Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Christine!

Just seein' what you're up to this weekend....

Is it weird to enjoy reading about someone elses struggles with weight loss? IDK, but I do. You are really funny (at least to me)...IDK why rotting eggs would be hilarious but it is. Maybe because mine are....I haven't had a TOM in a year so technically I'm done. I must say it's somewhat of a relief, I don't miss the TOM itself but I'm still pretty moody at times.

My DH rarely talks about my weight unless I bring it up, then he says I would probably feel a lot better if I lost some weight.

I know you're going to see that 189 any day now, and you must be really tall because at 191 you look FABULOUS!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey Christine!

Just seein' what you're up to this weekend....

Is it weird to enjoy reading about someone elses struggles with weight loss? IDK, but I do. You are really funny (at least to me)...IDK why rotting eggs would be hilarious but it is. Maybe because mine are....I haven't had a TOM in a year so technically I'm done. I must say it's somewhat of a relief, I don't miss the TOM itself but I'm still pretty moody at times.

My DH rarely talks about my weight unless I bring it up, then he says I would probably feel a lot better if I lost some weight.

I know you're going to see that 189 any day now, and you must be really tall because at 191 you look FABULOUS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
You look AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks, ladies! I think that picture is a bit over-flattering; perhaps the combination of the right angle, shirt, and let's not forget: A NEW BRA! That makes all the difference.

Also, Blonde, I am 5'7", and even though 191 is not "thin" by any stretch, I do carry this weight well; part of that is definitely due to my height. I certainly want to lose more, but the situation is no longer as dire as it once was.

And I don't think it's weird to want to read about other people's journeys. I find it really helpful; it helps me stay focused and motivated when I hear how well others are doing, and it helps me stay on track when I hear how miserable they are to be off track! I am constantly reminded that it's not worth it to eat unhealthy stuff: People are either doing really well by avoiding it, or they're feeling sick because they didn't!

(I think rotting eggs is funny as well. In fact, I was speaking to my friend's husband a few weeks ago, telling him how much I hate this particular dude at our gym because he throws weights around, grunts, stalks about, etc., and he said that maybe he was trying to impress me, like some kind of mating ritual. I said, "Nothing is trying to mate with me, trust me. Do you hear that? That's the sound of my eggs rotting as we speak." I think I embarrassed the poor man to death. But I thought it was hilarious.)

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
hey christine, do we know each other well enough for you to explain the title of your journal yet?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
hey christine, do we know each other well enough for you to explain the title of your journal yet?
I wish I had an explanation, Jan! It's just some random thing, I guess. Our home office is a "walk through" to the bathroom, and sometimes DH will come walking out of the bathroom and dance a little jig for me (his version of comical seductive dancing which really looks like a giraffe on roller skates, and he knows it), and I will say something mock-appreciative like "Shake what yo' mama gave ya!" or "Shake that money-maker!" So I imagine that something like that must have occurred shortly before I opened this journal.

And now you know how totally random I really am.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

well ok...cause I was wondering WHO was shakin WHAT and imagining HOW money was being made

back to diet talk.

Jan
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
well ok...cause I was wondering WHO was shakin WHAT and imagining HOW money was being made

back to diet talk.

Jan

No one is shaking anything around here, at least not for profit, anyway. In fact, I expect that people would pay us to keep it STILL.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One ninety point zero. Kind of surprising given that I had *another* glass of red wine while out with a friend last night. I realize that drinking is going to be a challenge for the holiday season. Prior to last weekend, I hadn't had an adult beverage since July. In the past 10 days I've had 3. While I do think that red wine is probably one of the least of the evils and I haven't had any fallout from drinking it, I do need to watch myself. Two glasses of wine and the next thing I know I might be face deep in the dessert table. It's a slippery slope for me.

How nice it would be for today to be the last day in the 190s, though. I'd love to meet my 18X goal by Wednesday.

I'm drinking water as I type because I really need to be attentive to it. The problem at work is that we have 9 oz. paper cups, and I keep forgetting to pick up an aluminum water bottle (I just can't drink out of plastic). I really need to do that soon!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
LOL!

Christine, as usual, you've made me laugh! Have a great day!!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Thanks for the laughs today girls!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:23 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That thing just does not want to budge past 190. Food yesterday was as follows:

B: 2 eggs with provolone
L: Protein shake, string cheese, slice of bacon
D: Thai chili pork chop with a side of steamed cauliflower with sour cream and butter.......and later 2 slices of bacon after I baked them. How could I NOT eat that fresh out of the oven?

