Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
not sure i want to be ABC with you, my friend! (Associated By Computer!) in case those germs just come right on through the internet!\
Seriously...FEEL Better soon! What's going on that your immune system is struggling?

Are you teaching kinder or preschool?

Cause THAT would do it.

When did those sweet grandbabes move in...?

Love ya!
Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Ha! Exactly Jan! October move-in and sick since November. My computer is the only thing in my house that doesn't have a virus! The youngest is home sick today, DD is at her new, full-time job and today is my day off so I'm the sitter. I believe that sweet little darling is the culprit. She is always sick and I think she gives it to me when she wants to snuggle on my lap. How can I say no? "Get off, you've got germs"? I truly believe when they get their own place (please) it will be better. In the meantime I'm feeling better and trying to gain back momentum (instead of pounds).

I have come to the conclusion that it would be almost impossible to follow JUDDD while feeding a family. I am doing the best I can at the moment but it's not my best and I am disappointed in myself. I also feel I need a vacation away from home. No train trips for me this year since the family is no longer in Arkansas, but in my house. I'm grateful to have them home but I miss my old routines, quiet mornings, afternoon naps with DH on the weekend...gone but not forgotten and hopefully not gone for good. DH is miserable and still very grumpy. Sex? What's that?

Sorry about all the whining... but thanks for listening!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm really tired of thinking about food, reading about food, preparing food and watching food be prepared. The only thing about food I'm NOT tired of, apparently, is eating food.

Physically I am much better. I had two good down days last week with some walking and a couple of good medium days, along with a free-for-all weekend.....not so good. I will get back to the routine. I will. I will. I will.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

sometimes a person DOES just ...get tired... and that's OK, ya know. yes, of course you WILL get back on the weight loss wagon. but, until then...it's all good. YOU'RE good! how are the tiny typhoid marys?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here. I'm here. I will NOT disappear. I will persevere. I'll get my butt in gear. I will have no fear. I will shed NO tear, because I'm here.

Yep. I'm back. Here... that is. Today is a down day. My youngest Typhoid Mary has pneumonia and I have been nominated to stay home this week so others could go off to work and earn a living. We have gone through the McDonald's drive thru two times already. She is so thin that I'll feed her anything she'll eat. Today I had a large diet soda from McD's and that's all. Yesterday is gone, right?

I had a 100 calorie, low-carb shake for breakfast then proceeded to bake a spaghetti squash, whole, at 375 for 1 hour (after poking holes in it with a sharp knife). When it came out, I covered it with foil until it was cool enough to handle. At that point I cut it across the middle (not length-wise) and pulled out the seeds, shredded out the strands and I now have a gin-normous amount of the stuff. I had a small dish with salt and pepper and a large baby greens salad with no-cal dressing. I will make it through this down day with a clear conscience.

I am currently not sick at all and I'm grateful. I'm getting my hair changed tomorrow. I have very blonde hair, it's hard to maintain for obvious (brunette) reasons. So I'm going back to brunette with some chunky blonde highlights for a little drama. We won't even discuss where the greys come in....

Here's to getting in the groove!! Cheers!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down day BIG DUD yesterday. I half expected it, and I guess that's why I failed. Today is a new day. I'm going low-carb for a few days in hope of controlling my appetite. I haven't low-carbed in a year or so since it doesn't work well for me but it does work for a little while. I'm thinking in terms of protein and veggies and salad, staying away from pasta and rice and bread (my biggest challenge).

Hello to my friends who have taken a break from posting, for whatever reasons. I understand it. I miss you all and I hope you'll come back soon.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey girl! Just a quick scoot by to see how the last couple of days have gone for you. I think trying to restart something is like starting an old clunker. It may take a few times turning the key and it may sputter and die but eventually with enough cursing and praying, it roars to life! Now, it may die at the end of the road but that's another story! LOL!

Have a great weekend!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura! That's a great analogy! I did mostly low carb yesterday, so I think I can be completely low carb today. After a few days I'll start JUDDD again. Thanks for stopping by!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's nothing like weighing-in to B****-slap you back to reality!

I am up 15 whole pounds since October. 2 rounds of prednisone, too many days of NOT being on a down day or completing a down day and too many days of having up up and away days. The buck stops here. This is where we separate the boys from the men (or the slackers from the doers). I'm changing my weight in my stats, facing this debacle and getting on with it.

Today is a down day. I will complete it successfully. I will lose these extra pounds in the time it took me to put them on, but they will be gone.

By the way Jan, I hate my hair. I look like Cruella Deville.....what I really want to do is go to bed and stay there until my hair changes back and I lose 15 pounds but that's not gonna happen, right?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Sending you lots of hugs!!!!!!

No matter what weight you are I think that you are awesome, even if you think that you look like Cruella Deville. Which I highly doubt you do.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Dawn!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You WILL do it!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Maggie! I appreciate the support!

