Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I've had a difficult week so far, but I've got my sneaky habit back under control!

Yesterday DD and I started our search for the perfect wedding dress. The first one she tried on was not what she would have picked but was stunning on her, and brought tears to my eyes. After 7 more beautiful dresses, she tried the first one on again and it was unanimous, it was the ONE. So our search started and ended in one afternoon, we were both so surprised! We thought it would be a nightmare and several trips around town. The experience was sweet, it was just the two of us, and we laughed like loons when we left the store. She's going to invite her bridesmaids to the fitting and bring her camera along. The guest list has been finalized so on to the invitations. She and her man will be handling the invitations, nothing traditional, something with their picture.

I was starving after that and my down day disintegrated with dinner. My head was splitting by the time I got home, nerves or something, I don't know. Anyway today is a down day again and I'll be okay. The last thing I want is to let the excitement of the event turn my plan upside down. I can see how that could happen if I let it. Diligence is the word of the day.

Last note...it is so hot here right now, humid and miserable. I have my air conditioner on for a few hours this morning, before "peak" hours, trying to save money on the electric bill, without melting down.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
stay strong, my friend...or, if you are like me, ask the diet goddess for a "restart".

the wedding excitement sounds soooo fun...thank you for sharing what did the dress look like?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Diligence, indeed! I know you will be successful through this process, Blonde. I know you have the resolve!

So excited to hear about the dress shopping! Must have been thrilling for both of you. I can't wait to see the pictures!! Enjoy every moment!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan and Christine, I asked the diet goddess for help and she came through! I had a very low calorie down day yesterday and I was amazed by how much better I felt this morning! Thank you for your support! What would I do without you girls?

Dress shopping was not at all what I expected. What did I expect? Frustration, tears (not happy ones) annoyance, and for sure did not expect results on the first trip! For one thing it was the hottest freaking day yet, and so humid! When we left the store there was a big rainbow in the east, it was sprinkling a little bit and DD said "THAT'S MY RAINBOW"!! And so it was.....
Old 07-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The down side of our saying yes to the dress? Fallout from those who didn't get to go along, very petulant and some quite snarky. They've been invited to the fitting of course, but honestly we didn't have any idea that we would find something on the first go 'round. Secretly I'm happy it was was just DD and me, too many opinions can cause frustration and in the end we were both of one mind on this. So I'm sorry about hurt feelings but PPffffttttt! I know, I'm rude.

Down day today, I'm planning on greek yogurt for breakfast, it lasts so long! Dinner will be my usual chicken breast salad, broccolli slaw for lunch if I'm hungry. It's going to be hot and humid (my two least favorite weather combos) again but supposed to dry and cool a little by tomorrow. Yay! The worst part about it is that I can't get anything done at home, and at work I practically melt down every time I have to go in the kitchen, which is every time I leave a table. Long sleeve shirt, undershirt (a must), tie, socks, shoes, long pants w/apron...I feel like a polar bear in the desert. Why couldn't I have been a bikini model??
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Blonde. What is wrong with people? What is it about other people's happiness that brings out the worst?? I am so glad you and DD got to share that special time together, and you are absolutely right: Pffft to everyone else!

Ugh, I agree about the humidity. Terrible! I cannot imagine working in and out of a hot kitchen all day!! Be sure to drink your water, my friend!

Also, check out this zumba concert if you have a moment! It's the national instructors' convention.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

P.S. Greek yogurt for breakfast here too! LOVE IT!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

G'Mornin' Christine! I know! Selfish people suck. To be honest, dress shopping was the only thing I've had a say in for the whole process so far so I'll take what I can get. lol!

Yeah it gets pretty hot at work and I do drink water because I sweat buckets. Nothing worse than having sweat drip in you eye while your waiting for someone to order a diet coke and the Tour of Italy, please no croutons on the salad. Since all of the calories counts are now on the menu, people have slowed down on the soup refills....

I don't think the Zumba Concert has started, at least not here, but I'll check back. Thanks for posting that.

