Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Unhealthy/Healthier/Healthy
WOE: 90% Low Carb/10% Other depending on my day & mood!
Start Date: Monday
~*~*To ONEDERland & Beyond~*~*

My name is Maggie and I decided to start this journal to help myself stay accountable first and foremost to myself as well as write my thoughts down without being on all types of threads. I seem to get overwelmed with some and only belong to only one where we have become pretty good friends so that is working for me.

For the most part I have been staying on low carbs and have some slip ups but I know that it will happen in this journey. My food plan usually is boring, nothing to really talk about except that in this journal I will from time to time post my menu and I will post weight lost or gainned(don't want to think about the gainning part). I don't make fancy recipes and try to keep it simple. I am not a cook or a baker, but it works for me. At the moment I am staying away from making LC goodies because I have a hard time handling them, so for now I will probably have something on Thanksgiving that is LC sweet.

I have been LCing for the most part since 2008 off and on. I do feel good on lower carbs and when I eat higher carb foods I just have brain fog and really feel crappy on them. Sweet stuff is definitely a problem for me and lcing has helped alot with it. I admit I used to eat quite a bit of candy, sweet breads,etcc... My problem isn't rice or pasta but BREADED foods. I would eat bread with butter like it was coming out of my ears. Confession time Hubby and I went to a church where they gave out bread to all the visitors and I couldn't wait to open up the bag and dive into it. I did dive into it on the way home had crumbs all over me and had to shake them off when I got out of the car. I have come along way since then, the temptation to behave like that for the most part is quieted.

I decided to not always weigh in every week on the thread that I am on. I was getting kind of burnt out on the whole "I lost X and X amount of weight as well as "oh heck I gainned and I am a bad person." I know that I am not a bad person but a person who needs to have a healthy relationship with food. I would to one day have that. I know for many weighing every week helps to keep them on track but I have found for ME it gets somewhat discouraging because I get soooo many weight fluctuations and just telling myself "oh it's ok, it's just water and it will go down" doesn't work with me. I have a doctor's appt. on the 23rd and I will get my new current weight and go from there.TOM is hard for me as well and I can become quite anti-social on the threads so that is why I decided to start my own journal.

My goal for the most part is to become more aware of my body and find what works diet wise. I am sooo looking forward to one day reaching ONEDERland I will be LCing until Thanksgiving and after Thanksgiving I am giving HHCG a go and see if it helps me with weightloss and losing some inches. I am not looking for huge losses with it but I hope and pray it gives me the boost that I think I need. I have been reading up on it for about a month and have decided to go this route for a time.