I'm checking in for the second time today to report that I've had about 200 calories today (including coffee creamer). I'm walking with a friend at 5:45 then coming home and having a giant romaine salad (45 calories) with about 250 calories of chicken breast so that I may come in at under 500 for today (just barely) but that's enough to make me feel like I am the one in charge.

I don't want to mess with the program. Tomorrow is an up day and that means whatever I want to eat (within reason). I would like to be way more mindful of what I'm picking but having an up day is what makes the down days tolerable. I know I can do this, so I'll just do it. I did buy some almonds for snack tomorrow, so that I can fit in better nutrition on the up days.

Thanks for checking on me, I really do appreciate the help and support.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

You go girl!!! You got a plan and you are doing it!! Yay you!

One day at a time, right?

And I, for one, happen to think Cruella Deville had awesome hair!

Laura
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! I made it through a perfect down day! Right you are, Laura...One day at a time!

I think the key to success (one of them, anyway) is to report to my journal, daily. I started this for accountability and you can almost bet that 9 out of 10 times, if I'm not here...I'm not on plan. Today is an up day but will not be an up up and away day. If I'm going to be successful I need to rein in my "free" eating. To me that means watching my sugar intake. Having two little granddaughters here means that there's always something in the kitchen that I shouldn't be eating. I've never been big on sweets and on my own I don't bring anything like that into the house unless it's a special special occasion. I'm more apt to bring in a bag of chips if I plan to be naughty.

My plan for the morning is southwestern eggbeaters w/ some cheddar for breakfast. Lunch will be chicken caesar salad sans croutons. It's my night to cook, so dinner is pasta with meat and mushroom sauce. I'm making it in the crock pot while I'm at work today so all I need to do is boil the pasta when everyone's ready to eat. I'm limiting my bread carbs to one meal today.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Yay you!

So I've been throwing around the idea of starting a journal. I"m with you. It can be a powerful tool in keeping us moving in the right direction.

Your food sounds wonderful today. Can you tell I'm having a DD?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blonde!

About the food for the littles...I too, have that issue. At my house it has evolved into a big decrease in sugar for the boys too. They already don't eat wheat or dairy, though I do bake (using other flours) for them. I don't buy processed foods for them either. They really haven't noticed that they don't get much sugar (because sugar is a treat, and they do get an occasional treat, not an everyday thing). Does anyone know if any of the artificial sweetners are safe for children?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura! This is the first time I've had a real journal and I think it's made a big difference in successful weight loss, especially when it's in a forum like this, where I can get lots of feedback and encouragement. I encourage you to do it and send me a link.

Today is a DD! Yesterday went as planned. The only thing to add is some almonds and a couple of small chocolates after dinner.

This morning I'll have eggbeaters & deli turkey scramble for breakfast (100). I'm planning a romaine salad with chicken breast for dinner (approx 290 cals). Coffee today was 65 cals. For a pre-total of 445. I can't give up the "softener" completely but I do measure, and have what I want on UD's. If I need a snack before dinner I'll have chicken broth w/ splash of Tapatio sauce (10 cals) That leaves me some leeway for an extra "veggie only" salad, midday... IF I think I'm starving (45 cals). That would make today's total 490. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jan! I'm not sure about artificial sweeteners and kids. I think like anything, moderation is the key. What about stevia? These girls get enough real sugar (too much) in my opinion. Sounds like you do a lot to ensure their health. Seems like wheat and dairy are in almost everything! What a good grammy you are!!

My DD on Wednesday went exactly as planned. Planned being the key word. Yesterday was an UD and it was good (aka yummy)... My biggest calorie intake (per dish) comes in the form of my morning coffee. I can easily rack up 100 calories before breakfast...I love my coffee creamer, nobody uses a tablespoon, right? This morning I'm trying fat free halfnhalf (again). 20 cals per 2 tbls, along with vanilla flavored coffee and splenda. Not as good, but 50 calories per morning rather than 100 is an improvement.

My plan for the day...
B: eggbeaters (30) turkey (70) coffee (50).
L: Diet soda, water, broth (10) (if starving)
S: chicken broth (10) Tapatio
D: Big romaine salad (40) chicken breast (240)

Total: 450

That gives me some leeway to have raw veggies sometime during the day if I'm really hungry, or an extra ounce of chicken with my dinner salad. My dinner salad is my biggest meal and always leaves me satisfied. I use calorie free dressing so I don't count it at all. DH is home today which can be a challenge, but I can do this.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Howdy, howdy! You are doing great, lady!

I so hear you on the coffee. I like mine light and sweet. On UD I have my favorite creamer and on DD I have tried just half and half or almond milk. It just isn't quite right. I have settled on sugar free French Vanilla creamer at 20 per T. Not perfect but certainly doable. What's you favorite thing to put in your coffee?

