LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
just WOW. some profound words, my friend.

congratulations.
:blush:

Thank you for the congrats and the complement. Do you know what I mean by "scary"? I don't want this to end.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
I love how positive you have been sounding lately!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
I love how positive you have been sounding lately!
Dawn, I feel positive!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dawn, I feel positive!!
:high 5:
Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
I think you're absolutely right. I eat very clean on my DD's. Yesterday was good, no problems after the initial tummy trouble. I stayed busy and had my salad for dinner, I was out of salsa and missed that extra of flavor. I need to buy more eggs, salsa, chicken and romaine today so I'll have a good DD tomorrow.

I have had two dreams about being skinny since I started this plan. The first one was a surprise to me, because I was the age I am now. I looked at my body in the mirror and I was amazed and happy. Last night, I dreamed again, only I was more skinny! I had a definite waist! I was wearing form fitting clothes. I asked my daughter, in my dream, if she could see a difference and she rolled her eyes, like she was tired of me asking her that question....I don't know what to think about it except, maybe... my mind has embraced the possibility that it can really happen.

I never realized how much my self-worth was tied into how well I controlled my eating, or how I could or couldn't lose weight. Since starting this, I haven't felt depressed or desperate or like a failure. I have felt hopeful. I have felt hungry, for sure, but it's almost a good feeling, like I'm alive. I don't know how to explain it, it's like waking up in a strange place. A little bit disorienting, to not think about food. To not make food "good" or "bad", to not hate myself for being weak, or feeling like I'm doomed to this body that I've "eaten" myself into... It's not about weak at all. It's about living, I think. I never realized how my every waking moment was somehow centered around food. I don't ever want to go back to feeling like that again. It's a little scary. I'm giving myself a hug.
OMG this brought tears to my eyes! You are so dead-on about this. It's so liberating to remove the "good/bad" mentality, to free ourselves from the prison of food, to not feel like aliens in our own bodies. I'm so glad you found this plan; you sound absolutely joyful. I love it!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
what amazes me is how FAST you learned so much!

and, yes, i understand the scary part...very well. i personally still think about foods often, and it is an ongoing struggle. it seems that i can have so few carbs or calories to lose or maintain, that, yes, i do feel deprived sometimes, and "not normal". i AM going to win tho...and so can you!

we're in for the long haul, baby!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
ing your dreams ing your positive attitude.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #68
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
I have had two dreams about being skinny since I started this plan. The first one was a surprise to me, because I was the age I am now. I looked at my body in the mirror and I was amazed and happy. Last night, I dreamed again, only I was more skinny! I had a definite waist! I was wearing form fitting clothes. I asked my daughter, in my dream, if she could see a difference and she rolled her eyes, like she was tired of me asking her that question....I don't know what to think about it except, maybe... my mind has embraced the possibility that it can really happen.

I never realized how much my self-worth was tied into how well I controlled my eating, or how I could or couldn't lose weight. Since starting this, I haven't felt depressed or desperate or like a failure. I have felt hopeful. I have felt hungry, for sure, but it's almost a good feeling, like I'm alive. I don't know how to explain it, it's like waking up in a strange place. A little bit disorienting, to not think about food. To not make food "good" or "bad", to not hate myself for being weak, or feeling like I'm doomed to this body that I've "eaten" myself into... It's not about weak at all. It's about living, I think. I never realized how my every waking moment was somehow centered around food. I don't ever want to go back to feeling like that again. It's a little scary. I'm giving myself a hug.
I love your dreams! And I love what you said about how you are feeling. You put it so well. That is some major food for thought.

I see that you are using a walking dvd. How often are you working out? I am asking because I hope that my results mirror yours! I think I have one of that woman's walking dvd's. My sister gave me one years ago. It's one for beginners (a one or two mile one.) I've yet to do more than watch it all the way through, once.

I look forward to keeping up with you on your journey. Thanks for sharing!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The response to my last post is overwhelming to me. Wow, indeed.

Christine, thank you. I was feeling pretty emotional when I wrote it and I appreciate your feedback so much. I read recently that "women are hardwired to spend a lot of time in the dark place"...Not everyone can understand what it's like to battle food issues, to fight with "yourself" over something as fundamental as a daily meal. That's what I love about my friends here. We're all in the same battle, we all have some kind of issue with food. It is deeply understood here, that this is not a game. And I do feel such a sense of freedom!

Jan~ Thank you. Fast learner, or just listening this time? I feel that I've known this all along, I just didn't "believe" in it. We are in this for the long haul! As good as I feel I have no delusions about ever being able to eat what some would call "normally". That's what got me here in the first place. This will be my normal from now on...I'm not even going to think about maintenance. That's way down the road, right?