I am glad I found LCF and glad for the people and their support. I want to continue losing weight and being better than I am today. I am taking this one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is Sunday and I will be going to church this morning with hubby and son. It has been awhile since DS has gone with us to church and I am really looking forward to him being there. I attend a small congregation here in my own city and really do enjoy the people who attend our church. I am up early this AM to get things ready and having my morning cup of Joe. Yummy! I probably will cut down on my coffee consumption when I start HCGing not because I have to but because I want to. I am going to try using more tea and have coffee like 3-4 days a week with some HWC in it. I am thinking about doing something like JUDD on the HCG. I think I will start my first round doing something like 3 days 500 cals and then 3 days 700 cals(with coffee & HWC) and then maybe like 600 cals 1 day as a moderate day. I am not sure how this will work for my body but I will give it a go and see how that works. I haven't completely decided to eliminate any one particular food group but maybe not have soo much of one of them, not sure, still on the fence about that.
So, I went to my SIL yesterday to help with some organizing and straightening up of her home, she has gone through a nasty divorce. My SIL has 3 children and one of them in a teenager now and can get quite lippy, you know teenagers can be? So anyhoo, she didn't handle his lippiness(I don't think I spelled this right or for that matter it may not be even a word ) very well and had a bad experience with him....afterwards he called his dad and needless to say Child Protective Services is all involved and they are paying her a visit. I think she was nervous about the house not looking up to par and needed some help making sure it was. My SIL is a hard working teacher with 3 children and works very hard to provide and her X is always out to get her when he was the one that caused the problem in their marriage in the first place. Well, we got the house the way she wanted it and I can only pray that all goes well for her situation. In kindness to hubby and I she made dinner. I am still trying to work around dinner at other peoples homes better. I am for the most part a private person and hate drawing attention to myself over eating matters. My SIL made breaded pork chops, peas, orzo(sort of a Greek pasta I think) and somekind of onion gravy she made. For the most part when I eat out or at others homes I stay away from desserts, bread, pasta, rice, occasionally fruit(I will eat fruit when there is nothing else and I feel I need something sweet) that sort of stuff. I did have lunch at my home and it was a salad so I did eat some dinner. I did have a pork chop and the breading had fallen off so I ate that a scoop of peas and a scoop of orzo and no gravy. I felt alright eating that and didn't have a dessert(even though she said she could go to Dairy Queen and get us all a small Blizzard). I had no bread because there wasn't any, thank God! I like when I can eat somewhere I know I have control over the situation. I know that I had rice but I also know I won't have it again for along time. I guess I am not totally LC all the time on every food item and I am not sure what that means for me. I do try to stay away from items of foods that cause me craving problems though. I know that if I had more than one scoop of rice I would be probably be craving more this morning. I also know it will probably show up on the scale today or the next few days that I had that to eat. I am not so sure how I feel about it all. I know that LCing has allowed me to understand myself better and watch out for foods that cause me problems and that I am grateful for. I am on plan today, what does that mean for me, on plan? It means that I will be conscious of my carbs being below 20 or less and sticking with mostly meat, eggs, some cheese etc.... Yesterday was yesterday so I will leave it there and go on.
Hubby and I were just talking about how much we have changed with our foods. Boy, there was a time we had pizza or hamburgers from a fast food joint until it was coming out of our ears. LCing has quieted the hungry monster in me more. I do know that if I eat off plan that probably my body wouldn't necessarily be in Ketosis, I accept that. I know that I should stay in Ketosis to have better results and that would be GREAT! IDK, I just take it one day, one meal and 1 pound at a time. I guess I should have more of a determined attitude and maybe that would be the ticket. I do want to reach ONDERland and know I will get there, maybe not as soon as some but soon!
So on with the day I will go on with it being aware of my food choices and doing what is best for me.

Car Pe Diem - I will Seize the Day!

Last edited by MagieDen; 11-14-2010 at 05:13 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Welcome to the world of journaling Maggie!!! The very best of everything on your plan!! please keep on posting and let us know how you are doing in our thread over at the HCG forums... I'll keep up with you here too!

Have a wonderful day!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Your plan sounds like one that will get you where you want to go! And boy, I remember the days of hamburgers and pizza right along with you!

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Welcome to the world of journaling Maggie!!! The very best of everything on your plan!! please keep on posting and let us know how you are doing in our thread over at the HCG forums... I'll keep up with you here too!

Have a wonderful day!..
Thanks for the visit Deb. I think I will enjoy this journaling stuff, it seems to be doing me good. I will definitely keep you posted on the HCG thread. I am looking forward to it!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
Your plan sounds like one that will get you where you want to go! And boy, I remember the days of hamburgers and pizza right along with you!

Jan
Hey Jan! Yea those pizza and burger days were bad. My family went out to lunch after church today and I had a salad. I feel sooo free not turnning to high carb foods and that feels wonderful, I just have to keep reminding myself why I do what I do. Thanks for visiting.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still not weighing in until me doc's appt. on the 23rd. I have the standard physical with a mamagram(I hate this!) This week will be just keeping carb levels to 20 or less, some cycling daily and just watching not eating stuff off plan.

Today I have some more donating to do to the Salvation Army before the holidays are upon me. I love to clear things out of my house, I don't care for clutter.

So, this is it for the day not too much to say but like journaling! I am however looking forward to Thanksgiving and starting HCG.

