Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 245/Less/Even Less :)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Everyday!
Glad to know all is well and that you are feeling better. Your daughter is one lucky young lady. My 21 year old son married last year and honeymooned in Hawaii as well. Ahhhh, to be young again

Will be thinking of you next week when she gets in, it will be easy to remember because it will be my hubby's b-day.

Have a good day!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
Start Date: 7.1.09
oh sweet blonde, i am just now reading again on lcf, and want to send you some retroactive hugs. your comment about being embarrassed made me smile...not with humor...but at the graciousness with which you offer up your "human-ness".

be well, friend.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Blonde just checking in to see how you are doing? I hope all is well and that your daughter is doing well?

Take care and have a great weekend!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello my lovely friends! Thank you for posting and for checking on me. I'm hanging in there. Everything is absolutely fine, my food program is fine, I'm fine...then why do I feels so......not fine? I've missed my daughter terribly, I've had this enormous void in my life. Then DH got sick last week and we did the "doctor" thing...he's going in for a full checkup early next month...my oldest DD is having problems in her marriage and she lives 1800 miles away from me. My son was having Easter at his girfriends moms. To top it all off, my house was empty of any children today, the first Easter like this that I can remember...in what, 35 years? It all rings a little hollow. DH and I spent time together yesterday and today in the gardens. Weeding, trimming and throwing out dead plants, pruning and watering the live ones. I bought three beautiful hydrangea and two climbers. A mandevilla and a clematis. DH went wild and roto-tilled the vegetable garden area. I paid extra-special attention to my dogs and if I could have made them hunt Easter eggs my weekend would be complete. After the intense gardening I went to get my nails done for work tomorrow. Who wants a server with ragged nails? It's all fine, right?

I think I'm back. I hope so. I've missed you girls, my pen pals... and I don't feel like I'm talking to myself anymore. OXOXOX to you!!!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hello my lovely friends! Thank you for posting and for checking on me. I'm hanging in there. Everything is absolutely fine, my food program is fine, I'm fine...then why do I feels so......not fine? I've missed my daughter terribly, I've had this enormous void in my life. Then DH got sick last week and we did the "doctor" thing...he's going in for a full checkup early next month...my oldest DD is having problems in her marriage and she lives 1800 miles away from me. My son was having Easter at his girfriends moms. To top it all off, my house was empty of any children today, the first Easter like this that I can remember...in what, 35 years? It all rings a little hollow. DH and I spent time together yesterday and today in the gardens. Weeding, trimming and throwing out dead plants, pruning and watering the live ones. I bought three beautiful hydrangea and two climbers. A mandevilla and a clematis. DH went wild and roto-tilled the vegetable garden area. I paid extra-special attention to my dogs and if I could have made them hunt Easter eggs my weekend would be complete. After the intense gardening I went to get my nails done for work tomorrow. Who wants a server with ragged nails? It's all fine, right?

I think I'm back. I hope so. I've missed you girls, my pen pals... and I don't feel like I'm talking to myself anymore. OXOXOX to you!!!
Glad to hear you are doing well Blonde. Sounds like you are really missing some old family times you used to spend with you children? Glad to hear that you spent time with hubby in your garden and sorry to hear about hubby's health issues. I can see your dogs in my mind running around your yard in search of Easter Eggs You're not talking to yourself, we are here.

Have a good Monday
Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
BLONDE!!!! I have missed you.

I completely relate to what you experienced yesterday. First, religious holidays are fairly lonely for people who don't celebrate (like us); we do celebrate when DS is here, but for the hard-core religious holidays like Easter, I send him to his father's house for a proper celebration. So yesterday it was just DH and me; we went out for breakfast, and then my dad came over to help us with some electrical work. Just another Sunday, really, but it was weird to not cook a big meal and have people over (which I would have done if DS had been here). Anyway, I hope your DD is ok as she navigates her marital troubles. Even at a distance, I know she will find great comfort in your support; I know you probably just want to give her a big ol' hug right about now! Is your other DD due home soon?

