Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #1231
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I know I have a keg covering mine, it is so hard to show a 6 pack unless your body fat is so low, I will never see mine, LOL

Weather sucks for my b-day but oh well gotta work anyway so no biggie I got soaked running into the gym this morning!

That is getting to be routine, I am amazed that I fly out of bed and get moving, if I linger I am done!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
You can feel your abs???? OMG!!!! That's so great! And yes, your meals sound like a DD, but hey, it works.

Bejewelme!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #1233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi Christine,
I think its safe to say that I wont morph into that guy!
Thanks for the laugh.
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #1234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Happy Wednesday! Seems like the longest week EVER to me. Heading out for a walk this morning; it's a nice break from lifting. I can still feel it in my lower back after the Tuesday workout, probably in light of the stiff-legged deadlift; I can feel my back muscles working hard on that one!

I've also moved from modified planks to full. It's amazing how quickly one can make gains in core strength. That's the kind of progress that will keep me motivated.

Food yesterday:
B: Coffee
S: 2 strips bacon
L: 3 scrambled eggs with sour cream and cooper sharp
D: salad w/ homemade dressing, spaghetti squash alfredo

Have a great day, everyone!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #1235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Your exercise plan is awesome, keep it up! Happy Wednesday to you as well.
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #1236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Maggie! How is zumba going??

Ended up not walking this morning due to a crazy series of events, but that's ok. Next week, for sure!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #1237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Zumba is going fine, but I will be changing things again. I will finish up with the gym by the end of October and also with swimming and water aerobics. Hubby is ready to get back to more walking here at home so I will be doing more of that before the weather changes. It is cold today here in MI only 67 degrees today but no rain so a great day for walking outdoors. Hubby is down 16.6 lbs. and will be wrapping up his weightloss mode here in a couple of days and than work on maintenance for awhile. He has been experiencing some slight fatigue and hasn't kept up with his walking and wants to get back to it soon. I plan on using my treadmill here at home as well as my stationary bike and will more than likely get the Zumba DVD for home use. My plan is to use the gym like May through October and than exercise at home from November through April, I like to change things because I become restless with the same routines. It's just how I am. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #1238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday, Christine!! Your routine sounds grueling. You are a machine!

I wanna be a machine...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #1239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Throw some chicken breasts in the crockpot
Top with 3/4 bottle of wing sauce (I use one particular brand because it's 0g carb; I can't recall what it is. Frank's wing sauce, maybe? Just check the labels carefully as there is a huge difference among brands)
Throw in 1 brick cream cheese and 1 envelope dry ranch (or make your own dry ranch mix, like I do. There are recipes online, and it's very simple)

Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. For the carb eaters in my house, I serve it on a steak roll. For me, I just dump it into a dish, and if I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I might top it with cheese .

The next day, I eat it cold, and it's like chicken salad but flavored like wings! Simple and delicious. In fact, the first time I made it, DH said it was the most exciting dinner I've ever made. He's a weirdo.
Hi Christine, thanks for posting this recipe and also for stopping by.
I've read some of your journal and it's very motivating for me. I look forward to reading more of it. Good luck, I'll be back
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #1240

I am going to make that chicken it sounds good for lunch I need to eat better lunches I am freaking starving!!!! I have to eat at 11:30 by 5:00 I am a ravenous vulture, LOL I need a snack one thing we are not allowed to eat at our desks that is the best thing ever!!! Love that! No more eating 1/2 can of almonds at a time, LOL
Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #1241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Hi Christine, thanks for posting this recipe and also for stopping by.
I've read some of your journal and it's very motivating for me. I look forward to reading more of it. Good luck, I'll be back
Thanks!! Glad to see you, and good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I am going to make that chicken it sounds good for lunch I need to eat better lunches I am freaking starving!!!! I have to eat at 11:30 by 5:00 I am a ravenous vulture, LOL I need a snack one thing we are not allowed to eat at our desks that is the best thing ever!!! Love that! No more eating 1/2 can of almonds at a time, LOL
It totally makes a difference! I assume you can have a drink though, right? No excuses for not drinking water all day. As for the chicken, it would be perfect for you to take for lunch because when it's cold, it's like chicken salad. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Happy Wednesday, Christine!! Your routine sounds grueling. You are a machine!

I wanna be a machine...
I think "machine mode" is the only way I survive, Blonde: Must not think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Zumba is going fine, but I will be changing things again. I will finish up with the gym by the end of October and also with swimming and water aerobics. Hubby is ready to get back to more walking here at home so I will be doing more of that before the weather changes. It is cold today here in MI only 67 degrees today but no rain so a great day for walking outdoors. Hubby is down 16.6 lbs. and will be wrapping up his weightloss mode here in a couple of days and than work on maintenance for awhile. He has been experiencing some slight fatigue and hasn't kept up with his walking and wants to get back to it soon. I plan on using my treadmill here at home as well as my stationary bike and will more than likely get the Zumba DVD for home use. My plan is to use the gym like May through October and than exercise at home from November through April, I like to change things because I become restless with the same routines. It's just how I am. Thanks for asking.
I like to change it up, too! Your plan sounds great, and I wish you and hubs continued success!!

