Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey little lady! On the brancrisps, I get them from Netrition or Amazon. I think but can't remember for sure but I saw them at a World Market, too.

So what's your favorite Walden Farms dressing? I've tried a few and haven't been blown away so far...

The bean tostadas sound delicious!!!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Yes Maggie! It's all about self-talk isn't it? Trying to say the right things to ourselves, and put it in a non-negative tone. So far I haven't told myself that I can't tell me what to do...lol!

Laura I use WF's Creamy Bacon Ranch on my salads or for dipping. It's my favorite and turns Southwestern when I dump some salsa in with it! The Asian is pretty good with a touch of stevia added for sweetness. It's been awhile since I've had a full fat dressing on anything so I guess it's an adjustment of taste. At work (Olive Garden) or when dining out, I use Balsamic vinegar on my salads. That works well for me too.

DD today. This morning I used only 2 tbls of fat free half n half (20) with some Torani's sugar free Vanilla syrup. I really miss luxurious coffee on DD's.
Today's Plan~

B: Eggbeaters (40) coffee (20)
L: Steamed Green Beans (100)
S: Chicken broth (10)
D: Salad w/ Chicken Breast (300)

Whole green beans, steamed in the bag. The entire bag has 100 calories so whatever I don't finish I'll have with my dinner salad or as a snack before bed. I eat them one at a time, dipped in dressing. Pretty tasty when I'm starving, lol.

I've got this.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMGoodness, I worked so hard yesterday! The restaurant next door was unexpectedly closed for water problems and we were SLAMMED! I'm sore all over and grateful to have the day off. I'm in charge of the little girls today so we're going to lunch later, followed by a trip to the Dollar Tree where nothing is over $1.

My down day was great food wise. I ended up having the green beans and the chicken for dinner and didn't eat until after 6. I didn't finish the green beans or eat the salad. I'm happy I'm hanging with this, the more I do it right, the easier it becomes...plus I'm starting to know when I'm really hungry again and not just bored or anxious.

Jan~ How are things going for you?

Laura, you doing okay?

Maggie, how about you?

UD today. Can I get a what what? Woot!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pulling the old switcharoo today. I stayed up way too late last night at a scentsy party, had some wine and still had to get up at five. I feel like hammered cr%p. Maybe a medium day/maybe not... but tomorrow (Saturday) will be a DD for sure. I need more sleep but I have the girls today.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Hey there Blonde, I am doing good. It looks like you are in the zone again and that is fantastic. Hope you have a good weekend with family. Happy Easter to you as well.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Howdy!

All is well here. Been good as gold and the scale has rewarded me by going UP a couple of pounds but I'm staying strong. For the most part. Wanted to throw in the towel yesterday but resisted. That only gets me that much higher on the scale!

Getting up at 5??? I'm still drooling on my pillow. Plus I've been off since Wednesday with my hubby. It's been wonderful. Note to self - pay off all the bills so I can quit working.

Having a DD today and it is going well. The scale better make some downward progression tomorrow or it's going through the window!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How are you Blonde, did you have a good Easter?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ladies! Easter was uneventful here, we BBQ'd hot dogs! Gotta love Southern California.

Yesterday was DD and it went as planned. I only ate one meal, dinner, and it was the big salad w/ Chicken. Sometimes it's easier NOT to eat at all in the morning, so if I'm not really hungry, I don't eat. Maggie I am totally in the zone! What plan are you following right now?

I have refrained from getting on the scale, Laura, because I know that sometimes hard work is rewarded with a weight gain and I can't handle that right now. I'm doing well on the plan and I have to be careful not to sabotage it. Keep rockin' it Laura!!

This morning I had my luxurious coffee with Italian Sweet Cream. Yum. That in itself is a reward for staying on my DD. I'm feeding the family tonight so meat sauce into the crock pot, and pasta into the water right before dinner. My daughter is working full time now so I help with the girls on my days off and make dinner during the week on my up days. She makes dinner on my DD's so I don't have to think about food. Nice, huh? While it is lovely having them here, I do look forward to having my house to myself again...someday.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think it is funny about asking what plan am I following at the moment.. I am M&E Fasting at the moment and working on true hunger. I will be doing a round of Hhcg at the end of this month and working on my issues with true hunger and emotional eating. I am just being honest here Blondie. I am a Type 2 Diabetic and anything I follow will always be low in carbs. I walk almost daily and it and will continue to work on my health. In the end I will be working on not working on any particular Diet Plan but working on my relationship with food. I know this was an ear full but you asked so I answered.

