Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
That new decade is sure teasing you. Tell the weight gods that you have already learned the lessons and can let GO of the pounds already!!!

And, I agree with Dawn. I hope you can take your cold to bed and rest at least part of the weekend.

Feel better
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Sorry that you are not feeling well. My husband has a cold too right now and feels like crap. I am wondering how long it will take before my DD & SD have his cold symptoms. All three of them are susceptible to cold viruses.

to you for getting back to your 190 where you were! This weight fluctuation thing is too much to deal with sometimes.

If you are not feeling up to painting those rooms you really shouldn't be. You have been talking about Zumba do you take a class at your work? Have you tried the Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred? It is quick. You can go to Amazon.com and download it there for $6 and have it on your computer/laptop and take it to any room you would like to do your exercises in. It is hard but it goes by fast.
I'm hoping DS and DH don't pick up this cold. It's bad enough when "Mom" is sick, but when the boys are sick, FORGET IT!!! Drama, drama. Well, mostly DH. DS is a pretty good patient!

I haven't tried the shred, but I keep hearing people talk about it. Maybe I will give it a go, especially over the holidays. I'd like to be able to do something here at home. Zumba is through work, yes. It's mostly people from the community who attend, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
That new decade is sure teasing you. Tell the weight gods that you have already learned the lessons and can let GO of the pounds already!!!

And, I agree with Dawn. I hope you can take your cold to bed and rest at least part of the weekend.

Feel better
I hope so too, thanks. I'm pretty good early in the day, but by late afternoon and early evening, I start feeling worse. Overnight is terrible as well. So I hope to get some things done and then take a rest!

I also failed to mention that I added more calories in the past two days: HWC to my shake instead of labne. I wonder if that helped.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1973 View Post
I'm hoping DS and DH don't pick up this cold. It's bad enough when "Mom" is sick, but when the boys are sick, FORGET IT!!! Drama, drama. Well, mostly DH. DS is a pretty good patient!

I haven't tried the shred, but I keep hearing people talk about it. Maybe I will give it a go, especially over the holidays. I'd like to be able to do something here at home. Zumba is through work, yes. It's mostly people from the community who attend, though.

I hope so too, thanks. I'm pretty good early in the day, but by late afternoon and early evening, I start feeling worse. Overnight is terrible as well. So I hope to get some things done and then take a rest!

I also failed to mention that I added more calories in the past two days: HWC to my shake instead of labne. I wonder if that helped.
So sorry you're not feeling well, I'm in the same boat and for sure overnight is the worst[B]

I'm so excited for you to hit 189! I tell people about years ago when I was thin...I weight 117 for 5 minutes. I don't think I'll ever get there again but If I could make 149 I'd be so proud! I'm only 5'5" and my "idea"l weight is 125 to 150...I could be happy with 149.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FINALLY.

I knew today would be the day. I typically weigh myself before I go to bed at night so that I know what I'm in for the next morning (I'm typically 2 lbs lower in the am), and last night I was 191, so I knew it was coming. I am happy to see that on the scale, and I expect that it will stick.

Of course, now I'm thinking about whether or not I can see 179 by the middle of January and 16X by my birthday (late February).

These mini-goals help me tremendously. I can't focus on losing another 40 lbs, but I can focus on losing 10.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
HOORAY for you!

You earned this lower weight, friend! Well done
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
HOORAY for you!

You earned this lower weight, friend! Well done
Thanks! I'm now officially just "overweight" according to the BMI and not "obese." Well, for today, anyway!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

FINALLY.

I knew today would be the day. I typically weigh myself before I go to bed at night so that I know what I'm in for the next morning (I'm typically 2 lbs lower in the am), and last night I was 191, so I knew it was coming. I am happy to see that on the scale, and I expect that it will stick.

Of course, now I'm thinking about whether or not I can see 179 by the middle of January and 16X by my birthday (late February).

These mini-goals help me tremendously. I can't focus on losing another 40 lbs, but I can focus on losing 10.
WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
YEAHHHHHHHHH
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

188.0 today

So thrilled to see a weight that begins at "18" for two days in a row!! I honestly think I'm happier about this than I was about breaking the 200 mark. I think it's because I specifically remember the 180s, just like I remember the 170s (which is why I set my goal at 170 for now). I remember feeling healthy and strong at 170.