Maggie~ Thank you and thank you! Stick with me. How's your plan going? Still feeling good?

CherylB~ Thank you. They were good dreams and I hope they keep coming! As for the walking DVD's...they're great! I have a few of Leslie Sansones. They will definitely get you feeling good, they work more body parts than just walking on a treadmill or outside. If you haven't exercised in a while the beginner ones are perfect. I like Leslie, but I recommend you do use the DVD a few times to make sure you like her before you buy more. Some DVD's make me nuts (like Denise Austin). She's fine, she just bugs me. Good luck with JUDDD. Give it a fair chance before you give up. I never expected such dramatic results and if my weight loss slows to a pound a week I'll still be thrilled, because it's still a downward trend.

Today is a down day and I was feeling just a wee bit sorry for myself (I have to go to the store before I can eat breakfast) until I logged on and read all of these wonderful affirmations. So again Thank you!!!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing so great! I love reading your journal.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
You are doing so great! I love reading your journal.
Thanks Dawn! Isn't it great to be able to check in and check on friends everyday?? Did you decide to post your original weight? I can't be sure because I didn't weigh for a long time but I'm fairly certain that 240 is not my top weight, it's just the highest one I "know" about. I'm happy you're reading my journal, I love and appreciate the feedback. Have you thought about starting one? I think you're doing really well and I fully expect my weight loss to slow when I reach 155 (sometime this fall). As long as the trend is downward, right? The time is going to go by either way.

I'm going to skee-daddle out of here and get some eggs, romaine, salsa and chicken. It's almost ten and I think I'm going to want to eat those eggs pretty soon!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

I had thought about a journal but I am not great at getting my thoughts across on "paper" so I hesitate to do so. It would just end up being a whine session anyhow.

I haven't changed my stats as of yet. I probably will because that is a more accurate view of where I was and where I am at now.

How do you make your chicken when you are on your DD's?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #73
Big Yapper!

I had a journal a while back, but it was about learning to exercise everyday, to "earn" my time on LCF. That worked for a while, but eventually I faded away. I'd hate to start another journal and fade away again. I'm going to see what my first weekly weigh-in shows me and then I'll consider putting myself out there again.

"A whine session"... Hahahaha! I hear ya.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Dawn & CherylB!!

I absolutely take the easy road when it comes to chicken. I love it and often eat it on my UD's as well. However, I "cheat" in the cooking dept. on my down days. I use Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast fillets. I do this because 1) They are pre-weighed and are approx. 110 cals, each. 2) They are easy. I bake them in the oven for the best results. 3) They are not too expensive and I get them at the local Walmart. 4) They are very tasty. I feel it's important to be as accurate as possible with calories on DD's, hence the eggs in the morning and the salad at night. Shakes (low-carb, or otherwise) have never satisfied me for long but for some they are a great help. We love to BBQ so "real" chicken gets saved for the UD's. I don't have to worry about how much, then.

Journals aren't easy to do all the time. It took awhile to decide if I would do it or not. For me, I think I need the help, to be honest with myself and stay accountable to myself. I don't look at mine every day. I respond to people who've written and I do occasionally have something I want to say or to be able to go back and remember. As for whining (lol), I promised myself I would be as positive as I can, to give myself every opportunity to succeed. This is after all a journal of my great successes!! So proclaimed by me. I almost never write anything about my UD's because they're not the problem. I don't want to make lists here about what I ate, etc. I do record the DD foods because I think this will help me if I suddenly stop losing or if I gain. I am almost never hungry in the morning after a DD. Sweet.

As a note to that, I never made it to the store so I made a mini-salad w/1 chicken breast, instead of eggs this morning. I have the regular salad for dinner tonight. I'll hit the store this afternoon.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

This is funny. I thought of you immediately when I saw the thread title.

Anyone ever have weight loss dreams?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, that is funny!! Disney put it best "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you fall to sleep..."

When my alarm went postal at 5:00 this morning I swam up up up through thick molasses, trying to reach "awake". It's always like that after a DD. I seem to sleep like a dead woman. Nothing big planned for the day. I need to clean house in the worst way, (*huge sigh*), but I'd rather go shopping or something (well, who wouldn't?)...I've slipped on my exercise routine, routine being a big exaggeration. If nothing else, I'll take myself for a walk today.