Have a fantastic Tuesday and visit me sometime on my journal.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Italian Sweet Cream. Mmmmmmmmmm. My UD coffee gets the Almond Joy creamer and I love, love, love it!

Glad all is going well with you!

I understand about the family in your house. My daughter graduated from college last December and my son is just finishing up his freshman year in college. I miss them soooooo much when they aren't around. And yet when they are home, I long for my quiet house. My daughter has actually officially moved out and lives about 4 hours away but my son will be home in May for the summer. I am kind of happy about that because my husband is working out of town til the end of the year and I only get to see him twice a month.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie I hope you really think my question was funny and not insulting, cause I sure didn't intend for it to be either. You and I have been around awhile and my motto is never give up, even if it means doing something different. I think working on your relationship with food is huge! Are you reading a book or taking classes? I've read many of Geneen Roth's books and they've helped me personally, a lot. Thank you for answering my question so thoughtfully because I really did want to know. I wish I was better at exercise (scheduling it, and then doing it.)

Laura, I had empty nest for 6 months....now it's quite full but it won't be forever so I'm trying to enjoy it while it's here. I wish I could convince DH to enjoy it better. Only seeing your husband twice a month! How is that? Does absence truly make the heart grow fonder? You must get very lonely, I know I would. Will everything change after the end of the year?

AND~Where in the world do you find almond joy creamer? I must have some! Yummmmmeeee.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD today. So far....eggbeaters/ff cheddar/bread 100
greenbeans 100
coffee 100
Tonight:
salad for dinner...with chicken 240
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Hey Blonde!

I HATE not seeing my husband!!!! Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I never realized how much he did around the house that I just took for granted. And yes, it is very lonely at times. I'm hormonal right now so I went on a crying texting jag to my kids. Feel better now! LOL! So your husband isn't enjoying the full house so much?

I get my Almond Joy creamer at Walmart. It is sooooooooooooo good! Tomorrow is my DD and I'll have to go with SF French Vanilla. Meh.

Looks like a good DD to me. What did you have in your coffee today?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Laura...I'm sad for you! I've been married almost 35 years and I think I would react the same way! Hang in there. I imagine it will be fabulous to have your son home next month.

Hmm...my coffee wasn't even that good, just SF vanilla caramel powder...but I had three cups yesterday (not all at once) and it added up to 100 calories. I stuck with the meal plan so came in at about 540. Even at that my stomach was growling in bed last night. I do wish I could just monitor my calories everyday but for some reason it triggers a binge response or a craving for things I don't even like, but just want because I can't have them. I feel better but I also feel like my body is holding on to the pounds regained. I won't know for sure until I weigh in and I'm not ready to do that yet!

Up day today. Yippee!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A note about up days...

Mornings are fabulous with delicious cream filled coffee and breakfast is always good...mid-day meals are good but not as good as breakfast. By the time dinner rolls around, food has lost it's charm. My down day salads taste amazing. Up day dinners are...meh. Strange but true.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
"food has lost it's charm"...and THAT is a truth that doesn't happen for me. I am so happy for you, Blonde that food is losing it's power over you!

How's life treating you lately? I hope all is well Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jan, unfortunately I don't have to be hungry to eat. I am struggling. My weekend was really stressful, I got too tired, ate to feel better which doesn't last long. I didn't make it through my down day yesterday, didn't even try to do it today, hoping to start fresh tomorrow. I've spent the day working in the kitchen, cleaning out and re-arranging cabinets and putting together a "donate" box. I'm not finished but I've made great headway and feel a little better for having accomplished something.

