Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So sorry, Blonde!!!! Major hugs.....
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thank you, my friends. I'm having such a hard time with this, DH too. I can't begin to write anything without crying, so I need to let it go for now and stop trying to articulate my grief.

Back to work today.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Thinking of you

congratulations on your new low! well done jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi!

Poking my head in. Huge hugs to you my friend. So sorry for your loss. I hope you're able to let the sunshine in again soon.

I think I need an intervention or something. Seriously! I CANNOT seem to get my s*** together!!!!!! I am miserable and I am what's standing in the way. Argh! Life, it seems, has conspired with a huge series of life altering events the past 18 months and I just cannot seem to get back up. When I feel like I am ready and I get going, bam, something else happens. I know I know..no excuses! I'm at a total loss. I'm the biggest I have EVER been and I wonder if I will even ever have the power to JUST STOP.

Anyways, sorry for the downer post, just letting it get out there where I'm at. Miss you girls!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

hey blonde! i hope your week is going well!!!

jan
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

Where is everybody!

Do any of you FB at all??? Dawn and I are buddies on there, so Blonde, Jan, get with the program!

Hope all is well with you all!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello, hello!

I'm sorry, I've been in such a funk....doing better now. Ozzie's ashes came home on Tuesday in a beautiful cedar box, with a lock that says "Ozzie". Also a plaster of his paw print, which I thought was so special. It started the deluge all over again. It's been two weeks and we are starting to adjust, but the other dogs are still off their food and that's been a tough one. Oz was the alpha and apparently they don't think they should eat without him. I know it's going to be okay...one day at a time.

Christine, Jan, Danielle, and Dawn~ Thank you for checking in with me, that means so much right now. I'm still JUDDDing. I had three or four days of just watching my food intake, trying to stay around 1200 calories, and then back on the 500 cals every other day. I'm feeling better all around.

Danielle! I understand the need for intervention. While I can't do that for you I can tell you this: You are the most important person in your life. You need to take care of you, feed your body well, take it out for walks, nurture yourself inside and out. You must take care of yourself so that you can be present for the others in your life that desperately need you. Give yourself some love. Ask yourself the important questions and listen when you answer. I'm thinking of you and hoping for your recovery. Stop here anytime if you want to talk!

Blonde~
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Sending big hugs to ya doll. I've never had a pet before but I can only imagine. A few years ago we lived with my sister and her family for a few months while transitioning back to CA and she has the most wonderful dog ever. At first I was terrified of him (American Staffordshire Terrier) and I was home all day with him and my kids. After awhile he just grew to be like one of the kids and when I got really really sick while there he took care of me. When we moved I cried my eyes out for days and days because of that dog! lol They are amazing creatures and I cannot wait to have one!

Glad to hear that you are still able to stay on your plan and keep taking care of yourself. Thats awesome to hear lady!

thank you for the kind words and luckily I have actually been on plan for almost a week now. I have a journal and everything! I kinda just started one day without even thinking about it, I just ate lc for breakfast and then decided lunch was going to be more of the same, and away we went. I guess my head got too tired of analyzing and thinking things to death. The last 18 months have been horrendous to say the least and it really has taken a toll on my health and my body. I've gained weight in places I didn't think it possible. I've been so busy trying to take care of my kids and making sure they're stable, and trying to take care of my mental state that I have completely ignored my health and how I feel physically. Tough pill to swallow when you realize you're the biggest you've ever been in your life! But I'm on it and committing to doing something about it.

Hope you'll be around more, I have missed you tons!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny how when things get really hairy we all go MIA for awhile...

I am one day down on my quit smoking task. These insidious little monsters have wormed their way into my daily life over a period of a couple of months. I thought I had them kicked, then Ozzie died...and back they came again. I spent the day yesterday tired, angry, depressed...and smoke free. I couldn't sleep last night and when I finally slept...I slept right through the alarm and DH was waayyy late getting to his park n ride. He was asleep in the living room in the recliner...

Last Saturday my hard drive crashed on my computer...again.... and wiped out everything I had on it. When will I earn to back up? This message is brought to you by my laptop....

I think the only way I've been able to stay on the program is sheer habit. My body knows the up day down day routine and follows it.
Good thing.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #551
Blabbermouth!!!

Well hello stranger!!!! I have missed seeing your beautiful face around here!!! Good job on ditchin the smokes, you know you don't need them! Sometimes i can never believe how easily I ditched mine the day I found out I was preggers and then totally lost the taste for them. One thing's for sure; it is embarrassing that my kids know I used to smoke!

Well its a good thing your body is in the groove and knows what's going down, huh? You are so far ahead of the game and how exciting that you have been able to keep on with it instead of going way off track!! Lots to be proud of chicky!!!!!

So hey, dont be a stranger anymore k? I will have to come to CA and find you and drag you back.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Danielle, I will try to check in regularly like before...you know how it is, right?