I'm going to have to try the chicken broth with Tapatio. I have been using chicken broth this week on DD and it has really helped get through some gnawing munchies.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 03-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura!

My favorite thing in my coffee? Ummmm. Baileys? Lol! Seriously I love french vanilla, but there is one out there called Italian Sweet Cream that just floats my boat. Also left over whipped cream from Holiday dinners...Light and sweet, my fav coffee! It feels so lame on DD's but I guess that's life.

Tapatio or tobasco would work. I like the kick from the hot sauce, makes the broth seem more substantial. What's your favorite down day snack?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I swapped out my 70 cals of turkey this morning for 70 cals of bacon. Not as much volume but still really good. It's 12:30 and I'm already thinking about dinner. Heading over to the Home Depot for garden stuff, that will keep me busy for a while longer. Maybe I need a giant icy cold diet coke. Today is the first day (one week later) that I've actually liked my hair....I really need to stop being so drastic with my changes. It's faded a little so the dark is not so dark. Maybe more Lily Munster than Cruella.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

OMG! I love the Italian Sweet Cream. I just finished off the Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream. Mmmmmmmm.

Favorite DD snack - that's a good question - I have a few things I use a lot but favorite.......we will call them doable. I like sugar snap peas because I can have a nice pile for 40 calories. Sometimes I'll eat them with a wedge of LC cheese. I also bought those GG bran crispbreads which are 12 calories apiece. They are reminiscent of cardboard but with a little LC on them and a slice of turkey, not bad. And the bran F-I-L-L-S you up! I'm digging the broth though. For next to no calories - someone on the JUDDD board recommended adding a tsp of heavy cream to it which I've done. Pretty good but I'm also going to try the Tapatio since I have a HUGE bottle in the fridge. I also bought these new Claussen pickles that are hot and spicy. Let me tell you, they are HOT and SPICY! I broke out in a sweat! And it took a long time to eat them so they lasted longer.

Well DD for me today - somehow the weekends are easier for me, not sure why. Have an empty house today but hubby will be coming into town tomorrow for a week of vacation. That might spell JUDDD trouble. I have him trained pretty well from my last JUDDD attempt. He always asks, "Is it high or low today?"

Talk to you later.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #715
Senior LCF Member

Oh and Lily Munster had rocking hair! Not to mention that snazzy dress........I always wanted one!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura I also LOVE sugar snap peas. Crunchy and sweet. I'm looking forward to our veggie garden this year with it's unlimited supply of cukes, zukes, tomatoes and yellow squash. I need to find some of those bran crisp things. There are times when something crisp, even cardboard-like would be welcome...especially at 12 calories! Where do you find them? You can JUDDD this weekend! Your next great meal is only a day away! Sounds like our down days are on the opposite right now. I like LC light swiss and herb and garlic. I use Walden Farms dressings on my DD salads or for veggie dip with a tbls of Fage stirred in. Yum.

Yesterday was a switch up day! I had my lettuce salad for lunch with my cup of chicken broth (35) and opted for a 250 frozen dinner- Chicken w/ Stir fry veggies and brown rice w/ about 20 cals of broccoli slaw steamed into it. I came in under 500 calories, went to bed hungry at 8:30 , slept like a stone and woke up feeling better than I've felt in a while. Another successful DD!!! Last night everyone had pizza for dinner (my nemesis) and I didn't touch it. That's major.

I haven't decide if Sunday will be a medium day. I was doing really well before by going every other day. Period. It's much harder now with so many people in house. M-W-F and one medium day on the weekend? I think that would work for me if I can actual KEEP one day medium, and not go UP.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally went back to bed this morning after DH left at 6 am. Got up at nine took a shower, got ready and went to work with out a plan for my DD. So I skipped breakfast and came home a little while ago and ate 100 calories worth of steamed green beans. Chicken and salad for dinner. I need to drink a big glass of water!

Check in later!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterdays DD was a success. I liked saving my calories for later in the day, and I kept my "coffee" calories to forty. Today I get some good coffee. Last night I was hungry (or so I thought) after dinner and had to give myself the "speech" about getting through the evening and being able to eat today. It worked. I'm always amazed at how well I sleep when my gut isn't overloaded with food!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gonna try this as an alternative to Chicken salad.

Bean Tostadas

2 Mission Yellow corn, extra thin Tortillas- or one Low carb tortilla (80)
1/4 c no fat refried beans- (45)
1 wedge LC cheese (35)
Shredded lettuce (15)
salsa, Tapatio (20)
(195)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Yesterdays DD was a success. I liked saving my calories for later in the day, and I kept my "coffee" calories to forty. Today I get some good coffee. Last night I was hungry (or so I thought) after dinner and had to give myself the "speech" about getting through the evening and being able to eat today. It worked. I'm always amazed at how well I sleep when my gut isn't overloaded with food!
Liked your little "speech" to yourself.