I did this thing for a year and lost 40 pounds. Am I being unreasonable, stubborn? Should I try something else? I don't know if I can do something else. I have not done well at all this year and it's heading for May. It's so difficult with all these "eaters" around here. I am making excuses, I'm not blaming anyone but myself. Not only that, but I'm blessed with a wonderful family and husband and I'm taking that for granted. I think it's time to count my blessings and stop feeling sorry for myself (but it feels so good).

I appreciate the feedback and encouragement. Please hang with me.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Honey, complain away! Yeah, it may sound like you're making excuses but I like to call it VENTING! It's hard getting back on that wagon because it just seems to be whizzing by so fast! I spent a year gaining and not caring. In fact, I read on another forum a post that suited me completely. It read, "I didn't just fall off the wagon, I dove over the cliff into the creek down below."

At least you are doing something! Even working at it some of the time is better than throwing in the towel. I really, truly believe you will get your mojo back when you are ready. It is hard with a full house. My son was home this past weekend and I was tempted to let JUDDD slide but I held on. I've got the clawmarks to prove it! LOL!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura, I was totally venting. I love your "claw mark" analogy...that's exactly what it feels like..also ~Hanging on by a thread, fighting tooth and nail, fingers to the bone, etc.." I believe you're right, doing something is a good thing! Good for you for JUDDDing through your weekend! I applaud you and will try to take inspiration from you today as I eat my grilled cheese sandwich....

PS~ Does diving into the creek below count as exercise?

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-18-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

I seriously have a grilled cheese sandwich almost every UD. I make mine with coconut oil and gosh is it good. And not just ONE piece of cheese.

I consider diving an excellent calorie burner however flailing madly on the way down to the creek probably burns more!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Laura! You're funny!

Thursday. I'm reading about paleo again. Yep, I'm floundering and flailing and looking for an easy way, but there ain't one. I'm looking at something that may get my appetite under control, or lead me to make better choices. I'm searching for the holy grail....then I think about all the "eaters" around here, and how they will look at me if I go off on another tangent...

I'm seriously feeling a little coo-coo right now.

I'm wondering what's for breakfast....

Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

I really think paleo is a great way of eating. But I'm either ALL in or nothing so I was searching for grass fed beef, cream that wasn't ultra pasteurized, organic vegetables. I was making myself crazy!!! But I truly believe it is a great eating plan. I just have to have my junk now and again. There have been a lot of people who lost lots of weight eating paleo.

And no, there isn't an easy way out. Sad but true. I have to keep reminding myself I'm not in a race but I want this weight off fast! Too bad I wasn't thinking about that when I'd only gained 5 or 10 pounds. Oh no, being ALL or nothing I had to wait til I'd gained back over 50 pounds!! GAH!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too Ellgee, all or nothing. Even JUDDD is an all or nothing plan. Up days I can have it all, down days...nothing.

I realize that I've been all over the place lately. I haven't felt this desperate in a year. I told myself last night when I went to bed that today I can eat, but it must be low carb, whole foods. I want to stay at 50 or less per day (veggie carbs only). I have been on a runaway food train for too long. I will take tomorrow when it comes but today I'm low-carb.

I did some reading last night and was reminded of the insulin reducing, fat shedding properties of low carb eating and I'm willing to give it another try. Ideally I will JUDDD in a few days after my appetite is under control and continue low carb/JUDDD for as long as I can. I will try to keep my all or nothing attitude at bay. Jump start~ that's what I'm doing.

Laura, I love my junk. It's getting out of hand, though. Do you ever go through a phase where ALL you want is JUNK? Lately I've been craving candy, and I've NEVER been a sweets person! However, lately...I've been into the Easter candy...all I want is more candy. The "eaters" around here keep all kinds of "no-no" food around. I have refrained from lecturing. It
shouldn't be my "business" to tell parents how to feed their children. I never (okay, rarely) brought junk into the house when my kids were little. Their grandparents provided enough junk when they went to visit. I did this for them and for me. Apparently it's hard to resist.

B: Eggbeaters w/ a sprinkle of cheddar and salsa
L: Salad w/ Chicken
D: Chicken w/cooked Veggies
S: Almonds

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

You know, I think the low carb will do you good. When I do it right, I tend to "calm" down and not feel so frantic food wise. Maybe you just need a fighting chance to get yourself there.

