Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009

Just wanted to send you a hug and let you know that you are not alone in this daily battle that we are in.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I can! Thank you Maggie! I've heard about the book Wheat Belly and I'm thinking I should find it and give it a read. Oh my gosh I love bread, in all it's evil forms. You mentioned you were type two diabetic. Do you have to avoid bread? I've been thinking of Julian Bakery low carb bread and wondering if it would affect my hunger? See? Even now looking for a way to get bread.

Last night I had two small turkey burgers w/ smoked gouda and leftover brussel sprouts & roasted carrots (about 1 1/2 cups). I wasn't hungry at bedtime, so no snack. It was nice not to feel hungry after dinner. I'm trying to keep track of carbs and calories (loosely). One significant thing I learned from JUDDDing is that calories DO count! If I have cheese on my protein, then I go low cal dressing on the salad (balsamic vinegar/WF dressings). I've been reading Mark's Daily Apple again and there is much good info about eating "Paleo" (cheese not really a paleo thing). I think it's too much to ask to give up bread and cheese.

Yesterday at work I felt energized, lighter and happier. Some days I feel like lead but the change in food has made me feel much better. I think in part it's just knowing I'm making progress instead of going down the wrong road again. You know what would be cool? If we could sustain the way we feel at the beginning of a diet/plan. How does one keep that rush? If I knew that, I could be a million billionaire.

B: small burger, two eggs (over easy) coffee w/H&H and splenda. The coffee is tasting better as I get away from real sugar liquid creamers. The first few days it was ick but this morning my coffee actually tasted good! At work I drink unsweetened ice tea. Weird, but I like it that way.

Funny, since I've eaten breakfast already I have no plan or idea what is for lunch...I'm not hungry. The dinner plan is crock pot chicken and veggies.

Note to self* Drink Water.

Hey Dawn!! It's great to hear from you! So~ How goes your battle?
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-24-2012 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: additional info
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I can! Thank you Maggie! I've heard about the book Wheat Belly and I'm thinking I should find it and give it a read. Oh my gosh I love bread, in all it's evil forms. You mentioned you were type two diabetic. Do you have to avoid bread? I've been thinking of Julian Bakery low carb bread and wondering if it would affect my hunger? See? Even now looking for a way to get bread.

Last night I had two small turkey burgers w/ smoked gouda and leftover brussel sprouts & roasted carrots (about 1 1/2 cups). I wasn't hungry at bedtime, so no snack. It was nice not to feel hungry after dinner. I'm trying to keep track of carbs and calories (loosely). One significant thing I learned from JUDDDing is that calories DO count! If I have cheese on my protein, then I go low cal dressing on the salad (balsamic vinegar/WF dressings). I've been reading Mark's Daily Apple again and there is much good info about eating "Paleo" (cheese not really a paleo thing). I think it's too much to ask to give up bread and cheese.

Yesterday at work I felt energized, lighter and happier. Some days I feel like lead but the change in food has made me feel much better. I think in part it's just knowing I'm making progress instead of going down the wrong road again. You know what would be cool? If we could sustain the way we feel at the beginning of a diet/plan. How does one keep that rush? If I knew that, I could be a million billionaire.

B: small burger, two eggs (over easy) coffee w/H&H and splenda. The coffee is tasting better as I get away from real sugar liquid creamers. The first few days it was ick but this morning my coffee actually tasted good! At work I drink unsweetened ice tea. Weird, but I like it that way.

Funny, since I've eaten breakfast already I have no plan or idea what is for lunch...I'm not hungry. The dinner plan is crock pot chicken and veggies.

Note to self* Drink Water.

Hey Dawn!! It's great to hear from you! So~ How goes your battle?
I do need to read Wheat Belly but I need to go back and read who is the author in case I can find it in my local library. You know I am Diabetic and I need to watch eating bread products but I can tell you I haven't checked my BS meter to see what it does to my BS. I have just taken it at face value that I am sure it goes up, up. Not a good thing. I have control with LCing so that is good. Today I wanted something like bread so I made a Minute Muffin with Flaxseed and that curbed my taste for bread. I just ordered some new testing strips so I could not see what flaxseed would do for my BS but I am going to check as soon as my strips come in. I do know that when I consume wheat products of any kind I get gas(TMI ) amd bloat and let's just say it isn't pretty. My father was Diabetic in his later years and now so am I. This journey of eating better is defintiely a hard one and peri-menupause surely isn't helping me either. I push on because there is no turning back for me anymore, I am NOT getting any younger. I can only work on repairing my mind and body and work harder to be healthier. You are on the right track again Blonde and I am so happy for you. KUTGW!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not really TMI Maggie. I have the same problem. My BS is good since I've lost the first 30 pounds. It dropped on it's own. I feel for your struggle. Why is it that the foods we love are so bad for us? I'm post menipause, heading for three years without the curse. I have no waist anymore. Perhaps it is my wheat belly?

