Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Next week will definitely be better!!! Hang in there, Blonde. Is there a mantra you can focus on to help you avoid cigarettes? I know how difficult it is to change addictive behaviors; sugar is the addiction for me, and it's really hard to avoid it in emotional situations. You have a great attitude, though, and I know you can conquer!!! Enjoy the birthday party; have fun and be kind to yourself.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey Blonde!
You can do it! Remember that you are better than your addiction and you don't need it to shine! I know it's hard, but you are so worth it!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thank you both! I love you ladies!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
keep thinking negative thoughts...cigarettes make you sick, the chemicals kill, they are mega expensive, they smell incredibly nasty, you can hug grandgirls more if you smell nice...does that help? I didn't know you were working on multiple addictions simultaneously...bless you! when you get it all under control, you KNOW you can totally SELL your strategies!!! I'll help you write your book, and come cheer for you at your celebrity events!

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Thank you both! I love you ladies!
WE all love ya too! Like all the other ladies said you are more important than those cigs. Stay strong, and will be praying for you in the cigarette department. Enjoy the party!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
keep thinking negative thoughts...cigarettes make you sick, the chemicals kill, they are mega expensive, they smell incredibly nasty, you can hug grandgirls more if you smell nice...does that help? I didn't know you were working on multiple addictions simultaneously...bless you! when you get it all under control, you KNOW you can totally SELL your strategies!!! I'll help you write your book, and come cheer for you at your celebrity events!

Jan
Negative thoughts...That's exactly what I do, Jan. I do know about addiction. I know cigs can kill. My mom died at 59 (heart failure, smoking and alcoholism), my middle brother died at 58 (lung cancer). My eldest brother died at 40 (Viet Nam veteran, Liver failure, alcoholism). As tragic as this all sounds, I have survived. I was was born addicted to nicotine. My mom never stopped smoking, not once in her whole life, pregnancies and all. I started smoking in self defense, lol. I have spent the better part of my adult life, NOT smoking....but still it calls to me. I think (I know) I've kicked it again. When I'm smoking, food is not an issue. SO~ that said, I have a food problem, more than a smoking problem. I am currently under control of both, but I know I must make cigarettes the true sworn enemy, I am not self-destructive, I don't want to die not being able to breathe, walking around with an oxygen tank, feeling like an idiot for doing it to myself. Smoking is a weakness and I don't want to be weak! These are my thoughts on smoking. Thank you for cheering me on, it means more than you know.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
WE all love ya too! Like all the other ladies said you are more important than those cigs. Stay strong, and will be praying for you in the cigarette department. Enjoy the party!
Thanks Maggie! Prayers are always welcome. If I do nothing else today, I will NOT smoke.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are doing well today, Blonde!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

you have a lot on your plate lady, and you deal with it so gracefully. how are you managing the cigarette monster?

i think YOU are my new hero!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hugging you from afar, Blonde.

Proud of you for working on the cigarettes. It is hard and especially when people around you smoke........I quit almost 24 years ago when all my buddies and I made a pact to quit together. Yet, I can still walk by a smoker now and again and think, "Man that smells good." I also had so many bouts of bad bronchitis that a doctor told me that I had to choose - breathing or cigarettes. I chose the breathing. It is so scary to not be able to catch your breath.

And I won't ask you about JUDDD if you don't ask me about JUDDD! LOL! I think (I know) I'm back in order. Husband's darn birthday threw everything off and Memorial Day will have us out of town at my mother's. All we can ever do is keep a-going.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #821
Blabbermouth!!!

Have ya'll seen the anti-smoking ads on tv? The ones with the people with giant holes in their throats and they're talking about what smoking did to them? Yowza, that's some scary $**t right there, makes me glad I stopped 19 years ago for sure. Like Laura, I can still walk by someone smoking and think the same things and contemplate maybe "just one"...especially when we're out and drinking.. ugh!

Blonde, I hope you are doing well today and back in the saddle of everything that is good and holy in Juddd-land! I am biding time this week, cutting back on little things here 'n' there, like soda and junk...finishing off some non-lc groceries we had before I begin anew with all low carb. The kids have been warned, this is it! We are ALL doing this in one form or another (me-by the book) but we're all gonna get active and feeling better.

The fact that you haven't been around in a couple days makes me think you are really enjoying that snappy new lil car ya got! Love it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle!!! So nice to see you.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

G'Morning Lovelies! Where do I begin.....

Laura, I've been LC'ing since last Week, it's the only thing I have any control over right now. So, I won't ask you about JUDDD. We'll get it right. I hope you had a great time with the "Hubs".

Jan~ Still fighting the cigarette demon and mostly winning. I'm not much of a hero, except I won't give up the fight.

Danielle~ Oh my gosh yes, I've seen those horrible commercials. They do help deter me for sure. And yes! We are soooo enjoying the car. The weather has been perfect for driving with the top down. The best purchase we've made since we bought our house 25 years ago! Good for you for taking charge at home! The only way to be in control is to TAKE control.

Christine, I'm up and down. BUT~ I'm trying...

I took control of my bedroom closet yesterday.

Have a great day!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde have a good Friday and wonderful weekend with your family and friends!

Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you have a great day, Blonde! You too, Maggie!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Blonde! THIS is the hang out place! I like your thought, and think it's my mantra...up and down, but never give up!

I fixed my sink today. By myself! (with a little help from youtube. lol.)

WE are strong ladies!

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend!! I'm munching on cabbage, not potato salad :-)

Jan
Old 05-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

Blonde, hope all is well in your world! Thinking of you.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, go Jan!!!!

