LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
DG_ senior mobility class??????????????

You are no senior go pick up some heavy weights and put them down, LOL Exercise will firm you up for sure!!! Me and Christine are a littly nutty but even doing light weights regularly will make a big difference!

I have been working out almost 2 years now, I started small, but the key is I go even when the diet lags I dont let the exercise lag, after surgery was rough not working out!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #1352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Yes! Crazy weightlifters unite! Weightlifting problem of the day: Our dumbbells at the gym have textured grip; sort of like metal sandpaper, and they cut up my hand this week. It's really annoying. I guess those heavy weights are much harder on the hands. Am I going to need to geek-out and buy some of those weightlifting gloves??? I really don't want to have to do that. I mean, I like working out and lifting heavy, but I don't want to be like one of THOSE people.

Weightlifting problem 2: NO EYE CANDY AT MY GYM. I'm gonna go work out with Amber!!!

Saturday, finally! Who has exciting plans?? Mine include hitting the farmers market, and probably taking DS out for a late breakfast/early lunch. He came home with a perfect score on his spelling test (and that test was a review of the words from the previous five weeks), which is unheard of in this household! He's a smart kid, but spelling is not his strong point. All of his grades this year are so much better (for a very specific reason that I don't want to disclose publicly, yet I don't mean to be cryptic, so if you want the scoop just PM me), so we'll go out for a little mom/son celebration this morning/afternoon.

Food yesterday was weird because I was with a guest speaker all day, but here's what it was:

B: Coffee, hwc (I vacated the coconut milk, btw), cafeteria scrambled eggs/bacon
L: Nada
D: Artichoke chicken skillet (recipe below)
S: Birdseed crackers with butter; cream cheese clouds

For the artichoke chicken (I love artichokes!), I did this:

3 chicken breasts, sauteed to brownish in some butter (seasoned as you wish)
Remove from pan and add more butter, plus some sliced red pepper (I don't use a lot), a can of drained artichokes (the big one), some chopped onion and garlic. Add either 1/4 cup of dry white wine or if you don't have it (like me!) use 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (any vinegar, really) and 1/8 cup water.
Saute for a few minutes, put the chicken back in, and simmer 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
I served it by spooning the artichokes and peppers over the chicken. However, I now see that I could have cut the chicken into pieces and mixed it all together, so whatever your preference is, do that.

I found it to be very tasty and (more importantly) easy. DH loved it; DS put barbeque sauce on it. I don't recommend the bbq sauce.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 10-13-2012 at 05:42 AM..
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #1353
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
DG_ senior mobility class??????????????

Thank you for another tasty sounding recipe Christine! No eye candy is a HUGE problem. I might have to change gyms over something like that. Get the gloves!!!! What kind of work / speaking do you do?

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #1354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I love artichokes! Sounds delish!

Buy the gloves! They are not fashion, they will save your hands. You are no geek. You are my hero!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #1355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
3 chicken breasts, sauteed to brownish in some butter (seasoned as you wish)
Remove from pan and add more butter, plus some sliced red pepper (I don't use a lot), a can of drained artichokes (the big one), some chopped onion and garlic. Add either 1/4 cup of dry white wine or if you don't have it (like me!) use 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (any vinegar, really) and 1/8 cup water.
Saute for a few minutes, put the chicken back in, and simmer 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
I served it by spooning the artichokes and peppers over the chicken. However, I now see that I could have cut the chicken into pieces and mixed it all together, so whatever your preference is, do that.

I found it to be very tasty and (more importantly) easy. DH loved it; DS put barbeque sauce on it. I don't recommend the bbq sauce.
This sounds so good! I have a pkg of frozen artichokes, I think I'll make some tomorrow! Thank you and I hope you weekend is great!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post

Thank you for another tasty sounding recipe Christine! No eye candy is a HUGE problem. I might have to change gyms over something like that. Get the gloves!!!! What kind of work / speaking do you do?

DG
I'm a college administrator and I had a guest speaker on campus. He was doing the speaking, so I just had to es*cort him around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I love artichokes! Sounds delish!

