Christine! Hope your doing well.
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hello again! Crazy busy week is finally OVER.

Unfortunately, it pretty much involved cake every day.

And no exercise.

It was way too hot to run, but I'm hoping I can get back to it starting this week!! I think the mini-heatwave has passed. I hope so, anyway!!

Here's to moving forward!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Hello again! Crazy busy week is finally OVER.

Unfortunately, it pretty much involved cake every day.

And no exercise.

It was way too hot to run, but I'm hoping I can get back to it starting this week!! I think the mini-heatwave has passed. I hope so, anyway!!

Here's to moving forward!
Cake? Are you eating it or making it, or is it just there?

It's been hot here too. I tried to do a little yard work yesterday and I didn't last very long. I forgot what it was like to sweat.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #1084
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Cake? Are you eating it or making it, or is it just there?
Yes.

And I need to stay away from it!! Yesterday: Day One of No Cake.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes.

And I need to stay away from it!! Yesterday: Day One of No Cake.
Step away from the cake!! I repeat...STEP A-WAY FROM THE CAKE!!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #1086
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Christine- man the heat was a bugger here, I guess it is cooler now, it seems that way at least we really didnt get much of a storm last night. Oh the cake!!! A new day cake free, have a good weekend!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good lord woman, do we need to stage an intervention for you! Cake..... prolly my most favorite food group on the planet!

Hot....hmmmm, yes, well....

Melanie, I wish I was able to forget what it was like to sweat. Just breathing around here causes one to break out into a sweat. I really need to move!!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #1088
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Melanie, I wish I was able to forget what it was like to sweat. Just breathing around here causes one to break out into a sweat. I really need to move!!!!
I didn't mean I never sweat. I meant the sweat you get from work
Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #1089
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
I didn't mean I never sweat. I meant the sweat you get from work
No, I knew what you meant honey. I'm just a big ole whiny baby about where I live. And yeah, me no likey the sweaty thing. At. All.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Short Term Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Oh Christine all I have for you is this and this but am soooo happy you are having "no cake" days. I really have to keep that sort of stuff out of my house and I don't bake anymore, well only on birthdays and it is low in carbs but that is hard enough for me to have around. This getting to a healthier us is a slippery slope and it has it ups and downs so you are not alone in "the cake battle."

I am glad to hear that the cake is gone so it won't be troubling you again. Hang in there lady, one day at a time and thank God for new days.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #1091
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
No, I knew what you meant honey. I'm just a big ole whiny baby about where I live. And yeah, me no likey the sweaty thing. At. All.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #1092
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Christine,

SO GLAD that your crazy week is over---you made it!! It's great to have you back again.

I hope your weekend is cake-free, and that you are able to get in a run too.

Take care,

Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #1093
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Glad your back ! Hope it cools down so you can get some exercise in.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #1094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finally got to hit the gym yesterday morning, and then a run plus the gym this morning! My run was terrible (clearly I lost some endurance in the past two weeks!), but the weather was beautiful, and I am pleased to be sitting here feeling the burn of the effort. Because my run was so bad and I had time, I went to the gym to do what I'm actually good at doing, and felt fabulous lifting weights.

Here's a funny/lucky thing: Even after my several days of cake (and two of ice cream; what is wrong with me??? ), I don't have the typical "bloat" and carb crash that usually accompanies that behavior. My theory is that I ate only that one thing on each day: A piece of cake or a serving of ice cream. I didn't spread it out over the day, and I didn't go hog wild.

This information is very important to me because I have always felt that I'll never again enjoy the things I love without gaining weight. I don't think I will LOSE weight engaging in that behavior, but I do think I can MAINTAIN my weight if I don't let loose. One slice of cake after dinner is not going to make me gain back 50 lbs! I need to get a grip.

So while I won't have another week like this (I hope) on my path to weight loss, it's just good to know that I can do minimal damage by keeping myself in check.

Did some swimming on Sunday while DS and his friend played in the pool. It felt good to do some DWR and some laps, and I have to say.....my new size 12 bathing suit doesn't look as awful as I had anticipated. I still have a few spots that look like the pop-n-fresh dough tube, but it's not something that will turn people to stone (I hope).