Came home last night to discover that the pork roast I had planned to make had spoiled in the refrigerator. Seriously, I rarely buy meat at the grocery store and that's why!!! ANYWAY, fortunately, I hadn't frozen the chicken I bought at the butcher, so I made quasi-breaded baked chicken for myself and real baked chicken for the boys. My version was coated with mayonnaise and then rolled in ground flax/parm. Their version was coated with mayo and rolled in bread crumbs/parm. I put a dollop of butter on mine before eating, and it was delicious. I don't know about flax for everyone, though; it has a unique flavor.....kind of nutty, I guess? I normally just use it as a binding agent. This is really the first time I've used it as anything else, and I'd eat it again. Pretty sure the boys wouldn't, though. Anyway, baked chicken and green beans for me, mashed potatoes for them, and everyone's happy.

But that was my plan for TONIGHT's dinner. Now I need to come up with something else, and I'm certain it will involve going to the store (AGAIN. I just stopped yesterday for HWC). Planning healthy and nutritious meals is going to be the death of me, I swear.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday! Off to the gym for what I know is going to be a killer workout (raised laterals? Pull-ups? Dips? The only dip I want involves sour cream. ).
Old 09-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #1242

Yes I can still drink all my water we can have water and coffee at our desks or I would be dead! I am the water queen!! LOL

Dips those are killer, OMG and pull ups she has me do them on the smith bar, I cant do a hanging pull up, that is my goal to get to do one of those!!!

Tell me about the grocery store it is like I am always there!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #1243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ditto, me too the grocery store! Plus, my fridge is full and there's nothing to eat.

Enjoy your workout, I'm so stoked that you can do these things. Maybe one day I'll.....nah. LOL!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #1244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Listened to a short podcast by the guy who wrote "The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance" (Phinney is his last name, I believe); good stuff right there, and a good reminder that it takes 2-4 weeks to become fully keto-adapted (a good reminder of that is on another thread about exercise, but I can't locate it at the moment!). I need to remember that: Clean eating EVERY day. No slips.

I made the mistake of getting on the scale. I don't FEEL that heavy. But TOM plus heavy lifting plus my less-than-stellar eating on Sunday......yeah. It makes sense. Hoping to see some good changes soon!

Lifted hard yesterday, hated the lats, dips, and pull-ups, but because I have a nice little packet that I printed out to keep track of my progress, I can already see that I'm doing better than last week. That's exactly what I need to see in order to stay with it. A little bit of movement each week.

Food was as follows:

B: Coffee with hwc
S: HB egg
L: Salad with bacon, bleu cheese, chicken salad, egg salad, pickles; coffee
S: Coffee with hwc
D: LC Pizza (crust made with mozzarella and cheese; sauce made with tomato paste, water, and spices)

Even the family loved the pizza! How's that for incredible?!?!

BINGO fund-raiser for DS's school tonight (I hate bingo. Fortunately, I'm volunteering so I won't have to play), where I'm sure the food will be crap. Planning to eat a big salad before we go.

So glad it's Friday!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #1245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by my journal! Yours is far more interesting including recipes, amazing workouts, etc. so I think I'll hang here instead!

Quote:
Is it weird to feel your own abs?
No. It IS weird to fondle klondike bars, however.

We are kindred spirits and when I read that you lovingly touched the klondike bar, I knew I wanted to be your friend!

Thanks for the reminder about coating chicken breasts with mayo before something else (parm or even crushed pork rinds!) I think I'm going to do that for dinner with pork rinds. DH is dairy intolerant which makes it challenging to cook low carb that is DH friendly. I don't know how to cook low carb without adding cream and cheese to everything!

Is there a weight training book or protocol you are following? I need to get back to some strength training....

Have a good day!!

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #1246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know, DG, the fact is that those Klondike bars were asking for it, what with their choice to enrobe themselves in dark chocolate. I mean, really. What do they expect, sitting in the freezer like that???

Dairy intolerant? Does.Not.Compute. I think I might die if that were me. I love my dairy and cook with it often!! I love coating chicken with pork rinds! DH has a sensitive palate, though, and sometimes it's too much for him, so I often make his with plain ol' panko (lately, jalepeno panko, which is quite amazing. I tried only a little bit!).

As for a workout plan, I am following something I found online at a certain body building website. I can't post the link but if you google "the female training bible," you'll find it.

