Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Christine, you are doing so well. Glad you and DH will have a FUN night together -- you deserve it. I plan to make your chicken recipe this week. LOVE your consistent weight loss and the fact that your husband said your face looked thinner! Woo hoo!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #1502
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Christine, I hope you and DH have a great time tonight!! Hooray for date nights! Wonderful that hubby is noticing the changes in you. He gets gold stars!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #1503
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Christine yeah for date night! Howis your hubby's health by the way? Is that all resolved?
I couldnt sleep in, ughgh I hate that I am so used to getting up at 5 that I wake up and then I want coffee!

I am asleep at 8 on any given night he says I want to watch a movie, you can sleep, LOL And then I wake up a bear after being asleep and dragging myself upstairs, LOL

Blonde- OK serious ?, I love your pic, you are so pretty, but I lived in San Diego and Del Mar after college and that pic looks like either Carlsbad or Del Mar or La Jolla?? Can I come back and live with you? OMG I loved it there! Those were the best 6 years of my life!!!!Adopt a stray, me, LOL

Christine we went to the Wegmans in Collegeville after the museum, I got freaking broiled scallops and stir fry, Tony picked an eclair as big as his freaking head, he had to drag me out of the bakery, OMG I love that store! I am so glad I give him the shopping lists, LOL

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-09-2012 at 04:09 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Christine, how was your date night? Did you go someplace fun? Hope you had a fabulous time -- you deserve to celebrate your success.

Blonde -- you are gorgeous -- I agree with Amber! I love San Diego and believe that La Jolla in particular is heaven on earth. It even smells lovely there -a combination of ocean, flowers and orange blossoms.

Also, ladies, I think going to bed early is good for us. Getting quality sleep is really imporant for weight loss. Plus being well rested makes you look younger!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
WTG Skinny girl! It's all paying off. Enjoy your date, you last an hour longer the my DH and I. 8:30 is my limit.
The pork was "meh". Not enough flavor. Lately nothing tastes good unless it had hot sauce on it.
First, what a gorgeous pic!!! I agree with Amber; you look amazing. Sorry to hear your pork wasn't as flavorful as you'd hoped, and I hear you on the hot sauce!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Christine, you are doing so well. Glad you and DH will have a FUN night together -- you deserve it. I plan to make your chicken recipe this week. LOVE your consistent weight loss and the fact that your husband said your face looked thinner! Woo hoo!
Thanks!! Hope the you like the chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Christine, I hope you and DH have a great time tonight!! Hooray for date nights! Wonderful that hubby is noticing the changes in you. He gets gold stars!
He's a keeper, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Christine yeah for date night! Howis your hubby's health by the way? Is that all resolved?
I couldnt sleep in, ughgh I hate that I am so used to getting up at 5 that I wake up and then I want coffee!

I am asleep at 8 on any given night he says I want to watch a movie, you can sleep, LOL And then I wake up a bear after being asleep and dragging myself upstairs, LOL

Blonde- OK serious ?, I love your pic, you are so pretty, but I lived in San Diego and Del Mar after college and that pic looks like either Carlsbad or Del Mar or La Jolla?? Can I come back and live with you? OMG I loved it there! Those were the best 6 years of my life!!!!Adopt a stray, me, LOL

Christine we went to the Wegmans in Collegeville after the museum, I got freaking broiled scallops and stir fry, Tony picked an eclair as big as his freaking head, he had to drag me out of the bakery, OMG I love that store! I am so glad I give him the shopping lists, LOL
Love Wegmans (there's one about 1/2 mile from my office), but I cannot go there hungry!! As for DH, fortunately everything turned out ok. The doctors had us on high alert though, which looking back, I think was ridiculous. They told us to prepare for the worst!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Christine, how was your date night? Did you go someplace fun? Hope you had a fabulous time -- you deserve to celebrate your success.

Blonde -- you are gorgeous -- I agree with Amber! I love San Diego and believe that La Jolla in particular is heaven on earth. It even smells lovely there -a combination of ocean, flowers and orange blossoms.

Also, ladies, I think going to bed early is good for us. Getting quality sleep is really imporant for weight loss. Plus being well rested makes you look younger!
Date night.......well. We went for an early dinner to a place I love, but then sort of pooped out after that! We did manage to stay up until 11, though, which is very unusual for us!

I agree with you on the sleep, Gail! Weight loss requires good sleep to control cortisol. Here's something funny: After I got back from the hospital with my dad last week, the last thought I had before going to bed was that I hoped being up in the middle of the night wouldn't compromise my fitness quest for the week! Of course, that was well after I knew he was ok. It was a funny thought to have, though.

Yesterday, before we went to pick up DS, we went to a museum exhibit we've been wanting to see. I threw on a shirt I wore all summer long (v-neck) and had to put a shirt underneath it because the "V" was WAY too low!!! So revealing, and I was thinking, what the heck is this about? Did it get stretched out?? But I realized then that it was because my upper body was smaller due to lifting! YAY!

Off to the gym for Week 10, day one! Have a good one, ladies!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh shucks you guys. My DH took my pic. I think he likes me. Thank you for the nice complements.

Amber, Nope, this is indeed Coronado Island. And you did get the part about the "dream house", right? I don't actually live there... The house behind me takes up an entire corner block. The Hotel Del Coronado (where Some Like It Hot was filmed) is down the beach about 4 blocks. I've often thought it would be wonderful to have my LC Friends over for a day at the beach!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #1507
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
What a great night for you guys!!! 11 pm is fantastic! LOL Altho, I think the older I'm getting the easier it is for me to stay up late... all those concerts and late night visits to the bar for a drink is bringing out the teenager in me again.

Fantastic news about the t-shirt! What a wonderful visual to see all that hard work paying off.

Blonde~ LOVE Coronado Island..haven't visited in years. I miss SD
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Velvet
Stats: 220/193.8/ goal 150
WOE: Low Carb / dr. Frank
Start Date: okt 2012
Found your journal. :-)

Sounds like a great night out, and so cool that you really notice in your clothing the result of your hard work. :-) That is what makes it worth all the efford, because it will pay off!
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #1509

Blonde- yes I visited the Hotel Del many times, I used to love to go to the Silver Strand beach there and find sand dollars, and the sand was so pretty there glittery and gold! I could live there too!!! LOL I pretty much love the whole So Cal coast!!!!

Christine- yeah on low V-necks, OMG I am always busting on my boss for being buttoned up she is uber conservative, and you know me uber revealing, LOL So she revealed her chest and I was like OMG she looked like she had a masectomy I never saw such lack of cleavage, LOL I think I am going to stuff a bra for her! LOL
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Amber! She needs you as her fashion consultant!

DH is sooooo sick right now. He has been up all night with a terrible stomach flu. He escaped that terrible flu that I had a few weeks ago, but now it looks like the stomach flu has found him. Yuck! It's like a domino effect, though; he was supposed to be off today to drive his dad somewhere, so now we need to find someone to do that or cancel because I am not free at all today. It's always something.

Nothing to talk about on the exercise or diet front. Just chugging along. I did look up how to do deadlifts with dumbbells, so I'm going to start doing that. Oh! I also emailed someone I know who is a trainer to set up an appointment with her so that I can make sure my form is ok. Now that I've moved into the heaviest part of my program, I want to make sure I am doing everything right. I probably should have checked with her when I started the program.....

Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #1511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Blonde- yes I visited the Hotel Del many times, I used to love to go to the Silver Strand beach there and find sand dollars, and the sand was so pretty there glittery and gold! I could live there too!!! LOL I pretty much love the whole So Cal coast!!!!

Christine- yeah on low V-necks, OMG I am always busting on my boss for being buttoned up she is uber conservative, and you know me uber revealing, LOL So she revealed her chest and I was like OMG she looked like she had a masectomy I never saw such lack of cleavage, LOL I think I am going to stuff a bra for her! LOL

Oh, sucks that DH is sick!

Glad to hear your "chugging" along! As always I am in awe of your exercise program. Gads...dead lifting dumbbells.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde with a Rose.... Living HFLC/NK/Primal

Come see me! I started a new thread for a new woe.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #1513

Christine my hubby is sick as a dog too, he sounds terrible, I go to NYC and do not want to be sick for Christmas!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no, Amber! I hope he's better soon! There is some nasty, nasty stuff going around!

Got myself all signed up for my trainer appointment next week! Can't wait. I also have a hair appointment after I drop DS off at the airport (that was the huge change in our life this fall: His father moved across the country, so DS has been here full-time). DS will be flying for the first time alone. I am hoping that by treating myself kindly next week, I can be distracted. I don't know. I'm very uneasy.

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #1515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh poor Mama Bear! I would hate it too. He'll be okay, it'll be a big adventure for him. Treating yourself kindly is great idea, anytime. How's the Hubs?

Amber sorry your DH is sick! NYC sounds exciting!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Blonde. I am hoping so. He's a little ambivalent about the travel, so I'm trying to keep my anxieties about it at bay. I know I am going to be a wreck after I drop him off, though.

DH is still sick today. Explosive bowel action last night . TMI, I know, but wow. Poor guy!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! I hope your DH feels better. That is awful to go through that. Both of you have my sympathies!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gail! Thankfully, he's better today!!

THURSDAY, thank goodness. Can't wait for this week to be over. Lots to do this weekend, though, since it's DS's last weekend here. Gifts for his school secret santa, gifts for his teacher and bus driver, cookies and gingerbread house construction with some friends of ours, and DS's shopping for his grandparents and uncle.

I heard we're supposed to get a wild storm next T/W, Amber!! I hope not!

Have a great day!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #1519

Oh I know I cant think about snow, I hate it!! Oh wow that sucks about your son, Bobby is going with his Dad to FL on Christmas Eve this year the first Christmas I will not have him, so next weekend we see Tony's Mom and my family with the kids and we are alone it blows!!!!!

Poor hubby I hate that!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

Yup a big snow storm is supposed to hit the east coast either Monday or Tuesday -- boo! I am in Boston and I'm supposed to go to New York for business on Tuesday and wonder if we will get out! Amber, I'm sorry Bobby is going to FL for Christmas but you and Tony might end up having a good time together -- and hopefully you will hear good news about your house very soon. You might have something to celebrate!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Raining cats and dogs here in San Diego, but we need it. Snow is expected in the mountains to the east of us. Guess you Eastern girls better get your snow groceries in, huh?

Christine happy to hear DH is much better. I'm like you, I still have soooo much to do before Christmas but like a lot of us I have more spirit than money.

The gingerbread house building sounds fun! I would eat the roof, I know it.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Blonde, I would eat the roof, the door and the gumdrops everywhere, unfortunately! The weather forecast said that the snow will most likely be rain instead, hitting the east coast on Sunday night through Tuesday.

Christine, glad DH is better!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #1523

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Ahhhh! Not the s word!

Tues. to Wed. Is what they are forecasting here.....uck!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hoping that maybe that storm will be just rain, as Gail said!!! But even that is annoying. I don't mind the cold, but I do mind cold and RAIN.

FRIDAY. So glad! Just ordered a bulk pack of grass fed beef; we've been out since July, so it'll be nice to have that option again!

Let me tell you this about gingerbread house construction: It's so not my thing. My job will be to sit back with some wine and take a few pictures. I have no patience for that sort of thing, and I"m not very good at it. I could probably do some damage on it, though, so I need to not even take one bite. If I take one bite, it's all over: "She huffed and she puffed and inhaled the whole darned thing."

I'll post a picture of the result. Two 11 y.o. boys putting it together? Should be interesting (and will probably look similar to a fort or something).
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #1525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your "huffed and puffed" line made me laugh. Yes please post pics of the GB House. I too would like to see what two 11 year old boys will do!

Happy happy happy FRIDAY!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #1526

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
No bites! Ahhhh! That would set me off too! I hate when people say a little bite won't hurt you.....
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12

Awesome about the trainer!
I know you are a wreck thinking of ds's vacation away, I hope all goes well.
Have a good weekend!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #1528

I said F the gingerbread houses they always look like they went through a landslide so I got ninja gingerbread cookie cutters, LOL So the kids are making them on Friday!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should have stuck with the ninja-bread men, too!

Taking a much-needed technology break for the next two weeks or so, so I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #1530

Merry Christmas Christine, enjoy the time with your family!