Car Pe Diem!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am nervous and excited about starting HCG on Thanksgiving. The 2 load days I am going to try not to use it as an excuse to really "pig out" on high carbs but just treat it as a day like any other day. Well, I really can't say that because at the moment I generally stay LC and pretty much low cal and Thanksgiving dinner will be much more than that. It just sounds weird to say to eat as much fatty foods as you want the 2 days but I understand why there is the need to. I am still on the fence about food selections so I need to really get a grip on what I will be doing, you know like fine tunning it. I really like reading the Rogue Protocol Thread, lots of interesting ideas and neat people. I am just looking forward to a nice meal on Thanksgiving with family and friends and then going to see Harry Potter that Friday. HMMMMM, I guess I could have some popcorn but the Omaha Plan allows popcorn so big whoop!Maybe I should have a gooey pretzel with some creamy cheese of course with a diet pepsi
I am still watching videos and reading as much as I can before I start this endeavor and I am preparing myself emotionally for the times when that darnned scale doesn't budge. I want to remain positive always in this journey and I know I will always have times when I second guess myself. For the most part my overall goal is to go into my 50th healtheir & fit. I want to be Fit & Fabulous by Fifty. I would like to wear a size 12-14 comfortably and exercise daily and just feel good about myself. I am really not looking to be super model skinny because like that would ever happen I like the way I felt in High School and College. I liked feeling my muscles in my calves and working out and riding my bike outdoors. I was always atheletic looking and weighed anywhere from 140-145. I wouldn't mind seeing that number again! So today food wise was good, I stayed pretty much under 15 carbs and din't eat anything out of the ordinary. I look forward to have another day tomorrow to get healthier but I better get a move on and lose some weight so I can look nice for Christmas in pictures. Hey, that should be my new goal!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No Longer Posting

Wanted to say Good Success to everyone on the LC Boards. Due to personal reasons I will no longer be posting on the LCF. I have some personal matters to attend to that are more important than posting on line. Thank you to my friends on the Christmas Board for all the wonderful support- Stacy, Danielle, Jan, Blonde, Linda and Christine I wish all of you the best.

Last edited by MagieDen; 11-17-2010 at 01:26 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Maggie, I will miss you, my friend. Please take care of yourself, and rejoin as you can. pm if you want to talk. Jan
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Maggie, sorry to hear that you have some heavy things on your heart that are hurting you and your not here...I hope that you check in and see this and know that your on my mind and I am sending you thoughts and prayers...Let me know if there is anything i can do to help...I understand you must take care of you and your family first and foremost and I hope things get better for you..Please somehow keep me posted and if possible IM me and we can talk as you have always been here for me...luv ya gal...take care
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will be back to posting on my journal the day after Thanksgiving. I will be posting about my journey to ONEDERland using HHCG.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
I will be back to posting on my journal the day after Thanksgiving. I will be posting about my journey to ONEDERland using HHCG.
That is wonderful Maggie, looking forward to seeing how you do!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

You GO, Maggie!!! ...I feel a wee bit sorry for any fat pounds hanging around on your body (not really!)...cause you are going after them with a vengence

Wishing you the best! Jan
Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Maggie, I just saw that you have a journal!!! Good luck at your doctor's appointment, and I look forward to hearing about your HCG Adventure! I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner....I totally missed the boat!! What else is new.....
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Warning!

To those reading my journal I should have said that it comes with a WARNING!!!! I have thought all day on Sunday and have decided to keep LCing until the New Year. I know that I haven't worked the LC plan hard enough to get myself going and losing on the scale. I have had half hearted attempts lately and have been self sabotoging myself and frankly I am tired of it. I decided to put off the hHCG plan until I can at least get down to the 190's before I try something new. The good thing is the HCG can last in the bottles for sometime. I hope to use it after the New Year. I know I have to dig deeper and believe in myself more and just follow the LC plan and stick to it. I will use the hHCG eventually and know that I will have success with it as well. I know I am wishy washy but know that I can work LCing harder than I have. Maybe I am just not ready to have the ups and downs that can come with dosing with HCG, not sure. I have to believe that I need to give LCing more of a chance and prove to myself that it can work for me. I will definitely try the hHCG next year. I feel good about the decision, so one to a LC day.