Last night, DH and I were in the grocery store, and I randomly told him that I was creeping ever closer to the 50 lb. loss mark. He said he couldn't believe it, that he never imagined I even had 50 lbs to lose (I carry weight well, remember, so I don't think people looked at me like I was obese). I said to him, "I am only going to ask you this once: How did you let me get so fat???"

He said that he knew I was mostly joking when I said that, but that really, what's a guy to do? I said that I really needed some help in the future, though, to keep myself accountable because I know how this process works. First it's a dessert here and there, then it's a cocktail at night, and the next thing you know I'm closing down the local Chinese buffet. I told him that I can convince myself so easily to do this or to NOT do this, and I really need him to help me be accountable for DOING IT. I can hear things from him in a way that I can't hear it from other people or see it for myself, so as much as I hate to spread any responsibility for this process onto anyone else, I really think I am going to need his help.

I'm lucky to have him. He is truly my best friend in this world and just has a way about him that makes me "get it."

Back to the gym today. Zumba tomorrow (I hope. I need to check my schedule), and swimming on Thursday and Friday. Heading out to pick up our tree on Saturday, and this is the first time in at least five years that I'm actually thinking about taking a camera. I've been keeping my distance from the camera lens for a long time. That's a pretty sad statement and indicative of how easily I can skirt the truth about my weight.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
188.0 today

So thrilled to see a weight that begins at "18" for two days in a row!! I honestly think I'm happier about this than I was about breaking the 200 mark. I think it's because I specifically remember the 180s, just like I remember the 170s (which is why I set my goal at 170 for now). I remember feeling healthy and strong at 170.

Last night, DH and I were in the grocery store, and I randomly told him that I was creeping ever closer to the 50 lb. loss mark. He said he couldn't believe it, that he never imagined I even had 50 lbs to lose (I carry weight well, remember, so I don't think people looked at me like I was obese). I said to him, "I am only going to ask you this once: How did you let me get so fat???"

He said that he knew I was mostly joking when I said that, but that really, what's a guy to do? I said that I really needed some help in the future, though, to keep myself accountable because I know how this process works. First it's a dessert here and there, then it's a cocktail at night, and the next thing you know I'm closing down the local Chinese buffet. I told him that I can convince myself so easily to do this or to NOT do this, and I really need him to help me be accountable for DOING IT. I can hear things from him in a way that I can't hear it from other people or see it for myself, so as much as I hate to spread any responsibility for this process onto anyone else, I really think I am going to need his help.

I'm lucky to have him. He is truly my best friend in this world and just has a way about him that makes me "get it."

Back to the gym today. Zumba tomorrow (I hope. I need to check my schedule), and swimming on Thursday and Friday. Heading out to pick up our tree on Saturday, and this is the first time in at least five years that I'm actually thinking about taking a camera. I've been keeping my distance from the camera lens for a long time. That's a pretty sad statement and indicative of how easily I can skirt the truth about my weight.
Yeah Christine!!!!! How exciting! I just love you and your DH!!!!! Take lots of pictures.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I said to him, "I am only going to ask you this once: How did you let me get so fat???"

You are a brave woman. I have never been good with anyone being my food police. I wish I could. It's like that weird smoking addiction "Love me, love my cigarettes". I know I've gained all this weight over the years and my husband has said next to nothing about it. He tells me I'm beautiful. I figure he's blind. You've made me wonder though "How did I let myself get so fat"? How does this happen? How does someone put their hand in a bag of chips or eat bread with dinner or have a few too many glasses of wine and wind up 100 pounds over weight? You have given me a lot to think about, Christine. Congrats on your downward trend into the crazy 180's. You deserve it, you've worked really hard....and I'm right behind you!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I said to him, "I am only going to ask you this once: How did you let me get so fat???"