Buy the gloves! They are not fashion, they will save your hands. You are no geek. You are my hero!
Haha! I don't want to buy the gloves because I'll feel like a poser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
This sounds so good! I have a pkg of frozen artichokes, I think I'll make some tomorrow! Thank you and I hope you weekend is great!
Frozen artichokes?? I never knew they came that way! I need to find them ASAP!!!! Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #1357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(So can someone fill me in as to why the above post was flagged for review and why it now includes a random asterisk??? )
Old 10-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #1358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
(So can someone fill me in as to why the above post was flagged for review and why it now includes a random asterisk??? )
I see nothing.

I hope you plan some rest today from your busy schedule! KUTGW
Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #1359

You must get geek gloves for one hting the metal gnarling on the dumbells will scratch up your wedding ring and other gold rings, and it freaking hurts your hands so I wear them,, I got mine at 5 below and they are super, huge difference when I leave them in the car and I am too lazy to walk out and get them, LOL

Lost 2.5 this week I told him I had a carb frenzy yesterday so it would have been more, told him not to expect much next week cause there is another Sat party, I hate these Sunday weigh ins, Wed is always my lightest day!

Seriously though I was like I cant believe those are my arms when I was lifting today they are changing so that is good enough for me!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #1360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the tip, Amber. I am definitely going to get them. My hands are killing me today. Congrats on your loss!!! You are doing great. I was pleased to see some muscle definition in the gym this morning. In fact, my tshirt was baggy enough that I had to tie a knot in the back to keep it out of my way. I looked in the mirror and was like, woah. A narrower waist? Could it be?

I don't know. I have this body dysmorphic thing where I think I look better than I really do, so I'm not actual judge of my progress.

For real.

I do know that I'm getting progressively stronger, so I'm focusing on that. I also know that Sundays are very hard for me these days: I usually bake cookies to put in DS and DH's lunches, and I seriously cannot stay away from the cookie dough. Some cookie dough and two cookies yesterday, but I don't think I'm harmed by that at this point. I lifted well this morning, I didn't feel tired when I woke up, and I don't feel bloated.

Other than that, food yesterday was no problem:

B: Coffee, hwc, bacon
L: Chicken breast, caesar salad (I was at an event, and both probably had more sugar than I would like. I was really hungry for the rest of the day)
S: Cookie dough
D: Nothing

Cannot wait for October to be over! Way too busy for me, but at least nothing will interfere with my early-morning workout.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #1361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I am sure you are seeing positive changes! You've been doing amazingly well with your workouts and food. I have that dysmorphic thing but mine's the opposite, I think I look way worse than I do...debilitating at times for sure! Keep it up lady, you're doing fantastic!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #1362

Christine- I dont want it to be dark at 5:00 pm for the drive home!!!!!!

Made just beef and onions in the crock pot yestrerday the boys loved it, my pot is really hot, since it was Sunday I seared it and sauteed the onions and added 3 boullion cubes I put it on low for like 5 hours so it was still a little pink and not show leather, man it was good!!!

Grilled a honey mustard pork loin and made some butternut squash with cinnamon and splenda for tomorrow night a little carby but a healthy veggie!!!

Keep on lifting and go get gloves!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #1363
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They must think you are starting an es cort service. I'm really getting mighty jealous of all this buffness you and Amber are achieving. I might have to break down and pick up something heavy.

Is there a thread here in the recipe section for 2 ingredient crock pot recipes? If not, could Amber start one?

If I WERE to pick up something heavy, which I'm definitely not promising, what sort of program might I try to follow?

DG
Old 10-16-2012, 03:36 AM   #1364

Doggy I dont have recipes I just throw stuff in!! LOL

I would say meet with a trainer even a few times so that you get a routine and know what you are doing, bad form will cause injuries and its worth the investment!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha! LC es cort services! Call me and I'll attend your social functions with you to make sure you don't eat anything off-plan!

I agree that hiring a trainer (or using a free session at the gym) is a good idea.

