tell us more about the grandbabies you're going to visit. so exciting
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thank you Maggie, good advice and I concur. I'll go check out your journal in a little while and subscribe!

Jan~ two granddaughters 7 and 5. Beautiful, smart, loving...monsters.

I adore them. We skype all the time so I get to "see" them, but I need to get my hands on them and squeeze them and tickle them and read to them and make their breakfast. They love my scrambled eggs and cheese.

Tonight I'm going to a birthday dinner with my DD and some friends from our work. All girls, we are going to a place in San Diego that has a 3 hour show with dinner. It's an.......all male review, but all the males are dressed like ladies! That's right. 3 hours of fun and screams at a Drag Queen musical show. I can hardly wait. I am one of the designated drivers (I volunteered to drive, I don't need all those cocktail calories). I've never been but I've heard it's a HOOT and a half.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Sounds like a wonderful time, Blonde!!! Enjoy that show!!! (and your granddaughters sound adorable!).
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Thank you Maggie, good advice and I concur. I'll go check out your journal in a little while and subscribe!

Jan~ two granddaughters 7 and 5. Beautiful, smart, loving...monsters.

I adore them. We skype all the time so I get to "see" them, but I need to get my hands on them and squeeze them and tickle them and read to them and make their breakfast. They love my scrambled eggs and cheese.

Tonight I'm going to a birthday dinner with my DD and some friends from our work. All girls, we are going to a place in San Diego that has a 3 hour show with dinner. It's an.......all male review, but all the males are dressed like ladies! That's right. 3 hours of fun and screams at a Drag Queen musical show. I can hardly wait. I am one of the designated drivers (I volunteered to drive, I don't need all those cocktail calories). I've never been but I've heard it's a HOOT and a half.
I hoped you enjoyed your time with your DD Blonde sounds like a hoot!
The gal that had here extra skin removed from under both her arms is Amber she is a gorgeous blonde, at least I think she is. She has lost quite a bit of weight and I believe will be getting married this year and she hated how her arms looked so she had surgery around the first week of April. She is healing now and feels so much better about how she looks. She has pictures posted of her before and after but you have to go back in her journal to about the end of March and then forward to see some pictures if you are interested in them. Her journal is Bejewelme's Journey to a Skinny Bride, you may have seen her posts.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a nice weekend with your family and friends Blonde!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
threadjack

thanks Maggie. the no surgery/nope not me lady is going to look. i'm most curious about recovery time and scarring.

where are you ms. blonde? my grandsons are 7, 5 and turning 4 this weekend. they are a handful...and the joy of my life!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry everyone!! I've had no internet service for days! Everything is up and running and hopefully fixed for good. Had the cable guy up in my attic at 8:00 this morning, changing out splitters and things. I will be going on vacation soon and I hope to keep in touch on my laptop. As for me, I'm a little blue right now, no kids around and a DD to boot. I'll get by and I'll be better tomorrow. Hope you're all having a nice Mommy's Day!

P.S. I really have come to rely on my lowcarb friends. It was hard not being able to talk for days and days. Thanks for being here.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 05-08-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 05-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Blonde! Hope your DD went well. I know it must have been tough without your kiddos around.

I'm chugging along. Not JUDDDing but keeping to low carb for now until my dieting ADD kicks in and I try something else. Maybe that's the secret for me. Knowing I only have to do a certain eating plan for seven days.

I bet vacation will be wonderful for you!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

for "dieting ADD"
Old 05-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back, Blonde! You were missed.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey Blonde! Hope your DD went well. I know it must have been tough without your kiddos around.

I'm chugging along. Not JUDDDing but keeping to low carb for now until my dieting ADD kicks in and I try something else. Maybe that's the secret for me. Knowing I only have to do a certain eating plan for seven days.

I bet vacation will be wonderful for you!

Laura
I think I have dieting ADD too!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I think I have dieting ADD too!
OMG! Let's start a support group! I just know there are others like us!

Laura
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girlies! Diet ADD....who'da thunk it? Laura, I'm glad you're on track and feeling better about it! Do what is working for you, then switch if it isn't working. Maggie, Christine, Jan...thanks for hanging in!

I made it through with another very successful DD and by mid afternoon I was better. Still having some computer problems...apparently my new router is no longer routing. Dang it! I'll be able to use my laptop on the road, but not here for now. IDK, I'm not a techie, I have no idea what to do.

I have been spending quite a bit of time swimming (last week). We had a few really warm days and I went to the pool with my Dear D. Lovely, basking in the warm sun, jumping in and out...heavenly. Today its cold and rainy. Not going to be very warm this week.

I've been spending some time in my head, fretting about my up days and down days in relation to my vacation. Of course up days are no problem...I know I need to maintain my resolve to DD every other day...or at least medium day. It's not going to be a "BBQ-A-MINUTE", but close enough. I bought extra Walden Farms dressing just to take along on the trip. I'll be packing~ bag salad, baby carrots, low carb/ low calorie wraps etc to help on the road. No chips and pretzels for me this time around...and again, only every other day. I can do this. I've already told my eldest that we will need to walk in the mornings after dropping GD7 at school and she has agreed. We have some fishing trips and antique crawling planned as well. Fun! DH is doing his own fair share of fretting...about the dogs we are leaving here. The oldest (almost 12) in particular. My son has agreed to come home and sleep here at night, my youngest DD (his twin) is going to come by during the day and spend some time. I don't know what else we can do. DH loves the old dog like crazy and worries he'll be too sad with us gone. He tried to get me to go alone, on the train. I have traveled by train many times but I'm not up for it this time. I told him if he didn't come along, I was canceling as well. Ah the drama.

