock pm I had two homegrown tomatoes and a saucer of baby carrots with Fage 0%. I'm thinking 650~700 calories yesterday which isn't ideal but definitely salvageable. I think for Thursday I need to make a BIG pot of veggie soup to have on hand.

Up day today. I've been doing well on UP's, not overdoing, not indulging in fantasy meals (like lasagna, with chicken parm, garlic bread, cheesecake with fudge sauce and wine, of course). I've been making great selections and trying very hard to get in the veggies. Wine is something that I love to have with dinner but it has been a trigger to smoke in the past so right now I'm staying away from it or any other situation that makes me want to "light up".

Work day today, kid duty tonight (DD's wedding anniversary) and no walk for me since work is a... well, a work out.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #940
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing fantastic lovey! I think it's wonderful that you are paying extra attention to your triggers and are remaining strong in your faith to not go there again. You're definitely going to get through all this, and before ya know it, it will all be a thing of the past!

O.M.G. on the doggy thing!

Have a beautiful day lady!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #941
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey friend,

Thanks for persistently checking on me. I'm here. Need to read back and see all that is going on with you! Hope it is all good!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura my friend! Good you came back, I wasn't sure what to do if crying didn't work! I'm happy you're back, it's all gonna be good. I left you a long message in your journal.

Thanks Dani, for the words of wisdom. Isn't it funny how sometimes we flounder around but always have good words for our sisters, here? There's wisdom aplenty and I feel so fortunate to have such good and caring friends. None of us will let the other drift away, at least not for very long.

DD today. I walked with the GD's 1&2 at the park then let them play at the playground for awhile. When I drop them off I need to go get Nic Patches for Step 2. 14 days today, no smoke and ready to start the next smaller patch. I want to delay eating until I get back from the store. My last DD was really hard and I am planning better today. I'm using what I've learned from WW to have better up days and so I will use that knowledge for DD's as well. Whatever works, right?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #943
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
and Wishing you the best my dear~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not letting you go by any means Blonde. I WILL hunt you down. Do the same for me pleeeze. Not being on the forums left me with an unproductive year and needless to say I was truly miserable. It took the first step in reaching out to get me back on track and the encouragement has always been a +. We can make this happen for ourselves Blonde, just one day at a time and one step at a time.

Have a fantastic night!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome and hello Kimberly, thank you so much for your kind words. Come and visit anytime! We're all rowing as fast as we can.

You bet Maggie! I know about squandered time as well, and we know better now! I'm so proud of you and your achievements. You're not going anywhere, Me neither.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last note for today....

Did my walk
Washed some clothes....
cabbage (cooked) and turkey & LC wedge in a 100 calorie wrap~270
230 left to play with...yay!
Tea, water, tea, water.....

Ride in the car planned for after DH gets home.

One more day before the weekend and I can sleep past 5am. Priceless.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #947
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoy your ride!!

You're kickin it today lady!

Rowing as fast as we can......that doesn't even begin to explain it.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #948
Major LCF Poster!

"as fast as we can"... "as good as we can get"...

it's not a race or a competition (tho it feels like that to me) We can ALL succeed.

WE, YOU AND ME, ARE ALREADY GOOD!

and we'd be sooooo much better if we could sleep late! LOL! DANG!

Let's all pray to the sleep angels :-)

Jan
Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
"as fast as we can"... "as good as we can get"...

it's not a race or a competition (tho it feels like that to me) We can ALL succeed.

WE, YOU AND ME, ARE ALREADY GOOD!

and we'd be sooooo much better if we could sleep late! LOL! DANG!

Let's all pray to the sleep angels :-)

Jan
You know, I agree completely. We are already good. I wish I felt that all the time. When I do feel it I'm more successful. And yes, thank goodness this is not a competition. I do not compete well. It's more like a marathon to me, like it never ends....
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #950
Blabbermouth!!!

I tend to be the "all-or-nothing" girl, which has often led to the competition mode. This time around, somehow, I've managed to shake that feeling and have allowed myself *mess-ups* knowing that I AM ok. That I still deserve my goal. It's that perfection mindset that has ruined me every time and this time I think I've finally found my balance, "my groove", if you will. I'm me, doing the very best I can, and that's all I can expect.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Right you are, Dani. All or nothing presupposes we are perfect, and we are surely not.

DD today. 1 Tomato, a handful of baby carrots and Fage 0%. Saving up for my salad. Burned 3 1/2 hours today on a new cut and color. Got it with all the money I saved NOT smoking for 16 days. Looking forward to tomorrow and a day of fun.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

I know your hair looks lovely!!! That's a motivator in itself. YOU amazing in being successful in down days. I am in awe.

Jan
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Hi friend!

Just a blur of a drive by - out the door to work - but wanted to let you know I restarted JUDDD today. Yes, it is an UD (bwaaaaa!) but here I go!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh. Monday work day and a DD. What a stellar combination.