Have a good HCG or LC day!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great to see you here and listening to your body and seeing what works for you...Have a great week and a blessed Thanksgiving....Keep up the great work, I believe in you gf
Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It has been awhile since I last visited my journal, so I thought today would be a good day to just post about what I am going through presently on this weightloss journey. Journey, yea it is truly a jorney of the sorts. I think I did pretty well on my eating on Thanksgiving, I did have some things I normally do not consume throught my week. I did have a piece of bread, all the other things I ate were a spoonful. So let's see I had a spoonful of mashed potatoes,little gravy,cranberry sauce,green bean casserole,1 slice of turkey,salad,no sweet potatoes because there were none. The dessert is where I over did it. MIL makes a dessert called Cranberry Kutchen(sp?) I had about 4-5 pieces before the end of the night. I also had 1 glass of 4 0z wine and the rest was water. I had waited the whole day to eat and thought I didn't over indulge but it certainly was NOT low carb by any means. In the morning I went ahead and weighed myself and of course I was a couple of pounds but it didn't take me long to get the scale back down, which was good. I haven't felt guilty or bad as some would say for eating Thanksgiving dinner but I realized how much work I would have to do to continue to eat on plan with no eating off plan. I know I will ALWAYS have a challenge not eating grains such as bread and sweets and I know I have to fight really hard not to cave into the temptaions to overeat these particular foods.
I have eaten clean the past 2 days and I can truly say I AM PROUD of myself for sticking with it. I know it take 3 weeks to change our habits and I will continue to post how far I come on accomplishing 21 days of clean eating. I will post over again if I start over and continue to keep doing it until it prayfully can become a way of life for me. I am fully aware of my character defect and work daily on it.
So I went to the doctors and my BP was up. My doctor took my BP sometime later and it came down and we decided that I would try to watch my socium intake for 6 weeks and see how it goes. It is amazing how I am sooo aware of what has carbs in it but haven't been paying all that attention to sodium and the foods that have sodium in them. I do not salt my food because frankly I find most foods salty already. I told my doctor that I knew I have quite a bit of weight to lose and she noticed that my weight this year was better than last years and encouraged me to keep losing. I was told by her that sometimes as we age that of course things change, I will be 49 in January and I am getting up there. She told me that it is sometimes nothing that we are doing or eating but it is quite common as we age. I am now being more aware of sodium and am making an effort to lower my sodium intake on a daily bases. I ususally crave pickles and sunflower seeds and these 2 foods always bloat me when I eat them but I them. Before my doctors visit I had given them up because I knew this was what was causing me to retain water. I can manage my life with these foods eaten on rare occasions.
Feeling pretty good about myself today and working on getting in tune with myself more and seeing myself release some more weight. I am not truly too worried about how fast it happens so as long as it happens. I will be shouting from the roof tops when I see the 190's. I know that for sure. ONEDERland here I come!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

What a terrific attitude! I too can see those lower weights for you, and I like the way you are going after what you want! That's POWER, lady!

And, just for the record...I totally believe that you can and will do whatever it takes to get healthier...and that you do not have a character defect!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:02 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Foodwise today, will be the Incredible, Edible Egg along with some coffee & HWC. I am defineitly pmsing and have to be really careful because the Carb Monster wants to come out!

It is C1D3 for me on starting a 21 day habit of not eating foods on my plan. My plan is basically working on not eating and nibbling here and there and not giving any thought to what I am doing. I am an emotional & stress eater and I have to deal with this daily. I know there are others out there so my goes out to you.

I know some here on LCF can eat certain things and they are not a problem for them but for me it seems grains are my problem. I seem to not crave pasta, potatoes, or salty grains like chips etc. My problem is bread and sweet breads and desserts. For me(you see I said for me)just one bite of this can send me into a carb frenzy. I must say though that since returnning back to LC I do not binge on these items for days or anything. I sort like have to have it right now, eat and be done with it. So I am working on this not self sabotoging myself and think that this will be a challenge for me through this journey and maybe even into maintaining. IDK, I am just taking this thing one day at a time.

So I shall go forth in my day thanking God for friends and family and support! Have a good day!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy December my friend...So glad to have your friendship and support as you and i struggle with many of the same struggles on this journey and it is good to know that we are not alone and together with the support, guidance, wisdom, tips, we can help each other get through this battle and CONQUER IT...Have a great day...
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Happy December my friend...So glad to have your friendship and support as you and i struggle with many of the same struggles on this journey and it is good to know that we are not alone and together with the support, guidance, wisdom, tips, we can help each other get through this battle and CONQUER IT...Have a great day...
Stacy You are the best!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Foodwise today, will be the Incredible, Edible Egg along with some coffee & HWC. I am defineitly pmsing and have to be really careful because the Carb Monster wants to come out!

