LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Let me rephrase, Exhausted byt happy with the fam!

New report:

Woo Hoo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
grandbabies as weight-loss tools...i know it works for me!

congrats on a new low!

jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Let me rephrase, Exhausted byt happy with the fam!

New report:

Absolutelyfreakinfantastic!!!

You are knockin on Onederland's door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thank you!! I feel great and I'm doing my JUDDD thang!

The Bridal shower was on Saturday and it was lovely. Fall flowers in bright orange centerpieces, everyone had their own wineglass with their name in script. There was so much food! All kinds of good cheeses to pair with the wines, meatballs and apple chicken sausages cut into bite size pieces and cooked in a crockpot with ketchup, grape jelly and a dash of bbq sauce. DD's future MIL had a chocolate fountain and the wind gusted up and threw chocolate all over the shrimp on ice! I walked over as she was mopping up the mess and she said "We have chocolate disaster". I gave her a High-five and told her "Yes! NOW we can relax." There were about 35 ladies and DD got some beautiful lingerie and sheets and towels and many gift certificates. It was a fun day and at the end when we were cleaning up, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. When I got home and unloaded everything I suddenly got a second wind and I was so happy and relieved to have it behind me. Next stop...wedding. 11-11-11.

We're all adjusting to blended family life. Sometimes it's cake and sometimes not but I've wished to have my eldest DD and family home for 7 years, and whatever comes I'll never be sorry they're here. Everyday is a learning experience!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Onederland, I have arrived!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #606
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Onederland, I have arrived!
Woo Hoo!!! I'm so utterly happy for you.

You deserve this.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great, Blonde!!! Congratulations! Are you celebrating?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not too much in the line of celebrating. Yesterday I came home from work sooo tired. Finally at 7:00 I excused myself to lie down for a minute and woke up at 5:00 am this morning. I guess I needed it. Yesterday was a down day and I had 150 calorie bag of Full Bites after work and didn't eat again. Sometimes I need to sleep more than I need to eat.

The wedding approach-eth...I will have 4 more guests that weekend and we'll be stacked up like cord wood. All family members from out of town. I tell myself it will be fun and I believe myself. I'm spending a fair amount of time with myself on this subject. It has been trying here lately. The youngest GC missed three days of school last week, the eldest spent the weekend with a recurring tummy ache. DH is grumpy, doesn't want the young ones on his computer or his leather chair, of course they don't comply, then he gets mad at me for not endorsing the rules. So I am now endorsing the rules and that makes me grumpy... and tired apparently.

It's not all bad, I'm enjoying the Grand Kids, my daughter etc. I think when the wedding is over DH and I will exit for a day or two...now that's a reward to look forward to......
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW!!! BIG congrat's on the 199!!!! That is fantabulous! Must feel super duper good, huh?

Oh I have done the living with family thing, it's rough. I'm sure it doesn't help when the little ones aren't feeling well either. Men are such creatures of habit and very territorial with their stuff. Mine is the same way and there are times where *I* really just don't feel like enforcing his rules. Be sure and take care of yourself lady, a bumpy road is coming up with this wedding we need you strong and able to leap buildings in a single bound.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Congratulations on the 199!!!! Wooooohoooo!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
ONDERLAND, my dear friend! Congratulations!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow it's so hard to get here these days!

Busy with everything, wedding plans, grandkids, work etc. I'm feeling really good and I continue to lose weight but I've resisted the urge to jump off and on the scale. I can tell by my clothes, though. Today I'm cleaning out my closet and drawers and I'm letting go of things I wore 40 pounds ago. You'd be surprised how long you can actually wear things...my biggest size to go is 20 and my smallest is 18. I'm keeping my work pants for now. I bought my outfit for the wedding. A size xl ( not 1X, not xxl) ankle length mermaid skirt in black velveteen. The bottom has sheer insets to make it flow around the ankles. Very pretty and slimming. The top is a shell/jacket combo (16) black with tiny tiny sparkles shot throughout. It is an evening wedding and the jacket will look spectacular in the lighting. The collar and cuffs are black satin and 3/4 length sleeves. Very slimming! I still have to find shoes (argh) and accessories but I'm happy to have that done. People have been bugging me about waiting so long.

