Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
My friend that lives in San Diego said the same thing about the roads there in the rain. It is pretty much the same as when it is snowy here people forget that you need to change your habits and they cause accidents.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
My friend that lives in San Diego said the same thing about the roads there in the rain. It is pretty much the same as when it is snowy here people forget that you need to change your habits and they cause accidents.
Hey Dawn, you kicked me into the 2nd page! Thanks.

Today is a DD, I have work and will be busy. This is good. My morning eggs are boiling away on the stove and I've had my "mostly black" coffee. In a way DD's are easier than up's. No choices, no thinking about choices. Just do the DD food.

Last night DH said he could see a difference in my body. I looked at him and said "really?" with a hopeful tone. "Really." he said with conviction. Cool.

I don't say much about my up days. For one thing, I try not to make a big deal out of eating, and for another I don't want to post food choices only to read them another day and make myself hungry when I can't eat. There is madness to my method...

Christmas is only a few days away and thankfully I'm finished with any shopping. I haven't picked up supplies for Christmas dinner yet, I'll do that on Thursday after work or on Friday morning (Christmas Eve). It's been raining for days but should be clear by tomorrow night. I hope so, I'm missing the California sunshine.

Everyday, I ask myself if I can continue to eat this way, and so far the answer had been a definite YES. I want to stay this motivated, this sure of myself, for as long as I can.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Old 12-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Dawn! Pretty!

Christmas Day~
Just a quick note. Today is an up day, and I also weighed in. I've lost a total of 11.5lbs in three weeks and I feel good. We're having home made chili today with all the trimmin's and pie for desert.

Yesterday was a breeze, I stayed busy and ravenously ate my salad about 5:00, I went to bed thinking about breakfast and as usual, woke up NOT hungry. Nevertheless, we had breakfast today with Mimosas made with Almond champagne. Lovely.

The hubs is off to see a guy about a guitar...the DS and DD are off with their significant others at their respective parents houses...and I'm going to put my feet up and have a coke zero and relax for awhile. Everyone will meet back here later for chili.

I am more than thrilled with the results of JUDDD. I can do this every other day. I can give up everything for a day when the next day brings a normal day. I truly like the way I feel after a DD. Light. Clean. Empty in a good way. I can only hope to keep losing. If this is all it takes to lose the extra weight...I'm there. I've met my birthday goal of ten pounds, so I will revise my next mini goal to 5lbs by Valentines Day.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I worked all day yesterday, I mean all day. It was a zoo at the restaurant and believe me when I say the "holiday spirit" was not anywhere to be found. The guests were crabby and demanding, I ran myself silly...back and forth over and over again. Doesn't anyone ask for everything they need at once? I made good tips just for the sheer volume of tables I had. Yesterday was also a down day and I did just fine, eggs for breakfast and salad with chicken for dinner. I went to bed hungry and dreaming of breakfast, then woke up not thinking about food at all. I work again this morning and I'm hoping it will be a little less nutty, being a Monday and all.

DH got up early early and made a fire in the wood stove so I'm typing and toasty warm, waiting for the coffee to brew so I can have it my way today. Going to Disneyland on Wednesday, weather permitting, with tickets DH won at work last December...they expire 1/3/11 so gotta use them...It's about a 3 hour drive and we'll probably spend the night.

I feel really good. That's the great part. I feel good.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:48 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Just popping in to say that you seem to be doing GREAT! So glad you found something that is working for you!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Maggie!!!!

Good to hear from you. Hope your Holidays were good!

Yes, JUDDD is the answer I've been searching for. I can do it, my DH is SO incredibly supportive, I have a plan for my DD's and I stay on it. Not only do I feel physically better but I also am happier with me, and proud of my success so far. It's a really good thing for me. I would like to jump up and down and tell everyone how great it is but I've been very quiet about it outside of the threads. I don't want to be analyzed or questioned about it by people who think it's a bad way or whatever. Know what I mean?

We're heading to Anaheim today in the rain, to spend the night and be at Disneyland's door first thing in the morning. This is the first time DH and I will going without children since 1977! Today is a MD for me. I've never done one, so it will be tricky. I figure boiled eggs for breakfast, salad for dinner and soup and 1/2 sandwich for lunch...that should do it. I wanted to be able to do Disneyland without worrying about food so I'm postponing my UD by 1 day.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Maggie!!!!

Good to hear from you. Hope your Holidays were good!