ETA: Do you find that you get into ketosis faster as your body becomes more accustomed to low-carb life/using fat as fuel? I swear, even after my transgressions, I was back within 24-48 hours.
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 06-26-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #1095
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Here's a funny/lucky thing: Even after my several days of cake (and two of ice cream; what is wrong with me??? ), I don't have the typical "bloat" and carb crash that usually accompanies that behavior. My theory is that I ate only that one thing on each day: A piece of cake or a serving of ice cream. I didn't spread it out over the day, and I didn't go hog wild.

This information is very important to me because I have always felt that I'll never again enjoy the things I love without gaining weight. I don't think I will LOSE weight engaging in that behavior, but I do think I can MAINTAIN my weight if I don't let loose. One slice of cake after dinner is not going to make me gain back 50 lbs! I need to get a grip.
This thought process is HUGE! Being in control of the situation is the whole key. I too struggle with the thought of never being able to enjoy certain things. But I'm getting better at it.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #1096
Senior LCF Member

I want to learn lessons from eating cake too !
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #1097
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good for you Christine, eating cake makes me want to eat more cake, LOL Like it cant be around or I swear it talks to me, and I am not content til it is gone,so usually I shove it down the boy's traps or I end up eating it! LOL

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather it is suppose to turn nasty and hot again! We leave for Myrtle Beach on Sunday
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe if I eat MORE cake, I'll learn MORE lessons!

Amber, have a great time in Myrtle Beach! We went to North Myrtle two years ago and loved it!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Maybe if I eat MORE cake, I'll learn MORE lessons! :hyst
NOOOO!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #1100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Maybe if I eat MORE cake, I'll learn MORE lessons!

Amber, have a great time in Myrtle Beach! We went to North Myrtle two years ago and loved it!
Maybe if the cake is LC? Going to Myrtle Beach next year as well, looking so forward to it!

Have a good Wednesday Christine!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1101
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine!!

It's great to get caught up with you and hear how you are doing. We have been out of town, in Las Vegas, for a couple of days.

I agree with you that if I just eat one carby thing a day, I also maintain my weight and typically don't gain or lose. It's nice to know that we can still have our cake and eat it too, right? With me, I know that if I make it too much of a habit, it will result in bad habits that can LEAD to gains. I've learned along the way, since starting on LC back in April, that I can't beat myself up constantly about every little variance from the plan. We need to be nicer to ourselves.

That's my diatribe for the day! Have a great Wednesday, and I look forward to seeing how your week is going!

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are absolutely right, Jenna, and welcome back from Vegas! Can't wait to get caught up on your adventures.

I'm off with DS today, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing. Pool? Amusement park? Who knows. What I do know is that it's supposed to be HOT today, so I imagine we'll be doing something involving water!

I read this interesting pin on Pinterest about the benefits of running, and one of the points was that running helps you learn about yourself. I think that's true, and do you want to know what I learned about myself?

I am lazy.

I don't really push myself, even though I know I probably should. I'm so easily mentally defeated, which is so odd to me because I'm not that way in other parts of my life. I don't know if it's because running is not natural/wholly enjoyable for me or what, but I give up too early and don't persevere.

This morning, for example: I had it in my head that I was going to go xyz distance, but then these two Actual Runners passed me (one man, one woman; man in appropriate sweat-wicking running attire bouncing along like a supermodel and woman in high-cut running shorts and sports bra), and I thought, "You know what? FORGET THIS. I am not a runner. I am terrible at this, and oh look, there's my car." So I left.

I could have gone farther, I should have gone farther, but I didn't go farther because I have not yet gotten over feeling like an imposter: Fat Girl Running.

Juxtaposition: In the weight room, I have no problem pushing myself. I use the 25 lb dumbbells with no problem and have pushed up to the 30s for some exercises. I never feel defeated, and even if I have to end an exercise early because it's too physically taxing, I still feel good about my progress.

