Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
HIya! I'm here, life is so busy right now it's unbelievable. About to lose my mind getting the two bedrooms ready for the family, it's been over 100 degrees for the last three days and I have another UTI. Third one in 4 months. I have a physical planned for next week so I'll talk to my Doc, in the meantime I have meds so I'm doing better. We are shifting so much crap around the house, moved DS all the way out (he moved out in Feb and left everything here), now DD has to pack her stuff (she moved out in April) and move it out. I'm desperate to get it done by the end of the month. I had delusions of painting and redoing the floors but as it stands they'll be be lucky to have a place to put their beds!

JUDDD is going great, I'n not weighing til the end of the month, so I just JUDDD along and hope for loss.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
luv ya, lady!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Jan! How goes the war?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Oh no......UTI!?!? I hope you're feeling better!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine! So good to hear from you! How are you darlin?

Big excitement yesterday! 5 million people (1.4 million customers) had no power for over 12 hours in San Diego County, parts of Mexico and Arizona. It was 100 degrees where I live and gross without air conditioning. I felt like a superstitious cave dweller. DH works for the University and got called back halfway home to start generators and help people who were stranded in elevators. He came home at 1:00 am just in time to get our generator going and have the power come back on anyway! He had half melted ice cream for dinner and is already back to work. Beaches are closed due to massive sewage leaks, some communities are under "boil water" orders and most schools are closed as well.

I learned that I have no battery powered radio, not enough candles, I don't keep my cellphone charged and my landline (cox cable) doesn't work during a power outtage. People were scrambling for bag ice (not me) and a few store were open, in the dark, using calculators for purchases. I'm glad I have a job that pays me tips so I had cash! Yay! Keep a stash of cash, batteries and a car charger (note to self).
Old 09-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday night, last day of antibiotics, Yay! Had a really good down day (the first in a few days). Something about the meds make me feel puky. We are still working on the rooms for the fam,,,can't seem to move fast enough! This has been a reckoning, a long time coming. I told DH we need to do these things now while we are still capable of moving furniture by ourselves. Actually it's only funny because it's true!

Work tomorrow, slinging more Neverending Pasta Bowl. I cannot believe how much food some people can eat in one sitting.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday, UP day! Yay!

Nothing to report today, I feel good.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so excited!!!
I just got back from my physical. My Doctor was thrilled with me weight loss!

She took me off of one of my two BP medications. I told her what I was doing (JUDDD) and she said, "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it"! The digital scale at the Doctor's office says I weigh 202.4! I'm going with that!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
OMG, awesome!!!!!!!!!! You must be so thrilled! Great work, my friend!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been working so hard this weekend, lifting and moving boxes and furniture and motorcycles...I'm thinking of looking for a Union job as a laborer! DH is very impressed with my muscles. He didn't realize that working as a server could make someone stronger. I have one more weekend left before they arrive on the following Thursday. I've been cherishing every moment of peace and quiet because I know it won't be that way again for awhile. On the other hand I get very excited for the coming holidays knowing I will spend them with the whole family. I can get pretty melancholy around Christmas, I don't think I'll have time for that!

Yesterday's D was great. I made a wonderful chicken dish from garden zucchinis and tomatoes! Had it for Breakfast and dinner. Dh thought it was delicious, too. This mornings fare was eggbeaters and a delicous hearty wheat bread with a slice of Jarlberg. Yum! Don't forget the salsa.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #581
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You are doing AMAZING!! I could not be prouder of you lady!!!
JUDDD seems to truly mesh with your lifestyle.

I had to go back and read up on what has been going on in your world in regards to your family. Wow woman, you're a saint to open your home up. I know any parent would do it, but when you think about the reality of that sitch, think about giving up your space, etc... very selfless of you guys. How amazing it will be though for the holidays!!!!!! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear of all the fun your family will have.

Keep keepin on lady, success looks fantastic on you!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Danielle, I'm no saint. I'm not doing anything that any other mom wouldn't do, to get her kids home again. It's temporary (how long, nobody knows) but I'm going to make the best of it. I love the "idea" of cooking for a big family again, and teaching some things to my granddaughters...like watercolor and baking and how to organize toys...lol. So many times I want to buy them something cute to wear and they grow so fast I can't keep track of sizes, now they'll be right here! My only real concern is the pets. I have three dogs (one belongs to youngest DD and 1 outdoor kitty. They have four dogs (1 is ancient and 1 weighs 3lbs) and 1 indoor kitty. My oldest dog will not tolerate cats, she wants to eat them, so the indoor cat is a problem. I'm trying to get DS to foster the cat w/ his new kitten...Yikes. Just waiting to cross that bridge when I get to it. If it gets hairy (no pun) the visiting pets can go in DH's garden area, it's fenced and the veggies are slowing down anyway.