Yes, JUDDD is the answer I've been searching for. I can do it, my DH is SO incredibly supportive, I have a plan for my DD's and I stay on it. Not only do I feel physically better but I also am happier with me, and proud of my success so far. It's a really good thing for me. I would like to jump up and down and tell everyone how great it is but I've been very quiet about it outside of the threads. I don't want to be analyzed or questioned about it by people who think it's a bad way or whatever. Know what I mean?

We're heading to Anaheim today in the rain, to spend the night and be at Disneyland's door first thing in the morning. This is the first time DH and I will going without children since 1977! Today is a MD for me. I've never done one, so it will be tricky. I figure boiled eggs for breakfast, salad for dinner and soup and 1/2 sandwich for lunch...that should do it. I wanted to be able to do Disneyland without worrying about food so I'm postponing my UD by 1 day.
The trip sounds wonderful, I haven't been back to CA in quite sometime. I have family there and I really need to make a trip next summer. The first time without children? First trip ever without children? Wow, I am definitely looking forward to doing that soon. My DS & DDIL have just gone back to Alaska and we had a wonderful time for Christmas with them here, I hope your Christmas was good?

Blonde is sounds like you have a great plan going and I am soooo happy it is workable for you. Yes, I do know what you mean about sharing what you are doing with everyone. I do think it is best shared on your own journal where you can get supported. This is YOUR journal and no one should say anything on here
that isn't supportive of your diet unless you are on death's door and they are saying it to you out of kindness and not just being SNARKY about it. Sorry maybe a little sensitive on the subject. You ALWAYS do what is best for you and leave the rest.

When I am done with the diet that I am following I will be doing JUDDD Low Carbing and so excited about that. I have read your journal and it is good to know that you are doing fine with your DD's.

Keep it up!

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Disney in the rain? Hey skinny lady, you ARE feeling frisky!
It won't be quite as crowded, and you both will have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!

An opportunity whose time has come...a Boiled Egg Booth at Disneyland. They could set it up as dinosaur eggs, or miner's rewards, or Easter fantasies...and of course charge $$$ along with the $$$$ bottles of water

Congrats on your recent weight loss! You're doing great!!!

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
How did I not know you had a journal???? I can't wait to keep up with you and hear all about your continued AMAZING SUCCESS!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:49 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dropping By & Wishing You A Happy New Year!

Blonde dropping by and wishing you the best New Year on taking care of you ever! Happy JUDDDing!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:26 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness! I go away for a day and come back to these wonderful good wishes! Thank you!!

Hey Maggie~ I think you're right and talking about JUDDD here, where I can sing it's praises is the way to do it. What kind of diet are you following now? (just curious, no judgement). You should definitely take the time to visit your family in California, after all where else can we get vacation with free room and board? I try to do this once a year in Arkansas.

Hi Jan!! Yes Disneyland, but no rain. We spent the night before and went on Thursday morning. It was a sea of people, a tidal wave of humanity... the human ant farm to beat all farms before it....DH and I bought darling coffee mugs to commemorate or last trip to Disneyland....ever. Not to say we didn't have a great day. We were calm and loving to each other (lots of smootches) and watched people with the skill of master bird watchers. It was good. Regarding the boiled egg booths...they had several places where they had whole fruit on ice, juices in the bottle, yogurt, sliced and packaged apples, mangos, whole bananas, etc along with bottles of water and tea. I'd like to think it was for health but I really think it was for many of the people who, for religious reasons, don't eat meat or junk food etc. Still, pretty cool! and still expensive.

Christine! My journal is new and I don't know how to link it to my signature so...surprise! Funny about the "amazing" success, right? I figured if I'm going to talk about this I'm going to be positive and honest with myself. You are an inspiration, you know. Glad you're feeling better, too.

Happiest New Year to you all!

I faced my first MD on Wednesday and to be honest, I prefer not to have to do that if I can avoid it. Too much thinking about it to be comfortable. So it went like this....

2 boiled eggs for breakfast
Low cal soup and 1/2 turkey sandwich
About 150 cals worth of potato chips (DH was eating these in the hotel and I didn't want to be resentful, after all this was supposed to be an UD, and still a couple of hours from dinner.(excuses, excuses)
Grilled chicken salad with a tiny amount of dressing. This was my medium day. Why was it hard? I was already hungry from the day before....I was not at home and as I said, did entirely too much thinking about food. Next time I have to do a medium day I will plan it out and follow through, but I'll avoid them if possible. On a good note, DH went to put his arm over me in the night and told me he was astounded by the "lack" of belly there, compared to before, this is true. I still have plenty of belly but it has gone down in a way that is almost unbelievable. Yay!