William Davis is the author of Wheat Belly and apparently he has a blog, but I haven't looked for it. I do want to read the book. I've gone wheat free before and I definitely felt better, I guess I need a better reason to stay off wheat. I love books and will probably get it. I still believe that JUDDD / Intermittent fasting/ alternate calorie dieting is really good for me. Better food choices will be good for me as well.

How do I find your journal?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Not really TMI Maggie. I have the same problem. My BS is good since I've lost the first 30 pounds. It dropped on it's own. I feel for your struggle. Why is it that the foods we love are so bad for us? I'm post menipause, heading for three years without the curse. I have no waist anymore. Perhaps it is my wheat belly?

William Davis is the author of Wheat Belly and apparently he has a blog, but I haven't looked for it. I do want to read the book. I've gone wheat free before and I definitely felt better, I guess I need a better reason to stay off wheat. I love books and will probably get it. I still believe that JUDDD / Intermittent fasting/ alternate calorie dieting is really good for me. Better food choices will be good for me as well.

How do I find your journal?
It's titled ONEderland and Beyond. My BS has been excellent as long as I keep the carbs low and I walk almost daily with my hubby so we are in this together. He turns 53 on Friday. My problem is my morning sugar, everyone's rises in the morning but Diabetics go higher. I watch my evening eating and I get good readings now in the morning which I am grateful for. Thank you for the author on the book. I guess I really don't need to read it because I know the reactions I get from eating it. I get brain fog, lethergy,gasy, bloating and hubby knows from my behavior if I have indulged in the stuff. Alternatives are better for me but I need to get that through my big head.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Blonde! Sounds like you are doing really great! I know how hard it must be to give up bread. Keep going!!

Tell me more about liking the coffee without the sugared creamer.......well, wait, tell me after I finish my Almond Joy creamer. I have been buying the sugar free kinds and am learning to like them. Sort of.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Oh and on your age advice I started a journal!

Ellgee's Journey Back to Onderland. I tend to forget it is there for days at a time but I'm working at it. Come see me!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My oh my, I've been all over the place this morning. Maggie and Laura, your journals are now on my subscribed list! Christine and Jan, wow I'm so glad you are journaling again, even if it's just a wee bit and now and then, it helps to connect.

This journal thing is the only thing I do online. Well not true, I do a couple of other things, but this is what takes up my time. I started it last year and it has helped me enormously. I've lost some weight, had some epiphanies, and I've made a few very good cyber-friends. Do you know why this is so great? My "other" friends don't want to hear a play by play of my eating, dreaming, thinking and dwelling on FOOD. Only a small handful would even be able to relate to it. My cyber-friends are right here with me, pushing me forward, encouraging me, crying and laughing with me. They don't roll their eyes when I say "New food plan". or "Sorry, I'm not eating bread for awhile" or "I blew it and ate and ate, all the wrong things and now I want to jump off a bridge...but first I want one last bowl of ice cream before I die..fat and a failure". I think that last line was funny, but unless you've been there it sounds sort of weird and tragic. This journal thing is far and away the best thing I've done for myself. It helps me clarify what I want, what I'm doing right (and wrong) and sometimes it helps someone else. That makes me happiest of all.

Cheers to you, my cyber-buddies!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your Cyber Buddies can truly relate Blonde!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Sister - that line was HILARIOUS! I actually laughed out loud! I get it, I get it! And I'm glad you get me too!

Hugs to you my friend!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Agreed! Very funny!! I often tell DH that the reason xxxx happened (fill in the blank with whatever life drama happened to erupt that day) is due to my fat a$$! LOL!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
i'm pretty sure that fat-ness IS the enemy...and a persistent one too! and yep, blonde, our "fascinating" conversations would not be popular at social events. i do have friends who are dieting but hesitate to share my neurotic food stuff that just same ol, same ol amongst us. i do care how you and our other lcf folks are feeling and doing even tho we've not met (yet).

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you all agreed with me. I'm obsessed with food and you all are the only ones who care about it. I'm so happy that I made you laugh!