When is your interview? are you excited?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Having another hard week, food is not the problem...family trouble mostly and my old dog Oz had a seizure last night, was very disoriented for a while and has not eaten his breakfast today. I gave him rimadyl in case he's having pain, he's resting quietly and wags his tail when we talk to him. I've been watching him for awhile, he's not as enthusiastic about his food as usual and has lost some weight...Not sure what to do, I could take him to the vet (I may) but I hate to put him through that, he gets really scared there and his legs shake when we walk in the door.

Family trouble in the AR people. My SIL just got a new job and his old boss is threatening to sue him for leaving and going to work for a competitor. Apparently he signed a contract four years ago and it's coming back to haunt him now. They saw an attorney who assured them the contract was indeed valid but is sending a letter pointing out the difficulty of making it stick it in the state of Arkansas. He told them that no one has ever come back after a letter like that but with the luck they have, she'll come after them anyway. They have the worst bad luck of anyone I know and every time my SIL puts his name on anything...it comes back to bite him one way or the other. Often I wished I had followed a career in law...

I had two up days in a row, stress mostly but I'm on track today and trying to find other ways to relieve it...not successful on that yet, but trying to keep a positive attitude when all I really want to do is eat chips and drink cocktails, or go to bed with the covers over my head. DH stayed home today to watch over the dog and help me if we take him to the vet. He weighs over a hundred pounds...big dog.

Enough complaining (for now), but it is nice to have an outlet.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Blonde! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and your SIL! I hope everything works out on both fronts. Please keep us posted.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

so much going on for you! i know that the dress is stunningly perfect and others will just love it too. is your house full yet? right now mine is packed because of a bathroom remodel in my daughter's home. it's sweet, there are little guys sleeping next to me now!!! (and only a week ) i think it's cool that your sil can so easily find a job in these challenging times...and hope that it work out, without lawsuits, for him.

Jan
Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you buddies! Oz is feeling better, I gave him rimadyl (doggy pain reliever and anti-inflammatory). A couple hours later he came outside to hang with us, and ate his dinner last night. Whatever happened to him, it's over for now. He is our baby, he's almost twelve and I can't stand the thought of losing him. I know dogs don't live forever, so as long as he's feeling well I'm feeling well.

My SIL is a hard worker, one of the reasons he found another job is that the current owner of his old company comes from out of state once a month. He's put up with her ripping everyone a "new one" but for the last six months she's been threatening to fire the staff and close the doors for good. She is a bully. SIL figured he could not afford to be out of work with a wife and two little girls to support so he started looking and was "snapped up" by a competitor in another city. They love him and got their own nasty letter from the former boss's attorney. They took it with a grain of sand, and SIL is in Minnesota for three days taking a very expensive training class (their expense) so he can be an even better employee for them. Bless them for not caving to her threats.

I had a great down day yesterday and I want to have a medium day today so I can have lunch with my BFF tomorrow.

I just want to tell you again how much I appreciate your support!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Just doing a drop by to say ! I am glad to hear that your doggie is doing better now. I wish your SIL and daughter the best luck possible!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn! how are you? what's happening with you? i miss you much!!

jan
Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
Dawn! how are you? what's happening with you? i miss you much!!

jan
I miss you guys a ton too! I have been so incredibly busy between work and home. I try to keep up here with reading but it has been so hard for me lately. My son came home from school in May and started working about a week after he came home. He is doing roofing and is all over the area but doesn't have a car so he has been using my car and I have been using our Boys & Girls Club van to get me and my daughter back and forth from work. I had a golf tournament for work that we had at the beginning of June that kept me busy which ran right into the beginning of our summer camp program. In addition to that my daughter graduated from high school at the end of June and we had a party for her on July 3. We had all 5 of our kids home in our house for almost a week. My oldest step son had his girlfriend with him and then my son's gf stayed with us. We had 4 extra people in the house so it was a bit crazy. The night of my daughters party we had 22 people (including us) sleeping at our house. EEK!

My house guests are all gone but work is so busy during the summer for me that I barely get on my computer at all. My daughter will be leaving in August for school but she is only going to school in Buffalo (15 miles from me) but we still need to get her stuff for her room and get all the financial stuff completed. My son will be leaving too but he needs to find a place to stay because there was a whole screw up with the dorms at his school.

Guess you got more than you asked for lol!

How are you doing?

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy, busy, Dawn!!! Good luck with getting everything done!!

