Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
copy 11.jpg Mother of the groom and Me (Right)

copy 8.jpg DD and Me

copy 5.jpg DD DS Bride and Groom

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-17-2011 at 08:03 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been sick, the chest cold got me but waited until after the wedding to really slam me.

The bride got a flat tire and the wedding was an hour late getting started. The flowers were beautiful, I had a houseful of people I love the most in the world, and we all arrived on time. My husband called the groom by my other son-in-law's name during his speech. The father-daughter dance was gorgeous! I was so proud of them both, and and couldn't help snickering a little when the groom's Mom cried into his shoulder for the whole dance. My Bestie leaned over and said "I'm sorry Hon, but that's creepy". There were undercurrents but it didn't matter. It was lovely and my daughter was so happy. AND...it didn't rain one single drop.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-17-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
OMG Blonde you look GORGEOUS!!! Those are such sweet pictures. Your family is so sweet. I am assuming your son and daughter (not the newly married one) are the twins? Your daughter made a beautiful bride and looks so much like her beautiful mom!

The wedding sounded perfect even with the little glitches. I am thrilled that you have been able to spend all of this time with them and I hope that you are starting to feel better.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
What wonderful memories you all made that day!!!

YOU are one gorgeous lady! Congratulations...you pulled it off. The wedding dress is stunning. The flat tire will be a story your daughter tells till the end of time...one of those funny now/but not then things.

Where will your daughter and new son in law live? Did the small granddaughters have a blast?

It's not surprising that you collapsed after...get better, and then YOU need a hunnymoon vacation :-)

Thank you for sharing

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you! It was a great day and the day after was fun too. We all (family and house guests) sat around outside drinking coffee and re-hashing everything. We heard stories of things we'd missed throughout the BIG day and "awwwed" and giggled and in some instances screamed laughter at the things that we missed...but someone else was privy to...

Actually, the bride and my son are the twins, lol! She's blonde blue/green and he's brown/brown. He actually looks quite a bit like his older sister, next to him. It was really cool seeing my guys all dressed up in tux's. I was an extremely proud Mom and wife, sister and Auntie, and Grammy.

Yesterday was the first real down day I've had in almost two weeks. I've had several medium days but between all the house guests and the chest cold it was nearly impossible. I am seeing the Doc this morning because my asthma has gotten involved in the chest cold and I really need to be able to work on Monday...I wonder if my going off plan was why the asthma came back? At any rate I may need a short course of prednisone to line myself out. I'm waiting for other pics to come and I can post a few more. When I click on the pics they come up bigger in a window....can everybody do that, or just the post-er?

PS~ Bridal bouquet by Me, pretty huh?

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-18-2011 at 06:14 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Just beautiful!!!! And you my dear, are stunning!

Loved hearing how nice the "after" was... and very relieved to hear that there was no major mishaps on the big day. What a beautiful day it was!!!!

Get well soon girlfriend!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 AM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle I love your new pic! Thank you all for the complements. I didn't know there was going to be a wedding when I started JUDDD, but I'm really glad I started JUDDD last December!

Dr. said prednisone for ten days! The good news is that prednisone works and will stop my asthma symptoms almost immediately...the bad news is that the stuff makes me antsy which is why I'm typing at 3:30 am. He said ten days will make sure I don't relapse during the Thanksgiving holiday. Not my regular Doc but he spent a good amount of time discussing this and answered all my questions. Also...the scale at the Doc's office said 195.4, fully dressed with shoes and a jacket.

DD and her new hubby have been in Big Bear this whole week. They've already been to Hawaii and Mexico together since they've been dating so Big Bear was a quick getaway at a timeshare that belongs to his family. She's called home everyday at some point to see what's going on around here and Thursday was her birthday, her twin brother was in L.A. making a promo for his bands tour this fall... so Birthday cake will be served at Thanksgiving.

Expecting my nephew and grandniece along with the new live-in family and the newlyweds for Turkey Day. My favorite Holiday of the year!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw thank you! Getting braver with the pictures I guess! lol

JUDDD definitely agrees with you! I remember way back when we first met and how we struggled so much...I'm just thrilled that you've found a new way of eating that suits your losing needs as well.