Enjoy your manicure!!!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Aww Blonde I actually understand. This year 4 out of 5 were around and this was the first time there were no Easter Baskets to be had. My oldest SS lives in Michigan and was with his GF, my Middle SS lives in NYC and was just getting back from Siberia (yes you read that right), my Step daughter had to work all day, my son was at school and we saw him on Saturday for his game. The only one left home was my DD18 and she only wanted M&M's for easter! Ugh!!!!! We went over to my Inlaws for a little while and off to my sisters to eat dinner and watch hockey. Just a weird day all around, not to mention the weather here still stinks so we really couldn't get outside.

I am glad that you are back even though I haven't really posted I have been reading but last week was really crazy for me! I just wanted to send you a hug.

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

what a good mom you are, Blonde! i can hear the pride for your lovely children! and you are so blessed to have dh to go through this empty nest part together. it's a really nice time of life i can't wait to hear about the new traditions you've been building. that said, no lyin, it's tough. tell your chicks to get their little selves back to the nest!!! asap!!! lol!

i hope any and all other life cr*p sorts itself out

feel better, K?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh, you girls are the absolute BEST!! It was so wonderful to log on this morning and know I'm not alone in these things. Thank you all for the good words and hugs!

Maggie, you're right! I am sooo missing the way things were when the kids were small. My little granddaughters (7,5) live in AR. I'm going for a visit mid-May. I can hardly wait.

Christine, my newly engaged DD will be home Wednesday night. Did I mention that we work together quite often? So I doubly miss her here and at work. On a great note she's having the time of her life! I'm so happy for her and for her beau. As for my eldest...I'll be seeing her next month (as long as DH's health is good). I'm a little nervous about the trip. For all I know, we could end up bringing the Kit and her whole ca-boodle home with us. That's another can of worms. Her DH has been in the family 14 years and is like a son to us....yikes. One day at a time, right? It's true, yesterday was just like any other Sunday. I'm actually glad the Monday has rolled around. If I want to avoid this next year I should make a plan...What kind of electrical work are you doing? Is this for your new place or your old place?

Dawn! What? No Easter Baskets? I remember well all the grumbling I did every year, picking up Easter "grass" out of the carpet for days and unwinding it from my vacuum cleaner. What a mess. DH was the ultimate Easter Bunny back then, hiding baskets and leaving a jelly bean trail to find them. Sheesh no wonder I was morose! What fun times they were!

Jan~ thanks you for the message. Yes, I'm so incredibly lucky to have my DH. He's a PILL and the love of my life. We do have so much in common and he makes me!! About getting all my chicks back to the nest? Be careful what you wish for.... I think I would love it but, maybe building new traditions is the way to go.

I did the new Jane Fonda DVD today (2nd time). It's for older people (older than me) but I enjoyed it. I think it's going to be a good way to get back some strength and balance and tone so that I can perhaps maybe think about possibly considering doing something more challenging.

Off to work in a little while. I really do feel better! Hugs back at ya!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Blonde!

I know I haven't posted in ages but I do check in on you and am glad you are feeling better. I was thinking - wow, she hasn't posted in a week!

Our kids - how I feel you on all of that. I'll have empty nest in August when my DS goes off to school. He's going to the same college as my daughter which is in Houston where we used to live. It is only four hours away but I've planted the seed with my husband about moving back. That's how traumatic the thought of not having my kids around is! Crazy, right? My daughter graduates in December and has decided to stay there. I didn't make baskets either and watched wistfully as our neighbors had egg hunts with their kids. I did buy a package of Reese's eggs and put a couple aside for DD after letting DS have two. I won't tell you where the last two ended up. That's why I've been gone. Totally off the reservation diet wise. Lack of control and lack of urge to fix it. I am attempting a DD today.