Less than three weeks til the big event!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Your dress sounds gorgeous!!! I'd love to see some pics!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Jan and Dawn!!!

I had a great weekend. My son is back after 60 days of touring the U.S. with his metal band. I missed him like crazy. We had a BBQ last night, lots of fun and back to work today. The wedding is in less than two weeks. I can hardly wait til it's over.

I think we're all settling in here, got trick or treat tonight and then DH's birthday tomorrow! My twins have a birthday on the 17th...then Thanksgiving. My life is packed with events for the next few months, and I'm so happy that JUDDD fits so well into my lifestyle. My down days lately have been really low, around 250 calories. It's been challenging because I'm cooking so much more but also easier because I'm so busy.

I packed a 40 gallon trash bag full of ill fitting clothes and I'll drop it off today on my way to work. I also did a little clothes swapping with my eldest DD. That was fun! She is three inches taller than me and some of my nicer things fit her well in the sleeves and some of her things were a perfect fit for me.

I'm reading the Complete Tales of Winnie-the Pooh to my youngest grand daughter at bedtime, one chapter at a time. It's sweet and she really likes Pooh bear. It's like a dream come true to have them back in my life everyday.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So exciting, Blonde!! Can't wait to hear all about the big event! And how sweet that you are reading with your granddaughter. What a wonderful opportunity for both of you!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

9 days until the wedding! I feel slightly under the weather this morning, just a little "off". We had DH's birthday last night. He is 60 and was totally Mr. Grumpy Pants yesterday. We went for a motorcycle ride, then he came home and "detailed" his bike. Lots of housecleaning planned for this week. My baby brother and his wife will be here next Thursday, along with my nephew and his daughter. DH is putting up a 6 man tent in the back yard so my eldest daughter's family can "camp-out" the night before the wedding. I thought we should keep them in the house but the little girls are excited to sleep outside and DH says it will be better to have room to move around inside the house. The morning of the wedding is going to be a circus for sure. We have someone coming that morning to "do" hair for us, and she will go later to the wedding sight and take care of the bride. I feel a little nuts right now. the mother-in -law to-be is a basket case and it may be infectious...

I will try to upload some photos of the event after the fact, if I can figure it out!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

You have A LOT going on! From afar it all sounds like crazy fun...family, friends, love all around. Yep! Weddings and reunions are awesome. But...if you are the one who has to make sure that there are enough clean towels, who organizes who is allergic to what foods, and who arranges for who sleeps where and how everyone is going to move about... just a tad of stress. So, here's to hoping that the "under the weather" feeling isn't some bug that found their way to your busy self, and that you can make some beautiful memories in upcoming days.

I would LOVE to see pictures!!! Your dress. Her dress. The food (yeah, I know, I'm an addict), the dancing, the little girls...

I wish you health and happiness.

LOL for Mr. Grumpy Pants!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stress...stress stress stress. I have cold sores on my bottom lip. I'm going to the wedding with cauliflower mouth. Swell. Rain is predicted for the outdorr wedding, DD and SIL are fighting. ARGH!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

OH Sweets, you gotta try and relax some!! Do you have meds for your ouchies? I've never had cold sores but DH swears by that Abreva stuff.
Try and hang in there and know that everything will be perfect!
I will do extra rain dances over here so the rain comes here, Lord knows we sure could use it all!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

YOU will be beautiful...no matter what! Tell me about your dress again. And the outdoor setting. AND I know that your daughter will be stunning on her special day!!! Fun!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's 4 in the morning, I'm coughing and cold and feeling very sorry for myself. I have to let go of the things I have no control over. I'm an early bird, I plan ahead, I take the time needed to do things right...Everyone else is coming along kicking and screaming all the way and I'm just overwhelmed.