YES - I go through phases where all I want is junk! I love chocolate, chips, cakes.......It is hard when you have "eaters" in the house. My husband, whose weight has probably only jumped maybe 20 pounds in the 23 years we have been together, eats the crappiest food I have ever seen. I just don't get it. He loves sweets - pies and cookies and cake. But I will tell you one thing. If we both have a pint of ice cream - mine is gone and he's still taking tiny bites of the first inch of his. He says he likes to taste his food. What's up with that? Or he will have a piece of cake and eat a few bites and save it. What a weirdo! Who only eats a few bites of cake?

I just don't know. He's doing something right.......

Your meal plan sounds great! Hope your day is wonderful!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the encouragement. I really would like to calm down a bit, and I think LC will help.

I love your sense of humor. My husband, too. What IS with that? He has a major sweet tooth though and has been know to eat licorice in bed watching TV, doze off, wake up and chew...I NEVER eat in bed. It's the one place, food-wise that's off limits to me. Some people are blessed with a good metabolism, good genes and an inability to ever freak about food. I'm not one of them. I definitely will get back to JUDDD. I feel really amazing after a down day.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday's LC adventure went as planned. I bought some Half n half to enjoy my coffee this morning. Todays breakfast was a frittata made with four eggs, zucchini, yellow squash, onion and mushrooms w/ alittle shedded cheddar. I split it with hubby. Lunch is 2 swiss LC cheese, tuna and bakenets (pork rinds) just a few...
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
right there with you blonde! you can do this!!!!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Yesterday's LC adventure went as planned. I bought some Half n half to enjoy my coffee this morning. Todays breakfast was a frittata made with four eggs, zucchini, yellow squash, onion and mushrooms w/ alittle shedded cheddar. I split it with hubby. Lunch is 2 swiss LC cheese, tuna and bakenets (pork rinds) just a few...
You are doing great Blonde, keep it up! LC will get the munchy monster back in line.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My LC event is continuing with good results...the "munchy monster" (thanks Maggie!) is getting under control! Hi Jan! Thanks for hanging with me! I hope you both are doing well.

So far, so great. I woke up this morning with a Flat(er) tummy. The bloat is gone. See, I know bread does this to me but I continued to eat it, a lot of it... in all the forms that bread comes made in...pasta, bread, pizza....crackers. It's kind of like cigarettes. Once I start, it's hard to stop. I don't smoke anymore thank goodness, but bread is socially acceptable and harder to kick. Will I ever smoke again? I sincerely think NOT. Will I ever eat bread again? Highly likely. BUT~currently bread and I are not friends and bread is not invited to my meals or snacks. The longer I stay away the more I can control my bread addiction.

Saturday~ veggie omelet, tuna salad, and grilled burgers (no bun) roasted brussel sprouts & carrots with a small salad w/ sunflower seeds (just a sprinkle). I was hungry before bed so had a few almonds.

Yesterday Breakfast was a previously grilled turkey burger w/ cheese. I had a huge veggie plate with DH for lunch. Jicama, baby carrots, mushrooms, and celery hearts. I added 2 little ramikins of blue cheese/light sour cream mixed, goat cheese (chevre) and a few laughing cow wedges. It took awhile to eat it, we were both stuffed with veggies and felt pretty good. Last night everyone else had bean and cheese burritos. I had a huge salad with shredded chicken, shredded cheddar and salsa with ranch (just a small amount of ranch). Yummy! Filling and satisfying. I'm sleeping better.

This morning I'm having a southwestern eggbeaters omelet. I plan on grilled chicken caesar salad for lunch (no croutons, dressing on the side), Dinner is up in the air but more than likely some form of protein and veg. I'm off to work to serve bread and pasta all day. Fun.

I can do this.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Of course you can! Bread is evil!!!!! Some on here have read Wheat Belly and it talks about the effect that it has on our bodies. I too bloat when I eat it and truly it is NOT fun. Glad to see you discovered what your body doesn't like.