Hugs to you,

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Laura, bless your heart. I have been where you are and I feel for you. I wish I could give you the words to make it better. I will say this. Tomorrow and next week and next month and next year will go by no matter what you do. Why not look toward your healthy future? Decide what it is you really want and go get it. It doesnt matter how long it takes, does it? Take the pressure off yourself and be kind to you. Treat yourself like your best friend. Blah blah blah. Sorry. Does it count if I really really mean it???
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

wise words.

yep, they count. and yes, your sincerity shows
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes. It totally counts. Thanks for being so sweet. I truly appreciate it.

And color this DD a success. Maybe I can get some momentum going now!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Moring Blonde, just popping in to say have a Happy Wednesday and be good to yourself because you deserve it.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Laura! Yay! One down. Remember that a truly hard down day can become a medium day if it's necessary. One day at a time.

Jan you are sweet. I love that you can read between the lines. I think the reason I'm Blonde and not my given name is that I really do wear my heart on my sleeve and I could not do so otherwise.

Maggie, thank you! We all deserve to be good to ourselves. Sometimes we forget how. You do the same, okay?

Happy Wednesday indeed! My DD will be home tonight from Hawaii! I have missed her so. I work today so I'll be busy. Yesterday I stayed home and did some much needed spring cleaning, including the ex-bathtub of my ex-roommates DD and DS. OMGolly. What a chore. It's so sparkling now I may never let anyone in there again.

Okay, so I followed every down day to the letter this month but my UP days were sometimes out of control. Notice I didn't talk about that much? I have stepped on and off the scale a couple of times in the last week and I'm not thrilled. Once had me down .5lbs for the whole month, another had me up 1.5lbs. I will follow my own advice and take it like a (wo)man. I'll weigh on the last day and that will be my weight. I do feel as if I'm holding on to water, my fingers are kinda sausage-y. This is not a quick weight loss plan (good thing, huh?) so I will continue on and I know I'll release more weight next month. I seem to plateau about every 6 weeks. Weird.

On a positive note, I've been walking two nights a week for an hour and I've been doing some light "lifting" DVD's at home. This could also account for no weight loss. I walk and lift at work three days a week. I do feel stronger and better everyday and I'm headed in the right direction. GOOD FOR ME!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah you is right!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

Laura! Yay! One down. Remember that a truly hard down day can become a medium day if it's necessary. One day at a time.

Jan you are sweet. I love that you can read between the lines. I think the reason I'm Blonde and not my given name is that I really do wear my heart on my sleeve and I could not do so otherwise.

Maggie, thank you! We all deserve to be good to ourselves. Sometimes we forget how. You do the same, okay?

Happy Wednesday indeed! My DD will be home tonight from Hawaii! I have missed her so. I work today so I'll be busy. Yesterday I stayed home and did some much needed spring cleaning, including the ex-bathtub of my ex-roommates DD and DS. OMGolly. What a chore. It's so sparkling now I may never let anyone in there again.

Okay, so I followed every down day to the letter this month but my UP days were sometimes out of control. Notice I didn't talk about that much? I have stepped on and off the scale a couple of times in the last week and I'm not thrilled. Once had me down .5lbs for the whole month, another had me up 1.5lbs. I will follow my own advice and take it like a (wo)man. I'll weigh on the last day and that will be my weight. I do feel as if I'm holding on to water, my fingers are kinda sausage-y. This is not a quick weight loss plan (good thing, huh?) so I will continue on and I know I'll release more weight next month. I seem to plateau about every 6 weeks. Weird.

On a positive note, I've been walking two nights a week for an hour and I've been doing some light "lifting" DVD's at home. This could also account for no weight loss. I walk and lift at work three days a week. I do feel stronger and better everyday and I'm headed in the right direction. GOOD FOR ME!
You are working on yourself daily and you should be very proud of yourself for the things you accomplish for yourself. The scale is just a tool, I know we all get caught up in it. It sounds as if you have been very active and that is a great big + as far as I am concerned. Up, down on the scale is part of this journey and we have to deal with it. It sounds to me as though at the moment in your journey to becoming healthier you are dealing with it just fine. Keep on keepin' on.

BTW- Any plans to watch the Royal Wedding with DD? Should be something special, don't you think?

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-27-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
The scale is just a tool, I know we all get caught up in it.
lololol Maggie...i read your comment as "The scale is such a fool!

and i was soooo into agreeing with you!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Blonde, I tried JUDDD for a little bit and got run over by the up days. When i cut the cals on the up days, i didn't have the willpower for the 500 cal down days...

actually, i'm kinda low in the willpower department all around...but we do keep trying don't we?

and about the slow loss...? think about how easy it is to gain without mindful eating!!! you avoided gaining...which is definitely a win for you for April!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post

the scale can be a "fool" Aw well, such is life!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post

Old 04-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey Blonde!

I know I haven't posted in ages but I do check in on you and am glad you are feeling better. I was thinking - wow, she hasn't posted in a week!

Our kids - how I feel you on all of that. I'll have empty nest in August when my DS goes off to school. He's going to the same college as my daughter which is in Houston where we used to live. It is only four hours away but I've planted the seed with my husband about moving back. That's how traumatic the thought of not having my kids around is! Crazy, right? My daughter graduates in December and has decided to stay there. I didn't make baskets either and watched wistfully as our neighbors had egg hunts with their kids. I did buy a package of Reese's eggs and put a couple aside for DD after letting DS have two. I won't tell you where the last two ended up. That's why I've been gone. Totally off the reservation diet wise. Lack of control and lack of urge to fix it. I am attempting a DD today.

Hugs to you,

Laura
At least you haven't given up and are trying to get back on track.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
At least you haven't given up and are trying to get back on track.

Thanks Maggie! And so far, so good! Since Monday, I've been keeping to my JUDDD days.

And Blonde, on the water retention, GAH!!! Let me tell you my story this week. Now my eating has been crazy bad. I accept it. And the scale (What a fool!) has been moving up. I can dig it. Cause and effect, right? I knew TOM was coming and usually I can count on a 3 or 4 pound gain that stays a few days and disappears. I have been bloated and feeling tight fingered for about a week and a half! I could even wear my wedding rings which are too big even with the sizer thingy because of the sausage state of my fingers. Starting JUDDDing on Monday and on Tuesday and Wednesday I burned calories from running to the bathroom! Constantly! Since Monday I've dropped 7 pounds and I know the lion's share of that is water. I feel so much better today. So the way my body handles the bloat is changing to longer periods of massive bodily expansion! Me no likey!

My DD called me yesterday and talked me into flying into Houston on Friday and spending the day with her. Then heading with my mom to Galveston for a convention she is attending on Saturday and then flying home Sunday afternoon. It will be a quick trip and hopefully one I can keep in check food-wise. My JUDDD plan is to do a mid day today, UD tomorrow with DD, DD Saturday with mom as she's in meetings until dinner and there's a luau Saturday night. If I just eat really lightly during the day and spend my calories at dinner I should be good. Then home Sunday to get back in routine. If all else fails, I'll low carb it until I can get home to my set schedule.

Sorry to write a book! :blush: I'm just finally feeling in a better place all due to getting rid of some water and that darn fool scale.

Laura
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ladies! That fool scale. It gets the best of us! Very funny stuff, and you had me laughing like a loon.

My internet has been offline since yesterday morning. I don't know how long it will last so I'm here now.

Just fyi, I don't feel like I'm off track at all. This is just as little bump in the road. I feel I've been on track this entire time, like someone who is changing lifestyle and adjusting on a weekly basis. It is a numbers game for sure but the main focus is to lose the weight and get healthy regardless of the time frame. I feel good! I feel in control. Just like most of us, I want instant results.

Laura, it sounds like you're working the plan and not letting it work you. Your trip sounds fun and you have your days mapped out, awesome! I so hope I'm carrying lots of water-weight...but I doubt that it's more than a couple of pounds. I know that it'll come off eventually and I'll feel it. Congratulations to you! I know those first days are so hard.

Up day today, I have a lunch date with my best friend. We only can get together about once a month so I'm thrilled! Have a fabulous day my friends!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up according to the scale and down according to the scale, it's all part of the journey I have to embrace.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am down .4lbs. Oh well, it's better than up, right. I'll do better this month. I'll be on vacation in mid-May and I'll just have to adjust accordingly.

Went swimming yesterday, outside. It was lovely. Had a great DD and today I get to BBQ. WOO HOO!!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am down .4lbs. Oh well, it's better than up, right. I'll do better this month. I'll be on vacation in mid-May and I'll just have to adjust accordingly.

Went swimming yesterday, outside. It was lovely. Had a great DD and today I get to BBQ. WOO HOO!!
Swimming sounded lovely. I need to get myself into the gym to do some free laps, so relaxing. Ohhhh, BBQ sounded wonderful as well, do tell what did you BBQ? Blonde, so glad that you have found a plan that you can stick with and feel and know that it fits you. Come visit my journal sometime, I can be pretty boring at times but it's me home.

Have a nice night.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't binge even once on vacation, but i did have more foods and more carbs...and easily gained 10+ pounds in a very short time. I decided that it was worth it and that i would deal with it later. well, i am (dealing with it) and it's not fun to re-lose. would i do it again? i think so. So, if you decide to take a break while vacationing and explore some different foods, know that there's always "restarts". you've got my support with whatever you decide to do
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Maggie and Jan!! Thanks for your encouragement. My internet has been on and off intermittently...driving me insane.

I had a very good DD today. I have been reasoning with myself over the itty bitty scale victory..I know I am trying to plateau, I also know I ate ice cream more than once and may have more than likely possibly (I love to run these together) over done on the calories more than once and I didn't watch my carbs as diligently more than once and upped my exercise and all the reasons we can give for not making our goal. I must say that I fell short on the "workin it" department, but I'm okay. I am managing my DD's to the "T" and so this is good practice for maintenance right? While I'm on vacation I may have a succession of up days and medium days. I'm trying to be realistic so I'll cut calories where I can on my medium days and If I can get in a real DD I will. I can really relate to regain and how hard it is to get back to where you were. I am going to try very hard not to go backward. Just keep the momentum going. Jan I know you'll get there.

OOO, I went swimming again today with my DD and then sat in the jacuzzi and then sat in the beautiful sunshine, basking in it's warmth (with my BIG sun hat on). It was heavenly...I'm going every chance I get! While I'm in Arkansas we plan on visiting a "water park" that also has fishing (only in
Arkansas, huh?). That will be fun! The best thing about the water is I feel so incredibly light when I'm in the pool. I can do things I couldn't do out of the water...like stand on my tippy toes and do giant lunges....

Maggie I need to go back and find the spot where you told me how to find your journal unless you want to have pity and tell this forgetful old lady again?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Blonde it's Tuesday! Nothing going with me just wanted to say Happy Tuesday.

The name of my journal is To ONEDERland and Beyond so that is where you can find me if you like. I know what you mean about swimming, I too feel light as a feather in the water and it is soooo soothing. Hey your NOT an old gal, I will be the big 50 next year if you remember so I am right up there with you.

You know I have times where I am content where I am and that lasts for a moment and then I know I have to get moving on down that scale. I believe all of us have our seasons of life and part of that season in losing weight is just simply working on maintaining our losses.

I feel we should all be here to support one another on this interesting journey to being healthier, happier people. I WILL have good days and I will have bad ones, it's just part of the journey.

Well gabbed long enough, you have a good Tuesday and enjoy your life.