Today is a DD and I'm looking forward to the feeling of lightness. I've learned to appreciate a good cup of tea. I have several kinds now. Good Earth Original blend is spicy and naturally sweet, very cinnamon and no caffeine. Great for night. I love Bigelow's Constant Comment which is black tea with spice and orange peel. Good for a boost or just to put something in my tummy when I'm feeling a little hungry. I also found a camomile tea with honey (flavoring).

Tea is good and a staple on DD's. So is staying busy. I don't work today so I'm going to the park with my camera. We live very close to a bird sanctuary, a small man made lake with rushes and lots of trees. The Canadian geese are here for the winter and it's interesting how they set themselves apart from the domestic geese in the park. We also have great blue herons, egrets, wood ducks and mallards and Mexican parrots. They are incredibly noisy in the spring! Springtime there is so sweet with baby ducks and gosslings everywhere.

January 5th marks one month on JUDDD but I'll weigh in Monday the 3rd, the morning after a down day.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-31-2010 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

yuck for the crowds yay for the smooches

Happy New Year! Jan
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Disney land sounded great, minus the crowds. Look at your stats girl!!!! YEAH!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't believe it has been a month since you've been JUDDDING! Wow! I am just so happy you found the plan that is working for you and not driving you batty

I am following at the moment the hHCG diet which is Homeopathic drops of a female hormone. Don't want to get into a debate with anyone on the LC boards about it so I decided to just journal my findings with the diet. If you would like more detailed info. Private Message me anytime. I take drops 3x's a day to help with fat loss and follow a low calorie diet from anywhere between 500-700 or more is I feel like it but not using fat. Some that follow this do low carb the whole time and have good weight releases but I am trying to stick closer to the original plan which was created by Dr. Sim.(I abbreviated his last name because I can never spell it correctly). So I am excited to hear that JUDDING is working for you because when I am done with this I want to transition into this way of eating.

Happy New Year & Happy New You!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
yuck for the crowds yay for the smooches

Happy New Year! Jan
True dat!! Thank you. Happy New Year!

Maggie, I think the most important thing is to keep going until the right plan of action is found. Finding the thread that has all my lovely new friends was such a blessing for me. I have given up repeatedly and hated myself for doing so. Having found people like you and Jan and Dawn, Christine and Stacy has helped me to keep trying...to stay motivated. JUDDD is just the icing on the cake because for me, it works. When and if you want to transition to JUDDD or whatever else you choose, I'll back you up.

Dawn, yeah my stats got me ec'static'! I can hardly wait to weigh on Monday, because even if the scale doesn't change, I know that I have!

Today is an UD and I'm having coffee my way. Yum. Yesterday was great, we took pictures at the park, came home and had tea, ate my salad around five o'clock, went to bed at 10:00pm and woke up in 2011. Not bad.

This year my birthday will be a numeric anomaly: 1/11/11. Oh and 55. This is even stranger...this year my husbands birthday will be on 11/1/11. 60. Oh yeah.....if only I played the lottery. We've been together since I was 18 and he was 22. 3 kids. 2 grand daughters. Lucky us! I think I'll take him out to lunch today...
Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on a long and successful marriage!

cool numbers!

and...outstanding weight loss! [img=http://www.myemoticons.com/images/sports/football/cheerleader-jump.gifborder="0" alt="cheerleader-jump" title="cheerleader-jump] You are really on a roll, and i'm so pleased that you've got a plan that's working! new clothes soon!!1
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Blonde just dropping in to say have a GREAT JUDDD day!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Maggie, a day late....hope you're doing well!

New stats today....4lbs down this week! I am surprised, didn't expect to do that since my beginning numbers have been so dramatic, still.... I'll take it!!! I think all the walking this week (Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, Pics at the park) may have helped boost my numbers. I'm not going to question this too much, just go with it and be happy. I know at some point my weight loss will slow down, in the meanwhile...I'll ride the wave. Woo Hoo!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Maggie, a day late....hope you're doing well!

New stats today....4lbs down this week! I am surprised, didn't expect to do that since my beginning numbers have been so dramatic, still.... I'll take it!!! I think all the walking this week (Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, Pics at the park) may have helped boost my numbers. I'm not going to question this too much, just go with it and be happy. I know at some point my weight loss will slow down, in the meanwhile...I'll ride the wave. Woo Hoo!
Sooo happy for you, I will do a happy dance Actually he is kicking but you get the picture. You are doing FAAAABBBUUUULLOOOUUUUS!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

2011 is already your year!

