Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joyful111
Joyful's Journal

I have never done this before so I am a little nervous. Mostly because I can't imagine I have anything very interesting to say, but I don't suppose anyone will be forced to read it.

I have about 30-35lbs to lose. But my primary focus is on my health and getting fit. To that end, I am trying to manage my stress levels better and I am working out regularly. Or at least I have been for the last two weeks. I hope to continue and make it a habit.

I bought the new Atkins book and found it to be an interesting read. I lost 50lbs on the 2002 version. It magically fell off. What I didn't know was that I had celiac disease and so at some point I added a little bit of gluten back in and my body went crazy. I was gaining weight like I was on steroids in spite of not overeating. It was a long hard road before I found out what was causing all of my symptoms and by that time I was 88lbs up! 88lbs up and malnourished so weight loss had to take a back seat for a while.

Since then I have tried lots of weight loss programs. You name it and I have probably tried it! But what I have found is that I am happiest and feel best on Atkins so I plan on staying on it even if the weight doesn't magically fall off like before. I am at a point now where I can live with it. It isn't my ideal weight, but I no longer ache all of the time and my poor feet don't scream at me about the abuse any longer.

So my plan is to stick to Atkins, do my cardio and barre workouts and see what happens.
Joyful111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

When I restarted Atkins on Sunday I was at 161.6 and this morning the scale said 158.8. I am pretty happy with that. I am trying not to focus so much on scale weight though because I tend to get frustrated and give up. I am trying to get myself into the head space of eating healthy and exercising and letting my body release the weight as it sees fit.

Today my workouts were Leslie Sansone's 2 miles of Intervals and Barre3. I really love the Barre3 workout. My core has been getting so much stronger since I started doing it.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I feel so much better now that I am back on Atkins. I need to keep that uppermost in my mind. Sometimes I find myself having really ridiculous weight loss expectations. Even the first time I did Atkins, and the weight was melting off of me, I would sometimes not lose for a week or two and then have a huge whoosh. And yet I still lost 50lbs in 6 months. So I am working on getting back into the mind frame of just working the program and letting the program work.

No work out yesterday. I listened to my body which was basically saying, "Nope. Not going to to do it.".:blush: My hormones are slightly off and as a result I tend to not have as much energy at this part of my cycle as I do later on. Today is a scheduled rest day and I think I will still take it. I need to put some energy into cleaning my house and wrapping some gifts. Although honestly, I would rather work out than do either of those things. I am a terrible wrapper. I should ask my daughter to do it. She always makes things look so artistic and lovely.

158.6 today. Yay! And I actually started on Monday not Sunday. I have a terrible memory and if my notes aren't right in front of me I will often think I am remembering correctly when alas it isn't the case. I will have to be more careful to check while writing on here since we can't edit later.