I'll be back later, hopefully with a better attitude.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Sending you a hug! It is hard when you are a planner and you have to deal with the "fly by the seat of your pants" people!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's 4 in the morning, I'm coughing and cold and feeling very sorry for myself. I have to let go of the things I have no control over. I'm an early bird, I plan ahead, I take the time needed to do things right...Everyone else is coming along kicking and screaming all the way and I'm just overwhelmed.

I'll be back later, hopefully with a better attitude.
Awwww, friend...Just breathe. Take a walk. Grab a glass of wine. Weddings are always emotional. Actually, GATHERINGS of family are emotional. Someone always doesn't want to play nice or share

More hugs for you!!!!

How is the bride holding up?

Jan

Hi Dawn!!! Missing you!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Big big hugs sweetheart. Everything will turn out beautifully I KNOW IT! Take care of you lady.

Hi Jan! Hi Dawn!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo Danielle! Where are Christine and Stacey? We need them to chime in on all these wedding issues

How's it going tonight Blonde? I'm guessing that you are having more fun than me...I'm in my office, entertaining myself, while my board of trustees is in the room next door...talking about me. I hope they are getting along!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can I just say how much I love you all? My Cyber Sisters! Thank you for the comfort. I'm in a situation in which I cannot lose my head and I can't really say anything to anyone else in the family because it's all family related...

I took the day off from work to nurse myself yesterday. I took mucinex and drank water and tea and tried to chill out and this morning I feel a little bit better. Still really congested and my cough sounds gnarly but my frame of mind is better.

The bride is doing the best she can considering we have to change the outdoor wedding to and "under the tent wedding", but it will still be beautiful. She went on Saturday and got "lashes" and they look really beautiful. Her fitting is done, the dress is ready, her bridesmaids are all fitted, the fresh flowers are coming tomorrow night...we'll be making her bridal bouquet, the boutinieres (sp?), the bridesmaids bouiquets and the flower girl's bouquets. We will be up until the butt-crack of dawn doing all this. The rehearsal dinner thankfully is just beer and pizza and I'm sending DH and DD with her girls to the rehearsal (since I'm in charge of flowers). My brother and his wife will be in today, they rented a car so I don't have to pick them up at the airport and I plan on putting my SIL to work on the flowers with me.

Right now everyone is asleep and I'm enjoying the quiet before the storm. Remember the movie where all the college friends get together for the weekend of a funeral? I love that one even though the title escapes me at the moment. I don't have high expectations of everything running smoothly, I'm a realistic romantic...I just keep saying my mantra "Keep your head". It's always scary to think about losing one's cool in the middle of a family gathering. Sort of like "Russian Tourettes" where you end up saying the very thing you didn't want to say, and saying it ten times more heatedly than was even warranted. Family gatherings are so emotional for me, I've lost some people over the last couple of years...I don't take it for granted. I just don't want any trouble, and figure that's unrealistic.

I will try to post pics next week, get someone to help me so you can see the dresses and flowers etc. Thank you again for hanging with me, it means so much to be able to vent and get such loving feedback from my friends.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

Love you lady. Have a beautiful wedding, tent or no tent it will all be gorgeous. I can't wait for pictures, and am really looking forward to seeing YOU in your new dress...*hint* *hint*..

Family get-togethers are always stressful..boy do I know ... but I'm praying everyone will be on their best behavior so as not to take it away from the bride & groom.. this is their day!

Rest up lil lady you've got the final laps to run, you can do it! If I was there I would so help you with those flowers!

Take care of you!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Who's doing the flowers with you? Share a bottle of wine (or two) and make it a pre-party with plenty of silliness. Laughter is a great stress reliever. If the guests have started to arrive the event has begun! Yay! I am so sorry that you are sick. Is there someone who can/will hep you out?

Thinking of you...well...and wedding cake!

Take care, my friend
Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wedding Day to your DD!!! We look forward to seeing pictures.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

waiting......

patiently of courseJan