You are a brave woman. I have never been good with anyone being my food police. I wish I could. It's like that weird smoking addiction "Love me, love my cigarettes". I know I've gained all this weight over the years and my husband has said next to nothing about it. He tells me I'm beautiful. I figure he's blind. You've made me wonder though "How did I let myself get so fat"? How does this happen? How does someone put their hand in a bag of chips or eat bread with dinner or have a few too many glasses of wine and wind up 100 pounds over weight? You have given me a lot to think about, Christine. Congrats on your downward trend into the crazy 180's. You deserve it, you've worked really hard....and I'm right behind you!
It's a sensitive issue, for sure, and I really need to check myself to ensure that I'm going to be able to avoid getting defensive. I am pretty sensitive to any behavior that I perceive as patriarchal (DH is well aware of that ), so catching me at the wrong moment with the wrong word could be deadly......for him. I doubt he'd ever actually say a word to me about it, quite honestly. And like you, I did some soul searching as well. How did I let myself get here? I'll have more to say about that tomorrow.

Thanks for your good wishes!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

189 today, and I am totally ok with that. I expect to bounce around the 180s all month long (if my spreadsheet is any indication!!!), and as long as it begins with a 1 and an 8, I am totally fine.

Teaching my last social justice class of the semester today, and it was fascinating to me to see how my course material so easily aligned with the process of weight loss.

Example: When we discuss poverty in class, my students (typically white, middle-class) will sometimes say that if people want to be out of poverty, then they need to JUST DO IT (well, the brave ones say this!). They need to take the opportunities that the "land of the free" offers, and get themselves out of poverty.

Well, I say. Thank you for your observation. However, if it's so easy to JUST DO IT, why then are you "stuck" in the middle class, my friends? Why aren't you members of the "owning class," out there running worldwide corporations? You have education, you have the internetz.....what is your plan for becoming a multi-billionaire? How will you JUST DO IT?

Hm. Silence.

So anyway, I hear people say things about people who are overweight that run along the same lines: You know, if they'd just cut calories and exercise, they wouldn't be fat.

Orly? Clearly this statement comes from people who have never struggled with weight loss, from someone who fails to recognize the many, many variables that influence one's ability to lose weight.

Just like most Americans fail to recognize the many, many variables that affect one's ability to change his socio-economic status (the very first of which is the lack of equal, quality education in this country for K-12, but I will not get started on that topic or else we'll be here all day. It's my hot-button issue because let me just tell you this: Providing equal, quality education to ALL CHILDREN in this country would significantly reduce the majority of social problems 20 years from now. Mark my words. But apparently we think it's better to incarcerate our citizens than to educate them. Awesome!).

ANYWAY, the fact is that I'm tired of hearing JUST DO IT. I'm tired of people failing to recognize that people who find themselves in various situations are not always there because they WANT to be there, and it's not always as simple as just "doing it" to get out.

It's not always as simple as calories in, calories out.

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 12-07-2010 at 04:46 AM..
Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
189 today, and I am totally ok with that. I expect to bounce around the 180s all month long (if my spreadsheet is any indication!!!), and as long as it begins with a 1 and an 8, I am totally fine.

Teaching my last social justice class of the semester today, and it was fascinating to me to see how my course material so easily aligned with the process of weight loss.

Example: When we discuss poverty in class, my students (typically white, middle-class) will sometimes say that if people want to be out of poverty, then they need to JUST DO IT (well, the brave ones say this!). They need to take the opportunities that the "land of the free" offers, and get themselves out of poverty.

Well, I say. Thank you for your observation. However, if it's so easy to JUST DO IT, why then are you "stuck" in the middle class, my friends? Why aren't you members of the "owning class," out there running worldwide corporations? You have education, you have the internetz.....what is your plan for becoming a multi-billionaire? How will you JUST DO IT?

Hm. Silence.

So anyway, I hear people say things about people who are overweight that run along the same lines: You know, if they'd just cut calories and exercise, they wouldn't be fat.

Orly? Clearly this statement comes from people who have never struggled with weight loss, from someone who fails to recognize the many, many variables that influence one's ability to lose weight.

Just like most Americans fail to recognize the many, many variables that affect one's ability to change his socio-economic status (the very first of which is the lack of equal, quality education in this country for K-12, but I will not get started on that topic or else we'll be here all day. It's my hot-button issue because let me just tell you this: Providing equal, quality education to ALL CHILDREN in this country would significantly reduce the majority of social problems 20 years from now. Mark my words. But apparently we think it's better to incarcerate our citizens than to educate them. Awesome!).