Ah the lovely prednisone! I had that once last year because I could not get rid of a cough and I was having sooo much wheezing... I was up nearly 24hrs a day with that stuff but it sure made me feel better! lol Glad you're on it now so hopefully the holiday will be more peaceful and relaxing for you... well, as relaxing and peaceful as it can be with a house full of people of course!

Birthday cake one of my faves!!

Be well my friend and keep on shining!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Medications all done, I feel better. Yesterday was an honest to goodness down day and I feel mentally better. I gained three pounds in the last ten days (Dr's Office scale) and she told me it was the meds and should come off pretty quickly. I will get back into my routine and I won't weigh again until I'm certain I've lost a few pounds...keeps me motivated.

JUDDD has been such a blessing and I'm coming up on my one year mark (Dec 5) and I really want to be 40lbs lighter...I'm hoping to make that goal but if not, then 38 or 36 or whatever, it's still so much farther along than I got last year with the ten lbs up and down the entire year. I'm stoked and know that I can do this indefinitely!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finishing up a LOOOONG day at work and a perfect down day. I felt better yesterday after completing Monday's DD, I'm thinking I will be better still tomorrow. Being at work all day helped me get through it, boredom is for sure my worst enemy.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

boredom gets me too! i'm so glad that JUDDD is the style that fits you, Blonde. I may get there. Last time i tried it, I struggled the most with the up days (I ate too much) and was starving on the down days. How are the grandbabies?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan I had some struggles is the beginning with overeating on the UD. It took awhile to adjust, but I did eventually. I was able to continue with JUDDD because I was overeating anyway, everyday, and this gave me a chance to back off of food at least every other day. Somedays I eat more than others, I try to not worry and just do my DD's. This has worked for me. My food choices have improved and I'm generally happy about my choices.

Grand girlies are great, a handful, darling, exacerbating, sweet, monsters, loving, spoiled rotten, and tenacious. I'm glad I'm not responsible for raising them and can take a back seat to discipline.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for little ones that brighten our lives! Have things settled down after all of the wedding excitement at your house? Everyone back "in the groove"?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I fear sometimes this "Stella" may never get her groove back...everything is so different now. Adjustments are still being made. DH is having the hardest time. Stress levels have decreased significantly though and I'm happy for that....a nice mini vacation away would be good but not plausible for awhile.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

is he still doing the grumpasaurus thing? if so, that's stressful for you!

i'm sipping my homemade broth. it's so hits the spot for me. right now, i'm working on a 500 cal day...i think you are inspiring me!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad to see the 2 of you are doing well!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan that's great! 500 calorie days are not so bad...you can eat eggbeaters at 30 calories per 1/4 cup. Romaine is negligible. One thing I've found is to try to eat real food. Frankenfoods don't last well. The only artificial food I eat is Fullbites (sometimes). They really help fill me up when I'm extra hungry. Good luck! I love broth especially when it's cold outside. Very satsifying. I like hot tea, too! I'm on a down day today and having lunch with my BFF so I will have a big salad with balsamic vinegar and chicken breast. That will leave me enough calories for steamed veggies later if I need them.

Hi Danielle....you all moved in??
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Moved in and everything is everywhere! 3 teenagers is no easy feat! Well, actually, my son, he's the dream...he totally has his room all unpacked, organized and it looks like he's been livin there awhile LOL My girls on the other hand..... Messy messy!

Trying to finish my last week of school (finals), deal with the move, Christmas, and a seperation... I'm waaayyy overwhelmed! To say the diet is hurtin is an understatement! I know what I gotta do tho and I'll get back to it in a couple days...I need time to decompress a bit.

Thrilled that the diet is still working workin workin! You make it look soooo easy!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Me. It's getting harder and harder to find a moment to login here.

I'm doing okay JUDDD-wise, but I have some sort of sinus infection and the rain makes my head feel like a helium balloon. Both little girls are sick and not going to school today, luckily I have to work, .
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh noooo! No more sickies for you!! Hope it passes quickly and doesn't throw down this time!