I'm having lunch today with my BFF...that's enough to lift my spirits. The wedding is driving me nuts, my DH is a big grump about it and my DD doesn't want to take responsibility for getting her bridesmaids to try on their dresses for fitting...the are all on different schedules and there's no way they can all go together to do the fitting. It's just one more thing to worry about, and going without cigs is making me think about telling her to suck it up and get with the program...but she's a tender hearted child and I don't want to hurt her feelings. I'll just pull myself together and and gently remind her that she needs to make it happen...soon. I don't have anything to wear yet either, but I'm just one person and will get it when I'm ready. LOL!

As long as I'm complaining....I've had a little headache since yesterday afternoon...I'm sure it's withdrawal but it's starting to bug. Today is a down day and I'm having grilled chicken salad for lunch. Hopefully that will take care of my headache...for awhile.

Hugs to my friends...hope you have a great day!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

checking in...I have an overwhelming urge to whine so I'll just say, today WILL be a good day.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This has been a good week, JUDDD-wise. I plod along, day after day knowing that I will reach my goal eventually. Though the pounds aren't "melting" off at the moment, my newer, smaller clothes are getting loose and I'm thinking that I may be able to shift down to the next size very soon. I pulled a pair of jeans out of my closet that at one time barely came over my hips and then at another time were a too tight a squeeze but I got them zipped. Last weekend I wore them out to a party, comfortable and sitting in them with no constraints. This makes me very happy.

The DD's wedding is less than 3 months away and things are progressing nicely. I'll be relieved when it's wedding day, and we can celebrate and put it behind us.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

You are totally ALLOWED to whine! PM whining is good too. I'm sorry I haven't been here much to support all of your terrific efforts.

Congrats on your success with jeans. Jeans have been my true measure and greatest inspiration for the LONGEST time.

It gives ME great pleasure that YOU are chipping away at those extra pounds! Carry on, my friend.

Jan
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
You are totally ALLOWED to whine! PM whining is good too. I'm sorry I haven't been here much to support all of your terrific efforts.

Congrats on your success with jeans. Jeans have been my true measure and greatest inspiration for the LONGEST time.

It gives ME great pleasure that YOU are chipping away at those extra pounds! Carry on, my friend.

Jan
Jan!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #557
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello! Nice to see you. Hope all is well with you.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is a down day because I didn't make it all the way yesterday, but that's okay, it's how I rock this program. No guilt no worries, just start again....

I was really hungry today but I managed to stay within my 500 calorie limit. I was fretting because I ate the last of my bag salad for lunch and didn't know what to do for dinner (because I was starving) and I had no salad. DH reminded me that we have goods from the garden, Oh yeah....

I chopped up three baby zucchini into bite sizes with a giant ripe tomato, tossed into my little iron skillet and started it cooking. To these ingredients I added 1/2 tsp chopped roasted garlic, tsp chile powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin, salt pepper, and a pinch of soul seasoning. I let this all simmer together for about 6 minutes then added some diced, chicken breast to the skillet and continued to simmer another 5 or 6 minutes. It was heaven. Warm, spicy, and comforting. I'm full and I can now wait til tomorrow to eat, Yay!!!

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

You are AMAZING! I wish we could visit IRL...want to meet up in the middle? San Luis? San Simeon? That would be so fun!

Jan
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan that sounds lovely! I've been to San Simeon...Hearst Castle, Morro Bay. It's been years but it was a great vacation. I wish we could too. How is your "new" life going with all it's stressors and joys? Did you start the new job yet?

It's going to be HOT! today. 96 degrees inland with a 20% chance of thunder showers here and a 40% chance in the mountains (40 minutes from here). I'm thinkin' steamin' rain in the forecast. I hope so, we need it.

My BFF is picking me up for some Friday fun. I don't know what yet. Maybe lunch and shopping. This is my favorite kind of Friday. When DH left at 5:40 am he said, "clean clean clean, save save save". After getting up every morning this week at 4:50, bringing him coffee and breakfast in bed, and going on to work myself, I had a naughty thought that didn't make it to my lips. I'm the Queen of Restraint, lol.

Have a fabulous Friday!!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my gosh!!!!
206.6!!!

It's official, 33.4 pounds down since December 5, 2010. I am sooo stoked! It's slow, but it's still happening. That's all I need to keep going. Frankly I was expecting a gain and was deliriously surprised to see a loss! JUDDD rocks and it rules my life!! Yay, ME!!!!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 08-26-2011 at 06:37 AM..
Old 08-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

i so admire your determination!

so how far is hearst castle from you? it's probably 5-6 hours from me.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More like 7-8 for me...I have to drive through LA! lol!

I don't know where the determination comes from... I have successes here, and that is my motivation I guess. I'm closer to onederland then I've been in well over a decade. Success in itself, succeeds?

Happy and grateful for my LC friends!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Major congrat's to you! You're doing fantastic, JUDDD seems to really fit with your life. Enjoy your fun day today, you can always clean and save another day, right?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #565
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
oh my gosh!!!!
206.6!!!