ANYWAY, the fact is that I'm tired of hearing JUST DO IT. I'm tired of people failing to recognize that people who find themselves in various situations are not always there because they WANT to be there, and it's not always as simple as just "doing it" to get out.

Amen, Sista.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hm. Silence.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A new low. This is what I mean about exercise: I haven't really done any serious work in the past.....ten days? Scheduling, illness, etc. I did get into the gym, but my "hard-core" stuff is on the back burner. No Zumba class was scheduled yesterday, and I don't think my schedule will permit me to get there until Friday. Swimming on Thursday, I hope! Anyway, my point is that I've had no real exercise but continue to lose because of nutrition.

I'm so pleased that I've been able to keep up with daily weighing. That's a huge factor for me in terms of accountability. Blonde, you were talking about what led you to the point where you are today. For me, I know that part of is was sheer avoidance. I did not recognize the magnitude of the situation (or the magnitude of my a$$ ) because I never stepped on that scale.

In fact, I even went so far as to skip my annual exam one year because I was so avoidant.

That, my friends, is troubling pathology.

Such deep denial in a person who -- otherwise -- is extremely honest and upfront about her faults. When DH and I met, I informed him that emotionally I am a quarter-inch deep. I do not typically process things emotionally in the way other people do; I am ruled by reason and logic and while I am extremely empathic, don't try to play any emotional cards with me because it won't work. So anyway, I know what I am and I am honest about what I can, cannot, will, and will not do, but I was in the deepest denial I have ever known. I simply refused to acknowledge what I was doing to myself. It was as though I was removed from it. Someone was getting fat, but it wasn't ME. On the inside, I wasn't THAT. But on the outside, I was that. And I finally had to recognize that I was on a destructive path that would soon compromise my good health --- the foundation upon which my entire precarious existence is built.

That's finally what shocked me into reality, the idea that if something happens to me health-wise, it's not me who will suffer most. It's DS and DH, and how can I legitimately claim to cherish these people above all else if I am not willing to do the one thing that will ensure that they will be cared for?

If there is one thing I hate, people, it's hypocrisy, and I was the living, breathing embodiment of it.

So now I face it. I step on that scale every single morning, even on days when I'm lying in bed knowing that I have some extra water weight or that I haven't made progress in a few days or that I am dealing with PMS or whatever. I do it to stay honest, and I do it because if I don't, I am deeply fearful that I'll crawl right back into the darkness of denial.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

A new low. This is what I mean about exercise: I haven't really done any serious work in the past.....ten days? Scheduling, illness, etc. I did get into the gym, but my "hard-core" stuff is on the back burner. No Zumba class was scheduled yesterday, and I don't think my schedule will permit me to get there until Friday. Swimming on Thursday, I hope! Anyway, my point is that I've had no real exercise but continue to lose because of nutrition.

I'm so pleased that I've been able to keep up with daily weighing. That's a huge factor for me in terms of accountability. Blonde, you were talking about what led you to the point where you are today. For me, I know that part of is was sheer avoidance. I did not recognize the magnitude of the situation (or the magnitude of my a$$ ) because I never stepped on that scale.

In fact, I even went so far as to skip my annual exam one year because I was so avoidant.

That, my friends, is troubling pathology.

Such deep denial in a person who -- otherwise -- is extremely honest and upfront about her faults. When DH and I met, I informed him that emotionally I am a quarter-inch deep. I do not typically process things emotionally in the way other people do; I am ruled by reason and logic and while I am extremely empathic, don't try to play any emotional cards with me because it won't work. So anyway, I know what I am and I am honest about what I can, cannot, will, and will not do, but I was in the deepest denial I have ever known. I simply refused to acknowledge what I was doing to myself. It was as though I was removed from it. Someone was getting fat, but it wasn't ME. On the inside, I wasn't THAT. But on the outside, I was that. And I finally had to recognize that I was on a destructive path that would soon compromise my good health --- the foundation upon which my entire precarious existence is built.

That's finally what shocked me into reality, the idea that if something happens to me health-wise, it's not me who will suffer most. It's DS and DH, and how can I legitimately claim to cherish these people above all else if I am not willing to do the one thing that will ensure that they will be cared for?

If there is one thing I hate, people, it's hypocrisy, and I was the living, breathing embodiment of it.

So now I face it. I step on that scale every single morning, even on days when I'm lying in bed knowing that I have some extra water weight or that I haven't made progress in a few days or that I am dealing with PMS or whatever. I do it to stay honest, and I do it because if I don't, I am deeply fearful that I'll crawl right back into the darkness of denial.
I don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to say and ask you if I told you how much I you? You are awesome! It is funny, we are a lot alike!!!! So does that make me awesome too?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to say and ask you if I told you how much I you? You are awesome! It is funny, we are a lot alike!!!! So does that make me awesome too?
Dawn, we are all awesome. The awesomeness of our support group is in itself, awesome!

Christine you are one smart Cookie. It's never easy to look inside and see our faults, the true nature of denial is to be oblivious. I have a friend who was raised to think that looking in the mirror is vanity. That putting on makeup or perfume is vanity. We've been friends for years and it's still, at times, not okay for her to care about herself. The point I'm trying to make is this: If we can't love and care for ourselves, how can we love and care for others. Even the totally unselfish will help themselves in the name of family. You make me wonder if I should weigh everyday......Denial is a river in Egypt.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You're definitely awesome, Dawn!!!!

Quote:
Dawn, we are all awesome. The awesomeness of our support group is in itself, awesome!

Christine you are one smart Cookie. It's never easy to look inside and see our faults, the true nature of denial is to be oblivious. I have a friend who was raised to think that looking in the mirror is vanity. That putting on makeup or perfume is vanity. We've been friends for years and it's still, at times, not okay for her to care about herself. The point I'm trying to make is this: If we can't love and care for ourselves, how can we love and care for others. Even the totally unselfish will help themselves in the name of family. You make me wonder if I should weigh everyday......Denial is a river in Egypt.
You are exactly right: We are no good to anyone else if we aren't caring for ourselves. But we're so accustomed to putting ourselves last. I have to say that weighing every day is what works for me. I know people have different philosophies related to doing it daily, but what I have come to realize about myself is that without that daily accountability, I will DROWN in DENIAL.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:31 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's kind of rare, I think, for me to have the same weight two days in a row. I'll have to check my spread sheet to verify.

I'm seeing a new PCP today to deal with what I believe is H pylori. She's a friend of someone on my staff, so I feel like I know her philosophy already (not ultra pharm, willing to explore various options, willing to listen to the patient) which is why I am willing to actually go. I don't really have a PCP to speak of; I've been treated at urgent care for a few acute issues over the years, but I haven't established an ongoing relationship with a PCP. Since I'm encroaching 40, I feel like it's time to make that happen.

I bet she'll tell me I'm OBESE.

And then I will dazzle her with my nearly-5-month progress.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's kind of rare, I think, for me to have the same weight two days in a row. I'll have to check my spread sheet to verify.

I'm seeing a new PCP today to deal with what I believe is H pylori. She's a friend of someone on my staff, so I feel like I know her philosophy already (not ultra pharm, willing to explore various options, willing to listen to the patient) which is why I am willing to actually go. I don't really have a PCP to speak of; I've been treated at urgent care for a few acute issues over the years, but I haven't established an ongoing relationship with a PCP. Since I'm encroaching 40, I feel like it's time to make that happen.

I bet she'll tell me I'm OBESE.

And then I will dazzle her with my nearly-5-month progress.
The H-Pylori is the second time in the past week I have heard about that. My SS is 26 and he is being treated for it right now. He started his meds on Sunday and his stomach is still not doing well today. What kind of issues have you been having?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The H-Pylori is the second time in the past week I have heard about that. My SS is 26 and he is being treated for it right now. He started his meds on Sunday and his stomach is still not doing well today. What kind of issues have you been having?
As it turns out, they're treating me for GERD. I was having episodic burning (it happened about once/year over five years). In the past five months, it has happened weekly. So they're giving me the prescription-strength Prilosec, and we'll see what happens!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

That was originally what they treated him with but that didn't do any good. I have begged him to try and cut out some sugar & flour for a few weeks and see if things change. I asked him to try to just eat 'clean" and no processed foods. He is this skinny guy and eats a lot of pasta. What harm would it do to try and eliminate stuff for a while?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That was originally what they treated him with but that didn't do any good. I have begged him to try and cut out some sugar & flour for a few weeks and see if things change. I asked him to try to just eat 'clean" and no processed foods. He is this skinny guy and eats a lot of pasta. What harm would it do to try and eliminate stuff for a while?
Exactly! I tried to get DH to do the same thing for his GERD. He decided to just take Prilosec every day instead.