I am doing really well on primal (so far). Of course I haven't weighed in, you know me, I hate the scale. If I were to weigh today and find myself at the same weight or above I would freak. I know this about me. Yesterday I had mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil with a big turkey burger for breakfast. I ate a late lunch at 2:30...a huge salad with shredded chicken, cheese, sunflower seeds, blue cheese dressing mixed with salsa verde (green sauce), It was divine. So good and filling. So filling that I didn't eat anymore for the rest of the day!

I went to bed not hungry and woke up not hungry. This is an amazing thing. I baked a lasagna for the "eaters". It smelled good and I was a tiny bit tempted by it but not enough to feel bad later. So no touchy the lasagna. When I thought about what I actually could eat, it wasn't appealing so I must not have been hungry, right? When I am hungry, dry lettuce tastes good to me.

B: Coffee w/H&H, sf non-dairy creamer (a pinch)
L: TBD (maybe tuna salad)
D: TBD

Snacks...hmmm. Primal Blueprint says that if you eat enough at your meal you shouldn't need to snack. I found this to be true yesterday. But ~ I'm not opposed to snacking if I need it.

Great day my lady-friends!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde it sounds like you are learning and growing with the way you have chosen to eat. I like the lasagna for the "eaters". I haven't had lasagna for sooo long but pasta isn't my weakness, sweets are.

Have a good day, you are well on your way!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Blonde! Sounds great! I love that hearty salad. Isn't it great when you eat well at meals and it completely fills you up?!

I've been dabbling with primal/paleo as well, even going as far as purchasing a bulk pack of grass-fed beef (love it!). I also love my coconut oil and drink it in my coffee.

OMG I am now craving a huge salad.....lol.

Also, my limitation for paleo/primal is dairy. I just refuse to give up cheese and HWC.

I look forward to reading about your tasty menus!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Blonde it sounds like you are learning and growing with the way you have chosen to eat. I like the lasagna for the "eaters". I haven't had lasagna for sooo long but pasta isn't my weakness, sweets are.

Have a good day, you are well on your way!

I'm with you, Magie! Sweets do me in, and if I have pasta, I have to have BREAD, and that does me in, too!! So no lasagna for me....lol.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Agreed! Very funny!! I often tell DH that the reason xxxx happened (fill in the blank with whatever life drama happened to erupt that day) is due to my fat a$$! LOL!

I love it!!! That's going to be my new line!!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

I, too, love my coconut oil. I can eat it by the spoonful! And use it for my grilled cheese sandwiches. Divine!! Just have to figure out how to make a grilled cheese without the bread. LOL!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Wow, Blonde! Sounds great! I love that hearty salad. Isn't it great when you eat well at meals and it completely fills you up?!

I've been dabbling with primal/paleo as well, even going as far as purchasing a bulk pack of grass-fed beef (love it!). I also love my coconut oil and drink it in my coffee.

OMG I am now craving a huge salad.....lol.

Also, my limitation for paleo/primal is dairy. I just refuse to give up cheese and HWC.

I look forward to reading about your tasty menus!!!
Me too Christine! I'm not giving up cheese and bread. That ain't right! So 90%. Bread I can do without. HWC? Do you think I would do better to use that instead of Half n half? Less carbs? I may be making a pork shoulder very soon. Maybe carnitas...a slow bake or a crockpot of shredded pork. Great, now I'm going to have to revise my breakfast. Suddenly I'm starving.

Maggie~ you have a sweet tooth, I have a meat tooth (or salt and grease tooth). Do you ever take advantage of the low carb chocolates and sweets? Do you like LC shakes and bars? I wish they'd make a LC bar that tastes like cheetos.....
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Hey Laura! I completely missed your post! Yeah Christine cracks me up! So do you, for that matter. Back when I was JUDDDing I tried Julian Low Carb bread for my grilled cheese and it was wonderful! I love the coconut oil too. I have a sinking feeling that bread is my trigger food....