I just finished week two! Can I just say how much I hate lunges? That is all.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #1247
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine! lol about the Klondike bars...I love your chicken recipes and would like to make a pizza soon, do you just mix the cheese in a pan? I hope you have a good day!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #1248

Christine-
I got all the stuff to make the chicken, I got Franks Hot Sauce? You think that is right or should I get wing sauce? Redners had all chicken 40% off so I loaded up and frankly cant wait for dinner Monday night to try it!!!!

I seriously think that working our hard and heavy like I have been doing makes you gain it is maddening, but man I feel the jiggle firming up, you do get back in shape pretty quickly once you hit it hard!!! Lunges suck but they are good for us!!

So I met this guy at work that lost 135 pounds I am meeting his exercise guru tomorrow for a bootcamp workout and then I am hoping to pay him to come to my gym and give me a workout plan and nutrition plan that cannot be carb heavy, that much I know I cant eat 300 carbs of anything and lose weight! The guy that lost weight is diabetic and he said he eats pretty low carb so I am hoping this guy is on the low carb wagon! I will let you know how it goes, I figure I have 50 minutes at the gym M-F I want to make the most of that 50 minutes I know I should be running at night but I have no desire or inclination it sucks after all that work I did but my knee is screwy so I figure best to not mess it up!!!

Anyway rambling away, TGIF!! I have a B-day party for son tomorrow night, cupcakes, ughghg
Old 09-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #1249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd do wing sauce, Amber, but FRH might work too. Just check the carb count on the sauce as they do vary greatly!

Hope boot camp went well!!

Scale for the cheese crust, I mixed 3 eggs with about 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Mix it really well, press into a pan (I used a pie plate), and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes (should brown/firm/crisp). Hope you like it!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #1250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Update part II: Need to leave to pick up my car soon, so this will be quick! Hard workout yesterday; I didn't do the Friday workout last week because I had a conference. I was feeling it before bed last night! My quads and glutes were screaming! I hope it helps, anyway.

Food was as follows:

B: Coffee, hwc, fat bomb
L: Cobb salad (amazing)
S: Coffee w/ hwc
D: Fat bomb

Didn't enter my food yet, but I'm hoping to keep fat at or near 80%. It must have been close because I wasn't hungry at all yesterday.

Off for a busy day today: Pick up my car, do a presentation at work, stop by a student event, then science project with DS. I am so over collecting leaves for this project!!!!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #1251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Scale for the cheese crust, I mixed 3 eggs with about 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Mix it really well, press into a pan (I used a pie plate), and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes (should brown/firm/crisp). Hope you like it!
Thank you, thank you! That sounds so easy and good!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #1252

Hey Christine workout was good except I totally jerked my back on a deadlift, OMG my back is now killing me, lots of running and jumping squats, I made an appt with him this morning for a consult, I gotta get back on track and I am hoping he can help!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #1253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Christine!

Good to read what you've been up to over the past few days...busy lady that you are!

I had to laugh when you talked about the collection of leaves for DS and the project. I remember distinctly doing that with my mom way back when for my school assignment. Have fun!!!

Your workouts sound good and tough. Thanks as well for sharing about that cheese crust. I am always looking for more LC recipe ideas.

Have a great day, friend!

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #1254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back, Jenna!!! Great to see you.

Amber, I hope your back is ok! That dead lift is a tough one. I do it on the bar that's supported on a rack (not sure what it's called), but I still have to be careful to make sure I'm feeling only my back muscles work; otherwise, I'm afraid of pulling something. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Made an interesting pancake experiment this morning. I didn't have a full brick of cream cheese, and I modified it a bit, but here is the original recipe (found it on Pinterest but I think it's from SF Sheila):

1 brick cream cheese
5 eggs
splash vanilla
sweetener if desired (I used xylitol; recipe calls for splenda)

So I had about half a brick of cream cheese. I softened it, beat it in my Ninja, then added 3 eggs, one at a time. I added the vanilla, some cinnamon, and a few shakes from my bag of ground flax (to offset the egginess. I wanted it to me more like an actual pancake). Then I fried the batter in coconut oil.

The outside got really crispy and the inside was still somewhat eggy. Next time, I bet the full brick of cc will help that. Also, maybe I'll fry in canola instead of CO. Either way, I ate it with some butter and could only eat a few bites because it was that filling! DH wasn't thrilled, but for someone with a high tolerance for weirdness (like me! ) it would be fine. Going to try it the real way next weekend.

Worked in the yard a bit, now heading out for some grocery shopping (fun). Meals are planned for the week, so staying on plan shouldn't be an issue. TOM will be departing any time soon, so I'll be feeling less bloated (I hope!).

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
You know, DG, the fact is that those Klondike bars were asking for it, what with their choice to enrobe themselves in dark chocolate. I mean, really. What do they expect, sitting in the freezer like that???