I feel good. Really good. I have a whole day of Up eating ahead of me and it's no big deal, so since I have nothing in particular in mind, I'll make a point to eat clean, whatever I eat. Tomorrow we go to the Wild Animal Park. This is a great way to get walking! I bought us passes to the Zoo for the year and this includes the WAP. It should be perfect weather, kinda cool-ish. Can't visit Wild Animal Park in the summer, it gets way too hot out there (100 +).
Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad you're feeling good, Blonde!! Hope you get your walk in today, and enjoy the WAP tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dawn, that is funny!! Disney put it best "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you fall to sleep..."

When my alarm went postal at 5:00 this morning I swam up up up through thick molasses, trying to reach "awake". It's always like that after a DD. I seem to sleep like a dead woman. Nothing big planned for the day. I need to clean house in the worst way, (*huge sigh*), but I'd rather go shopping or something (well, who wouldn't?)...I've slipped on my exercise routine, routine being a big exaggeration. If nothing else, I'll take myself for a walk today.

I feel good. Really good. I have a whole day of Up eating ahead of me and it's no big deal, so since I have nothing in particular in mind, I'll make a point to eat clean, whatever I eat. Tomorrow we go to the Wild Animal Park. This is a great way to get walking! I bought us passes to the Zoo for the year and this includes the WAP. It should be perfect weather, kinda cool-ish. Can't visit Wild Animal Park in the summer, it gets way too hot out there (100 +).
The WAP sounds fun!!!! Enjoy it in your "cool" weather **cough** **cough** BRRRRR

Why do you think it is that you sleep like a dead woman after your DD's?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have no idea....I've thought maybe my body is busy burning fat, or maybe my digestion is happy to be taking a rest...IDK, but I like it.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I have no idea....I've thought maybe my body is busy burning fat, or maybe my digestion is happy to be taking a rest...IDK, but I like it.
I don't blame you for liking it! I would love it. I know that my ambien, nyquil & cough medicine with codeine is great for sleep but unfortunately that is only short termed for me.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Getting ready to head out the door to the Wild Animal Park...it's overcast today and we'll need jackets for sure. DH is revving the batteries for the cameras. We've taken the cameras with us everywhere we go lately. DH loves to take pictures and I'm learning to love it. PLus...it's a lot more fun to formulate my own masterpieces instead of standing around waiting for him to get his "shot". We have to stop off and load up firewood first, for the wood stove, next year. The wood is green and heavy but it's going to be wonderful next winter. I'm so pleased that I married an ant and not a grasshopper. Remember that story? We laugh about it, because he's definitely an ant, and a survivalist. If we had to go on the run for any reason, I'm glad I'm with him. He says he's just an old farm boy. Okay, I'll take it.

Today is a DD, I've had my two boiled eggs, and my icky black coffee w/kahlua flavored DaVincis. I've packed my diet coke and my water jug. I'll eat my salad when we get home this evening, and I'll bet it's gonna be great!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is weigh-in day and I stayed the same, 224.5.

This is okay, I feel lighter, anyway. I've already made my first goal of 10lbs by my birthday.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #84
Big Yapper!

You did so well in your first month, your body is probably freaking out and trying to slow down the losses. Fat cells are powerful things that secrete their own hormones. I think the body is hardwired to serve the fat cells. It seems that way, anyway!

My weight is coming off much slower, so I have to watch my UD's more carefully. I can see why the general consensus counts and limits their calories on both days. It's so easy to get to lax on a day that is supposed to be free.

Don't sweat it, BWAR (do you have a first name we can use?). You are an inspiration to me. And boy, do I need inspiration sometimes!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You did so well in your first month, your body is probably freaking out and trying to slow down the losses. Fat cells are powerful things that secrete their own hormones. I think the body is hardwired to serve the fat cells. It seems that way, anyway!

My weight is coming off much slower, so I have to watch my UD's more carefully. I can see why the general consensus counts and limits their calories on both days. It's so easy to get to lax on a day that is supposed to be free.

Don't sweat it, BWAR (do you have a first name we can use?). You are an inspiration to me. And boy, do I need inspiration sometimes!
No worries here about the non-movement of fat cells. My fat cells are screaming and scrambling for cover but they cannot hide. They will be released...this time next week I will have proof. You will lose, maybe not as fast as you'd like, but you will will lose it! I'm glad your stickin'!

Call me Blonde....everybody does.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #86
Big Yapper!

Ok. I'll call you Blonde. Not Blondie? Thanks for the encouragement. I'm having a tough time right now. (See the Juddd thread. Don't want to clutter up your journal.)
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great attitude, Blonde! You will release those stubborn fat cells.....they won't know what hit 'em!

Cheryl, sorry you're struggling, but I hope you're able to push through. Hang in there!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Is today your birthday or tomorrow?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130