Down day today. Rockin' JUDDD my way!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is my Friday, and a down day. I've been taking advantage of the fresh zucchini and yellow squash on DD's. Great with eggs or chicken and garden tomatoes.

Had one glass of wine too many last night, didn't sleep well and feel a little yuck this morning. Did it to myself, so I get what I get. My DD and family will be here next week, Thursday most likely. I'm not prepared. Still have cleaning and carpet removal, furniture moving and shifting of rooms to do. We've done all of the packing of boxes and storing away of clutter but it's going to be a tight squeeze. My other DD is shirking on getting her old room emptied out...She may find herself in trouble (yeah sure) with me.

I feel like JUDDD is moving forward again. For a long time I was plateauing, and though I haven't weighed since the Dr. visit I feel like I've lost more weight. My size 18 jeans and jean shorts can all be removed without unbuttoning or unzipping and I think I should consider trying on a 16, and letting the old pants go bye bye.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

I say it's time for new jeans!

Things will get done in time and everyone will be relieved to just be there. you're an awesome mama. Well, except for maybe the one that didn't clean out her room. LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #585
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
..........I feel like JUDDD is moving forward again. For a long time I was plateauing, and though I haven't weighed since the Dr. visit I feel like I've lost more weight. My size 18 jeans and jean shorts can all be removed without unbuttoning or unzipping and I think I should consider trying on a 16, and letting the old pants go bye bye..........
Woo Hoo! I love how you're just keepin' on Keep'in On with the JUDDD!

The days of our lives pass so quickly, and they should be filled with a whole lot more than just focusing on a diet. I like how you've made your JUDDD way of eating just a normal part of your life, you no longer have to dwell on it, and now your focus and your life is so filled with plans and thoughts of all the fun you're going to be having with grandchildren and the hubbub and joy of having them all back home with you for awhile.

Congrats on needing to pull on size 16s instead of 18s now! That's exciting news! You're doing such a great job, and deserve your weight loss success. Hugs!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Ladies! JUDDD is a natural part of my life for sure. I don't have to think about it (much) and I'm still amazed at how much food I can actually eat on a down day if I include lots of healthy green veggies. Today at work we "traded" food with another restaurant, everyone was rushing to the break room to see what they sent and I didn't even look. No point, right? DD is just that, a rest to my digestive system, and a break from eating too much.

I had a very weird dinner tonight...a can of salmon, spicy brown mustard, Walden farms dressing and a huge handful of broccoli slaw, all wrapped up in a low carb tortilla. Amazing what you'll eat when you're really hungry and don't want to cook anything! It was actually pretty good and I'm done for the day.

Thanks for checking in with me, I SOOOO appreciate the support and good wishes. We all want the same thing and getting it our way.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can I talk about the scale? The scale is our friend and the scale is our enemy...so it's a Frien-emy, for sure.

Why do people get so involved in their scale weight? It is physically impossible to gain "fat" over night, and yet the reports of 4oz down bring cheers and 2oz up bring tears. I don't get this. Is it a reason to continue with the plan or a reason to stop because it's not working?

While following JUDDD I have lost a good amount of weight and I have a long way to go, but at one point in time, my scale didn't budge for almost three months. I only weigh 1x a month (or less) and this plateau would have been scary except for the fact that I knew I had lost weight! My clothes told me that, and my car steering wheel told me that, my feet told me, too. All over the web I see reports of "I ate and gained" or "I starved and gained" or "I suffered and lost, but now it's back today...when just yesterday I was so much skinnier". I'm not knocking keeping track of your weight loss but our biggest problem seems to be our fat heads.

Goodness knows that many of us got fat by ignoring the scale completely, I'm not suggesting that. I think if we follow our plan and never weigh more than once a week (for me that's still too often) and trust in ourselves, we'll be happier and more content with our plan. If you're on plan, don't sweat it. I know there is thrill in seeing the numbers go down, but what about the torture of self doubt when the scale hasn't moved in days (or weeks)? That's where you have to fight your fat head mentality, and keep pushing through. Screw the scale, look at your body, listen to yourself. More people fall off plan completely because they are doing everything right and the scale says "nope, not this week fatty, you must be doing something bad". And so out come the crackers or the ice cream or the cookies or whatever soothes you. And weirdly enough, after a binge like this the scale may reward you with a 1/2lb loss. Do you think you lost weight on a cookie diet? Of course not. It was the plan kicking in, and now you feel horrible. It's very hard to come back from a binge to plan if you are now punishing yourself for "cheating" and you want more ice cream and you aren't losing weight and "oh well", I'm having pizza and tomorrow I'll go back to plan". You know what comes next. I do. All last year, I lost the same 10 pounds over and over again, using my fat head mentality.