Jan
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much!! It means so much to get the "attagirls"! A month ago I was in the depths of never ever losing any weight and now I feel like I can ride that wave all the way to shore. My internet connection croaked earlier and everything was moving s-l-o-w-l-y...so I shut it down for awhile. I'm so stoked JUDDD is working and workable for me. I couldn't be happier about it...and...I got an email for DH who asked me to dinner since this is an UD, and he actually remembered without my telling him, so he's keeping track, too and sooo supportive!

Today I busted out my Walking Boot Camp for Weight Loss, (Leslie Sansone) and kicked my own butt. Wow, what a sweat-fest that was....You wouldn't believe how losing 15 lbs could make you feel so much better! Exercise has always been my down fall but this is the year to get over that. I am now considered post-menopausal, so I have to beat the fat, and build the muscles, strengthen the bones, etc. My two New Year resolutions were to stick with JUDDD, and get on the exercise bandwagon. Startin' the year out right.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Ah, I see the answer to my question!!! Glad to hear it was a great workout! You are doing so well. Keep it up!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Christine!

Yesterday was up, pizza (frozen,thin crust) for dinner, didn't sleep well, woke up in the middle of the night with a headache, tummy feels a little queasy this morning , uk uk.

Today is a DD, not hungry at all yet, feeling yukky, need to move around, get ready for work....I don't think I'll be having pizza for quite awhile.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Christine!

Yesterday was up, pizza (frozen,thin crust) for dinner, didn't sleep well, woke up in the middle of the night with a headache, tummy feels a little queasy this morning , uk uk.

Today is a DD, not hungry at all yet, feeling yukky, need to move around, get ready for work....I don't think I'll be having pizza for quite awhile.
Gosh I was going to say enjoy that Pizza for me but it seems that maybe your tummy didn't enjoy it. No laughing matter:blush: hope you feel better throughout your day.

Have a great one!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Gosh I was going to say enjoy that Pizza for me but it seems that maybe your tummy didn't enjoy it. No laughing matter:blush: hope you feel better throughout your day.

Have a great one!
I'm doing better. Waited to get hungry, didn't have any eggs so I had a small can of tuna with spicy brown mustard, about 160 cals. Will have my regular chicken salad for dinner tonight. I usually don't have tummy trouble, so this is a wake up. Just because I can eat it, doesn't mean that I should eat it! Yesterday at lunch I had a wonderful bowl of organic creamy butternut squash soup. Pacific Foods makes it. It may have been the combo of both in one day that caused the problem. I do feel much better now but I'll be leery of pizza in the future. Off to work, to serve food all day. Strangely enough, I love the smells but I'm not tempted...I see it it too much I guess.

Maggie, you have a great day too!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, sorry your stomach wasn't feeling great. I wonder if your stomach was rebelling because you have been eating clean even on your UD and it was just too much for you. Hope you feel better by the time you go to work.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Ugh, sorry your stomach wasn't feeling great. I wonder if your stomach was rebelling because you have been eating clean even on your UD and it was just too much for you. Hope you feel better by the time you go to work.
I think you're absolutely right. I eat very clean on my DD's. Yesterday was good, no problems after the initial tummy trouble. I stayed busy and had my salad for dinner, I was out of salsa and missed that extra of flavor. I need to buy more eggs, salsa, chicken and romaine today so I'll have a good DD tomorrow.

I have had two dreams about being skinny since I started this plan. The first one was a surprise to me, because I was the age I am now. I looked at my body in the mirror and I was amazed and happy. Last night, I dreamed again, only I was more skinny! I had a definite waist! I was wearing form fitting clothes. I asked my daughter, in my dream, if she could see a difference and she rolled her eyes, like she was tired of me asking her that question....I don't know what to think about it except, maybe... my mind has embraced the possibility that it can really happen.

I never realized how much my self-worth was tied into how well I controlled my eating, or how I could or couldn't lose weight. Since starting this, I haven't felt depressed or desperate or like a failure. I have felt hopeful. I have felt hungry, for sure, but it's almost a good feeling, like I'm alive. I don't know how to explain it, it's like waking up in a strange place. A little bit disorienting, to not think about food. To not make food "good" or "bad", to not hate myself for being weak, or feeling like I'm doomed to this body that I've "eaten" myself into... It's not about weak at all. It's about living, I think. I never realized how my every waking moment was somehow centered around food. I don't ever want to go back to feeling like that again. It's a little scary. I'm giving myself a hug.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

just WOW. some profound words, my friend.

congratulations.