Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Today is an UD for me and work day as well. I had my favorite UD breakfast at home: Grilled cheese sandwich on LC bread. What a treat! I also took leftovers from last UD and made it into soup in the crock pot...there's a lot there and I may have to notify DS of extra food.

My allergies are raging this morning. I hope the meds take effect before I have to go to work. I may have a grilled chicken caesar salad after work (I know, that's nuts, I eat that stuff all the time!).

Obviously I have no real news or wisdom to impart. So, I'm still doing it, it's working, I'm happy. That's that, for now.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
hey Blonde! today in the store, i put BACK the yellow cake...AND...I put back the chocolate cake...due to YOUR wisdom. i carried them BOTH around for awhile but YOUR little voice....kept getting bigger and bigger..."Don't do it. You'll be sorry!" you're 500 miles away...how do you DO that?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Blonde is good with her power of persuasion.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
hey Blonde! today in the store, i put BACK the yellow cake...AND...I put back the chocolate cake...due to YOUR wisdom. i carried them BOTH around for awhile but YOUR little voice....kept getting bigger and bigger..."Don't do it. You'll be sorry!" you're 500 miles away...how do you DO that?
Good for you Jan! Are you sure it was MY little voice? I'll bet it was your little voice, getting stronger and taking control. Seriously, the last time I ate yellow cake (last month) it almost killed my guts. I'm so happy you're feeling empowered. Are you still alternating calorie days? Doing low carb? If I helped in any way, I feel wonderful about that. It's just payback for all the encouragement you've given me!

Regarding my power of persuasion...it is said that no man is a prophet in is own country. I simply believe in what I'm doing, so much so that it is persuasive to others? IDK. I'm humbled. Thank you ladies!

DD for me. My homemade soup was sooo good last night, I fear I overindulged. Looking forward to some down time. My DD menu for the day looks like:

B:Eggbeaters (45)

L:Sautee'd cabbage w/ soy sauce (50)

D:Chicken (210) with Romaine mix (30) & zero cal dressing

S:Swiss Miss diet cocoa (25)
1 cup almond milk (35)

Coffee, tea, water, coke zero, tea, water etc.

Going to work this morning. Word of the day~ Believe
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There was talk on the JUDDD thread regarding success rates. I wanted to make an observation while it's fresh in my mind.

I love that every down day is a fresh slate and an opportunity to improve. It's taken me the last three months to hit a good groove, stay focused. Every day I spend eating this way is another day closer to being who I want to be. I think the very principals involved in calorie counting those down days helps me to "know" my body, improve, and manage my weight loss or maintenance when I get there. I am "present" in myself, not mindlessly shoveling food in and thinking about how bad I am. I am a person with feelings, hopes and desires just like anyone else. I will not be defined by age or weight or beauty. I'm me. This is all I get.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Awesome, Blonde! I have to say that I feel the same way: Every day is a chance for me to get closer to being who I am in my "mind's eye." In my mind's eye, I am NOT a fat girl. I am fit and healthy, strong and lean. And each day is a chance to take a tiny step closer to that vision.

I truly believe that every process requires a vision: Organizations require visions, and so do individuals. And YOU have a great one!! Keep up the great work, and you'll get there.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Christine, I agree, Vision is necessary to succeed. How can one hope to reach a place that one cannot see?

Not sure what's happening today with my UD, gonna figure out a nice dinner for DH and myself. He's been so great about my DD's and often eats a main meal salad dinner with me, only he gets additional fats and proteins. Rain is in the forecast again and a ridiculous drop in temperature. 25 degrees below normal for this time of year. I thought the wood stove was done for the season, but I'll probably be sparking it up again this evening.

Finished my DD successfully yesterday, it went very well. It was good to have the sauteed cabbage for lunch, that really helped with the "hungries". I was trying so hard to get in the protein on DD's that I neglected to try out true "fillers", like cabbage. I like mine in a non-stick pan, with soy sauce, pepper and a little water, Really tasty and really satisfying. I was thinking yesterday that crunchy bean sprouts tossed in at the end would have added a nice dimension to the sautee. I truly like vegetables and should incorporate them into my DD, more.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thinking about some Parmesan Crusted Tilapia from Olive Garden for lunch today w/ broccoli and salad, MM...MM. I'm convinced! Gotta love it!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The tilapia sounds delicious!!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
The tilapia sounds delicious!!
Oh my dear, it was fabulous! What a treat! How you doin' kiddo? How goes the war?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! Do you ever eat salmon? My favorite fish EVER!