The scale is a powerful tool, our frien-emy. Use it carefully. Just sayin'.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #588
Blabbermouth!!!

You are so right! I have every intention of staying off the scale once I truly get going with plan. With this lifestyle being a total switch to what I've known for so long, I admit, I have been using the scale to gauge how my body is reacting to things. I "dieted" my way back up from 150lbs all the way to 250 lbs and I sure as hell don't want that again. And the biggest roadblock for me was that damn scale. Right now I've been on and off throughout the week to sort of gauge what's going on. Being dx with pre-diabetes kinda has me wondering if WW really is the right plan for me so I'm trying to be careful.

So many times I have used the scale as an excuse eat poorly because I'm feeling badly about something totally unrelated to weightloss. I think once you can try and get yourself out of an emotional eating state, staying away from the scale is ALOT easier. I've done alone of mental work this past year, struggled with staying on a plan, off on off on several times and it was because of other things going on in life. Now that things are coming together, I'm finding that I can stay on track better, be less emotional and find that I can stay off the scale!

Great post! ♥
Old 09-24-2011, 04:51 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think WW is perfect, even with pre-diabetes, but it has to be a good plan for you, so you'll stay with it. Just the act of doing WW will help you find a strategy for eating everyday, which leads to "lifestyle". Don't question it too much, just believe in yourself and follow along for awhile, like an experiment.

I know losing weight will help with pre-diabetes , because at my last physical my fasting glucose had come out of the "pre" stage and back into "normal". I'm so proud of you for getting out and walking.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Can I talk about the scale? The scale is our friend and the scale is our enemy...so it's a Frien-emy, for sure.

Why do people get so involved in their scale weight? It is physically impossible to gain "fat" over night, and yet the reports of 4oz down bring cheers and 2oz up bring tears. I don't get this. Is it a reason to continue with the plan or a reason to stop because it's not working?

While following JUDDD I have lost a good amount of weight and I have a long way to go, but at one point in time, my scale didn't budge for almost three months. I only weigh 1x a month (or less) and this plateau would have been scary except for the fact that I knew I had lost weight! My clothes told me that, and my car steering wheel told me that, my feet told me, too. All over the web I see reports of "I ate and gained" or "I starved and gained" or "I suffered and lost, but now it's back today...when just yesterday I was so much skinnier". I'm not knocking keeping track of your weight loss but our biggest problem seems to be our fat heads.

Goodness knows that many of us got fat by ignoring the scale completely, I'm not suggesting that. I think if we follow our plan and never weigh more than once a week (for me that's still too often) and trust in ourselves, we'll be happier and more content with our plan. If you're on plan, don't sweat it. I know there is thrill in seeing the numbers go down, but what about the torture of self doubt when the scale hasn't moved in days (or weeks)? That's where you have to fight your fat head mentality, and keep pushing through. Screw the scale, look at your body, listen to yourself. More people fall off plan completely because they are doing everything right and the scale says "nope, not this week fatty, you must be doing something bad". And so out come the crackers or the ice cream or the cookies or whatever soothes you. And weirdly enough, after a binge like this the scale may reward you with a 1/2lb loss. Do you think you lost weight on a cookie diet? Of course not. It was the plan kicking in, and now you feel horrible. It's very hard to come back from a binge to plan if you are now punishing yourself for "cheating" and you want more ice cream and you aren't losing weight and "oh well", I'm having pizza and tomorrow I'll go back to plan". You know what comes next. I do. All last year, I lost the same 10 pounds over and over again, using my fat head mentality.

The scale is a powerful tool, our frien-emy. Use it carefully. Just sayin'.
Good points. I think it helps some people to diet if they become obsessive about their weight on the scale. But intelligent people come out with silly things, like: "I ate a piece of cake yesterday and put on a pound".
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think WW is perfect, even with pre-diabetes, but it has to be a good plan for you, so you'll stay with it. Just the act of doing WW will help you find a strategy for eating everyday, which leads to "lifestyle". Don't question it too much, just believe in yourself and follow along for awhile, like an experiment.