But NOW, now he is listening to me because he has ulcerative colitis! He can't eat dairy, sugar, and wheat. Tonight he's having some serious sugar withdrawal.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

All I can say is MEN!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
All I can say is MEN!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

187.2 today

For all of my best intentions this week, I have done no serious exercise. Off to the gym twice early in the week, but as for the rest, forget it. My schedule is too much to bear right now. I'm hoping I'll be back to it next week.

Doctor's appointment went well. Both she and her student were impressed with my resting heart rate and BP. Hey, I might be overweight, but I'm in excellent cardio shape! The two do not need to be mutually exclusive!

I have a script for some blood work, which I'm interested in seeing. She's running the full gamut of tests since I'm a new patient, so that should be interesting.

Otherwise, everything is status quo. Nutrition, same. Yesterday's menus was as follows:

B: Protein shake
L: Salad, ham, turkey, green beans (cafeteria)
D: two slices of roast beef, two slices provolone, mayo
S: 2 squares Lindt 85%
Water and tea all day, tea in the evening

I think I have done a good job of cutting out the sodium, for the most part (ham notwithstanding). This week has been good; very little bacon or other salty stuff. I'm just not hungry, in general, for the most part! But the challenges are upon us, aren't they? Holiday parties and dinners and drinking and ........oh my.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One of the things I like best about daily tracking is that it's a good representation of "normal" weight fluctuations. I don't typically change what I eat from one day to the next; pretty much the same types of things, even if not the same exact things. So my going up 1.4 lbs since yesterday means to me that this is just a natural adjustment and not the result of some behavior. That's a good and bad thing, of course. Good in that it's out of my control, and bad in that it's out of my control.

I am still dealing with body issues, though. DS has a little digital camera of his own (nothing fancy; probably the first one we ever had) and he was snapping some random pictures last night. He then showed them to me, and I realized that although I lost 40-something pounds, I am by no means thin. That fact is brutally apparent when I look at the pictures. I tend to carry a lot of weight in my face, which is one of the reasons I've stayed away from cameras for the past six years. It's a little disheartening, actually, to look in the mirror and see one thing, then look at the pictures and see something else. I always tell DH that I have positive body dysmorphia, in that I think I look better than I really do. But then I see the pictures, and...........

And it's not that I'm hyper-critical; I'm not. I know a good picture of myself when I see it, and I believe that I am an objective observer in such matters. Anyway, all of this reflection is the short way of saying that I'm probably staying out of any pictures we take today!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

One of the things I like best about daily tracking is that it's a good representation of "normal" weight fluctuations. I don't typically change what I eat from one day to the next; pretty much the same types of things, even if not the same exact things. So my going up 1.4 lbs since yesterday means to me that this is just a natural adjustment and not the result of some behavior. That's a good and bad thing, of course. Good in that it's out of my control, and bad in that it's out of my control.

I am still dealing with body issues, though. DS has a little digital camera of his own (nothing fancy; probably the first one we ever had) and he was snapping some random pictures last night. He then showed them to me, and I realized that although I lost 40-something pounds, I am by no means thin. That fact is brutally apparent when I look at the pictures. I tend to carry a lot of weight in my face, which is one of the reasons I've stayed away from cameras for the past six years. It's a little disheartening, actually, to look in the mirror and see one thing, then look at the pictures and see something else. I always tell DH that I have positive body dysmorphia, in that I think I look better than I really do. But then I see the pictures, and...........

And it's not that I'm hyper-critical; I'm not. I know a good picture of myself when I see it, and I believe that I am an objective observer in such matters. Anyway, all of this reflection is the short way of saying that I'm probably staying out of any pictures we take today!
I laughed when I read that! I tell people I have "body dysmorphic disorder" only I think I'm hot. lol
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I laughed when I read that! I tell people I have "body dysmorphic disorder" only I think I'm hot. lol
That is totally me!!!!