Happy Memorial Day, Blonde!!! (You too, Danielle!)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde just checking in on you. I hope all is well. Have a nice day today!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Blonde!

How are you????

Check in with us! Even if you are struggling. I'm kind of there right now too.

Miss you!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Christine, I had a pretty ok weekend!

Blonde, check in mama! We miss you!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am struggling, Laura but I'm not down for the count (especially in the weight dept). Thank you all for checking on me. I've had lots of company here, visitors from out of state and out of town on top of the usual menagerie. Jan thank you for liking my mantra because it helps to put things in perspective. I am so struggling right now. I keep telling myself that things will be easier when the eaters find a home. They are looking in earnest so it shouldn't be much longer. Don't get me wrong I adore them but it's so hard to maintain my own eating plan when I'm involved in everyone's eating plan. Right now I want to abandon all reason and just go for it (food, I mean). Do you know what I mean? I'm feeling like my own worst enemy right now, and the talk inside my head is at once defeatist and cajoling. I will make it through this, hopefully not pounds heavier.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #833
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry you're struggling and I can truly truly relate. Very hard when you have people eating with you on a daily basis that don't follow anything close to what you eat. Tough road and I was like you for months, just went for it and "enjoyed" what everyone else was having. Lemme tell ya, it was so not worth it! I know you will figure out what to do, and I will definitely keep my fingers crossed that family finds a place of their own very soon.

Hang in there honey. Even if you're not following anything, come here and read and post with us, I know that helped me tremendously even when I wasn't following any plan! Love yous!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

D~my dear you made me tear up but I so needed that mental hug. Thank you!

You know I've been bouncing around and peaking in everyone's journal, I see my own words of encouragement, I meant them when I said them, I just wish I could apply it to myself right now. I'm so glad I have you all to help me. I just can't do this by myself.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 05-31-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie has started an exercise challenge called exercise tag. If you're not subscribed to her you can find it on her current last page. This is her journal name:

~*~*To ONEDERland & Beyond~*~*

It sounds like fun, you need to read it to see if you want to play. I have agreed to do so and the challenge starts on June 4th. Each exercise that you are tagged with must be completed and then passed on to the next challenger with a represented emoticon (= jumping jacks) and a "Tag, you're it". I tried to copy it here but the emoticons didn't come over with it.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde

I know just what you mean; hang in there, my friend. Everything is temporary. In the meantime, just more

Thanks for the tip on Maggie's journal! Heading over......
Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man I'm an emotional wreck today, every time I get a hug or a king word I start leaking from my eyes. Can't be PMS. Thank you Christine, it means so much to hear it, It is temporary and I'm the only one who can make it a short temporary adjustment.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't mean to make you cry some more Blonde but we have all been where you are and if not for friends on here I don't know what I would do. You are not alone just take it bit by bit and you will be back to yourself again. Not an easy thing to do I know, I know. Just don;t stop posting you need us and we need you to.

Hang in there pretty lady just live, laugh and love yourself!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie, thank you girl!

I'm feeling less hopeless today but still wondering what to do to get out of this funk. You are so appreciated! The most wonderful part of having LC friends is the support and understanding of women like me who are up and down and struggling with weight issues. Anyone else would just chalk me off as nuts.

I slept in this morning after seeing DH off at 4:45am. I usually get up and help the little girls with their hair before school but I slept right through the chaos. The dogs (4 of them) woke me up howling after DD1 went to work. They were excited to see me when I came out of the bedroom. Silly mutts. I only have one big dog myself, the other three are DD1's and my youngest DD2 brings her two over during the week for doggy daycare. They are small. I have a very large fenced yard. While DD1 has been looking for housing the dog issue has been a problem and it's very likely that I will have to foster her 2 big dogs permanently. The third is a tiny teacup chihuahua, and they have a cat as well. Hopefully those two will go to the new home. Yikes. I guess I'm lucky they don't have horses anymore.

I'm thinking LC today, when I'm hungry. It's a start. I know that relief is around the corner. A time is coming when I won't have to worry about the food in the house because it will be legal food and nothing else. I hope everyone has a good and successful weekend, including myself but I'm not completely confident. I'll try to make it happen.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Maggie, thank you girl!

I'm feeling less hopeless today but still wondering what to do to get out of this funk. You are so appreciated! The most wonderful part of having LC friends is the support and understanding of women like me who are up and down and struggling with weight issues. Anyone else would just chalk me off as nuts.

I slept in this morning after seeing DH off at 4:45am. I usually get up and help the little girls with their hair before school but I slept right through the chaos. The dogs (4 of them) woke me up howling after DD1 went to work. They were excited to see me when I came out of the bedroom. Silly mutts. I only have one big dog myself, the other three are DD1's and my youngest DD2 brings her two over during the week for doggy daycare. They are small. I have a very large fenced yard. While DD1 has been looking for housing the dog issue has been a problem and it's very likely that I will have to foster her 2 big dogs permanently. The third is a tiny teacup chihuahua, and they have a cat as well. Hopefully those two will go to the new home. Yikes. I guess I'm lucky they don't have horses anymore.

I'm thinking LC today, when I'm hungry. It's a start. I know that relief is around the corner. A time is coming when I won't have to worry about the food in the house because it will be legal food and nothing else. I hope everyone has a good and successful weekend, including myself but I'm not completely confident. I'll try to make it happen.
You Will make it happen for yourself Blonde I have full confidence in you. Oh me oh my 4 doggie's I have one that is a chi mix and she alone is a handful, have 2 cats as well call me crazy. Hang in there lady the sun always comes out in the morning, at least I know it does and hey the Annie song says so.