Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey sweet thang and everybody,

I'm still around. Just went through a week of crap with my band. Hadn't had a fill in well over a year and then had a fill Monday that left me with reflux all night long. Got some saline taken out and STILL had reflux and puking when I ate. Got the rest of the extra saline out on Thursday and finally was able to eat and sleep again. And BOY did I eat yesterday. High cal, high carb. And my reward was 3.4 extra pounds this morning!!!!! Gooooooooooooooooooooo Laura!!!

I am going to read through and catch up on all the happenings.

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yum that pizza looks good I think I'm goin for it this weekend! Thanks!

I agree with Dawn, best excuse EVER! We can't have you running around with green hair now can we?
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Laura you poor girl!! How awful for you. I hope you've (they've) got it all under control now. I hate to throw up more than anything else I can think of at the moment. In fact I don't think I've thrown up one time since I got my gallbladder out years and years ago! You know that 3. 5 pounds was water retention right?

I'm glad your back. We'll all getter done together!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Yum that pizza looks good I think I'm goin for it this weekend! Thanks!

I agree with Dawn, best excuse EVER! We can't have you running around with green hair now can we?
Well certainly not with St Patrick's day done and over!

Speaking of hair...my blow dryer bit the dust this morning at the most inappropriate time,...like before I could use. So I ran some errands, didn't take back the router yet, and the certified letter that I had to pick up at the post office was my address but had my neighbors name on the envelope. Sheesh. I took it to her, anyway.

I just had a lovely bowl of shiritaki noodles and a sauce that tasted quite a bit like hot n sour soup. Add broccoli slaw. It's not that I love broccoli slaw, but it helps to "mask" the texture of the noodles. BTW~ tofu shiritaki are not near as rubbery as the miracle noodles. I know the veggies are good for me, but I do sometimes feel like I'm eating Franken-food (you know, created in the lab?) It is filling and that's what I need at times. I'm going to attempt to have a MD this weekend instead of a down day on Sunday. I still havn't used my spirooli (vegetable spirals maker) but I have some light alfredo sauce and I'm going to make it tomorrow with baked chicken and zucchini noodles. Sound good?

Dumb question...can one purchase boneless skinless chicken thighs?
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good question. I believe the answer is yes. I recall seeing them at the market (I buy my meats at the farmers market, so they have lots of different stuff). Not sure about the grocery store!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well~today was weigh-n day. If you'll recall, my last weigh-in was the penultimate week of Feb. For those non-musicians, that means 2nd to the last. I have a report, I'm gonna make it big, okay? So ready? Drumroll.......

5 lbs down in March for a total of 25 lbs gone away!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that I've posted my big loss all over LC Friends in case someone missed it, I'm going to remind myself of a few things.

Slow and easy is good. It works.

Watching carbs is good, it works.

JUDDD is good for me. It works. I love it.

Exercise would make me feel better and possibly give me faster results. It works. Do it!

Connecting with friends here for support and advice is sooo good! It works.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Congratultions Blonde on the 5 lb. loss !!!!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Well~today was weigh-n day. If you'll recall, my last weigh-in was the penultimate week of Feb. For those non-musicians, that means 2nd to the last. I have a report, I'm gonna make it big, okay? So ready? Drumroll.......

5 lbs down in March for a total of 25 lbs gone away!!!

Quote:

Connecting with friends here for support and advice is sooo good! It works.[/I][/B]
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
you are singin the right song, gf! i am thrilled for you that your most excellent behaviors are leading to desired results. 25 pounds is awesome!!!!! congratulations!!!!!

one thing you didn't mention is persistence. i "hear" determination to persist in your posts. it feels like you are in a mind place where persistence is more important than any urge to eat, stress, life happenings or setbacks along the way. i admire that!

about your husband not noticing you asleep.

Now, go swimming...because you know you want to

JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! What great news, Blonde!!! You are my hero!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just another manic Monday.....

Thank you all for the good wishes!! We lost power here for awhile and I couldn't get online, then we got busy (no not that), and I didn't have time to reply.

Yes, I'm stoked and yes, persistence is a key factor. Lack of persistence is why, I think, that I kept doing the yoyo thing last year...because I wouldn't stay focused...before that I had just given up completely, nothing ventured, nothing gained? Don't I wish! Giving up is a bad idea. I was thinking about Dawn this morning and even though she has remained the same weight for a long while, it should be said the she has "maintained" her weight and that is an awesome thing! Not re-gained, but maintained. I think that I may at some point plateau as well and I have to be ready to accept it as it is, and figure out what I need to do to break through it. I'm not looking forward to that....

Today is an UD, yippee! I finished yesterday not quite down but not quite medium, either. I'm thinking I had about 650 calories instead of under 500. It was good. Chicken-330, LC Bread 85, cheese slice 70, salad w/fixins (125?) Tea, water, tea, water, tea....etc.

I have work today, which is good. Work=exercise. It's over cast this morning and I'm sneezing my head off (allergies). I hope I can get it under control before I have to go.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just another manic Monday.....

Thank you all for the good wishes!! We lost power here for awhile and I couldn't get online, then we got busy (no not that), and I didn't have time to reply.

Yes, I'm stoked and yes, persistence is a key factor. Lack of persistence is why, I think, that I kept doing the yoyo thing last year...because I wouldn't stay focused...before that I had just given up completely, nothing ventured, nothing gained? Don't I wish! Giving up is a bad idea. I was thinking about Dawn this morning and even though she has remained the same weight for a long while, it should be said the she has "maintained" her weight and that is an awesome thing! Not re-gained, but maintained. I think that I may at some point plateau as well and I have to be ready to accept it as it is, and figure out what I need to do to break through it. I'm not looking forward to that....

Today is an UD, yippee! I finished yesterday not quite down but not quite medium, either. I'm thinking I had about 650 calories instead of under 500. It was good. Chicken-330, LC Bread 85, cheese slice 70, salad w/fixins (125?) Tea, water, tea, water, tea....etc.

I have work today, which is good. Work=exercise. It's over cast this morning and I'm sneezing my head off (allergies). I hope I can get it under control before I have to go.
Oh I am the "Princess", not Queen of maintaining! I have that figured out lol. It is the weight loss that I don't have figured out yet.

What are you taking for your allergies?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Oh I am the "Princess", not Queen of maintaining! I have that figured out lol. It is the weight loss that I don't have figured out yet.

What are you taking for your allergies?
Dawn, when you look at the rebound rate for LC'rs, I'd say maintaining your loss is an amazing accomplishment! Queen, Princess, Duchess...you're it!

OTC- Claritin generic works well if I take it everyday during the season...benadryl for instant and sleepy relief.

Good new this morning (nice to hear something good)...California is officially out of it's drought! This was exciting to hear. The world news lately has been so bad...Japan, Libya, war and rumors of war (biblical, ain't it?). Congress can't pass a budget...I day-dream about a time when one was isolated from all the tragedies of the world by distance and lack of communication.

Down day, work day and walk day! I have a walking date after work with a young friend. Daylight savings time once again allows us to meet at 5:30 for a pre-dinner walk and talk. She's a lovely person that moved on to a great 40 hour per week career last year after graduating from college. One of those people that are a pleasure to be around. Hopelessly romantic and wonderfully optimistic! I can hardly wait!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dawn, when you look at the rebound rate for LC'rs, I'd say maintaining your loss is an amazing accomplishment! Queen, Princess, Duchess...you're it!

OTC- Claritin generic works well if I take it everyday during the season...benadryl for instant and sleepy relief. Unfortunately with allergies the key is to take it everyday and counter it before it starts. If you are anything like me you wait too long to start the meds and then it takes forever to get things moving. I switched to Zyrtec a few years ago because Claritin stopped working. I did using Clarinex for a summer, that is the prescription strength of Claritin. My friend was a drug rep and would give me samples. I did like it that summer but went back last year to Zyrtec because he no longer works for them.

Good new this morning (nice to hear something good)...California is officially out of it's drought! This was exciting to hear. The world news lately has been so bad...Japan, Libya, war and rumors of war (biblical, ain't it?). Congress can't pass a budget...I day-dream about a time when one was isolated from all the tragedies of the world by distance and lack of communication. So very true! Ignorance is bliss.

Down day, work day and walk day! I have a walking date after work with a young friend. Daylight savings time once again allows us to meet at 5:30 for a pre-dinner walk and talk. She's a lovely person that moved on to a great 40 hour per week career last year after graduating from college. One of those people that are a pleasure to be around. Hopelessly romantic and wonderfully optimistic! I can hardly wait! That sounds awesome!!! Lucky you to have someone to do that with.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hugs to you too Dawn!

I saw a glucomannan recipe for hot "cereal" that looked so good I made it for me this morning (on top of eggbeaters, too).

My Version- Hot breakfast

1/2 unsweetened almond milk
1/2 water
1tsp glu powder
splenda /stevia
maple flavoring
butter flavoring
cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a non-stick pan, whisk and heat to a bubbly thickness, sprinkle w/ more cinnamon, pour and eat. Yummy. A lot like cream of wheat and guess how many calories? 17ish. Carbs? .5 for the almond milk, minus .5 in fiber= net zero. Glucomannan has zero calories and carbs = fiber. Net- 0. This is going to be my go to breakfast, along with eggbeaters on my DD's. Eggbeaters are for protein.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-29-2011 at 08:07 AM..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Borrowed this from the Gluten Free Goddess, changed it a tiny bit for low carb. She uses it on crisply steamed asparagus. Yum

2 tablespoons sesame tahini or smooth peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sf maple syrup
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Hot water, as needed

Read more: Asparagus with Maple Tahini Dressing
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

You are becoming a LC cooking guru!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
You are becoming a LC cooking guru!
Hey, I don't know about that....I've definitely become an LC eating guru. In fact, this mornings DD "glu" recipe of the day is this:

1cup French onion soup (30)
2tbsp wheat free soy sauce (15)
1/2 cup water
1 pkg tofu shiritaki noodles (40)
red pepper flakes
1/2 pkg sf ornange drink powder (made for bottled water) (5)
stevia
2 tsp glucomannan powder
broccoli slaw (5)

Combine liquids and glu powder, whisk and cook until hot, add remaining ingredients...boil gently for three or four minutes. Divide recipe in half (half now, half later). Pretty darn good. Sweet and savory. The consistency is like chinese food in a sauce made w/cornstarch. Aprox 45-50 cals per serving. Very filling! I like mine spicy so the red pepper flakes make it really good
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friday!

Up day for me today! Yesterday was tough but I made it. I couldn't stop thinking about food. I ate miracle noodles and vegetables and had a chocloate "pudding" made with almond milk and glu powder. I portioned my dinner salad and had half for lunch and half at dinner. Some days this alternate calorie thing is sooo hard but by 3 or 4:00 I'm just stubborn enough to not give in. After being hungry all day, I'll be darned if I eat too many calories and have to start over the next day. I guess it's good to be stubborn.

While the glu powder is good and filling it does not have a "stick to the ribs" quality, in fact I believe that it should be used with real food and not as a food replacement. I say this because it just doesn't keep me full if I don't have some kind of protein with it.

I've had three days of running hot food on heavy trays and two extra walks so far this week! I feel like the fat is melting off of me. I know this isn't factual, it just feels that way. I think it's that feeling that keeps me focused and on track. I plan on making Saturday a medium day (950-1000).

On a high note, a local Albertsons is now carrying my fav low carb bread in the deli dept. and I no longer have to drive 20 mi round trip to get it!! Yay!

Interesting how many times a day I battle myself for control of me.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-01-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Old 04-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you for not giving in, Blonde! It's definitely a mind over matter thing, and you seem to have mastered the art of it. It's a battle, and you are WINNING!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

"Interesting how many times a day I battle myself for control of me."

yes, YOU are winning! kinda sucks that it's so dayum hard tho, doncha think?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just spent 10 minutes replying and lost the whole thing. BAH!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

good thing i'm psychic!

i have so many chores to do...and i'm going for a bike ride instead. hooray!!!

so, you can just send your message along...i'll get it
Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BOOOOO to chores, HURRAY!!! for bike rides.

I was just saying earlier that I went out to breakfast after having gone to bed "hungry" and only ate half. I stopped because I was full. I have learned that going to bed hungry won't kill me. That a great meal is only a day away. That I love the JUDDD woe, it is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm happy and in control.

We're going to a bar this afternoon to listen to some friends who have a Blues band. I love blues! It's the only way to get me into a bar. To listen to good music, or make some good music.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

YOU are on a roll, lady!!! I LOVE the confidence in your "voice".
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
BOOOOO to chores, HURRAY!!! for bike rides.

I was just saying earlier that I went out to breakfast after having gone to bed "hungry" and only ate half. I stopped because I was full. I have learned that going to bed hungry won't kill me. That a great meal is only a day away. That I love the JUDDD woe, it is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm happy and in control.

We're going to a bar this afternoon to listen to some friends who have a Blues band. I love blues! It's the only way to get me into a bar. To listen to good music, or make some good music.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD, Monday, work day...

My menu for the day is this:

Coffee, Eggbeaters/slice LC toast~ off to work. 150

After work~ sautee'd cabbage w/soy sauce, a nice bowl full! (30)

Dinner~ chicken breast and romaine salad w/ walden farms bacon ranch & salsa.
(240)
Snack~ chocolate glu pudding ~if I need it. (25)

I like to work on my DD, it takes the pressure off and gets me away from the fridge.

Didn't make it to the bar, stayed home and watched Avatar. What a beautiful movie, too bad it was so violent. We watched it on blue ray, so vivid and breathtaking~ then the whole war/guns/bombs/screams. Yuck.

When did action films lose their appeal? It's got to be my age catching up with me. So that's what we return to? Disney movies at 55? I was once the first in line for the latest horror movie. Not anymore. Zombies? Forget about it. Even sci-fi has lost it's luster. It has occurred to me that all this fighting for turf on other planets is nothing more than smokescreen for what's going on in the real world. Duh, you say? Yeah, well it's taken me awhile to figure this stuff out...once my Pollyanna glasses came off. With all that is happening now, just give me some romance, some hero worship, some extra butter on my popcorn.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

disney-like movies with grandchildren when they get old enough are way fun...just sayin
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
disney-like movies with grandchildren when they get old enough are way fun...just sayin

True! I watched all the new Disney movies with my children and was always delighted by them...I find the older I get the less I'm interested in "reality" movies and programming.