Work today, UD, lunch out with DD afterword (belated Mothers Day), maybe a pedicure. I know I need to get my nails done by Friday at the latest. Now, I'm not some high maintenance chick. I started getting my nails done in December (DD again) and now I like it so much I can't stop. Hope everone has a great day today!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the reason I didn't lose as much weight last month as in previous months is CARBS. If anyone has any advice to get back on the low carb trail, I would appreciate it. I know that I should stay away from sugars and that's fairly easy for me. It just seems that I keep creeping up in (salty/savory) carb numbers over time. Maybe while on vacation I can get a better handle on it.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Maybe while on vacation I can get a better handle on it.
solving a dieting dilemma on vacation???? nah....that's no fun

an idea for getting back to low carb...have you tried an egg fast? or just zero carb for a jump start? that works for me.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan, no kidding, huh? Vacation is not the place to try to resolve a dieting problem. So~ I vow to stay as close to 500 as possible on my DD's, making it a medium day if I have to, I vow to enjoy my up days and get as much exercise as I can...even if it's just walking.

Up day today and man did I wake up hungry? DH had to leave early so we were up at 4 am, and I didn't go back to bed since I work today. I just had a delicious low carb tortilla with eggs, bacon, cheese and salsa...and I am no longer hungry. I plan to have grilled chicken salad for lunch if I need to eat. Right now I feel comfortably full and that's a good thing.

Vacation day is flying up fast, three days til launch. Yesterday I got my hair colored (new girl, great job!) and my nails done. I have the cutest "hello kitty" faces on my ring fingers, the other nails are hot pink! My grand daughters will love it! If you think I have lots of money, think again. I bank-roll these luxuries with my hard earned tips! Jan, I'm happy that you like your new hair, too. It sounds really pretty. I have broken my own rules and have stepped on the scale twice since my initial monthly weigh in. I'm still sitting at 214.6 which is weird, but I just keep doing JUDDD. I know that number will drop eventually. It's been too cold to go swimming here this week, but I do think that swimming is helping to tone my arms. I can "feel" the difference.

Off to my last day of work for two whole weeks! WOOHOO!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies!

Blonde - I bet your nails look awesome! And I have to applaud you for your sticktoitiveness with JUDDD. You should be so proud of yourself. I gained .4 today and am ready to chuck low carb! Well, mentally I am. But I'm gonna keep on going at least til my induction days are in which is next Tuesday. Vacation is hard to keep in line but you sound organized and well planned. All you can is all you can do - your best in whatever situation you encounter. And if things don't go as planned, you just start again.

jkaay - I've been reading about the egg fast. I have to see my lapband doc on the 16th and am dreading reporting that I have GAINED since I last saw him. Was wondering if a three day egg fast might at least get me to where I was when I saw him last but that's still a good 5 pounds. Have you done one?

Laura
Old 05-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So~ I vow to stay as close to 500 as possible on my DD's, making it a medium day if I have to, I vow to enjoy my up days and get as much exercise as I can...even if it's just walking. Do you have an estimate of how many calories you ingest in an up day? Are you able to schedule food events so that down days are not "deprivation days" (that is so ironic, huh? of course they are) what I mean is, will you have to forgo enjoying the foods at major family events so much that your vacation is stressful? I think that for me, the major frustration of gaining is how fast it occurs and how long it takes to re-lose. That said, some people are lose really quickly after some extra eating. I hope that you can rest and relax on vacation (as much as those sweet little girls will allow), while making memories and that you deal with any weight changes (up or down) with the graciousness that you always share when you are done having fun!

Vacation day is flying up fast, three days til launch. Yesterday I got my hair colored (new girl, great job!) and my nails done. I have the cutest "hello kitty" faces on my ring fingers, the other nails are hot pink! My grand daughters will love it! Sometimes I buy shirts with sparkles or get my nails done totally pink...just to amuse and entertain my little girl students! It's way fun!If you think I have lots of money, think again. Dang! Of course I thought you were one of the "elite rich folks". And BTW nice nails are sooo NOT a luxury, but a necessityI'm glad you have your priorities straight I bank-roll these luxuries with my hard earned tips! Jan, I'm happy that you like your new hair, too. It sounds really pretty. I have broken my own rules and have stepped on the scale twice since my initial monthly weigh in. Is there a reason for not weighing? I would totally freak without my scale!!! Sometimes it is not my friend, but I need it, ya know? (Not as much as pretty nails, but just sayin!)I'm still sitting at 214.6 which is weird, but I just keep doing JUDDD. I know that number will drop eventually. It's been too cold to go swimming here this week, but I do think that swimming is helping to tone my arms. I can "feel" the difference.