So......salt? The result of a hard workout at the gym after a few days hiatus? I don't know, but whatever. While I had it set in my mind that I'd be 18X by 12/1, it's not a crisis if I'm not. I'll still post a good loss for November!

Twenty five days until Christmas, seriously? I cannot believe that. We're going away for the holiday, and I'm waiting to find out whether or not my brother and his stripper girlfriend will be joining us*. My father and his wife will be there, and of course DS and DH. We're renting a condo, so I'm planning to handle the cooking. My father's DW thinks she's a healthy and wonderful cook, but she's terrible. Case in point: On Thanksgiving, she gleefully told me that she roasted a small turkey earlier in the week so that they could eat it on sandwiches. She said she made it the "healthy way," to which I replied, "Oh? And what is that?" To which SHE replied, "I coated it in margarine!" :laugh :

Poor DH. It's all he can do to not crack up laughing. He told me later that he took a chance and watched my expression (normally he would not because if we make eye contact, it's all over . We would not be able to contain our hysterics and that would be bad), and he about fell out laughing at my shock and horror. Fortunately, I do have a good poker face, so she wouldn't notice, but he could tell that I was just retching internally.

Another quick story about that: While at their house this summer, we were eating chocolate cake that she had made (this was before 7/26/10), and I commented that the icing was.....interesting (and by "interesting" I meant "disgusting"). She then told me how she made it: "Well I started with Crisco...."

OMG again, poor DH. Anyway, I love her dearly, but if I let her handle the cooking over Christmas, we're all gonna die. I need to start making some serious plans for making good ON PLAN meals for everyone**.

*Not technically a stripper. She just dresses like one.
**Minus the margarine!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Christine you certainly have an interesting family Hey, you mentioned salt in your diet? I think it could certainly be your culprit. I recently had a docs appt. and my BP was up. I do not want to go on meds. so the suggestion was to watch my sodium and come back in 6 weeks where we will take it again. I can get pretty bloaty and have been paying more attention to my sodium intake. IDK, the scale could be registering the water retention with you, just a thought. BTW-you are doing GREAT, keep it up.

Oops, sorry about the double post!

Last edited by MagieDen; 11-30-2010 at 05:34 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine you certainly have an interesting family Hey, you mentioned salt in your diet? I think it could certainly be your culprit. I recently had a docs appt. and my BP was up. I do not want to go on meds. so the suggestion was to watch my sodium and come back in 6 weeks where we will take it again. I can get pretty bloaty and have been paying more attention to my sodium intake, also making sure I get in more H20 than I have been. IDK, the scale could be registering the water retention with you, just a thought. BTW-you are doing GREAT, keep it up.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1973 View Post

That thing just does not want to budge past 190. Food yesterday was as follows:

B: 2 eggs with provolone
L: Protein shake, string cheese, slice of bacon
D: Thai chili pork chop with a side of steamed cauliflower with sour cream and butter.......and later 2 slices of bacon after I baked them. How could I NOT eat that fresh out of the oven?

So......salt? The result of a hard workout at the gym after a few days hiatus? I don't know, but whatever. While I had it set in my mind that I'd be 18X by 12/1, it's not a crisis if I'm not. I'll still post a good loss for November!

Twenty five days until Christmas, seriously? I cannot believe that. We're going away for the holiday, and I'm waiting to find out whether or not my brother and his stripper girlfriend will be joining us*. My father and his wife will be there, and of course DS and DH. We're renting a condo, so I'm planning to handle the cooking. My father's DW thinks she's a healthy and wonderful cook, but she's terrible. Case in point: On Thanksgiving, she gleefully told me that she roasted a small turkey earlier in the week so that they could eat it on sandwiches. She said she made it the "healthy way," to which I replied, "Oh? And what is that?" To which SHE replied, "I coated it in margarine!" :laugh :

Poor DH. It's all he can do to not crack up laughing. He told me later that he took a chance and watched my expression (normally he would not because if we make eye contact, it's all over . We would not be able to contain our hysterics and that would be bad), and he about fell out laughing at my shock and horror. Fortunately, I do have a good poker face, so she wouldn't notice, but he could tell that I was just retching internally.

Another quick story about that: While at their house this summer, we were eating chocolate cake that she had made (this was before 7/26/10), and I commented that the icing was.....interesting (and by "interesting" I meant "disgusting"). She then told me how she made it: "Well I started with Crisco...."

OMG again, poor DH. Anyway, I love her dearly, but if I let her handle the cooking over Christmas, we're all gonna die. I need to start making some serious plans for making good ON PLAN meals for everyone**.

*Not technically a stripper. She just dresses like one.
**Minus the margarine!
Your comments about your brother's GF made me LOL! Like Maggie said you certainly do have an interesting family.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Christine you certainly have an interesting family Hey, you mentioned salt in your diet? I think it could certainly be your culprit. I recently had a docs appt. and my BP was up. I do not want to go on meds. so the suggestion was to watch my sodium and come back in 6 weeks where we will take it again. I can get pretty bloaty and have been paying more attention to my sodium intake, also making sure I get in more H20 than I have been. IDK, the scale could be registering the water retention with you, just a thought. BTW-you are doing GREAT, keep it up.
Interesting family, indeed. And I haven't even MENTIONED my mother. I'll spare you!

I bet sodium is the culprit. I've been eating way more salt than usual; I even crave it. I will try to keep that in check to see what happens!! Hope you are doing well, Maggie!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, seriously. It has to be the salt, and I know I need to back off it. Yesterday I ate in the cafeteria with a colleague, and that's almost always my downfall. Because I refuse to drink water out of plastic and their cups are plastic, I always get a diet pepsi instead (I have a *thing.* Weird, I know, but water out of a plastic cup? Blech). Pretty much everything in the cafe was carb-loaded, so I ended up with the following:

Chicken salad
Egg salad
A HOT DOG
diet pepsi
Green salad that I really couldn't eat because I hated the dressing

THEN for dinner I ate two eggs, provolone, and two slices of HAM.

My strategy for today is that I picked up my own cup and will take that with me to keep full all day. I have a few meetings today, but otherwise I will be AT MY DESK, IN MY OFFICE, and DRINKING WATER. I used emphasis caps to ensure I will remember to do that.

I am also going to the gym. Back to swimming tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off, and back to Zumba on Friday.

Then I am painting all weekend. I think I am going to be a hurting pup on Monday!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:52 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ok, seriously. It has to be the salt, and I know I need to back off it. Yesterday I ate in the cafeteria with a colleague, and that's almost always my downfall. Because I refuse to drink water out of plastic and their cups are plastic, I always get a diet pepsi instead (I have a *thing.* Weird, I know, but water out of a plastic cup? Blech). Pretty much everything in the cafe was carb-loaded, so I ended up with the following:

Chicken salad
Egg salad
A HOT DOG
diet pepsi
Green salad that I really couldn't eat because I hated the dressing

THEN for dinner I ate two eggs, provolone, and two slices of HAM.

My strategy for today is that I picked up my own cup and will take that with me to keep full all day. I have a few meetings today, but otherwise I will be AT MY DESK, IN MY OFFICE, and DRINKING WATER. I used emphasis caps to ensure I will remember to do that.

I am also going to the gym. Back to swimming tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off, and back to Zumba on Friday.

Then I am painting all weekend. I think I am going to be a hurting pup on Monday!
Christine you have been doing so well and really knowing what's going on with your body, kudos to you! I have to paint this weekend as well, boy for me it is a workout in itself. My son and his lovely bride will be here for Christmas and his bedroom definietly needs some new color. Have fun with your workout tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Christine you have been doing so well and really knowing what's going on with your body, kudos to you! I have to paint this weekend as well, boy for me it is a workout in itself. My son and his lovely bride will be here for Christmas and his bedroom definietly needs some new color. Have fun with your workout tomorrow.
Thanks, Maggie! I have been pretty good about the salt so far today; I picked up a salad at the salad bar and did NOT put bacon on it! It was hard, though.

As for painting.......that is my LEAST FAVORITE job! I have to do two rooms because we're selling our house early next year, and one of those rooms is my dining room......currently painted MERLOT! It's going to be tough to cover that with a neutral color! Do you have a color selected for the bedroom? How nice that they'll be visiting for the holidays!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not moving in the right direction! Yesterday's menu was as follows:

B: Protein shake
L: Salad with grilled chicken, peppers, cucumbers, bleu cheese dressing; two slices roast beef; two slices provolone
D: 2 slices cauliflower pizza

Three cups of tea plus water all day. I guess I'm on a couple of days of evening out, but it's ANNOYING.

AND I can't find my swim suit, which makes me doubly annoyed. It's here SOMEWHERE, but where? I have no idea. So I'm going to hit the gym this morning instead of the pool, which is not what I wanted but what I will do nonetheless.

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 12-02-2010 at 03:33 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

An open letter to my a$$:

You know how we did that running this morning on the dreadmill? Consider that your official notice that you are no longer welcome here. Pack it up, move it out. I'm looking for wiggle, not jiggle. Hit the road, Jack.

