Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Happy New Year Christine!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #1534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Happy New Year! Time to get it in gear!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #1535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad I decided to meet with the trainer a few weeks ago! I learned how to get more out of my workouts, and I think the information will help me tremendously. I'm back on week one of the 12-week workout now that I've completed my first 12 weeks.

I also realized something important about my own nutrition. Regardless of how much I eat during the day, when I come home after work, I will want to eat. My prior tactics included eating most of my calories during the day and then a light dinner. But that no longer works for me because that period from 4-6 is a difficult time for me. Therefore, my new tactic is to ensure that I have ingredients for a green smoothie available so that I can make that and drink it when I come home from work. I made one yesterday and it was delicious (albeit probably not for everyone):

2 handfuls of organic girl greens (the crazy ones that I'd never eat in a salad: Mustard greens, swiss chard, etc.)
A few shakes of SF vanilla pudding
Some HWC
A few frozen berries

Threw it in my ninja, and it came out like a thick smoothie, about 8 oz worth. Did the job! Yesterday's food:

B: Coffee, hwc, butter
S: Coffee, hwc
L: 4 slices pepperoni, string cheese
S: Green meanie
D: Taco meat, cheese, sour cream over greens
Workout: Day 1 of strength program

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #1536
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
A trainer is always a good investment I think! The green smoothie sounds delish, NOT!! LOL I ordered one of those green shakes and I almost hurled, LOL But if you like it that is a good thing! Have a good day!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The green shakes are definitely not for everyone. I made one yesterday with raspberry tea, and it was also quite delicious. I'm going to make these a staple, I think. I had good luck with shakes previously, but I stopped using them because I wanted to stop relying on protein powder. These do not include an abundance of protein, so I'm optimistic.

B: Coffee, hwc
S: Coffee, hwc
L: leftover taco meat
D: Grilled chicken, greens, chipotle dressing
Workout: Week 1, Day 2 lifting program

FRIDAY! If only every week were a short week like this one! I'd be thrilled. My hamstrings are killing me today from yesterday's squats, but I'm glad to be feeling like I worked!

No big plans this weekend, which suits me just fine! What about everyone else???
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #1538

My plan is packing and more packing, I hate it and Tony is cracking the whip on me, thank God he has a plan! I have Bobby this weekend so we need him to start cleaning out as well! So that is my whole weekend, and dragging my fatt butt back to my trainer! Ughg I have not faced his scale for 3 weeks, LOL I guess he will be glad to see me!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #1539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Mornin' Christine ( and hey there Amber!)

I like greens and I think it would be good for me to incorporate some kind of green smoothie for breakfast. Breakfast is always a problem for me, being wheat free I can't do the toast/pancake/waffle/biscuit/cereal/muffin/bagel/croissant/hot pocket...etc and I get really tired of eggs or just cottage cheese and I don't always have leftover dinner to munch on.... I shall investigate further....

Happy Friday!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #1540
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Lord have mercy, I'm with Amber on this one.. sorry!! Just not eva eva eva gonna happen in this lifetime for me
Of course, when you & Blonde are green-meanie'ing your way to goal Amber and I may come chase you down for a recipe

No plans this weekend except just getting my house back together from all the holiday bonanza..my DS heads back to school Sunday so I am WAY bummed about that DD16 starts back Monday, and DD18 starts back the 16th I think.. Will be glad to have my day to myself alittle bit again!

Feel the burn lady!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #1541

Hey green machine have a good weekend!! I have a funny story the farmers market had an amish cafe, so I asked for a burger on a salad, he said he never heard of that, I told him I dont eat bread you should have seen the look he gave me, LOL Can you imagine Amish doing low carb? LOL It made me roll!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAHAHA! I definitely cannot imagine that. No bread? No sugar? NO COMPRENDE!

Sorry I can't convince you ladies to join Blonde and me on our green adventure. I made another one last night and forgot to add the SF pudding. As it turns out, I don't need it! It tasted fine without it. I finished up my greens yesterday, though, so I'll need to pick some up soon.

I also passed a major test today: DS and a friend are playing outside, so I took some slice-and-bake cookie dough to make for them (I normally cook and bake from scratch whenever possible, but I keep these on hand just in case). Normally, I'd have a field day with that dough. Today? I deliberately kept it out of my mouth, not even one stray chip entered my body! That's huge for me because now that I haven't eaten the dough, I'll have zero desire to eat the cookies.

Food so far:

B: Too much coffee (I love Saturdays!)
L: 3 eggs with cheese, sour cream, salsa; 4 strips bacon

Probably making grass-fed cheeseburgers for DS and me for dinner. DH will likely eat some leftover stir fry.

Debating on attending a zumba class later today. I'm thinking the answer will be no since DS is outside playing and probably will be for the during of the afternoon. I'll try to hit the gym after DH gets home from work. I have one more day to finish up for week one. Then Monday it'll be on to week two!

Amber, hope you're having fun with the packing. Sorry to hear DS is headed back to school already, Danielle, but I hope you have a great weekend together! Blonde, LMK if you tried the green stuff!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #1543

Christine that is a major victory not eating dough or cookies, I was feeling bad for the boys and was in the bakery debating on a treat for them and I said NO I cant do it it will taunt me so they got nothing! LOL I am so mean!!! But I am trying to shove steak into my baby he loves that, so he had filets 2 nights in a row, LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #1544
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like a pretty awesome day!!! I have a HUGE tub of cookie dough in my fridge Craziness I tell you!

He's leaving tomorrow I'm so sad..however, he may be headed back this way for fall..contemplating a different route for school...totally switching gears..we gotta see if we can make it work first. Secretly inside I am doing cartwheels at the idea of having him literally 20 min away vs. 2 hrs
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome on the cookie dough refusal! That's the ticket. Don't let it get in there.

I have a vision...Christine in the kitchen with duct tape over her mouth Seriously, great job, it's the little things....
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #1546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I like green shakes too Christine, they are so good for you!
wtg with the cookie dough, as pretty woman would say....MAJOR MAJOR! I hope you have a good week!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #1547

Hey Christine- sending you some Monday love for the week!!!! Hope it is a good one, and Biggest Loser, did you see it? I love it-it always helps me stay motivated!!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 AM   #1548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Christine that is a major victory not eating dough or cookies, I was feeling bad for the boys and was in the bakery debating on a treat for them and I said NO I cant do it it will taunt me so they got nothing! LOL I am so mean!!! But I am trying to shove steak into my baby he loves that, so he had filets 2 nights in a row, LOL
My kiddo loves steak too, but deep down, I think he's a carb kid! He can go to town on some garlic bread like it's nobody's business. I think he got that from his mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sounds like a pretty awesome day!!! I have a HUGE tub of cookie dough in my fridge Craziness I tell you!

He's leaving tomorrow I'm so sad..however, he may be headed back this way for fall..contemplating a different route for school...totally switching gears..we gotta see if we can make it work first. Secretly inside I am doing cartwheels at the idea of having him literally 20 min away vs. 2 hrs
Keep us updated on the changes, Dani!! I'm sure you'd feel much better when he's able to zip home for laundry/dinner on any given night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Awesome on the cookie dough refusal! That's the ticket. Don't let it get in there.

I have a vision...Christine in the kitchen with duct tape over her mouth Seriously, great job, it's the little things....
Don't think I haven't thought about that as a diet technique, Blonde!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
I like green shakes too Christine, they are so good for you!
wtg with the cookie dough, as pretty woman would say....MAJOR MAJOR! I hope you have a good week!
Thanks, SS! Today I sit here relieved that I avoided it on Saturday AND avoided other major temptation last night! DS sat right next to me eating some high-quality chocolate, and I declined each of his offers to share.

MONDAY, already? I hate when I wake up to pee at 4am thinking that it's Sunday and it's MONDAY.

Weekend was ok, nutritionally. Yesterday DS had something he had to go do at school, so DH and I dropped him off and tried to figure out where to go for lunch. The place we really wanted to go was closed, so we ended up at Applebee's, which normally isn't a place we'd go (we have lots of small, independent eateries around here, so we usually go there). Their hot wings were really good!!! I was impressed. I checked the nutritional info on my phone before ordering to make sure they weren't breaded (they weren't!), so despite the 1010 calories, I enjoyed the wings (and a Caesar salad).

I also drank two green smoothies this weekend, and I don't think I've mentioned that I'm attempting to abstain from alcohol for six months. Therefore, I have built the "experience" of drinking wine into my smoothie experience:

As weird as it looks to drink a smoothie from a wine glass, it works perfectly. It's the perfect size for my shake, and it gives me the feeling of drinking without really drinking. I also drank my sparkling water from a wine glass on Saturday night. And it's not that I drink a lot; it's just that when I do, it really compromises my WL efforts. Therefore, I'm going to abstain until my next drinking season (summer. The holiday season is the other drinking season!). I hope it helps!

Off to Day 1, Week 2 of my lifting routine. Also, I downloaded a pushup app last night: It says 9 weeks to 100 pushups and leads you through the number of pushups you need to do each workout (3x/wk) to get to 100. Guess what day one is? 18. Really? Ha. Ha. Ha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (14.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #1549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine, I drink things other than wine out of my wine glasses, too. It's weird but strangely feels like I'm getting something "good". I don't know if I could abstain for 6 months. I'm thinking only once a week, moderately (like this Friday).

My husband can put away garlic bread like nobody's business! I don't know where he puts it....

18 pushups...to start? Holy geez I think that would kill me.)

Do you have any suggestions for abdominal exercises for someone who (seriously) has not done a sit up in decades? I don't even know if I could, sit up.

Have a great day!!
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Blonde!! Six months is a lofty goal, so we'll see.

As for abdominals, I highly recommend the Callentics stomach series (I think you can find it on Youtube). Not hard on the back, and very effective for the core!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #1551

I can do 20-25 pushups but that is fully carb loaded and working out hard daily, but I can't do one pull up, I swear I will never be able to do those! Why are they so freaking hard for us girls to do? Gotta say if you are drinking green swile might as well do it in style, LOL!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #1552

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Exercise? Ughhhh....I have thought about it for a second or 2....

You girls rock!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Amber! That's impressive! I can't do pull-ups, either; I have to use the assisted weight machine. KCG, *thinking* about exercise has to be good for burning at least a few calories, right??? (There are actually some good studies out there that link mind/body: The experimental group visualized themselves exercising and over a period of time, they actually built muscle.....with no real exercise! The changes were small, but STILL! Thinking myself fit? Now THAT I can do!!!)

Somehow a large bag of M&Ms made it into our house last night. One of my many weaknesses, for sure, and I noted how my addict behavior reared its ugly head. I came home late (trigger one), hadn't had dinner (but did have a shake [trigger two]), and was moderately worn out/stressed (trigger three).

Out came the rationalizations:

If I stop eating within an hour, there won't be a blood sugar impact.
I'm not in ketosis, anyway, so it's not like I'll get bumped out.
I've had six straight days of clean eating; surely this wouldn't be too much damage.
I worked out HARD today and will work out HARD tomorrow; I'm sure I'll burn it off immediately.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's kind of scary how quickly those rationalizations come to the surface. So I did what any good addict would do in that situation: I distracted myself by talking with DS and DH; listened to DH play guitar; figured out if I could watch Downton Abbey on my phone (I can!); read, and then went to bed.

It was only one battle won, but it gives me the confidence to keep fighting! My M&M-free day looked like this:

B: Coffee, hwc
L: Eggs, bacon, sour cream, salsa
D: Green meanie, a few pieces of smoked gouda at an event
W: Week two, Day 1 of strength training

Have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine that's so CRAZY! How is it we have the same voice in our head?? I'm the queen of rationalization and sometimes I just say "shut up, I'm eating it"!

You did great!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #1555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
Start Date: Everyday! :)
Understand where you are coming from completely Christine. Kudos for not buying into what the carb monster was whispering into your ear, you totally demolished it. Here's to a great victory last night!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #1556

You need to read what you say when you talk to yourself. it is on awesome book I think you would really enjoy it it totally makes you think about the filth oughts and things that we say to in our head. I need a bigger phone I can't type on here
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1557
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
You did a GREAT job resisting the M&Ms, Christine! That is a huge victory. What is in your green smoothies,if you don't mind me asking?
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi Christine ~
Awesome job on your M&M mental battle . Are you planning on seeing the trainer again?
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Christine that's so CRAZY! How is it we have the same voice in our head?? I'm the queen of rationalization and sometimes I just say "shut up, I'm eating it"!

You did great!!
Sometimes ya just gotta eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Understand where you are coming from completely Christine. Kudos for not buying into what the carb monster was whispering into your ear, you totally demolished it. Here's to a great victory last night!
Thanks, Maggie! So great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
You need to read what you say when you talk to yourself. it is on awesome book I think you would really enjoy it it totally makes you think about the filth oughts and things that we say to in our head. I need a bigger phone I can't type on here
Interesting book! I clicked through a short presentation on that material as well: It was fascinating to hear about the number of "no's" we hear in the first 18 years of life vs. the number of "yes's"! Also, they had a slide where they had five math problems, and one was incorrect. They apparently asked the audience about the slide, assuming that they'd all say that one was wrong. Their point was that yes, it's true; but FOUR WERE RIGHT! I'll have to put that book on my to-read list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
You did a GREAT job resisting the M&Ms, Christine! That is a huge victory. What is in your green smoothies,if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks, Gail! I make the simplest shake possible: Two handfuls of greens (organic baby spinach right now, but last week I used a blend), a cup of brewed raspberry tea, a handful of frozen berries, 2T flax, and about six ice cubes. I put it in my ninja, and viola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Hi Christine ~
Awesome job on your M&M mental battle . Are you planning on seeing the trainer again?
TANYA! So glad to see you! I was planning to come over and pester you on your journal today!! I told the trainer I'd be back in three months to follow-up on my progress. I have a good foundation, and once I get through these 12 weeks, I'll go back so that she can recheck my form, provide me with some additional exercise ideas, etc. She has a gym at her house! I wish I had a gym at my house.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #1560

Hump day hun!! have a good one!