Hanging in there. Ya know how it goes.....waiting and watching....and fighting an epic battle too much to do and not enough time to do it.......ah well!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post

I love that every down day is a fresh slate and an opportunity to improve. It's taken me the last three months to hit a good groove, stay focused. Every day I spend eating this way is another day closer to being who I want to be. I think the very principals involved in calorie counting those down days helps me to "know" my body, improve, and manage my weight loss or maintenance when I get there. I am "present" in myself, not mindlessly shoveling food in and thinking about how bad I am. I am a person with feelings, hopes and desires just like anyone else. I will not be defined by age or weight or beauty. I'm me. This is all I get.
Your positive attitude is refreshing...and, you are SO right...EVERY day IS a new one...a fresh start...an opportunity to embrace and appreciate life.

Enjoy this odd weather! We had hail today in the Bay area.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine, I love salmon! DH tolerates it, so I usually go out to eat to have it. I like ocean fish as well and some shellfish. No mussels, though. The Parmesan Crusted Tilapia at Olive Garden is really good. Really good.

Thanks Jan! The days of beating myself up are over. It's non-productive, self-destructive and I'm so over it. Even some of the gals on the JUDDD thread come back after an up day and cry about their "naughty" up day and how they are going to only have liquids on their DD, etc. My UD is what it is. Last night I had real ice cream. Granted, it didn't sit well, but still, I ate it, it was good and I have no desire to eat it today, or berate myself for doing it. This is the very thing that used to kill me on straight low carb. Cheating, then eating everything in sight, because when I "get back on" I can't have this stuff anymore. It's no way for me to live. I have to make food what it is, food. Not joy, or love or punishment or sleeping pills or anger modifiers or pacifiers or anything else mood altering. I wish I could preach this all over the boards but until one is ready to hear it, it's just noise, and someone else's 2 cents worth.

Speaking of weather~ It was so cold this morning, when DH left at 5:45 am, I went back to bed and slept until 9:30. Glorious! I had a weird brunch of sauteed cabbage and broccoli slaw w/ soy sauce. Yummy, filling and something different from the usual eggbeaters. It actually held me all day until awhile ago, I had some Glu cinnamon maple "cereal". Sort of like cream of wheat. About 20 calories and enough to hold me until dinner salad. I still use the glu, not every day and I think I'm "over" the tofu shiritaki as well. I still have some in case I get a "noodle' craving but I can have dreamfields on my UD if I want. It's really filling. I've been "practicing" making less food for DH and myself. He doesn't really like leftovers (unless it's cold pizza) and I'm not eating leftovers these days. The human garbage disposal is retired I guess.

Not to go overboard, or be "gushy" but I'm really happy with this WOE. I am so glad to have found it.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy that you're happy, Blonde!!!! You are an inspiration!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

I like it when you're "gushy"

Where did you get the glu stuff, Blonde? I'm going to be in the extreme dieting mode soon...but not yet!!

Today I made cookies with my 5 year old grandson using the infamous 1 cup peanut butter/1 cup sugar/1 egg/dash of vanilla recipe. Well, he embellished with chocolate and chips and sprinkles and some creative fork smashing...here's the results...

w/splenda = good, acceptable, I can eat these (we don't offer the kids any artificial foods)

w/splenda brown sugar blend = quite good

w/sugar and chocolate chips on top, for the children = much better...duh

my small guys eat gluten free, love peanut butter and this recipe is amazing. last week i made bread with peanut butter and eggs!! maybe I'll make some more tonight.

oh my goodness, sorry for rambling on your journal, Blonde!!!!

Last edited by JK130; 04-08-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 04-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine and Jan....

Ramble away, Jan!! Your gluten free cookies sound delicious! So...1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 cup splenda a dash of vanilla then what? mix? roll? bake? Tell me the rest, please?