BTW~ I'm making sauteed mushrooms and broccoli slaw in an iron skillet cause Christine made me hungry. LOL!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-26-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Do you have a link of what guidelines you are following for the primal/paleo? I am interested but the cheese and HWC totally turned me off. I really do not think that eating that way will be too much different to how I already eat.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A LC bar that tastes like cheetos now that is interesting. I had an Atkins Cinnamon Bun Bar this morning with my coffee and it was alright. I miss something sweet if I don't allow myself it and then all heck can break loose. I yogurt but have like the Carbmaster that has 3 grams of carbs in it. I am a sweet bread person not a salty carb eater or pastas they don't get me so much.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Do you have a link of what guidelines you are following for the primal/paleo? I am interested but the cheese and HWC totally turned me off. I really do not think that eating that way will be too much different to how I already eat.
How to Succeed with the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple

I hope this link works. If not it's at Marks Daily Apple, the Primal Blueprint Food pyramid. I like primal because I can have much more veggies! It stresses whole foods, and discourages eating grains, but you can have fruit in moderation and quinoa, flax, almond meal are all allowed (in moderation). It also allows high fat dairy in moderation. There's a forum there for newbie questions etc. It is not ultra low carb unless you want to do that. As always it's great to hear from you!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Maggie! Cheetos! We could be rich...

Obviously I'm at home today and close to the computer. Right now I'm taking a break because I've been cleaning the C$@P out of my house! I've vacuumed the rugs, the bare floors and then mopped the floors, cleaned out a nasty cupboard in the kitchen and filled it with my extra china, cleaned out the china hutch and left it polished and empty. I now have a peripheral mess from all the other neat things I accomplished, so a break and then on to the mess I made cleaning up.

I totally think this has to do with the way I'm eating. Not so sluggish.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Yay! It feels like the party's at Blondie's "house"! No one mentioned adult beverages to go along with the sweets and salties. Maybe we should take a walk or a bike ride tho to work it all off!

I'm watching "Dirty Dancing" for the first time in 15 years. No wonder my girls loved it as young teens!

Hi ALL!

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
Yay! It feels like the party's at Blondie's "house"! No one mentioned adult beverages to go along with the sweets and salties. Maybe we should take a walk or a bike ride tho to work it all off!

I'm watching "Dirty Dancing" for the first time in 15 years. No wonder my girls loved it as young teens!

Hi ALL!

Jan
Dirty Dancing! Wow, Patrick Swayze was a cutie in that movie but alas is now passed on. Yep, looks like Blonde is the "in" house journal these days.

Hey Jan!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, Dirty Dancing!! My favorite. DH loves to mock me about that.

Speaking of drinking, JAN , what do you guys drink if/when you do indulge in adult beverages? I have an event coming on on 5/3 that I know will involving drinking, and I want to make the best choice. I usually stick with pinot noir because it's my favorite and fairly low in carbs, but I hear that hard liquor is the least of the evils. Any thoughts on that? Sorry to hijack, Blonde.

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 04-27-2012 at 04:41 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No worries, Christine...it's not a hijack, it's a party. I love pinot noir as well. Last week I tried tequila with SF cherry limeade drink mix and it was really good. My daughter thought it would be even better...blended. Tequila shots with lime would be good, lol...but you might not make the impression that you wanted at your social function. Rum and diet coke. Walmart has a SF Margarita mix (powder). I usually just drink red wine. I'm going to a friends 50th birthday next month. We're supposed to wear "Vintage Hippie Attire". My hips are definitely vintage. I'll be taking wine.

Dirty Dancing. Jan I love that movie, (sigh) it takes me waaayyy back. The acting is a stretch but the musical numbers are amazing, especially the finale. I always get tears. Patrick Swayze was such a cutie, I love most of his movies (Ghost). Maggie were you Crazy for Swayze? My neighbor's car license holder said that back in the day.

It's so nice to be together with all of you and our new friend Laura (ellgee). I know we can all support each other. I hope Danielle comes back soon. Has anyone PM'd her?

Okay, I weighed this morning...and after one full low carb week, I weigh exactly the same. This is why I weigh once a month. However I do feel better all around and that's a good goal as well. I think I'm taking myself out to lunch today. LC of course.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all!

Of all the primal research I did, I think Mark's Daily Apple was the most reasonable one I found. Not really strict in the way some others were. Very doable. But if I start giving myself restrictions, I freak! I do believe it is a very healthy way to eat and want to move more toward that but baby steps, right?

Dirty Dancing! Nobody puts Baby in a corner! Love that movie so much.

You know, awhile back I bought some of those Bob's mixers for drinks. They are made with Splenda and had pretty good reviews. I need to pull those babies out and give them a try. REALLY SOON!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checking in briefly...work this morning. I had a relapse on Friday night, pizza and wine. Well wine, then pizza. I slept badly, had a hangover and a sick tummy most of Saturday. Stayed LC Saturday and I'm back on track for the rest of the weekend! Shew...that was close.

I feel really good today. I've been reading Wheat Belly. Scary and enlightening. More on that later. Off to make a $$ or three.

Happy Monday!