Quote:
As for a workout plan, I am following something I found online at a certain body building website. I can't post the link but if you google "the female training bible," you'll find it.
Got it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Christine-
I got all the stuff to make the chicken, I got Franks Hot Sauce? You think that is right or should I get wing sauce? Redners had all chicken 40% off so I loaded up and frankly cant wait for dinner Monday night to try it!!!!
I made some of this day before yesterday! (I should have come back here and mentioned it!!) I put chicken breasts in the crock pot with whatever the LC (I believe it was Franks) WING sauce. I used the whole bottle of sauce for 3 large breasts. (well, not the largest breasts I've seen commercially raised - large for organic chicken from my own experience) Anyway, DH shredded the chicken in there. Very HOT but good! My whole house smelled like Hooters for several hours. I kept telling DH NO I WILL NOT BE YOUR WAITRESS!!

Quote:
So I met this guy at work that lost 135 pounds I am meeting his exercise guru tomorrow for a bootcamp workout and then I am hoping to pay him to come to my gym and give me a workout plan and nutrition plan that cannot be carb heavy, that much I know I cant eat 300 carbs of anything and lose weight! The guy that lost weight is diabetic and he said he eats pretty low carb so I am hoping this guy is on the low carb wagon! I will let you know how it goes, I figure I have 50 minutes at the gym M-F I want to make the most of that 50 minutes I know I should be running at night but I have no desire or inclination it sucks after all that work I did but my knee is screwy so I figure best to not mess it up!!!
I can't wait to read more about that! Congrats to your work friend who lost 135. Congrats to YOU on your success my dear! You look fab in your avatar, for the 205439573957th time.

OK. I really gotta hit the books. I'm having trouble with my homework mojo the last couple of weeks!

Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Christine, I always like checking in for a new recipe, tyty.

Have a good one!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #1257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, ladies!! Glad you had success with the recipe, DG, even if DH did not have success with his quest for a personal waitress.

Here's what I made last night, and it was capital-A-mazing. Seems like you're basic roasted chicken, but oh no. The skin was delicious. Two keys, high heat and parmesan cheese:

Clean your chicken (whole or pieces; I used whole); set oven to 425

Melt 1 stick of butter on low heat. Add the following (remember that I don't measure, so use your judgment!):

Garlic powder
Poultry seasoning (mine is a mix of cumin, oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc. whatever)
Paprika
Grated parm cheese (I probably added about 1/4 cup)

Mix it all up until it's fragrant. Pour over chicken, coating thoroughly. Oh, line your pan with foil; that helped a LOT with clean-up.

Bake chicken for 20 minutes, then lower temp to 400 for 40 minutes (you can also fill the cavity if you want: onions, lemon, whatever. I don't really do that because I'm lazy).

Once the chicken is done (reaches 190 on meat thermometer), remove and cover with foil for 15 minutes, then carve (if whole). Delicious! I turned the drippings into gravy for DH, and he loved it.

Nutrition was good yesterday; Saturday, not so much. Today is a new day. Worked in the yard yesterday, and ate as follows:

B: Coffee, hwc, bacon
S: Coffee
L: Coffee, probably
D: Chicken, salad
S: One salami/cheese roll-up with hot mustard

Have a great day!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #1258

Christine the chicken is in the crockpot 4 pounds of it, LOL I am hoping to eat it for lunch, I ran the calories in the thing, 505 and 6 carbs with the sauce I got, 64 grams of protein, it is a big serving since I am eating just salad with it, but it looks good raw, LOL I found Sweet baby rays wing marinade and sauce, 2 carbs per serving, I thought the franks would be too hot.

Here is my fav pancake recipe, these are delicious the kids ask for them the Jay Robb is expensive but worth it
Protein Pancakes

2 eggs
½ c cottage cheese
2T almond or skim milk
2 packets of splenda or your choice of sweetener
2 t. baking powder
¼ C vanilla protein powder
¼ C Jay Robb vanilla egg white powder

Whirl in blender and let stand for 3 minutes, pour and make like traditional pancakes.

My back is still hurting but slightly better, you use the smith bar, that might be better, man did I tweak it!!!

Here is to a good week!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #1259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummy chicken recipe Christine, going to have this tonight with hubby! Keep them coming me likey! I am the lazy one when it comes to trying and cooking new recipes, I have to copy off of others.
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #1260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm pretty lazy, too, Maggie! I prefer to use others' recipes and am always on the lookout for them!

Woke up feeling pretty bloated; not sure what that's about. Also not feeling the usual water loss I feel when LC. I wonder if I've hit the wall on this. Time will tell! Food yesterday:

B: Coffee, hwc
S: 2 hb eggs
L: Turkey/cheese roll-ups
S: Coffee, hwc
D: 3 eggs, cream cheese, 1 slice jack cheese, cucumbers