Also, though, there are many, many good online tutorials. In fact, in the program I use, you can see video of how to properly do each exercise, so that's helpful. The program I use is called the female training bible, and you can easily find it with a quick search.

Today's workout was pretty good. Nutrition was not great last night; Chinese, but whatever. Moving on, moving on.

Home today with a sick kiddo, so I'll need to stay OUT of the kitchen!!! Being home is my downfall. I was already tempted to have a cookie with my coffee. Didn't. Had some bacon instead, and now I couldn't possibly eat a cookie! Going to make some CC clouds today, too.

Is it November yet? I really need October to be OVER!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #1366
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Doggy I dont have recipes I just throw stuff in!! LOL
I never know what to even throw in there! I need a book called "2 Ingredient LC Crock Pot Recipes for Dummies!" Has that one been written???

Quote:
I would say meet with a trainer even a few times so that you get a routine and know what you are doing, bad form will cause injuries and its worth the investment!
I need to see if I can get a PT there who will work with free weights. They offer this service, but all they ever seem to promote is sort of that mix of cardio and light weight training. I can go to the free classes and get that!! When I next go to the Senior class for the weight machines () I will ask that guy if he can do private session work with free weights. I actually like that class and it's better than nothing but I just haven't been able to get there at the scheduled time very often. It would be great to get an assigned routine, then work on it on my own schedule, then follow up every so often. Is that what you do? Do you meet with your trainer every week?

I will also take a look at the female training bible.

Quote:
Ha! LC es cort services! Call me and I'll attend your social functions with you to make sure you don't eat anything off-plan!
Non!!!! You need to be the manager and run a stable of very hot males to be the es corts to ensure LC compliance on nights out.

I work from home and study from home so I can sure relate to that particular challenge!!! I keep thinking I will be really glad when I am done with school and working at least part time out of the house so I am far far away from the fridge!!! Hope your kiddo gets well soon.

Every time I pop on your thread I just want to say that indeed, I am shakin' my money maker today.

DG
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #1367
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope the kiddo feels better soon. My youngest was coughing this morning so crossing my fingers she's not getting sick...she's got PSAT's this Saturday!! Great job staying away from the cookies. I love cookies w/ my coffee and was my "usual"...and I wonder how I ended up with insulin issues Anyways...hang in there today, stay strong, and tell those kitchen voices calling you to pound sand!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #1368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Non!!!! You need to be the manager and run a stable of very hot males to be the es corts to ensure LC compliance on nights out.

I work from home and study from home so I can sure relate to that particular challenge!!! I keep thinking I will be really glad when I am done with school and working at least part time out of the house so I am far far away from the fridge!!! Hope your kiddo gets well soon.

Every time I pop on your thread I just want to say that indeed, I am shakin' my money maker today.

DG
Now you're talking! I think I just found my retirement gig!

So far, so good in terms of keeping out of the kitchen. I hid the cookies. But I know where they are in the event of an emergency.

DS seems a bit better. He slept until 11 and said he wanted to go to school this morning because he wanted perfect attendance this year. Goofball. He's hacking his lung out, for Pete's sake!

Keep on shakin'! I think the world needs a little more shaking of our collective money-makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hope the kiddo feels better soon. My youngest was coughing this morning so crossing my fingers she's not getting sick...she's got PSAT's this Saturday!! Great job staying away from the cookies. I love cookies w/ my coffee and was my "usual"...and I wonder how I ended up with insulin issues Anyways...hang in there today, stay strong, and tell those kitchen voices calling you to pound sand!
Thanks, my dear! Hope DD is ok!! Wish her luck on the PSATs!

Hey, guess what??? I measured myself on 9/30 and then again today. In sixteen days I lost three inches in my waist and 1.5 in the hips! (Plus one in the bust but who cares.)

An inch/week off the waist??? I WILL TAKE IT!

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 10-16-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #1369
Senior LCF Member

I hope your Son is okay......

......STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES........

Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #1370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
An inch/week off the waist??? I WILL TAKE IT!
Well, first off, just let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Now. For that retirement plan. How 'bout we scrap that idea about you managing the hot men LC es cort service and you become my personal trainer??? Pretty please???

DG
Old 10-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #1371
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, first off, just let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

DG
ditto
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks!! And DG, you don't want me as your trainer. You need some good eye candy for that!! Someone with nice buff abs to motivate you. (Plus I'd probably bring cocktails, so.........yeah. Not productive).

I did manage to stay away from the cookies, but I did eat A LOT yesterday (albeit all LC). I can't even list it by meal because it was pretty much all-day grazing:

Some CC clouds
Some birdseed crackers that I made by removing the sesame seeds (I was out) and adding shredded parm instead. OMG. Amazing!!!! So crispy.
Coffee, iced coffee, more coffee, and did I mention that I had coffee?
A few bites of chicken
A few bites of spaghetti squash casserole
A few bites of cream cheese
Bacon

Not a green vegetable in sight. Terrible! I'm going to try to do better with that today since I'm home again! Fortunately, it's a rest day, so I didn't head out to the gym this morning; I climbed back in bed once I realized that DS still had a fever. That was a treat, I tell you!!

Now on to cleaning my house today for my mother's visit this weekend. Let's not even get started on that.

Still so stoked about losing some inches. I cannot tell you how much better it makes me feel knowing that there was progress, even if the bloody scale showed no change (or worse, an upward trend!). I will take a loss of an inch/week and I don't care if my weight never changes again. In fact, if I could fit into a size 10 right now weighing 300 lbs, so be it!

I logged all of my lifting days into my spreadsheet yesterday. I realized that I started the barbell squat at 40 lbs during week one and am now up to 65 lbs on week six. Measureable progress! That's what I like!

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Can I just say that your stats are jaw dropping??!! My mouth literally fell open when I read "three inches off my waist"! Holy macaroni (low carb macaroni)!! I am speechless. This is me jumping up and down

Amazing results! Congrats!!!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Blonde!! It was astounding to me, too, but it shouldn't have been: Honestly, the very first place I lose weight is ALWAYS my waist. I can feel it in my pants when it's happening. However, what surprised me was that it wasn't happening when I was just eating LC and working out normally. It seems to have picked up when I added the heavy weights.

Further evidence that we need to periodically change things up?? Maybe. At least maybe that's true for me!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #1375
Senior LCF Member

I am so happy for you, 3 in, that's like a family moving out!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #1376
Blabbermouth!!!

Absolutely amazing woman! You are shrinking!!!!!!! The best feeling ever is seeing what the tape measure has to say. Despite my not seeing progress on the scale I still see areas every couple weeks where I'm shrinking and I have the proof You are AWESOME!!!! Keep it up, at this rate you will be at your goal clothes before ya know it!

*I* can't wait til DD's PSATs are over! Good lord that girl is stressing ME out!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #1377
Senior LCF Member

I hope your day is good!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Just a quick fly-by to say hello and to wish everyone a happy weekend! Packed couple of days here so I'll be MIA, but you'll be in my thoughts!! Have a good one!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #1379
Major LCF Poster!

Have a fun weekend shakin' your money maker, whatever that is!

DG
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #1380

God Christine I am such a loser I have not checked in here all week!!! So many things to talk about!!!

3 inches off your waist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy scmoly, exactly right who cares about the scale that is the real measurement of success!!!!! I think I get measured on Sunday that will be 4 weeks, I would crap my pants!!! LOL

Sorry DS is ill, there are a bunch of nasty things going around!

I agree being at home is the worst that is how I packed all the weight on this summer, I need structure! Unemployment = weight gain! But alas I have structure now! So I am trying to be patient, be good 95% of the time, and enjoy life, I actually went all week without weighing I have no idea where I am at and I am OK with it!

Have a good weekend and shake that moneymaker!

We have the Hallloween Party fo the kids Tony is going as Redfoo from LMAO, OMG it is so funny, I am his groupie!