Cool news! Netrition is now carrying the Glucomannan Powder by Konjac foods so you can order from this sight! Also our Glucomannan Recipes thread is now a "sticky" and has sort of an index so you can find some of the recipes and experiments! I think it's a wonderful thickener and it has helped me a lot.

I'm sitting here typing away and listening to my tummy growl. I'm making BLT's for breakfast this morning (in awhile) and I'm excited. Julian Bakery low carb bread #1 for me and potato bread for DH. I bought a kielbasa yesterday to slice in little rounds and have with sauteed cabbage (my new favorite veg). I definitely have meat on the brain today.

It rained all night and it's chilly. Brrrrr. More coffee, please and thank you.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Blonde I am so glad that you have found a way to eat and still lose some pounds. I am finding that I have to watch quite a bit in order to keep my blood sugar normal.

Most of the foods you describe sound wonderful but alas I have to avoid them. I am doing better with really lowering my carbs along with exercise.

It is cold here in MI and hubby and I will be going for walk in a nearby park, I doing this when it rains.

I like the concept of JUDDD and I think that when I am done with the thoughts of losing more would like to settle into to this WOE for maintenance.

I understand the all or nothing mentality and I have to fight that everyday and not compare myself to others and just work on me.

Happy again that you are enjoying your WOE, have a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love that pb cookie recipe, Jan!! I love that your GS made his own creations. Blonde, you just mix everything up, and drop it on the cookie sheet by the TSP. Bake until browned, and let them sit for a minute or two before you take them off the cookie tray. Love, love, love them!

Maggie, it looks like you're making good progress, and I definitely agree with your idea that you shouldn't compare yourself to others. I fell into that trap myself; another woman on LCF is pretty much exactly like me (stats and build) but doing a different plan (low cal). She's way down, and for awhile I was like, WOW. Maybe I should change to low cal.

But I know that wouldn't work for me. As Blonde has shown us, the key is finding something that will work for us in the long term!

And I have dedicated myself to the idea that slow and steady really does win the race, as annoying as that is.

you ladies!!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 04-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Maggie. It's absolutely best to do what works for you! And comparing only brings disappointment. There are those on JUDDD that lose faster than I, but I don;t know what they are doing or if they'll stick.

As far as I know, I don't have BG issues, so slow and steady, is the BIG MONEY ticket! You are so right Christine! As for the cookies, 350? Does that sound right?

I made a recipe from my Dana Carpendar book called:

Lemon Vanilla Cheesecake. I used her almond crust recipe.

2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 light sour cream
zest and juice of one whole lemon
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla
5 tbsp Splenda
(I also added stevia) 1 serving

Add to blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Pour into pie pan that has been sprayed with Pam or use with the almond crust recipe. Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool down, chill it, then eat. It's really good. Sweet and tart. It would be fine without any crust at all with maybe some whipped cream on top.

Per her instructions I put a partially filled pan of water underneath the pie on the bottom rack to keep the cheesecake moist. I'll definitely make this one again!

Hope your weekend is going well! to you too!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Work today. My allergies are terrible this morning! I cannot breathe through nose at all...I hesitate to take claritin, it makes me super hyper but how else can I get through work? The price I pay for a green lawn and flowers...and spring.

Perfect DD yesterday, I surprise myself at times, with my resolve. I had eggbeaters and LC toast this morning. Yum.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, 350 is perfect for the cookies. Usually about 8 minutes or so. Keep a close eye on them. Hope your allergies are clearing up!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD for me today. I'm still trying to "master" the art of Up Days.

My Youngest DD came over after work to help me with my hair, we had fun and I drank too much wine, ate too much dinner. Enough said. I felt really logy this morning, and I didn't sleep well. This is just another lesson learned as I try to "find" myself on this journey. I wake up feeling fabulous after a DD.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
DD for me today. I'm still trying to "master" the art of Up Days.

My Youngest DD came over after work to help me with my hair, we had fun and I drank too much wine, ate too much dinner. Enough said. I felt really logy this morning, and I didn't sleep well. This is just another lesson learned as I try to "find" myself on this journey. I wake up feeling fabulous after a DD.
One would think that with the wine we would sleep better but it has never been the case for me.

So....picture of your hair please.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

True Dat, Dawn. Too much wine=not good sleep. I need some recent pics, the one on my avatar is two years old. My hair is all blonde these days, no more brunette highlights.

As predicted, I feel great this morning! DH had to leave ultra early so I was up at 4 am. Truly an insane hour of the morning. I've had my breakfast of eggbeaters and lc toast. Yum. Work today. Off tomorrow.

My youngest is flying out to Hawaii today for two weeks with her boyfriend and his family. What she doesn't know, and everyone else does: She's getting engaged in Hawaii. We were invited along as well but money and my phobia of flying kept us grounded. I like to blame money but in reality, if I could have made the trip, we would have found the money somewhere...

I've been thinking a lot about my phobia which has become full blown over the last five years. I've flown many times in my life but the last time was so traumatic I don't know if I'll ever do it again. I was miserable the whole flight and my vacation was basically ruined because I couldn't get over the fact that we had to fly back home. I was obsessed by it. I don't know, maybe once I conquer the weight issue, I'll revisit the "flying" issue. Like Scarlett, I'll think about that tomorrow. Right now I can't even consider trying to get over it. Oddly enough, I don't worry (much) when my family flys...I just tell them "don't fly with me".
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I lied and I lied BIG! In my defense, I didn't know it was a lie when I said it. I am a big fat anxious mess. I am totally freaking over my girl flying off this morning. I hope she doesn't call me from the airport because I will embarrass myself. I know she will be fine. I know this. There is a voice in my head that I won't listen to, because it's not reasonable. I know this. I am going to have to take a xanax for the first time in months to be okay at work. Dang it! I'm a head case. This is my phobia, rearing its ugly head. I know this. I'm a reasonable person. I feel like wringing my hands. I wish I could laugh at myself, right now, but I fear a bubble of hysteria would escape. I'm a reasonable person.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Blonde I'm sorry. I wish I could hug you.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay, I lied and I lied BIG! In my defense, I didn't know it was a lie when I said it. I am a big fat anxious mess. I am totally freaking over my girl flying off this morning. I hope she doesn't call me from the airport because I will embarrass myself. I know she will be fine. I know this. There is a voice in my head that I won't listen to, because it's not reasonable. I know this. I am going to have to take a xanax for the first time in months to be okay at work. Dang it! I'm a head case. This is my phobia, rearing its ugly head. I know this. I'm a reasonable person. I feel like wringing my hands. I wish I could laugh at myself, right now, but I fear a bubble of hysteria would escape. I'm a reasonable person.
Blonde so excited for your daughter but so sad to hear about how you are feeling. My MIL is terrified of flying as well along with not using elevators and some other things. I will be in prayer about your daughter's flight and for you as well. Of course you are a reasonable person and no one would think otherwise. Try to relax and if taking something helps do so. Thinking of you.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, congratulations on the pending engagement of your daughter! What wonderful news!!

Regarding flight phobia, the good news is that it's a highly treatable situation. And it doesn't have to be a pharm-solution, either! There are lots of good people out there who treat these issues all the time, and I know you can have success. Maybe a good self-help book might be a place to start. I'll see what I can dig up.

In the meantime, I hope you are feeling better!!! Have you heard from DD?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checking in on you. I hope all is well. Take care and have a good weekend!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie, Dawn, Christine, thank you so much ladies, I'm okay...just had a meltdown and stayed off the computer. I may have been a little more than embarrassed by my post. I appreciate your prayers and good wishes more than I can say.

DD is so HAPPY and girls? That boy gave her a rock!!! She's having an amazing time in Waikiki beach, next week Oahu. She has called me every day since she got there. They fly home on the 27th, when I'll have another meltdown.... The day of my other meltdown I went to work and finally got it off my mind after an hour of serving...sheesh.

In spite of the drama I trudge on...up, down, up down..Up today! It's beautiful here in SoCal, I think we should BBQ something, don't you? My down days have become old hat and completely manageable with added low cal veggies (cabbage, carrots) in the form of cole slaw or sauteed cabbage.

Christine...if a book could fix the flying phobia, I will read it. Let me know if you find something. I'm too phobic to search for a solution. I've always thought fear of flying was cured by flying....definitely a catch 22.