Off to my last day of work for two whole weeks! WOOHOO!!!by the time I'm writing , you should be ON VACATION!!!! YAY!!!!! Have a wonderful time Blonde. You deserve all the best, including time to love on your family. I hope you get a minute or two to check in here and share your Grandma stories. What do the littles call you? I am Grams. I am so happy for you...and missing you already!
Have a wonderful vacation!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Threadjack to Laura,

Yes, I have done an eggfast several times with some success. For me, the goal was/is to get in ketosis/lose cravings and to be soooo bored with my food that I didn't/don't want any, more than a particular weight loss strategy. "All the eggs you can eat"...yum...uh...not so much. I don't add a lot of butter, meat, or anything else...just eggs (mostly boiled eggs). I say to myself "You can eat as much as you want...IF you are hungry you get eggs." Don't get me wrong, I can actually binge on eggs if I make yummy omelets et al...boiled eggs are good but for me, I get a real sense of eating for hunger versus eating due to stress/hormones/happy/just tastes good/whatever by using plain old boiled eggs. Back to basics. I think you could pick any other one lc food, prepared one way and achieve the same effect. I do really well with fish only diet too. Gotta change it up, ya know? this dieting thing is really hard (for me anyway!). I wish you good luck and mega success in kicking those pounds to the curb!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Girlies! I'm so NOT gone yet, leaving Saturday...early. Laura I think Jan answered the egg question very well and I may have to do that if I gain while I'm gone. Good luck Laura. I personally think an egg fast would do wonders for your self esteem and take off a little poundage. Good luck and let me lknow how that works out for you.

Jan, my weight fluctuates so much that I get really discouraged by the up and down up and down of the scale. That in turn makes me want to quit. That's bad, to quit, I mean. Once a month is almost a certainty of a loss, no matter how small and until last month I was losing 4lbs a month pretty steadily. I know that the loss was small because I "added" things on my up days that I shouldn't have added and I always do better when I stick to ultra low carb. Unfortunately the foods that I added were high carb, high fat, and high sugar. I know why I didn't lose much. I appreciate what you're saying to me about the frustration of trying to re-lose vacation pounds and I will keep that in the forefront of my head. I can do this. I may have more medium days than down days, but I honestly need the DD's to feel good anymore. I'm so used to eating this way that it's almost like my body is ready for 500 cals or less every other day. I have made a good plan for travel eating and I'm sticking to it.

My little girls call my Grammy or Gram and I love hearing that. I will share a naughty story from a few years ago. I didn't hear it myself, my daughter relayed it to me. This is how I tell it. "My oldest granddaughter (then 3 years old) sometimes uses the "f" word, but it's always in a complete sentence. Hailey: *Big sigh* Mommy: What's wrong sweetie? Hailey: In a sad voice... "I can't find my f****ing giraffe"....

I know it's not nice but I laughed so hard!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty much have all my ducks in a row. Got the car washed, supplies bought, laundry finished and lunch with my BFF. Now to pack!

I stepped on the scale this morning and register the other .6 of that pound is gone. New low weight and more determination before vacation. Hey that rhymes! I bought baby carrots, sugar snap peas and more Walden Farms dressing for the road. I will avoid the chips, I will avoid the chips. Sometimes saying it does make is so.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Hooray for you in walking away another extra pound!!! I know you are going to have a wonderful time with your family. I can feel your excitement! I kinda wish that I had a granddaughter...but ya know I get to work with little boys and girls every day. I am so blessed...and tired My youngest grandson turned 4 last week and he chose a big talking Toy Story Jessie...in my book, that's a doll, so fun :-)

Have a terrific time on vacation Blonde. Check in when you can!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Have a great time Blonde! You can do this! You are my JUDDD hero!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
You are going to have so much fun with your grandchildren! You are so blessed.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great time, Blonde! You can DO IT!!!!!!

Love the f-word story!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everyone! First time on line in days. I'm doing great, my JUDDD is on track. I've had one medium day and all others have been on good!! Now my computer is about to run out of battery so I need to find a place to plug in...

I'm workin the plan!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great to hear from you, Blonde!! I knew you'd do great! Have a wonderful time!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's wonderful to see family and the little girls. Our fishing trip is canceled due to thunderstorms (for the next five days)! Regrouping to make new plans...

Today is an up day, thank goodness! I had a perfect down day yesterday. I waited til I was very hungry to eat lunch, had a 90 calorie wrap stuffed with romaine and drizzled with walden farms dressing, baby carrots for a snack and then baked chicken salad for dinner. Perfect!

Going to my little bros for pork tenderloin BBQ, taking salad fixin's and looking forward to a glass of cabernet....miss my dogs terribly. There's no place like home.....
Old 05-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy!!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it to the river, did some fishing and BBQ. Had two up days in a row, it couldn't be helped but had a great DD yesterday and I'm back on track. Family does not get JUDDD and I've stopped trying to explain myself... There's a little tug of war going on between my bro and my Dear D. Nice to be popular but I can't wait to start for home. 2 more days and zoom zoom!

I've been able to get good exercise with a lot of walking and playing Wii.