Hooray for good down days! I know you'll do fantastic this month, you got this mama!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

missing you a lot. feel better, k?

jan
Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 AM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been so busy that my JUDDD anniversary passed by without notice.
so here are the stats:

Dec 5 2010

Weight: 240
Pant Size: 20/22 (womens)
Shirt Size: 22/24
BP: 130/85 (with meds)
Glucose: 105

Dec 5 2011

Weight: 199.6 (lowest weight 196.4)
Pant Size: 16 (misses)
Shirt Size: 16 (misses)
Glucose: 95
BP: 117/70 (with meds)

Things that I can do now that I COULD NOT do before:

Work a 4 hour lunch shift without feeling I'm dying.
Get down on my knees and get back up.
Bend over and pick things up off the floor.
Put on shoes and socks with ease.
Paint my own toenails.
Sleep without pain (most of the time).
Wait a day to have something I want.
Stop eating when I'm full.
Not eating when I'm not hungry.
Prepare meals that are low cal and filling and actually enjoying them.

That's all for now. My goal for this DD is to go back and re-read my journal to see how far I've come, to re-commit to following this way of eating and lose another 40 pounds in 2012.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #653
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Congratulations, Rose! You should be very proud of yourself.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

your accomplishments are an amazing testimony to the benefits of a "regular" body weight. WTG! i am so happy for you that you are able to do so much more and feel so much better - YOU are in charge, and it's obvious that it's working! mucho congratulations to you!

"Not eating when I'm not hungry." DANG, you can do that? impressive!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

What a fantastic year you've had with JUDDD! So happy to know you've found your way to success, it definitely is inspiring and motivating to see you so happy!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New LOW: 196.2

Leo!! Thank you! It's good to hear from you. You are the one who introduce me to JUDDD and I'll be forever thankful. How are you doing? Is maintenance a place to look forward to?

Jan, NOT eating when I'm not hungry is a side effect of NOT eating when I'm starving. I've definitely learned the difference between the two. Not to say I never ever stick food in my mouth when I don't really need it. It happens.

Danielle, I am so proud of my accomplishments but as you know, I can't rest on my laurels or they'll grow back on me. One thing I've learned over the last 10 years is that I must keep at it or it will overcome me again. For whatever reason, the body wants to return to it's FULL figure. I don't really get that. One would think that it would want to stay at the healthier weight...but alas, no.

I've had a solid perfect week of DD's and up day's and my weight has shifted back down to lower than my previous 196.4. I'm hoping this means the effects of the prednisone are gone. This is when I let it ride until I feel the need to weigh again. Sometime next month.

Hope everyone is enjoying the crisp weather, I for one am dreaming of skinny margaritas poolside...
Old 12-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #657
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Blonde-
Maintenance has challenges of its own! I assumed that my 'food issues' had gone away with the weight, but once I found myself thinking about the 'occasional' indulgence, they came roaring back.

During weight loss, I was 'hard core,' and never thought about having a dessert or bagel for breakfast, but in maintenance, I've discovered that I have both 'trigger foods' and 'trigger situations,' both of which often take me by surprise.

I'm learning, but it's a steeper learning curve than I anticipated. However, it's worth it because I am really enjoying NOT being obese for the first time in my life! Ironically, now that I'm retired, I have more clothes than I need, but I keep buying because I love my 'small' sizes.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

good morning blonde, and hi to leo. i double ditto everything leo says about Maintenance. it IS fun, but i too find it harder in some ways than being in major loss mode.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ladies!

Had a birthday party yesterday, of course it rained on our outdoor party at the park but we had a nice pergola over us and had some fun. Kids (and adults) made reindeer out of brown paper lunch bags and I made 8 dozen sugar cookies to decorate as another activity. We brought a GIANT pizza cut into squares and it was demolished. GD8 had a great time and GD5 was very upset that her birthday wasn't coming until Feb... Felt completely trashed when it was over, my cough still is hanging on after a month, and I couldn't wait to go to bed.

One week before Christmas and I'm unprepared, not really like me but there has been so much going on it's hard to get it together. I hate being one of those people, but I'm thinking gift certificates all around...

DD today, weight control oatmeal for breakfast, chicken salad for dinner. That's all folks.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I truly feel cursed. I have been walloped with another chest cold before I stopped coughing from the last one. I'm beginning to think it's too many people under one roof passing germs around. I missed work yesterday and I'm making every effort to go today and maybe unload my shift for Wednesday if possible. I can't help thinking that all this holiday eating has been contributing to my general ill health. I'm trying to stay out of the Doctor's office, so I'm drinking lots of fluids, and using my nebulizer every four hours, taking mucinex...

I will be 56 next month...time to get the lead out.