It is C1D3 for me on starting a 21 day habit of not eating foods on my plan. My plan is basically working on not eating and nibbling here and there and not giving any thought to what I am doing. I am an emotional & stress eater and I have to deal with this daily. I know there are others out there so my goes out to you.

I know some here on LCF can eat certain things and they are not a problem for them but for me it seems grains are my problem. I seem to not crave pasta, potatoes, or salty grains like chips etc. My problem is bread and sweet breads and desserts. For me(you see I said for me)just one bite of this can send me into a carb frenzy. I must say though that since returnning back to LC I do not binge on these items for days or anything. I sort like have to have it right now, eat and be done with it. So I am working on this not self sabotoging myself and think that this will be a challenge for me through this journey and maybe even into maintaining. IDK, I am just taking this thing one day at a time.

So I shall go forth in my day thanking God for friends and family and support! Have a good day!
Grains are my problem as well! One slice of bread and I'd be DONE!!! Self-sabotage is always a challenge, though, but you have a great plan of facing it head-on!

I am a little concerned about this, though:

I am fully aware of my character defect and work daily on it.

It's definitely not a character defect!!! It's so much more than that, so much that is beyond your conscious control. It has nothing to do with your character.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1973 View Post
Grains are my problem as well! One slice of bread and I'd be DONE!!! Self-sabotage is always a challenge, though, but you have a great plan of facing it head-on!

I am a little concerned about this, though:

I am fully aware of my character defect and work daily on it.

It's definitely not a character defect!!! It's so much more than that, so much that is beyond your conscious control. It has nothing to do with your character.
True not a character defect, bad choice of words. I am in the right frame of mind and appreciate the concern.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not Journaling Anymore!

Hey LCF I decided that I will no longer journal, it is not working out like I thought it would. Have a good LC day!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 6 & Day #3 of LCD
Body released 1.6 lbs.
Yesterdays menu: 2 Wasa Crackers with a smearing of SF strawberry jelly, chicken, shrimp, iceberg lettuce,spinach, grape tomatoes,cucumbers,WF bacon ranch dressing,64 oz's H20, green tea, coffee, grapefruit.(I ate 1 whole one at breakfast.)Coca cola zero.

I take my drops at 6:30 am and 1:30 pm, 8 pm. I exercised yesterday for 20 minutes on my cycle lightly and not bringing myself to a sweat.

Today is day 3 of my low calorie diet and so far things are going good. I do not have hunger issues but toward the evning right before dinner I get to feeling slightly light headed(not the kind where you would pass out)but as soon as I eat something I am fine. I will be eating some celery before bedtime because a friend of mine told me that it is like a natural sleeping pill. I do not take sleeping pills to sleep and actually have been sleeping quite sound with the hHCG and rise farely well.

Well off to day 3, will post the good the bad and the ugly of this journey tomorrow.

Please for those that visit my journal just know that I can change my mind in an instant so don't take it to heart.

Last edited by MagieDen; 12-28-2010 at 03:53 AM..
Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is actually day 5 on the hHCG and day #3 of the low calorie diet and I am down 4.4 lbs. Tomorrow I will post on day #4 and list it as so.

Last edited by MagieDen; 12-28-2010 at 05:04 AM..
Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #28

GOOOOOOOOOOO MAGGGGGGGGGGIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! hehe.. so now I'll jump into your journal and root you on!... we are gonna do this girl!..
Old 12-28-2010, 05:07 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
GOOOOOOOOOOO MAGGGGGGGGGGIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! hehe.. so now I'll jump into your journal and root you on!... we are gonna do this girl!..
Thanx Deb for the support. Yes we WILL do this!!!! WooooHoooo!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GREAT JOB Maggie....So nice to see you back and so happy to see those results...Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and heres looking to a healthy and happy new year...keep up the great work...CONGRATS, your doing GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT