Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Christine, your lasagne photo looks delish -- that would be fabulous with a glass of pinot noir!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
That looks so good Christine!!!! That is my goal get through the holidays and not go overboard and limit the alcohol, man with my crazy family I could really toss the booze down! LOL
My scale is not budging I am beyond ticked! LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 AM   #1473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Indeed, Gail!!! I had the leftovers for dinner last night and could have used the wine, too!

Amber, I hear you!! I always need the booze to make it through, too, especially this year. It's going to be a challenge to me (I never said it, but the ex moved halfway across the country in August, so DS is flying solo for the first time this xmas to go visit. ).

You'll see some scale movement soon; I just know it!

Food yesterday was not bad:

B: Coffee, hwc
S: Coffee, hwc, HB egg, bacon, string cheese
L: Scrambled eggs w/ ricotta
D: Leftover lasagne

And one bit of cookie dough ice cream as I was scooping it for DS. Could have been worse, right?

Still feeling my M/T workouts today: Scapula and inner thighs. WOWZA. Today it's Tough One Thursday: Dips and pullups. Should be fun. And by "fun" I mean "not fun at all."

Making bone broth right now, too! Did you see the thread on bone broth? I've had these soup bones from a pack of grass fed beef that I bought, and I didn't make them because DH can't stand the smell. I decided to try the crock pot to see if that helps the smell factor a little. I think it'll still bother him this morning, but I look at it this way: I started them last night, and there was no smell. There will be a little smell this morning, but he leaves for work and then won't be home until 7:30pm, at which point I should be done making them, so the smell should dissipate. I think that's reasonable!

Friday eve! Busy one for me today. Here's to good nutritional choices!!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 AM   #1474

I make bone broth all the time, put it in the crockpot and add 1/2 c apple cider vinegar, the vinegar helps leech the minerals and calcium from the bones, I add lots of veggies too, also I roast the bones in the oven with onion, fennel, whatever and olive oil for like 1 hour til they get brown then throw in the crock pot for like a day it is amazing, I put it in sealed canning jars and it lasts a long time in the fridge I use it like stock to flavor stuff
Old 11-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #1475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's almost exactly what I did, too! I didn't add the vegetables to the roasting, though; I think I"ll add some for the last few hours of cooking in the crock pot.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #1476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Your lasagne looks soooo good!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, SS! It was delicious!

Shrimp for dinner last night:

Lay out shrimp on whatever pan you like. Cut up a stick of butter (I only used 1/3 stick because my shrimp didn't cover the whole pan) and lay on top. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Add sliced lemon on top of that if desired (I didn't). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Delicious! Buttery, beautiful shrimp.

Happy Friday! I'm out of town today for a presentation. Packing some HB eggs, I guess!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Have a great weekend!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 AM   #1479

Hope you had a good one Christine!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Another week closer to some days off!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Heading to the gym to do weeks 9-12 of my rotation, which is the hardest segment. Four to six reps per exercise, which means crazy heavy weights. I just recovered from a weekend of quad pain after doing 240lbs on the leg press on Friday; oh the pain. But I did it, and now it's time to move up.

I thought I was doing really well until I looked up what is considered "decent, good, outstanding" for weight lifting. Apparently, putting 190 on the leg press is considered "decent" (for a woman), and 380 is considered "good." THREE EIGHTY?!?!??!?!?

Seriously. Come on, now. I am perfectly happy to live my life as a "decent" lifter because there is no way I'll ever be at 380. I don't think our machine even goes that high!

Nice warm day today in the northeast! Too bad it's raining.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #1481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As always I am in awe of your motivation and exercise routine!
I'm ashamed to admit that I have a gym membership and never go. Period. I'm intimidated and lost in there.

Congrats! You totally rock.

Blonde
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, you should ask your gym to give you a trainer session! Tell them you're going to terminate your membership because you don't feel comfortable enough, and I bet they'll hook you up with an hour of training! They can educate you and get you on a program!

Hurt my neck a bit yesterday while lifting, so I'm hoping that goes away soon. Annoying.

Today was pretty good. Nice heavy weights on the squat and stiff-legged deadlift. Two other leg exercises at weights I've never done before. Leg exercises are HARD but they do pack a punch!

I'm doing some renegade nutrition right now, which I hope will keep me on track. I've decided that this all or nothing approach is really not working for me, so the plan is to allow myself some latitude on the weekend. For about 24-36 hours, if I WANT to have something, I will. Wine, chocolate, whatever. I am convinced that this window will help me stay on track because when I give myself permission to do what I want, there's nothing I want to do. The forbidden fruit thing, right? If I can't have it, I want it, but if I CAN have it.....meh. Not so tantalizing to me.

Also, if I want something during the week, I can easily put it off to the weekend. If I still want it then, I'll have it. Odds are, I won't want it.

I tried this plan over the weekend and found that it did NOT inhibit my ability to get back on track on Monday, and it did NOT cause cravings! In fact, I ate much less yesterday than I normally do. Coincidence?

And I didn't go crazy over the weekend. Some ice cream, some other stuff I wouldn't normally have, but not 36 full hours of eating.

I'm optimistic.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think your "Renegade Nutrition" is a sound idea. It's so true that making something forbidden also makes it tantalizing and irresistible You work very hard in the gym. This will give you something to look forward to on the weekend. I'm interested to know how this works for you.

Funny but true, since I gave up wheat (took about a month) other grains became uninteresting to me. In fact I know now that wheat was a huge trigger food and appetite enhancer for me. I have never given up wheat entirely before. Even with LC I always bought the LC wheat tortillas and Julian Bread made with wheat gluten. This is a first.

I'll check with my gym, but they don't give anything for free. I really have no excuse, I live very close to a lovely park and I could be there every morning. walking. This past summer I walked 4 mornings a week with the grand girls. We all miss it, I think.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Hello Christine! I have missed you so much! I too am in awe of your exercise routine.

No excuses...

I LOVE the term "renegade nutrition"! Between you and Blonde, you'll have a new dieting dictionary soon.

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
Hello Christine! I have missed you so much! I too am in awe of your exercise routine.

No excuses...

I LOVE the term "renegade nutrition"! Between you and Blonde, you'll have a new dieting dictionary soon.

Jan

That's funny!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like a great plan, Christine! I'm finding with JUDDD that I get to do just that if I want to...most times I don't or if I do halfway through I realize it's just not that good to be charged the calories for so I throw it out. I'm stingy with my calories!

Hope the neck feels better soon
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #1487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Hurt my neck a bit yesterday while lifting, so I'm hoping that goes away soon. Annoying.

Today was pretty good. Nice heavy weights on the squat and stiff-legged deadlift. Two other leg exercises at weights I've never done before. Leg exercises are HARD but they do pack a punch!

I'm doing some renegade nutrition right now, which I hope will keep me on track. I've decided that this all or nothing approach is really not working for me, so the plan is to allow myself some latitude on the weekend. For about 24-36 hours, if I WANT to have something, I will. Wine, chocolate, whatever. I am convinced that this window will help me stay on track because when I give myself permission to do what I want, there's nothing I want to do. The forbidden fruit thing, right? If I can't have it, I want it, but if I CAN have it.....meh. Not so tantalizing to me.

Also, if I want something during the week, I can easily put it off to the weekend. If I still want it then, I'll have it. Odds are, I won't want it.

I tried this plan over the weekend and found that it did NOT inhibit my ability to get back on track on Monday, and it did NOT cause cravings! In fact, I ate much less yesterday than I normally do. Coincidence?

And I didn't go crazy over the weekend. Some ice cream, some other stuff I wouldn't normally have, but not 36 full hours of eating.

I'm optimistic.
Hiya!

I hope your injury isn't serious, I am in awe of your exercise!

I admire that you're testing the waters on your woe, please keep us posted as I also think we have to customize to stay for the long haul of it.

I fixed your shrimp recipe Saturday night and it was awesome, tyvm!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #1488
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Be so careful, please, Christine. I'm not a big believer of the "no pin/no gain" philosophy.

NOT causing cravings is KEY! I'm so pleased that's happening for you.

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #1489

Christine this is why I weigh over 200 pounds my legs are strong I do 415 on the leg press, LOL It kills Tony and the guys at the gym I do the entire weight stack on 3 of the leg machines, but like my shoulders I struggle doing like 40 pounds on the shoulder press machine and I do only 20 when lifting over head, LOL I got massive legs! I actually stopped doing much wiht the legs cause I thought they were getting too bulky looking, guess walking around in a 350 pound frame all those years actually made my legs strong to some degree, LOL
I like the renegade nutrition!
I am benched for a week with the surgery probably a good thing!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #1490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SS, so glad you liked the shrimp! Gotta say that my family wasn't thrilled. DS likes his shrimp "plain" (no seasoning!), and DH is not a big shrimp fan. Me? I say too bad. It was delicious.

Jan, I think among all of us we could rewrite the entire book on nutrition!!!

Amber, I hope your "rest week" is a good one for you. You'll be raring to go by the time you're allowed to lift again! And holy moly on the leg press!! Good for you!! I hear you about the bulk though; I've actually read about a lot of women who forego lower body strength training and focus on the upper body for that reason.

Danielle, isn't it great to give yourself "permission" and then not even need the permission?? I like that dynamic!

So tired here this morning. My dad was taken to the ER by ambulance last night, so I went over to see what was up. He's ok, but sheesh. Middle-of-the-night phone calls are always nerve-wracking! You know it's never going to be good news.

Wednesday rest day for me. Neck is feeling a little better; I can feel it pull only when I bring my chin down to my chest, so I'm hoping that by tomorrow's lifting session, I'll be much better.

Food yesterday:

B: Coffee
L: Pepperoni with cheese; coffee
D: 3 scrambled eggs with cheddar
S: pepperoni with parmesan (crisped in the oven)
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #1491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about your Dad! He's okay? I know, middle of the night calls make your stomach drop, even if it's a wrong number. Amazing all the things that can go through your mind in the time it takes to answer the phone.

Pepperoni and parmesan crisped? How do you do that? Sounds yummy.

Glad your neck is better!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #1492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, he's ok, fortunately! Thanks for asking. As for the pepperoni and parm, I place pepperoni slices on a baking sheet (spray with cooking spray or use parchment paper), top with some shredded parm, and put them under the broiler for a few until they're crispy. My family LOVES these! They're like little pepperoni chips!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #1493

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Glad to see your dad is ok. Hate those calls.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Kitty!!

Was packing my stuff last night for this morning (I shower at the gym, so I pack up my work clothes the night before) and tried on a suit jacket, just to be sure it fit. Normally I struggle into this one, and it's tight in the upper arms and chest. Last night? Perfect fit! I doubt I've lost any weight, but I'm sure that lifting heavy is making me smaller. Good motivation!

Food yesterday:

B: Coffee, hwc
L: Eggs, cheddar
S: Pepperoni, cheese
D: A modified version of chicken cacciatore, steamed broccoli

For the chicken, I browned some chicken breasts, then added 8 oz tomato sauce (or maybe it was 12? Not the tomato paste size, the next size up), a can of mushrooms (DH would have preferred fresh, but I love canned mushrooms! It's the only canned vegetable I like), and lots of italian seasoning. I added some diced green pepper, onion, and garlic, and let it simmer for about an hour. Then I topped everything with shredded mozzarella and parmesan. Good stuff! Next time I'll probably cut the peppers and onions into strips instead of dicing them.

The weekend is almost here!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo on the suit jacket!!! That's what it's all about and you sure deserve it!

Glad your Dad is okay and the chicken sounds so good! I like canned mushrooms too, really better than fresh ones because I hate to clean them I guess.
Have a good one!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Christine, I really admire your workout regime! You and Amber really kill it at the gym and I think that is awesome. I want to make your chicken dish too!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #1497

OMG Christine it is so wierd sleeping in and not going to the gym, I have so much time in the morning, I am going to enjoy it cause I am hoping I go back after he sees me!

That is terrible about your Dad, I am glad he is OK!

Yeah on suits that fit!!!!!

You are rocking it girl!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my that chicken sounds de-lish! I too love canned mushrooms, that's all my Mom ever bought. I'm making a smallish pork shoulder today in the crock pot. I'm gonna brown it, add onion, bell peppers, a can of Rotelle, a little broth and tonight, dinner is served.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds great, Blonde! I hope it was delicious!

Amber, enjoy your sleeping-in time!! I am weirdly looking forward to DS's dentist appt. on Wednesday because that means I don't have to get him to the bus by 7:15. We can leave the house at 7:45 instead of 7; 45 minutes of sleep! YAY!

LMK if you try the chicken, Gail! I'm so disappointed. I took the leftovers to work yesterday but couldn't eat them:

Busy, crazy day yesterday. Ended up living on one HB egg and coffee until I got home after 6:30! Had bacon and eggs, then.

Another crazy day today! All I've had so far is coffee, 2 strips of cold bacon, and a turkey stick (similar to a slim jim, I guess?). Oddly, I'm not hungry after the slim jim!

DH and I are going out for dinner somewhere since the grandparents offered to take DS overnight. Woohoo! Date night. We'll be asleep by 9:30, I bet. We are party animals.

DH said last night that my face looks thinner. I'm pretty sure I'm losing inches at the waist, too. Man, my butt is sore today!! That leg press is kicking my butt (literally!) on Fridays!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Skinny girl! It's all paying off. Enjoy your date, you last an hour longer the my DH and I. 8:30 is my limit.
The pork was "meh". Not enough flavor. Lately nothing tastes good unless it had hot sauce on it.