Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #1051
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Man what is with all our knees, this darn MMA bootcamp is killing my knees too, I can hardly get up the steps at night, the teacher says they will get better I sure hope so it sucks! I have no motivation to run, not sure why, I was so into it last summer now I cant get motivated to go run!!!!

Have a good weekend!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #1052
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Good Job! I need to start working out.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
My DS1 runs cross country for his school. He can run a 5k race in the high 16 minute range That just takes all kind of crazy in my book! I admire you and all the runners out there, natural or not, it is HARD! KUTGW
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey congrats on the happy scale surprise! Have a great weekend! Ditto regarding the admiration for runners. I can't do it, my knees are way too old, but sometimes I dream that I'm running (for fun) and it's amazing in my dream.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Thanks! Knee felt better today, but I have a tightness in my left hamstring that felt better after I went to the gym to lift, but I'm still going to avoid running today. Maybe tomorrow. When it doubt, rest it out.

Off to the farmers market soon, then DS football, then work for an hour or two, then who knows? I'm thinking about making chicken roll-ups with chive cream cheese in the middle; we found a whipped chive that I adore. I've been using it in my omelet for the past two days, and I was thinking that it would be delicious with chicken. Here's what I'll probably do:

Pound chicken to 1" thickness (breasts)
Spread cc on the middle (maybe mix w/ garlic b/c I love garlic); secure w/ toothpick
Roll chicken in paprika (or paprika/pepper/sea salt mix; probably some cayenne, too)
Cook in EVOO on the stove top until browned, turning as needed

B&L will probably just be coffee for me today, and I'll make some green beans on the side for dinner. Have a great Saturday!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey congrats on the happy scale surprise! Have a great weekend! Ditto regarding the admiration for runners. I can't do it, my knees are way too old, but sometimes I dream that I'm running (for fun) and it's amazing in my dream.
Yeah, I'm with ya! I have arthritis in both of my knees so no running for me. That's why I like ellipticals, no impact!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #1057

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
My knees were a pain before too. The weight loss and staying LC really helped.

Hoping your not hurting now!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Yeah, I'm with ya! I have arthritis in both of my knees so no running for me. That's why I like ellipticals, no impact!
I don't know what's wrong with me. I know I have arthritis in my lower back along with disc degenerative disease, I call that old age. But my whole freaking body was hurting so bad for a while there I couldn't do anything, even my fingers hurt to move. Dr. said it looked like I had a touch of fibro. I didn't know you could have a touch. Since starting back on low carb all my aches and pains have pretty much ceased.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad to hear about pain improvement with LC eating! I really believe that sugar inflames us and contributes to all kinds of pain/illness. I'm trying to get DH on that wagon; he has ulcerative colitis and depression (which are linked, imho), and I firmly believe that eliminating sugar and carbs from his diet would do wonders.

But, ya know. He's an addict. He'll hit rock bottom one day and then maybe he'll be down for a change. He's there philosophically but not in action.

Fortunately, I don't have any ongoing health issues. My aches and pains are always related to exercise strain, and I'm still feeling that hamstring today. I have been pushing it a bit harder these days, so that's probably why; I'm going to take the day off from exercise and hope that it helps.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
So glad to hear about pain improvement with LC eating! I really believe that sugar inflames us and contributes to all kinds of pain/illness. I'm trying to get DH on that wagon; he has ulcerative colitis and depression (which are linked, imho), and I firmly believe that eliminating sugar and carbs from his diet would do wonders.

But, ya know. He's an addict. He'll hit rock bottom one day and then maybe he'll be down for a change. He's there philosophically but not in action.
I believe that too especally with the depression. I have that tendency. But in reality it was the sugar/carbs that either cause it or make it worse. Hey, at least he's philosophically on board! That's a start!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
I believe that too especally with the depression. I have that tendency. But in reality it was the sugar/carbs that either cause it or make it worse. Hey, at least he's philosophically on board! That's a start!
Absolutely! He knows it, but now he just needs to DO it. At least I don't have to sell him on the science!!

I try my best by keeping all of my LC food around for him and helping him pack lunch, but the fact is that he works in a mostly-male environment and they order lunch out almost every day. He ends up not eating his packed lunch and instead eats pizza or fast food.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Absolutely! He knows it, but now he just needs to DO it. At least I don't have to sell him on the science!!

I try my best by keeping all of my LC food around for him and helping him pack lunch, but the fact is that he works in a mostly-male environment and they order lunch out almost every day. He ends up not eating his packed lunch and instead eats pizza or fast food.
Just like we have too...he has to be responsible for his own eating habits and health. As much as we would like to do it for them we can't make them do anything they don't want to.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #1063
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yanno, the fact that my dh has finally climbed on board with me is nothing short of a miracle. He fought it for a long time. He would be supportive of me doing it but refused his own health benefits from it. It was so stressful having 2 lifestyles going on in this house! The man works upwards of 70 hrs a week and the men he's around eat out all day long and over the years he's packed on some weight. He takes stuff to work to eat now instead of eating out, or he comes home to eat with me. Saturdays they have lunch brought in for the guys and it's usually horrible carby crap. He keeps the guys hoppin trying to figure out wth he's doing Yesterday I guess they had sandwiches and he took like 5 of 'em and picked out all the insides and hucked the bread. Well, I guess someone ratted him out to one of the bosses and he came and asked Bryan how many sandwiches he'd eaten.. Bryan says, I was hungry man, gotta keep the boiler burnin ya know! Lee, his boss, just stood there and said, you really ate all of it??? Bryan: blank look.. Obviously nobody saw him throw all the bread away! The funnier thing is the other day the same boss asked Bryan if he was losing weight (he definitely LOOKS like he has!) and Bryan says, nope it's a figment of your imagination Lee, all because you're not wearing your contacts today. I love that he seems excited about his progress and now is making a game out of it with co-workers.

Nearly all of my pain went away that I had in my joints and nerves since eating lc again. It's a great feeling to be able to move without massive amounts of pain shooting through your body!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Christine,

Happy Sunday! Hope your exercise-induced aches and pains are better today. It's good to take a day off and "rest it out," as you said.

I hear you with the frustrations with DH and eating. Mine could really stand to lose about 25-30 pounds for various reasons. He was doing OK, but now he has fallen way off the LC wagon. At least he lets me do my LC thing, but it makes it harder with all of the tempting items around the house. I just keep hoping he will get his act together and take action soon before minor health issues become major ones.

On another note, someone mentioned that LC lifestyle helps with depression. I second that notion. I have bipolar disorder, and since starting LC about 8 weeks ago now, my doc and I have been able back me off some of my meds. Plus I notice overall that my moods are more "even." So many advantages of this WOE!

Have a great Sunday!

Talk to you soon,

Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

I took yesterday off of exercise. And when I say off, I mean really off. I sat on my butt all day! Well, as much as I could get away with with two kids underfoot.

My husband has told me that he will, never never ever go on low carb. One time I bribed him to go on low carb. He did not make it through lunch! He is so stuck on his carbs and does not think that going low carb is right, or healthy, or whatever.

I was reading why we get fat and what to do about it and he was all "you've already got me to read one diet book, don't think you'll get me to read another!" I don't think he actually read the atkins book. I think I got him to read like a chapter or two and that's about it.

Any way, I'm with ya. It's hard sometimes when you are the only low carber in the house.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 06-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #1066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
I am going to try that coconut shake. Sounds yummy!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #1067

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I didnt think it was that hard I make the boys a starch if they want it, the hard thing for me is the crunchy salty stuff at night they are eating, pita chips, pretzels that is the stuff that gets to me when I hear that crunch, LOL

Hope you had a good weekend Christine!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #1068
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to keep working on DH. He's almost there, but.....ya know.

Stressful week ahead: Major work stuff, visit from my mother (), grandmother in hospice. It's not good overall, but it shall not derail me.

Did my 14 days of clean eating and culminated with a little carb shakeup last night at DH's father's day dinner. I had a few garlic knots and some bites if his and DS's dessert. Not a whole lot of damage, and it was planned, but more carbs than I've eaten in two weeks. I'm hoping that a little shock to the system will do me good in the long run.

Speaking of long runs (or short ones, as the case may be), I got my butt up this morning and went out for a quick 1.25 miles. Glad I did, but man. Some days I have one specific problem (posted about it previously, I believe), and the 10 minutes after I finish is torrrrture. But now I'm showered and drinking coffee, so it's a distant memory.

I think experiences we have while running have to be like childbirth: You have to forget about the pain quickly or else you'll never do it again.

Less than 6 weeks to a major social event, and I would really, really like to be a size down by then.......

Another two weeks of Super Serious Me. Have a great day, ladies!

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 06-18-2012 at 04:39 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 18 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Good Morning Super Serious YOU! I would say you are definitely serious about your exercise routine.

I have a question for you? When you put your CO(I am assuming this is Coconut Oil?) in your shake do you liquify first or just put it in the shake the way it is? I am not going to try your shake yet but wanted to add it to a shake I make and see how it goes.

Have a nice Monday Christine and KUTGW!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Up and running before coffee?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!

Running before coffee!!!!

Wow! I'm impressed!

Going down a size is a wonderful goal . I'm rooting for you to make it!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Good Morning Super Serious YOU! I would say you are definitely serious about your exercise routine.

I have a question for you? When you put your CO(I am assuming this is Coconut Oil?) in your shake do you liquify first or just put it in the shake the way it is? I am not going to try your shake yet but wanted to add it to a shake I make and see how it goes.

Have a nice Monday Christine and KUTGW!
Hey Maggie!! I do liquify it. In the summer, though, it's sitting out on my counter all watery since it's usually pretty warm in my kitchen. You can microwave it for a few, though, or boil some water and put the CO in a class jar; let that sit for a minute and you're good to go.

I found previously that if I put the CO in the shake hard, it got really waxy! Nothing like a little candle wax in the morning!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 18 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
It would be hard to eat candle wax! It works perfectly in a cup of joe however, having some now! I am going to try it in a shake recipe that I got off the Magazine Woman's World. It is from the book "Wheat Belly". It calls for 1/2 C Coconut Milk, 2 Tsp.Flaxseed Meal, 1/2 Strawberries or Rasberries, 4 ice cubes(But I have frozen strawberries so I omit this) and 4 TBSP. of Whey Powder Protein. The plan is 2 shakes a sensible dinner with like 2 100 calories snacks in between. Hubby has been doing it and likes the shake but I wanted to add some CO to it. The article said that your shakes should come out to about 200 calories but adding the CO I know will shoot that number up but oh well want to try it.

Thank you for getting back to me on it. Have a nice Tuesday and JUTGW with the exercise!

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine,

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I hope you are having a good Tuesday.

You are SOOOOO good with the exercise. I have been not so successful this past weekend and this week so far. But I keep trying!!

Have a GREAT night!

Jenna
Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #1075
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Kutgw with your running and exercise . "Super Serious Me" I like that .
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #1076

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Running with out coffee! Wow!

My CO is melted here! No wax! Haha!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #1077
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Happy Thursday Christine!!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #1078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Crazy week here! Hope you are all doing well. Back this weekend, I hope! Stay cool!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #1079
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Don't stay away for too long. Miss you!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

We will look forward to your return! Hope everything is going well...

Hugs,

Jenna