I know losing weight will help with pre-diabetes , because at my last physical my fasting glucose had come out of the "pre" stage and back into "normal". I'm so proud of you for getting out and walking.
Thanks Blonde, I am workin it for all it's worth. I am for sure keeping the course and just going to *listen* to my body better and watch for signs of trouble. While I tend to try and stay away from most starch and sugars, I haven't been strict and it seems to be ok. I feel good, my energy is starting to come back and the scale is moving. I think for months and months now my body has been screaming at me not to go back to low carb and wanted a desperate change. I had to get real honest with myself and find a place of weightloss that was acceptable to me; sure I could probably lose more than 8 pounds a month if I really worked the program for every drop and exercised like a total demon, but realistically that's just not me. I'm content with the idea of 8lbs a month x 9 mon. and getting off potentially 70+ pounds. This will allow me to also enjoy my 1 or 2 evenings with my husband/family when I want and know that all the while I AM working the program to fit me. A very freeing perception, one that I have been after for a very long time. Feels like a weight's been lifted! I'm out of test strips or I'd test my bg and see where I'm at, but I don't "feel" bad like I remember before. One thing I am trying to make sure I do is when I do eat fruits and starch, I do try and combine it with some sort of protein, it seems to keep my energy up more and less hungry.

The walking... wow I dunno even what to say except I LOVE it. I love pushing thru that tiredness nearing the end of the 2nd mile, knowing I've got at least one more mile to go and feeling the adrenaline kick in and push past the tired. I can only imagine how its gonna feel for the running!! Excitement!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle I would never knock low carb, it has been a life saver for so many, but it has never worked for me like I wanted it to work. I eat fairly low carb on my down days, it just works out that way, but I don't even think about carbs or no carbs on my up day. I imagine in the long run my overall carbs are lower but I love pasta and bread and potatoes too much to say never again. For some reason, when I am low carbing full time, one little slip can send me into a downward spiral of carb bingeing that will put the weight right back on and then I feel horrible. So, whatever is working well, just do it. I need some of your exercise mojo! <3

Green team~ Exactly! Yes the scale can really help, but it can also cause problems if one becomes too caught up in "lbs" an "oz". Like Danielle said, it can derail your plan if you think it's okay to eat if you lost, or okay to eat because you gained. My biggest concern is that good eating plans go out the window because not enough perceived weight loss has occurred. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body and follow through anyway.

Great weekend! DD today, and my granddaughters room is ready for them. My Daughters room is almost done and I'm hoping to be ready by Thursday.
Have a fantastic week!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is glorious chaos around here! My house is in shambles, there's been no peace or quiet since last Thursday! I couldn't be happier!

Two weeks ago when I went to the Doctor, her digital scale was 4 pounds lighter than mine. This morning my scale matches hers...202. I can speculate that her scale would show 198 but I'm going to wait for mine. At any rate, I'm on track and feeling good about that.

Today the girls went to school for the first time in California, they looked adorable and were so excited. It's a short week due to parent teacher conferences so they'll be getting out early everyday. I'm going to work for the next three days and I'm happy to make some money. DH went back to work this morning and I think he was happy to get out of the house for awhile. It's been just the two of us for so long and I can see it's a strain on him but hopefully we'll all adjust soon. Actually by the time we're fully adjusted they will probably get their own place.....

Down day today! I'm going to have a busy week. Youngest DD's Bridal shower is this Saturday and I have a million things to to do! Food to make and decorations to buy, and 45 wine glasses to write each attendees name on. Yesterday I decorated all the stem bases with grapes and grape leaves. I found these great oil based Sharpie pens and they made the job easy and fun. Writing the names is a little trickier but I'll get it done. I have received only 6 regrets so unless I get more this week, I'm looking at 40 guests. Aye Yi Yi.....
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww, I'm glad to hear that amidst the chaos there is true joy! So excited for the girls to be starting school, I hope they have a fantastic first day. DH is a trooper, isn't he? What a good daddy.

GREAT JOB on the loss lady!!!! Still pluggin along over here. Of course I had to go and royally mess up my foot on Saturday..ugh!!!! Anywho, it's going along ok though and just thankful that I feel good and am enjoying the journey.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #595

I can only imagine the hubbub and commotion at your house these days, and I know how that can be both stressful and joyful! Enjoy it while it lasts. You worked so hard to be ready for this. Did you get it all done before they arrived?

Wonderful to hear of your continuing weight loss. Isn't it wonderful to finally have found JUDDD, and all you have to do is just do it, and everything else just takes care of itself while you just get slimmer all the time. Yay! I'm very happy for you.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ladies...three words.

I am exhausted.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #597

Quote:
Ladies...three words.

I am exhausted.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no! LOL I guess the grandbabies are wearing you out? Here's hoping you and the hubbs can catch up on some much needed rest soon!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
hooray for your family!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let me rephrase, Exhausted byt happy with the fam!

New report: