Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Poor doggie! LOL! My cats are the same way; always underfoot! Good luck with your new DVDs!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello my friends and any lurkers (u know who u are)

Yes I've been absent from my journal (but not the boards). Sometimes I just have nothing interesting to say (like right now). How often can I say another up day, another down day, etc?

I am sticking to it, day in day out. I haven't weighed since I got back from vacation. I don't feel like I've moved at all up or down the scale and so I think for me... it's better to wait to weigh. I'm a happy camper anyway and I know if I stay true to the plan it's all going to happen sooner or later as opposed to yoyo-ing the same ten pounds. I did hear something the other day...I can't remember if it was a news blurb or what. I heard someone say that Doctors have determined that yo-yo dieting is NOT worse than staying overweight...Did anyone else hear that??

I've been attempting to learn the ZUMBA steps...I keep repeating the intro DVD to try and imprint the routines on my brain. At any rate, even learning the steps kicks my butt. I don't know what fibromyalgia is...but I'll bet it feels like the day after ZUMBA.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Keep it up, my friend!! You have such a great attitude, and I know you will have continued success!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Sometimes I just have nothing interesting to say (like right now). How often can I say another up day, another down day, etc? Uh huh...notice i haven't posted on my journal? boring i am. YOU are not! I like reading your day to day 'stuff"

I've been attempting to learn the ZUMBA steps...I keep repeating the intro DVD to try and imprint the routines on my brain. At any rate, even learning the steps kicks my butt. I don't know what fibromyalgia is...but I'll bet it feels like the day after ZUMBA. I AM totally lame at anything that is based on coordination. lol! Are you having FUN moving with zumba? I think that the key to everyday exercise is enjoyment. I know i like bike riding. I hate running. I like hiking and walking on the beach. I hate exercise dvds. i like using weights. i hate not taking time to use the gym. i like gardening (sort of). i hate housework.

I am so grateful that weight loss has allowed me to move, and do anything I want. No, I am not pretty with a bunch of extra skin...but, dayum, I CAN live an active and healthy lifestyle! and so can you, Blonde! You ARE doing it!! And your step by step journey is not same ol' to me! Keep going...and keep journaling!

What happening on the wedding front?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Keep it up, my friend!! You have such a great attitude, and I know you will have continued success!
You're so right. "Keep it up" is the magic phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
Sometimes I just have nothing interesting to say (like right now). How often can I say another up day, another down day, etc? Uh huh...notice i haven't posted on my journal? boring i am. YOU are not! I like reading your day to day 'stuff"

I AM totally lame at anything that is based on coordination. lol! Are you having FUN moving with zumba? I think that the key to everyday exercise is enjoyment. I know i like bike riding. I hate running. I like hiking and walking on the beach. I hate exercise dvds. i like using weights. i hate not taking time to use the gym. i like gardening (sort of). i hate housework.

I am so grateful that weight loss has allowed me to move, and do anything I want. No, I am not pretty with a bunch of extra skin...but, dayum, I CAN live an active and healthy lifestyle! and so can you, Blonde! You ARE doing it!! And your step by step journey is not same ol' to me! Keep going...and keep journaling!

What happening on the wedding front?
I'm having fun with Zumba. I'd like to set it's hair on fire. (Maniacal laughter)!

We have much the same loves and hates except I have a gym membership and I hate the gym, and love home DVD's. I used to think I had great coordination but Zumba teaches me much (humility). I could walk on the beach until I drop from exhaustion...I love it that much!

Yesterday I went on a Harley ride with my husband. It was nice. Perfect weather up into the mountains of east county San Diego. I have to say that almost 30 pounds down has made it much easier on my rear (and the bike, I imagine). We came home and BBQ'd boneless pork chops which I turned into a medium day salad (sans my usual chicken breast). I figure I had about 800 cals instead of 500. Just guessing. Today is our 34th anniversary (37 together). We were married on Fathers Day 1977.

Wedding is now at future MIL's house. That's all I know for now. I have to keep my jealousy out of it. Feels like she's taking over the show.

The latest news I have is my eldest DD and her family are planning a move back to California (and in with us) at the end of August. I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. I was just getting adapted to (and starting to love) my empty nest...It will be wonderful to have her back close by, but I think it's going to be quite an adjustment. Only temporary but could run three months or more. I feel I'll be in the middle of her and her cranky father. Not a place I want to visit for very long.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

weddings are high stress events...and you are entitled to a little jealousy. i would feel that way too in these circumstances.

my daughter had some mega drama in her life a few weeks ago, and is now living with me short term too. yes, it's very nice, and yes it is also an adjustment. the biggest issue right now is that there is simply too much "stuff" in too small of a space. is this the daughter you recently visited...with little girls? if so, they will give you lots of interesting stories to journal about...and we can swap grandkid news
Old 06-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan~

Yes, the one and same. My little girls will be here too and of course their father. I am afraid (not unreasonable fear) that when they get here DD is going to toss her DH out on his ear...then it's permanent drama. I may have to take an extended vacation in Northern California (eyebrows wiggling). I can only hope being back with family will help them workout the stress they've been under lately...

Made a nice bagel and egg breakfast for my DH, I had a 90 calorie wrap with scrambled eggs and 2% cheese w/ the obligatory salsa of course. My BFF and I were wondering the other day if we just need more flavor than the norm and that's why we struggle with weight issues. What do you think?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

for my daughter, though the break-up was/is incredibly painful...it was long, long overdue. i hope your daughter gets some relief and happiness. (and she can tell her sister to be more inclusive with the wedding plans) are they moving with jobs or are they job hunting? i now you are going to have so much fun with those little girls!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My SIL has two good job prospects so that will help a lot! My DD wants to go to school for dental assisting and that's great...I live a short, short walk from an elementary school so the little girls can go there: Kindergarten and Second grade. I walked all of my children to this school. It'll be fun to do it again. It seems an ideal time to make the move. I love my SIL and I don't wish any pain on either of them. I was eight when my folks divorced and it was Ugly. If it happens I can only hope for maturity to rear it's sensible head.

Down day for me, just having my coffee. DH and I still have this day off. Yesterday we made teepees out of long straight branches from last autumns tree trimming... to help support the tomatoes and cukes. Today we MUST get the yellow squash and Zukes in the ground before they croak in their little containers. Also have two more tomato plants to go in ground. Hopefully they will produce well when the other starts to wain. We currently have some nice green tomatoes and some good sized cukes.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down Day~ Slept in (after DH left at 6:00 am) until 9:30. Sometimes it feels so wonderful to sleep, when nothing hurts, no joint pain, no back pain. It was luxurious and decadent...I can't wait to try it again.

I got out my spiral veggie maker and made two zucchinis worth of noodles, sauteed them with roasted garlic, a dab of tomato paste, red chili flakes and one little chicken breast....about 130 calories, very filling and very delish. Maybe some baby carrots if I get hungry before dinner...planning my regular DD chicken salad for dinner.

I bought more Fage for my UD breakfast. So good. I know there are tons of recipes out there that I'm missing but I'll find them. Love that stuff.

Last night we picked and ate the first two Japanese cucumbers with salt and pepper. Really good. I say that now but I know by the end of summer I won't even look at a cucumber...
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FAGE Can't wait to get back to that. I'm in hard-core induction, so none for me right now. But I will live vicariously through you. Glad you enjoyed a luxurious sleep!!! I love that as well.

Funny about the cucumbers. I just planted two and they're already taking off. Good thing DS loves them!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
FAGE Can't wait to get back to that. I'm in hard-core induction, so none for me right now. But I will live vicariously through you. Glad you enjoyed a luxurious sleep!!! I love that as well.

Funny about the cucumbers. I just planted two and they're already taking off. Good thing DS loves them!!
Cukes are the rabbits of the veggie world! You're doing awesome in hard core induction. I admire you. Fage will wait.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, those rapidly-reproducing cukes!!! I grow my vegetables in a raised bed since we live in the city. Sort of like this one but white: Google Image Result for http://www.charlesandhudson.com/photos/raised-garden-box.jpg

So I don't think I get as many as I would otherwise. Do you grow your vegetables in the ground? DS loves going out to our little garden box to "harvest"!

Thank you for your encouragement, Blonde! Fage will definitely wait!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, right in the ground. We have great soil, but that wasn't the case when we moved in 20 years ago. We even rotate the crops so they don't deplete in nutrients...DH is a happy farmer and has added horse manure to the yard many years in a row. I'm looking for some pics to post of last years garden. We use fish emulsion as fertilizer. I have to admit, I'd love to have raised beds. They're so much more neat but DH won't hear of it. I absolutely hate to weed.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you have a pretty advanced operation, Blonde! I'm jealous! But I too hate to weed, so I can't imagine moving beyond what I've got out back right now! Can't wait to see your pics!
Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

I like to see pictures of gardens too. I have a few plants but since I live alone, I don't need much...and I don't take the time to take care of the poor plants...and you probably don't know this, but they don't produce well if you don't take care of them. lolol!

When first started LCing, I missed the summer picnic and BBQ foods the most, especially corn on the cob!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #497
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Happy June 1st! Today is the "unofficial" anniversary of "going steady" with my husband. 37 years ago he gave me a beautiful black hills gold ring and solemnly told me "if it doesn't work out, the ring is yours to keep". Later this month on Fathers Day we'll celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary. Like I would give up a guy like like that!? Over the years we've seen each other at our best and worst. We've both lost our parents, I've lost two siblings. When his father died he lost his siblings as well...another story for another decade. He's put on a pound or three over the years...I've been up and down but mostly up for the last 20 or so. He tells me I'm beautiful. I mostly believe him. He has always supported me financially and emotionally (I've returned the favor, working 60 hour weeks for many years so he could make a stab at entrepreneurship). For the last five months he has eaten a DD salad with me almost every other day, just to make it easier on me. He hasn't grumbled one time because I was having a DD and couldn't go out to eat, or had to delay a trip to In-N-Out Burger, at least for a day. He cheers for me, tells me I'm saving my own life, marvels at my will to succeed, this time. I'm so grateful for his love and support. However long we are allowed to be together, it will never be enough time. I say these things as a tribute, as truth. I am a blessed woman.
This made me cry!!!! So beautiful!!

Hello my lovely ladies! I have slowly clawed my way back to the land of the living. I have thought of you all often and have missed you all tremendously! So while my personal life is slowly getting back on the rails, my physical being is absoulutely run itself into a ditch. I am miserable and pretty sure I'm the biggest I've ever been (terrified of getting on the scale) as my clothes are tight tight tight. DH has slowly started the struggle of facing reality that *something* has to change diet wise as he's had some mass stomach issues which aren't going away any time soon unless he makes a lifestyle change. I hope and pray that this is "the change" that I need in order to make weight loss permanent and successful. Still haven't figured out what *it* will be, but know that that something has to be done soon to relieve myself of this horrible physical feeling of roundness.

Its great that you all have stuck together and have had continued success with your plans!! So thrilled for all of you. Looking to you all for support and inspiration!

♥ danielle

Last edited by DesertGurl; 06-25-2011 at 01:47 PM..
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

((((Danielle))))) So glad to see you!!! I"m sorry to hear about the struggles you're facing, but you're BACK, and that's what matters!!! We are here for you, my friend.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

ThreadJack

SSOOOO, So, so glad to hear from you Danielle!!!! I KNOW you can master the diet thing. Start today as Day 1 and ...go. It's so very hard, but you CAN do it. GET healthy for yourself and for your children. Tiny steps. Baby steps. Don't even try to do it all at once. I too don't have the wonderfulness in my life that Blonde shares...it's beyond nice! but WE are strong and can be SLIM!!!

Can I help in any way?

Missing you,
Jan
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Christine and Jan!! How I've missed you girls!!

Havent started anything yet but my mindset is turned around that I WILL be doing something within this week and get going. DH needs to do something as well and I think he is finally coming to terms with it. I worry about him. He carry's all his weight in his belly and nowhere else! He has already stated tho that he refuses to give up his beer. LOL I said, ok well that's a no brainer there's plenty of lc beers now. HA! Years back he tried Atkins and did beautifully with it and lost fast. Back when Rolling Rock was the only lc beer on the market and he loved it. So cross your fingers girls that he makes the right decision and decides to persue this with me. It will make things TONS easier if he does it cause cooking will be more enjoyable cooking for more on this lifestyle.

Blonde, I forgot to add, when you were driving thru Flagstaff ya shoulda come by to see me! We're about 2 hrs south of Flag. Wouldn't that have been somethin? I also had always had the idea in my head that when we went down to San Diego to see family that you and I would get to meet up...right now I have no idea if I will ever even go back to San Diego as I have absolute no contact with family anymore. Sad, but true. It is what it is and suprisingly finding it very freeing. LOTS of baggage there lemme tell ya!

Anywho, look for me to be starting a journal in the coming weeks. I really need the support and camaraderie with you all to finally do this!

Hope you're all having a beautiful weekend! ♥
Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Danielle! It's so good to hear from you! I think of you often (as do the other girlies, I'm sure). Welcome back, you're always welcome back no matter how far away you go! I know you'll find something that works for you! We're here to support you every step of the way. Let us know when you get your journal up and running, we'll be there for you as well. My best advice is to just keep at it. Don't be sidelined by what you may perceive as "cheating" or "going off track". Remember that it's all a change for the better and you can restart every day. no matter what, one meal at a time.

Hello Jan and Christine! Jan when you said my life was wonderfulness, I got tears in my eyes. It is, isn't it? I'm so blessed and I try not to ever take it for granted. Nothing is perfect and I do try to not to verbalize the imperfections, since they're mostly minor potholes in my road of life. Attitude is everything and I've had many times of attituding myself into a full fledged stomach stretcher... I now try very hard to keep my "tude in line, and sometimes I'm successful.

The last time I weighed in (yesterday) I was down .2 pounds and that's cool because it means my vacation loss was real and stayed down. I've had some food challenges the last couple of weekends. I attended a party on Saturday for the anniversary of my DD's future in laws. I've got one word for you. Cake. So yum. But the house was amazing, I'm not kidding it was a mansion with one of those pools that has a endless rim at the end, just sort of disappears into the ether. Much like a what an Italian Villa would look like if I'd ever seen one. The most amazing news of all? Future MIL's sister offered this home for the wedding! Apparently my lovely daughter has made a big impression. She and her fiance dog-sat for them last month while they were on vacation. WooHoo!

I've said this before, my weight loss is slow, s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w.......but it's still loss, and I can live with that!

Happy Monday mon amis!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!!!!!!! Sounds like a gorgeous location for a wedding! I am so excited for all of you; please keep us apprised of the details! Cannot WAIT to see some pictures!!!

Good for you for losing! Any loss is good loss, and over vacation yet??? ROCK STAR!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

S.L.O.W. IS a good thing you know...not something I can appreciate!!!

You know....pics of the lovely DD would be admired all around...just sayin!

And, please, continue to share the romance of this wedding
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #504
Blabbermouth!!!

So I think I have a taker for doing low carb with me! Ding! Ding! Ding! DH and I were at the grocery store yesterday and he says to me that we should just get a few things to "tide everyone over" until this weekend when we can do some big grocery shopping and buy what WE need to start changing our lifestyle. I about fell over. He's committing to cutting out the sugar and implementing more fresh stuff. The man LOVES vegetables like nobody's business, and can teach me a thing or five about eating fish. A low carb lifestyle is meant for him. He is a snacker by nature though, and usually crunchy, or salty, or sweet, or all three. So gotta get him trained on alternatives to things. He always claimed before how he could never eat low carb "because he loves his bread too much"...until I pointed out to him the other night when we grilled burgers and halfway thru his first one, he'd already pulled off almost the entire bun. Men can be so stubborn sometimes! And, as the last bullet in my pitch to change his eating, I dragged out pictures of him when he'd lost the weight doing Atkins several years ago. He was shocked. Yes, I am a devil, but I got my way! I cannot even tell you, the idea of having some support in the kitchen feels really amazing to me. The man is a mean cook, so I'm looking forward to see what he comes up with now!!

Ugh, I weighed this morning... the highest I have ever been in my life. I don't even think I weighed this much with my pregnancy's. Stress is such a PITA!!!! No wonder I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for a cooperative partner!!!

I've learned a few things over the months about snacking and one of my favorite new additives is pure stevia powder. It's super-concentrated, just a tiny pnich does it but it has opened up so many new dishes! For example, yesterday was a down day and I was starving about two hours before dinner, so.... I dumped about a cup and half of broccoli slaw into a non stick pan, added a little soy sauce, a tbls of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of stevia, sauteed until hot and steamy and voila! Instant teriyaki veggies. About 35 calories and I don't know the carb count but I'm sure it was low. Filled me up and helped me last until dinner. Sometimes I add red pepper flakes for extra kick. My favorite "dip" is red taco sauce (the hot stuff) walden farms creamy bacon dressing (no cals or carbs) and a pinch of stevia. Hot, sweet, spicy, creamy and amazingly good! I use it on raw veggies and as sometimes on my plate for chicken or beef. Another thing I have tried is mixing some orange flavored 0 calorie powder to some liquid and using it with some of the above items for orange chicken.

Hope this gives you some good ideas. I eat low calorie every other day, but stevia added to some of your low carb dips will probably work much the same.

I know you feel bad about your weight but that is over now and you can start back down the path to good health and healing. Double
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a another successful DD yesterday, and came in at around 420 calories. I've never had a planned DD that wasn't successful, it just turns into a medium day if I have problems. One of the things that helps me through is to stick a piece of beef jerky in my mouth and savor it as long as possible. Gross, but good.

I'm off work today and I need to organize my room (desperately). It's so hard to be motivated! It's like trying to put 10lbs of crap in a five pound bag! I don't have enough storage, I have donated so much of my clothes to Amvets but I guess if I did deep ( and deep it is) I can come up with more.

I'm joining Jan in the "what have I done to my hair?" Club. Cut and color and OMG....I can't wear a hat to work! The color is okay just really really blond but the cut is unmanageable. Too many layers not enough hair. I wake up in the morning and I'm horrified by what happened to my head while I was sleeping. It's passable when it's styled, but who wants to style their hair before breakfast??? Thank heavens the wedding is five and half months away, however I have a party to go to this weekend....Hey! I can wear a hat to the party!

Good times.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the ideas! Something tells me though, the man is not going to have to worry a whole lot about carb counts. He will lose rather easily I believe by just cutting the sugar. He doesn't even know how damn lucky he is I tell ya!! The idea of the broccoli sounds yum, but I just cannot eat it, my tummy bloats like a balloon so I just stay away from it, but a definite great idea for dh, he will love it.

I'm sorry, I had to laugh thinkin about you standing there with your hair all over the place.. couldn't ya wear a hat to work and tell 'em you're experimenting for something for the wedding? Or, you are allergic to sun and flourescent lights on your head and now have to wear a hat? I'm sure it's not even as bad as you think it is, and you are still as gorgeous as ever!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree with Danielle! I'm sure you look just darling. But I, too, had to laugh at the image of your waking up and thinking, WTH???
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies, but Christine I don't think darling is the word...maybe DARING. It's going to be pretty hot here over the weekend so I have a good excuse to wear a hat. Plus, I'm sure it has shrunk over the last couple of days. Is that possible? Can it get shorter?? I'm quite hysterical.

I've been very bad, I've been sneaking cigarettes here and there. Not a good idea. I know that there is nothing down that path but bronchitis and bad breath, and yet I find myself on the wrong path again. It's starts innocently enough...a party with wine and people with cigarettes and the next thing I know I'm sneaking cigs without wine or people around. I wish I could explain the cigarette thing. I've been mostly a non smoker my whole life but I seem to have times when I can't resist them. I've been addicted to them (I guess I still am) and I apparently can't just have one. Here's the really weird part...and you'll think I'm nuts when I say this. Every time I get on a cigarette kick, someone in my family dies and I end up in the full fledged smoking section. Yes I'm sure it's just a coincidence but it has happened several times over the last twenty years or so. Crazy bad idea to smoke.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Going to have some food challenges this weekend, in a word? BBQ.

This begins my 7th month on JUDDD and I couldn't be happier about that. I'm so close to the 30lb mark I can taste it. I've been stalled out quite a bit but I think a return to low carb may get me started. The only thing I'm worried about is the rebound weight that low carbing can bring if you slip up. I guess I shouldn't worry and just go for it. One good thing about remaining the same weight is that I'll know how to do maintenance when I get there!

If anyone is interested in JUDDD there is a new thread for July.

Happy Fourth of JULY!!!