No love,
Christine
Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

it WILL happen, friend!!! that fat has GOT to go somewhere else (please not my house) Maybe you can wrap it up and put a bow on it to make it more attractive to some skinny person out there!

for a whoosh for you!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
it WILL happen, friend!!! that fat has GOT to go somewhere else (please not my house) Maybe you can wrap it up and put a bow on it to make it more attractive to some skinny person out there!

for a whoosh for you!!!
Thanks, Jan. I had a moment of frustration this morning, but I think I'm better now. :blush: Maybe I'll put that fat out on a plate for Santa to take away.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: Shake
L: 2 slices cauliflower pizza
D: 1/2 NY Strip steak, broccoli, a few sliced peppers

Tea and water all day. I never really believed the whole "starvation mode" thing, that not getting enough calories would force my body to hang onto its reserves (I always believed that this mechanism would kick in when there were fewer reserves to protect), but now I'm wondering if this is a calorie issue. Is it possible that I'm not eating enough?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:15 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

I do not know about starvation mode either. I have been saying the same thing about me not losing anything for months. I wonder daily if I am eating enough but it isn't like I am hungry all day either. I just don't know.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

add me to the list of folks who don't have answers about "starvation mode" tho i tend towards not believing it exists in this context either.

i'm sorry for your frustration. it sure looks like you are doing everything right. know that as i lost weight there were times when the scale didn't show progress for awhile too, and i did get past it. i haven't experienced what Dawn is going through though i can fully appreciate the frustration. it totally sucks!

keep trying, friend those extra pounds will take a hike eventually. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

B: Shake
L: 2 slices cauliflower pizza
D: 1/2 NY Strip steak, broccoli, a few sliced peppers

Tea and water all day. I never really believed the whole "starvation mode" thing, that not getting enough calories would force my body to hang onto its reserves (I always believed that this mechanism would kick in when there were fewer reserves to protect), but now I'm wondering if this is a calorie issue. Is it possible that I'm not eating enough?
Quote:
add me to the list of folks who don't have answers about "starvation mode" tho i tend towards not believing it exists in this context either.

i'm sorry for your frustration. it sure looks like you are doing everything right. know that as i lost weight there were times when the scale didn't show progress for awhile too, and i did get past it. i haven't experienced what Dawn is going through though i can fully appreciate the frustration. it totally sucks!

keep trying, friend those extra pounds will take a hike eventually. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Thanks, Ladies! I am committed to the idea that although I lost 40 lbs in 4 months, it could take me another 4 months to lose half that. Intellectually, I know not to rush it, but after seeing such great losses for so long, it's hard to make the transition to slower progress (you already know that!). Slow and steady, I guess! Hope you both have a great Friday!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

i HATE slow and steady!!!!!

yes, you have lost quickly...body needs to catch up, starvation mode, need a metabolic change, time to switch up this and that, yada, yada...who knows?? i guess the "figuring out" what works for you is part of the journey.

it;s not a very nice joke that decreasing cals and carbs and increasing water and exercise doesn't always mean linear weight loss.

i HATE slow and steady!!!!

have a happy day, lady
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i HATE slow and steady!!!!!

yes, you have lost quickly...body needs to catch up, starvation mode, need a metabolic change, time to switch up this and that, yada, yada...who knows?? i guess the "figuring out" what works for you is part of the journey.

it;s not a very nice joke that decreasing cals and carbs and increasing water and exercise doesn't always mean linear weight loss.

i HATE slow and steady!!!!

have a happy day, lady
I am with Jan.....I HATE SLOW AND STEADY!!! My patience is becoming very short.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:35 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alrighty, then. Back to where we were on 11/30, with absolutely no explanation of what happened between then and now. I guess some normal fluctuation.

Terribly sick with a cold right now; fever and sore throat yesterday, and now congestion and sore throat today. But I have two rooms to paint, so I must keep moving. No Zumba for me yesterday or today, but I did find my swim suit, so I'll be able to head back to that on Thursday. Maybe shocking my body by getting back into my regular exercise routine will do the trick! I lifted weights this week, but that was about it; my schedule has been harrowing lately, and I had planned to do Zumba yesterday and today. Guess not!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry that you are not feeling well. My husband has a cold too right now and feels like crap. I am wondering how long it will take before my DD & SD have his cold symptoms. All three of them are susceptible to cold viruses.

to you for getting back to your 190 where you were! This weight fluctuation thing is too much to deal with sometimes.

If you are not feeling up to painting those rooms you really shouldn't be. You have been talking about Zumba do you take a class at your work? Have you tried the Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred? It is quick. You can go to Amazon.com and download it there for $6 and have it on your computer/laptop and take it to any room you would like to do your exercises in. It is hard but it goes by fast.

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.