It's official, 33.4 pounds down since December 5, 2010. I am sooo stoked! It's slow, but it's still happening. That's all I need to keep going. Frankly I was expecting a gain and was deliriously surprised to see a loss! JUDDD rocks and it rules my life!! Yay, ME!!!!
Just stopping by to see how you are doing, and am met with THIS WONDERFUL PROCLAMATION. Congratulations. I'm so happy with your success, and also very happy that you are still doing JUDDD, as I am too. I also love this plan, and find it pretty remarkable that it works even though you're only doing the low calories every other day. On my Up Days, I'm not on a diet at all.. just try to be *sensible*. LOL

Happy to read your good news here.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Just stopping by to see how you are doing, and am met with THIS WONDERFUL PROCLAMATION. Congratulations. I'm so happy with your success, and also very happy that you are still doing JUDDD, as I am too. I also love this plan, and find it pretty remarkable that it works even though you're only doing the low calories every other day. On my Up Days, I'm not on a diet at all.. just try to be *sensible*. LOL

Happy to read your good news here.
Hello SoHappy!!

I couldn't be happier with my JUDDD "lifestyle". It works for me like nothing else ever has...it's a "no diet" plan for the person who can't sustain a "diet". Food is just a day away, and I can make through one day...every other day. I low carb on my down days, protein and salads, greek yogurt, etc. No cheese, nuts or alcohol. On my up days I do what I want, also being sensible. I find that the "magic" of certain foods has disappeared because they are no longer forbidden to me. I try to listen to my body and give it what it wants. That may be a cheeseburger, or pizza or pasta sometimes, but I get full really fast and stay happy that way. I've learned to make great low/no calorie dressings and actually like them. It seems I automatically cut calories in places that I never did before. If I'm having pasta I skip the bread, etc. without feeling deprived. I never use high fat dressings anymore because I'm happy with a little balsamic vinegar and a tiny amount of olive oil, or salsa on my veggies. I eat more veggies than ever because they are the "filler" on my down days. I think there was time when I would go days and days without eating anything green and leafy. My main starch when I have it is wheat or corn (pasta, bread, tortillas, etc) but I rarely eat potatoes or rice anymore, I'm not sure why. I indulge in the occasional "sweets" if it's a special occasion, and I do so "guilt-free". I do notice that these things can drag me out a little so it's not something I do all the time. After almost nine months of eating this way, I have calculator in my head for down day calories.

I'm so glad this is working well for you! I would like everyone I know to JUDDD to lose weight, but it's not for everyone. I'm feel so lucky that it's right for me!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday again! I can't believe September is just a few days away! This year is flying by. Down day Monday, it's gonna be hot and I will be serving food all day, again. Lucky me! I can't think of better exercise than running hot food in heavy dishes, on a tray on my shoulder. I definitely feel worked out by the time I go home. I think the Tour of Italy weighs at least ten pounds.....

Went to a birthday party on Saturday night, bypassed the booze, the meatballs, hot dogs, cheeses, and birthday cake! Had the grape tomatoes, the pickled veggies and hot carrots with diet Mt Dew. Also the designated driver so I used my DD for good as well.

The weather is supposed to break this week with a slightly cooling trend. The means 92 today instead of 97. Yippee!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday again! I can't believe September is just a few days away! This year is flying by. Down day Monday, it's gonna be hot and I will be serving food all day, again. Lucky me! I can't think of better exercise than running hot food in heavy dishes, on a tray on my shoulder. I definitely feel worked out by the time I go home. I think the Tour of Italy weighs at least ten pounds.....

Went to a birthday party on Saturday night, bypassed the booze, the meatballs, hot dogs, cheeses, and birthday cake! Had the grape tomatoes, the pickled veggies and hot carrots with diet Mt Dew. Also the designated driver so I used my DD for good as well.

The weather is supposed to break this week with a slightly cooling trend. This means 92 today instead of 97. Yippee!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, it's official (sort of)....My daughter in AR will be coming west with her family at the end of September...and moving in with us (for awhile). I'll believe it when she says the moving truck is packed and they're on the road. We been at this point several times since they left California 7 years ago, but I'm thinking that it might actually happen this time. It's going to be a huge transition for them but I'll be able to see my granddaughters whenever I want and I won't have to make a trip to AR twice a year to get my "fix". My biggest worry at this point is DH. He's frugal, and he hates waste. DD is not as "tuned" in to being frugal and leaves the lights, TV on and the water running...it may be a battle of wills and I'll be in the crossfire. We'll need some house rules for sure and try to go with the flow until they get their own place....

Down day today, going to work again this morning. Go team.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #570
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
..........My daughter in AR will be coming west with her family..........I'll be able to see my granddaughters whenever I want and I won't have to make a trip to AR twice a year to get my "fix"...........
I'm so very happy for you. I know how difficult it is to have daughters far enough away that you can't see them and granddaughters very often. My two DDs are in Colorado, and I'm in Iowa. Just far enough that I don't feel I can just pop in the car and drive there to see them and my beloved granddaughter very often.

Have good times, and I'm sure you'll all get the living arrangements worked out so that it will work as smoothly (as possible). Sometimes close quarters do sort of get on people's nerves, but it'll work out, and it won't last forever. Small price to pay for them being closer, isn't it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote