Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
You've got a pretty awesome hubbs!! I think medium days would be good for you!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Me too. Good luck on you online class today! Hope you finish!!!

Todays delicious treat!

NO-BAKE PB cheesecake

16 oz neufchatel cheese
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
tbsp vanilla flavoring
1 cup bulk splenda
1 envelope gelatin powder
1/4 cup cold water
3/4 cup boiling water

Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of cold water, let it bloom for a bout 1 minute, add 3/4 cup of boiling water and dissolve completely.

Blend together first four ingredients in a mixing bowl until just combined, slowly pour in hot gelatin and mix on high until well blended. If you don't use a large mixing bowl you may have a big splattery mess (I know this from today's experience).

I crushed up some almonds and put them in mini muffin cups in a mini muffin pan. Pour the batter over the almonds just to the top of the little muffin cups. These will make "bites". I put the leftover batter in three custard cups~ everything went into the fridge. I realize now that this would work very well in regular size muffin cups. The recipe was "adapted" from George Stella's Real Food Real Easy cook book. He uses natural peanut butter, full fat cream cheese and chopped peanuts for the crust.

This is very tasty!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-16-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Those "bites" would be gone in about ONE BITE in my house!!!! They sound DELICIOUS!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Those sound YUMMO. Where do I find neufchatel cheese, I've never heard of that!

How many carbs, ya think?

*where's my drooling smiley*........
Old 03-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Those sound YUMMO. Where do I find neufchatel cheese, I've never heard of that!

How many carbs, ya think?

*where's my drooling smiley*........

LOL! Are you sure your name isn't Dessert Gurl??

Neufchatel is found with the cream cheese, in a block just like cream cheese. It has less fat but not much more in the carb dept. George Stella uses regular cream cheese so I'm sure that would work very well. The carb count can't be that high.

Did I mention to let the cream cheese sit out of the fridge for 30 minutes or so before mixing?

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-16-2011 at 03:54 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Those "bites" would be gone in about ONE BITE in my house!!!! They sound DELICIOUS!
OMG, they are sooo good. I just got home from work and popped one in my mouth! Now where's my "drooling smiley? Highly recommended and really easy to do!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya think I could use Truvia and it would be ok??? I cannot stomach Spenda..

And yes, in all honesty, I could very well be deSSert gurl.. LOVE me some good desserts!!!!!!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 03-16-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sign me up for the dessert club! Desserts in the desert, even!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Sweet-Tooth-ettes!!

Yes it's 3:30 am on the west coast....Hubs has to leave an hour early today so I'm up but not quite at-em this morning. I drank a bottle of wine without any help last night...It was over the course of three hours but I own it, I did it, and I will pay today in hunger pains. I think I've been worried about nuclear fall out.

I discovered that tough ol' cubesteak is amazing in the crockpot!! I browned it and sliced up an onion into the pan, after the onion softened up I put it in my crockpot with an envelope of Lipton onion soup mix and water. No salt! I let it cook on low all day while I was at work. Very delicious! Fork tender. DH said it was the best thing I've served in a long time, and he likes my cooking!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amazing what that crockpot can do!!! Sounds delicious!

I can't believe you're up so early.....yikes!! Hope you have time for a nap! And drink lots of water and tea today to deal with those after-effects!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Christine! I will.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
i hope you get that nap today! i'm doing a bit of a restart and had to skim and skip your post about those yummy bites yesterday do you plan your crockpot deliciousness to have leftovers? your dh is a lucky guy!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
i hope you get that nap today! i'm doing a bit of a restart and had to skim and skip your post about those yummy bites yesterday do you plan your crockpot deliciousness to have leftovers? your dh is a lucky guy!

I just got up for the second time today! It's 8:30 am now. Regarding leftovers, this has been a real problem with me lately. My two youngest are finally out of the house, they're both still single (26) and for the last month I have wasted food. I was still buying too much and cooking too much, etc. The ONE time I wish I had made too much was yesterday! But alas...just enough for two for dinner. Next time, though I'm planning enough for lunch the next day! This stuff would have been so good over cauliflower faux-tatoes! I never knew cube steak could be so good.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Wine..hmmmm. I am not a wino at all, my sister tho loves the stuff and doesn't understand how I "cannot". My MIL too. Hopefully you're not hungover today? Altho, today would be a good day to be *tipsy* with St. Paddy's day and all!

Your dinner sounds YUMMM. I love anything in the crockpot. I always feel like a master chef when I use that thing! I mean, how do you ever mess up anything in a crockpot, right? I told my son when he moves out I'm buying him a crockpot so at least I know he won't starve to death or subsist on fast-food and get fat! LOL

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle! Whino???? Why, I resemble that remark!

Posting my DD menu:

B: Southwestern eggbeaters and steamed broccoli slaw (75)

Coffee with Almond milk (17)

L: Miracle noodles (0)
Glu Gravy (10)
broccoli slaw (15)
Coke Zero (0)

D: Chicken (210)
Romaine (20)
WF dressing/salsa (15)

Assorted teas and water to fill in the hungries. Good thing DH and I don't make a big deal out of St Pattys Day or I could feel deprived. Did I mention all those "bites" I made yesterday must remain "unbitten" today.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brown sugar substitute for recipes

Just a quick note to myself:

1 cup artificial sweetener*
1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup

Mix ingredients well.

Replaces 1 cup of regular brown sugar to be used when baking.

*Use the type of sweetener that measures 1 cup to 1 cup of granulated sugar.

I think this might be really good if used for my mini "bites" recipe instead of plain Splenda and then substitute maple flavoring for vanilla.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-17-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went online and bought a couple of books by Dana Carpendar. One is for slow cookers, the other is for low carb cooking with calories in mind as well. Exciting!

I made my lunch and it wasn't too bad. Lots of Mrs Dash and a little orange drink flavoring, and a splash of vinegar it was sort of like a hot and sour orange sauce with miracle noodles and broccoli. I can't decide if I want to continue to mail order the noodles that are zero calorie or just purchase the ones in the store for 40 calories.....40 calories is not that much, and definitely more convenient. The glucomannan powder is going to be a staple and will replace guar and xanthan gum as a thickener. I am incredibly bored today, I need to stay busy, darn it but I keep coming back to the computer and doing research, and buying new cook books.....this could be dangerous to my pocket book!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Danielle! Whino???? Why, I resemble that remark!

:
Well I dunno..I just remember my mom calling people that when I was little!

2 of my sisters, my best friends, my MIL, everyone drinks wine. I guess that's why DH and I can justify our movie habit because we don't drink or do much else. If I was rich I'd build a movie theater in my house!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #289
Blabbermouth!!!

I had bought a couple Dana books awhile back, in fact I think it was that slow cooker one..but we downsized our living space and some of my stuff had to go..(I have TONS of books). Wonder if she's on kindle? Hhmmmmmmm.
I also saw a few of her books in a bargain bin at our Borders stores that are closing...my head is thinking....(it's dangerous when it does this! ) ...would love to keep myself out of boredom with food cause thats my slippery slope with going off plan.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love Dana's books! Mine are in storage right now because we're getting ready to move, but I can't wait to break them out again and start reminding myself of all of the great things I can make!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Lovelies! First off~ I made it through my DD! Woo Hoo! I don't know why I'm always so surprised. I only ate half of my lunch. I was getting to feel a little desperate, then My Youngest Daughter stopped by and occupied my time for a couple of hours. Wonderful distraction!

Quote:
Well I dunno..I just remember my mom calling people that when I was little!

2 of my sisters, my best friends, my MIL, everyone drinks wine. I guess that's why DH and I can justify our movie habit because we don't drink or do much else. If I was rich I'd build a movie theater in my house!
No worries, Danielle! To be honest, I know my own mother thought that all wino's were on skid row and drank gallons of Thunderbird...I love a nice Cabernet and can't tolerate hard liquor well at all...though I have been known to have a celebratory Marguerita on special lunches with GF's.

In-home movie theaters are becoming quite easy to do with the beautiful new Theater "chairs" and the declining cost of Mondo TV's! I hope you get yours soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Love Dana's books! Mine are in storage right now because we're getting ready to move, but I can't wait to break them out again and start reminding myself of all of the great things I can make!
I love Dana's books as well. I have her 1001 Low Carb recipes, and I believe her newest one will help with the carb/calorie conundrum that I have been facing. I know low carb is the way for me, especially in view of my age and my blood glucose at my last lab visit. It was 105 which is relatively low but considered pre-diabetes. I wasn't eating LC at the time but I am now! My resting heart rate, after almost three months on JUDDD, went from 99 (top of the normal scale) to 74 beats per minute. I know this is from working at the restaurant and losing weight. I find that thrilling.

One of the things I've done differently from past LC'ing is to lower my fat intake. I buy light sour cream, reduced fat cheeses including cream cheese (not non-fat), fat free half-n-half and of course I'm using eggbeaters, more for the calorie reduction, not so much worried about cholesterol when I have my DD breakfasts. I still use olive oil and spreadable butter w/canola when I'm on an UD. I also try to get in a handful of walnuts or almonds on my UD. Of course chicken is my down day staple, but I opt for richer cuts of meat when I don't have to worry about calories as much. Another thing I'm doing differently is utilizing lower carb and ultra low carb bread. Being able to have some bread on my UD is really helping me to leave the bad stuff (pizza, biscuits) alone. These things are all working for me currently and I'm very pleased with the way I feel. Now if I can just stay off the scale for another week or so.....
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah I pretty much chucked the 1001 recipe book of hers. Figured I was lucky at the time to have bought it on employee discount when I worked at Borders.

Thats so funny...the word wino's......thinking about when my son asked about *hobos*...I was like wha???? I hadn't ever heard that word before! OMG I'm sitting here just giggling about this stuff and my husband is looking at me like I have lost it. He just asked me if I slipped something into my coffee!

Blonde, you have done amazing things for your body!!!! Yanno, I've tried to buy lower fat stuff and I just can't get around the taste. I think I traumatized myself from childhood thru my last foray into lowfat land. I seriously do NOT know how I EVER lost 85 lbs doing a lowfat/lowcalorie plan! I just dont! I look at pictures and it blows my mind cause I can't choke that stuff down now. again, spoiled by Atkins..
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD today. Sticking with my regular DD menu: eggs, noodles, chicken salad. Drinking lots of water this morning...I feel puffy. Sitting here at the computer without shoes or socks...my feet are officially freezing. I wonder if DH would mind if I crawl back in bed and put my feet on him....?
Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
DD today. Sticking with my regular DD menu: eggs, noodles, chicken salad. Drinking lots of water this morning...I feel puffy. Sitting here at the computer without shoes or socks...my feet are officially freezing. I wonder if DH would mind if I crawl back in bed and put my feet on him....?
Go for it!!!

Princessdmw33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi honey buns! Oh, sorry! WAY high carb, huh? How about this - hi chicken thigh! Sounds worse! LOL!

Just checking back in here and looking at all your recipes. You have been busy, busy, busy!

I'd love to know how you like that Dana Carpender book that focuses on calories, too. I've found I do well and feel great on low carb but I have to watch my calories. Sad but true.

Oh and yes - go put your cold feet on your husband. Then help pull him off the ceiling! My husband and and I are always doing that to each other. My feet are freezing right now too! But my husband has run off to a car show so I guess I better go find some socks.

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
hey Blonde. I hope you are starting out on a wonderful day! i thought of you last weekend when we took the little grandsons to the oakland zoo. lovely.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I do this He's like my own personal heater. LOL When I get cold I just curl up behind him and voila, toasty! The man radiates heat when he's sleeping it's so nice!

Oh don't even talk to me about puffy sister! Next time I'm just taping my mouth shut when we go out!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn!! I love it! Where on earth do you find these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi honey buns! Oh, sorry! WAY high carb, huh? How about this - hi chicken thigh! Sounds worse! LOL!

Just checking back in here and looking at all your recipes. You have been busy, busy, busy!

I'd love to know how you like that Dana Carpender book that focuses on calories, too. I've found I do well and feel great on low carb but I have to watch my calories. Sad but true.

Oh and yes - go put your cold feet on your husband. Then help pull him off the ceiling! My husband and and I are always doing that to each other. My feet are freezing right now too! But my husband has run off to a car show so I guess I better go find some socks.

Laura
Yes, I did go back to bed...the loveliness of having grown children. It only partially makes up for empty nest syndrome. Yes, I have to watch calories. Even if I didn't think so, I have proof that this is true. The alternate calorie woe is working great but not really if I try to do too many carbs. I'll report on the new books for sure. Glad you're back Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
hey Blonde. I hope you are starting out on a wonderful day! i thought of you last weekend when we took the little grandsons to the oakland zoo. lovely.
Thanks Jan. It was wonderful to grab a few more zzzzzzz's. Don't you just LOVE the Zoo?

Quote:
I do this He's like my own personal heater. LOL When I get cold I just curl up behind him and voila, toasty! The man radiates heat when he's sleeping it's so nice!

Oh don't even talk to me about puffy sister! Next time I'm just taping my mouth shut when we go out!
To be perfectly honest, I didn't try to put my feet on him...he would have been very unhappy, but the bed was warm and it didn't take more than a minute or two to drift away. I've now had a bunch of water and two BIG cups of coffee...I better not get far from my bathroom today. I'm looking online for the best price on a wireless router. When my son moved out last month he took his Netgear router with him. Boo.

No breakfast yet, I'm contemplating what to eat...so I'll wait until I'm very hungry, then anything I decide on will taste amazing, right? Nothin' beats hungry for food appreciation!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Successful down day yesterday! Thank goodness it's over for a day. I'm having coffee my way and contemplating breakfast. I want to carefully watch my carbs today, this week really...my weigh-in day approach-eth fast and I would be so pleased to have lost 4 lbs as in previous months! We'll see. Even if it's only 2lbs or 1lb it's still in the right direction....downward.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Your attitude about your new lifestyle is wonderful. I really appreciate all your sharing as it makes me believe that I will one day get there. 4 pounds in a month is a big switch from wanting to lose 4 pounds in a week, huh? Your mindset has been incredible, you have much to be proud of!