Blonde, so glad your pup is feeling better.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Dawn!! Glad to hear from you! Wow you are a busy girl! Stop by anytime!!

My Ozzie is much better, he's like his old self again. I'm so relieved. I'm doing better as well. Today DH is taking me on a Harley ride to a local place where bikers meet every Saturday for free BBQ (up day) and to admire each others bikes...fun.

My DD tasted cakes yesterday, They picked a three tier cake with strawberry and lemon chiffon on the bottom, chocolate marble in the middle and on the top CARROT CAKE. She said the cakes were delicious and she was thrilled to get the lemon chiffon in there....her favorite! The sides will have the lace-like piping with tiny silver candy beads and it will be decorated with fresh flowers! Sounds dreamy! We're getting so excited.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, the weather here for the past week has been perfect, hot weather is on the way again so today we're going to get out and enjoy! The garden has produced 41 japanese cukes (so far) and two gorgeous tomatoes. More on the way though, lots of pretty green ones growing...

Chow! I mean zoom zoom!

Blonde~
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Dawn!! Glad to hear from you! Wow you are a busy girl! Stop by anytime!!

My Ozzie is much better, he's like his old self again. I'm so relieved. I'm doing better as well. Today DH is taking me on a Harley ride to a local place where bikers meet every Saturday for free BBQ (up day) and to admire each others bikes...fun.

My DD tasted cakes yesterday, They picked a three tier cake with strawberry and lemon chiffon on the bottom, chocolate marble in the middle and on the top CARROT CAKE. She said the cakes were delicious and she was thrilled to get the lemon chiffon in there....her favorite! The sides will have the lace-like piping with tiny silver candy beads and it will be decorated with fresh flowers! Sounds dreamy! We're getting so excited.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, the weather here for the past week has been perfect, hot weather is on the way again so today we're going to get out and enjoy! The garden has produced 41 japanese cukes (so far) and two gorgeous tomatoes. More on the way though, lots of pretty green ones growing...

Chow! I mean zoom zoom!

Blonde~
That cake does sound dreamy!

The weather here for the past couple weeks has been hot for our area and no rain. We went through most of the spring that all it did was rain. We had the wettest spring ever and now our grass needs water. I would be ok with it only raining at night. It is almost 90 here and I am thankful I have AC in my room.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a lot of cukes!!!

Cake sounds AWESOME. Can't wait to see pics of the big day!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've not yet figured out how to post pics! I've tried to import but then I can't find the pictures...
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Did they set a date? I may have missed that post.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Did they set a date? I may have missed that post.

Yes! 11-11-11!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo! I have a cousin getting married on that date too!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oy Vey, what a day I had today...

I just finished off a Diet Mt Dew and a few strips of beef jerky. Down day today and I'm in control...however, at work today I opened the swinging kitchen door, right smack into one of the cook's eyebrows! He grabbed his eye and I was saying omg are you okay, I'm so sorry, let me see...then I saw the blood running down his arm that was over the eye. AAAAHHHH! He had to go to urgent care and get stitches...to add insult to injury, they made him get a tetanus shot too. I feel so bad. It was my fault, I was going in the wrong door, and it was kind of a freakish thing too because in a perfect world the door would have hit his foot first but he was leaning in to push the door open from his side and I nailed him. I bought him a box of chocolates after work, he doesn't speak English very well and his buddy in the kitchen said " he said next time bring Coronas!" Well of course he didn't say that, but it was funny and kind of lightened everything up....

I'm so tired right now, just wrung out and I'm not the one who got hurt. *sigh* Sheesh.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Blonde that is horrible! I can just imagine how bad you feel. Sending you a hug but it really was just an accident and I'm sure he will be laughing about it soon enough.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

AWESOME!!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, so sorry to hear about your work accident!!! I'm glad he's ok, but I know how you must have felt.

And congrats on your loss!! Holy moly, that is great!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Biting the bullet here, it's so hard to say. We had to put Ozzie to sleep late Wednesday night. It was heartbreaking. I can't seem to stay together for very long. He was the bet dog ever. I'll be back later.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Awwww Blonde I am so sorry. I dread that day. I know how much you love your furbabies. Just know I am thinking of you.