Jan, thank you! DD's can be sooo hard. I am also at times, in awe. I think about tomorrow, and how good I'm feeling, and how disappointed I'll be if I don't make it. I think about my goal, how much better my clothes are fitting, that I'm sleeping better, that if I don't do this I'm going to have big rebound weight from not smoking. If I make this sound easy breezy then I'm lying. I will say some DD's are easier than others, they're all hard to do but the end result is worth it. I know I will lose weight, I know I can eat tomorrow, I know that even though I'm hungry I'm not starving...

Laura good for you! I always start on an up day, lol! Hang in there, you can do it. I'm proud of you for giving it another shot. Make sure you have DD foods on hand for tomorrow and just breathe.

So far, I've been on an every other day DD. That's the way I ate last year and I only started to get fouled up when I began taking weekends "off". That meant every single Monday was a DD. I kinda hate Mondays anyway so it got to be a real drag. This way I alternate Saturday and Sunday. I also have the option of a medium day but I won't take one on purpose. If I do, I will and that's that.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

Mondays..

Remembering all the reasons WHY you eat the way you do always makes me feel better. Even when the scale refuses to move. I think that keeping your weekend days alternating just like your week is a great idea...it lets you "feel" like you're letting your hair down a bit, when really, you're just following your plan! Control!

Have a beautiful day! ♥
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

"If I make this sound easy breezy then I'm lying."

Yah, I NEVER thought it was easy, but I DID think it would get easier. Silly me

I've even thought about WLS now when I'm not much overweight. Has anyone else done that? It sounds logical to me...but maybe not to others?

Jan
Old 08-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jan! I don't know what "WLS" means...weight loss shakes? Please tell me. I think that you should do something that you can live with. Replacing a couple of meals with a good protein supplements is a great idea...if that's not what you meant... But definitely something that's worked for you before.

As for "easier", JUDDD does get easier after a few months but it's hard to do always, especially when emotions run high, or hormones or lack thereof. Maybe I'm having a hard time remembering when I was in the "zone" and just rocked this plan day in and day out. I hope to get there again. Soon.

Up day today. Yippee! As always, I go to bed on my down day thinking about breakfast...and wake up not hungry. Go figure...
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

WLS - weight loss surgery, maybe??

Blonde, I hear you on JUDDD getting easier but never easy. I marvel at the folks on the JUDDD board that have gone on and on and on like the Energizer bunny. I guess I'm just wired differently. Wait, I KNOW I am.

I'm pretty positive that even when I have my BAD days (weeks, months), if I could just turn it around and get right back on, that I'd be miles ahead of where I am now. That's the hard part for me.

And Blonde, I read back about your DD2 and JUDDD. If she saw how many diets I've been on she'd be shocked! My son lost a bunch of weight this last year at college and he was much the same way with me. He would say, "Mom, you don't have to count calories, just eat less. Work out more." Well, DUH, son, but that's too much freedom for me. But then when I don't have freedom, I freak out. We are a special breed and I think it is just fine to bounce around and try different things. I call it my dieting ADD.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

Dieting ADD! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Yep.

Sad, but true.

Jan

And, I have considered Weight Loss Surgery/WLS.

Last edited by JK130; 08-07-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girls!

Oh Missy Laura, dieting ADD is perfect! Would that we could eat less, exercise more. Geez we would. I know what you mean about wired differently. Most people of "normal" habits don't get that there is so much more to food than just feeding a body. And apparently there are more of us than ever. Do what you can, when you can. And making a U-turn at the nearest off-ramp is a really good idea. I think trying to remember that we're having a bad DAY, and that we're not BAD is important. I even try to remember that I had a bad food choice and not a whole bad day. Why is it so hard? Laura did you have WLS?

Jan~I am not sure what to think about weight loss surgery. I know it's not for me, at this point in my life. I do see myself getting "lipo" at some point if I could ever reduce down enough. I've had two c-sections and the twins really stretched me out in the abdomen, I have a lot of fat there and I have a really ugly "apron" that shrinks but never goes away! I do know a couple of people that had "lap band" and it helped them a lot, however one of them is back at her top weight (300+). I don't know why that happened but it makes a strong case for fixing the reason behind the weight control/food issue. I definitely have "food issues". The diet that has to be followed before lap band surgery is very strict and reduces weight prior to surgery. I am of the strong opinion that one should do what they want if it helps them and it's not hurting them. Which WLS are you considering?

I am on a DD and I have made a really nasty looking concoction of:
2 cups steamed broccoli slaw (35)
Progresso light chicken soup (160)
Miracle Tofu noodles (40)

All heated up and ready to eat if I get hungry enough to eat it.
I also have on hand~ garden tomatoes, baby carrots, salad and chicken breast if I need it.

Today (8/8) is "Sneak a zucchini onto your neighbors' Porch" Day. I could totally do that.