What is it about running, then, that makes me feel so inadequate? Maybe that's something else I'll learn about myself.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IDK Christine, do you really even enjoy running? I know we won't always "like" a particular exercise as long as it is benefiting our bodies but I guess I am the "laziest " person I know because I have been doing exercises I actully like. I am not a gardener by nature but I always give it a go each summer trying to grow some veggies and I am not always successful at it. I am not really a gardener but I try at least and I think that is what you do with the running. I won't lose any sleep over not gardening and could easily give up on it but I still enjoy trying. I know I haven't been helpful in you trying to figure out why you give up on the running but thought the conversation was interesting. Hope you can figure out what to do about the running whether to keep it in your exercise regime or not,I know you will come up with the best answer for it.

Have a wonderful Thursday with your DS.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #1104
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there hon! You are NOT an imposter of any kind. Nope. I have faith that you'll figure out what to do about the running. Maybe you really don't enjoy it so you don't push? You don't get the same *rush* from it as you do with weight lifting so maybe you'll find another passion for cardio? You can do it sweetie, you're amazing!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #1105
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine,

I agree with Danielle that you'll figure out what to do about the cardio. We have confidence in you! Maybe it's true that running might not be your thing. I also tried it for a couple of years and it didn't work for me. I had a very similar experience to what you are describing about the "actual runners." It was discouraging and I eventually quit. Now I am pretty much using exercise DVDs that combine light weight lifting with the cardio, and that seems to satisfy my needs.

Hang in there! You'll come to an understanding soon.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, ladies. I was thinking all day that I'd give myself the day off tomorrow, but now I'm here this evening planning my morning -- and including a run. Maybe I'm destined to have a love/hate relationship with that activity. I don't know. Time will tell, I guess.

As for today, I felt awful most of the day. DS and I didn't end up doing much, not because I felt bad, just because we were hanging out, running errands, fixing up the garden, and then he went out to play with his friends. But I had a terrible, stabbing headache for most of the day, which I chalked up to muscle pain from (probably) clenching my jaw at night, and also TOM is lurking.

Well, as it turns out, I hadn't really eaten much, so after dinner, I felt much better. I find that eating LC means that I don't have the "traditional" hunger sensations. These days, I eat because it's time or because I feel sick; for some reason, that explanation slipped by me today. Ah well. Things are better now.

Food ended up as follows:

B: Coffee w/ HWC
L: Same, plus 1 serving homemade LC pudding
D: A few cucumbers slices, 2 hot dogs w/ cheese, four skinny/hard breadsticks with butter (10g of carbs, total; I figure I can afford it today! )

688 calories 12g carbs

And that'll do it for me.

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 06-28-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1107
Senior LCF Member

I was reading the book " The Swing" by Tracy Reifkind. She said something in it that made me pause and think. "You don't run to get in shape, you get in shape so you can run".
I never thought of it that way. Maybe that is why I always sucked at running !

Besides lets see that girl go in the gym and lift like you . Whatever you do, you have a whole group of people here cheering you on!

Take Care,
Old 06-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a good point, Tanya! I should realize that running isn't the secret to weight-loss; fit people who run are probably fit even before they start running! Either way, I hope it gets easier for me at some point.

Hit the gym this morning and now waiting for my coffee. I'm hungry after a low calorie day yesterday! Off from work, so who knows what food will be like. Eggs will definitely be involved, though.

Happy Friday!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #1109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uggggg, TOM, please go away. Second day of the cycle is always the worst for me; at least I am not at work and dealing with it! I'm helping a friend move later today, so I need to dose up on the Motrin! Skipping my workouts because that will be a workout in itself (did I mention it's supposed to be 96 out today.....).

Feeling totally blah, so I'm hoping coffee will help. Food yesterday was as follows:

B: Coffee
L: Coffee, chicken breasts w/ wing sauce
D: Chef salad, coffee

Too much coffee yesterday, but with TOM around, I need it! Have a good day, everyone.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #1110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Uggggg, TOM, please go away. Second day of the cycle is always the worst for me; at least I am not at work and dealing with it! I'm helping a friend move later today, so I need to dose up on the Motrin! Skipping my workouts because that will be a workout in itself (did I mention it's supposed to be 96 out today.....).

Feeling totally blah, so I'm hoping coffee will help. Food yesterday was as follows:

B: Coffee
L: Coffee, chicken breasts w/ wing sauce
D: Chef salad, coffee

Too much coffee yesterday, but with TOM around, I need it! Have a good day, everyone.
Hope you feel better soon.