LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
It is beautiful out!

Will keep my fingers crossed, even though I know you really don't need it!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK130 View Post
threadjack....dawn, in that pic, you are lookin' stunning....!

ok, now, christine...tell us EVERYTHING...who said what, who did what, who wore what, what did they eat, how did they act...everything!

jan
Aww thanks. That was taken in February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Thanks, ladies! I was the final candidate and the only local candidate, both of which work in my favor. I think they know I will do a good job for them; I see many areas for growth and change (which I believe I articulated well), and I seem to be a good fit for the office.

So now we wait.

I should hear something within two weeks, and if it's a positive outcome , it'll be a quick transition. Thanks for all of your encouragement!

Having lunch today with an old college friend; can't wait! Dinner with my dad tonight. Lots of eating out this week.....I need to get back on track immediately! Three days of not-so-good eating. Today I am back on track! Happy FRIDAY!
How exciting Christine! What would you be doing in this new job?
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Well, I'm going to put a moratorium on job discussions for right now, IRL and here. I am in a really tough spot at the moment and don't want to have to make a decision. I kinda hope they make the decision for me and don't pick me so that I don't have to do any real work in deciding my fate, ya know?

On to more important things: My lack of progress this week.

It's my own fault, totally and completely. Six days (count them! SIX) of eating off plan renders me feeling bloated and disgusting (TOM was here, too, yay. And a nasty sunburn. Double-yay). Last night was the CULMINATION of a terrible week of eating: Dinner at a friend's house that consisted of steak, baked potato, corn, and beets. OMG. I felt so terrible afterward (and so gassy...tmi, but really. So unlike me). These are people who PRIDE themselves on their "healthy eating" (mostly vegetarian, reliance on whole grains, etc.) and love to lecture me about my food choices. So I did it their way and paid for it. Yes. I am an idiot.

However, the past six days renewed my vigor and focus (AGAIN) and will let me plow through the rest of the summer unscathed. My goal is out there, not too far away, but I need to get serious and focused. I am sitting here looking at my pregnant-looking stomach thinking SERIOUSLY!?!?! This is what you do to yourself???? But.....ok. Bygones, forgiveness, focus.

I see what happened here, though. It was the perfect storm of events (not an excuse, just a helpful way for me to reflect on the events as they unfolded). A grueling 2-day interview, DH's last day of work, DS off on vacation with his dad, TOM, and sunburn that rendered me unable to get to the gym. Those events conspired to create in me a very self-sabotaging response. Let's not forget several nights of socializing. Jesus. It's a wonder I can even fit into my clothing today.

Onward.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #814

Yes, going off plan like that reminds us of all the things we start to take for granted. How quickly we forget that we used to feel like crap! I too have had several moments where I needed that kick in the pants. Harsh, but it works.

You can get back there. Like before, motivation and determination!

Put the job thing into God's hands.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #815

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Christine- you had a lot going on, and that is when it is easiest to lose control and sometimes I like to think I can eat like a normal person, and hello I cant!!! You will get it all off, and feel a lot better now that you are in control of things again!!!!! 6 days is nothing compared to a lifetime of healthy eating!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
You have the right frame of mind- just get back on the horse! Amber is right 6 days in the grand scheme of life- no biggie move on. Sometimes it cvan help to fall off a bit to renew your mindset - and this time just might be the time for you. Everyone does it and anyone that doesn't do it is an alien in my book!

Have a great one and try and relax a bit! Life's been rough on you for a little while!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

You have come a long way and like me you have seen all the benefits to this way of eating so getting back on track should not be an issue at all! I have faith in you completely!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
Start Date: 04/29/2011
Give yourself a break on going off plan. You had to deal with various life challenges the last couple of weeks and you came out on the other side. You have all the tools to get back on the horse and get on the losing band wagon again. Pat yourself on the back and get right back in there girl. You can do it!
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Christine! You've got this, girlie! You are in this thing for the long haul, and a little setback is good to give you more resolve and a list of things that make you feel crappy (like vegetarian, gas producing "healthy food"). I can relate. Once in my other life long ago I did the vegetarian thing and girl? I had gas all the time. I don't miss it at all! Put your thoughts out there in the universe and be ready for what comes to you. I think it will be amazing things!

Keep on marching forward!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, ladies. Been a little lax around here, but I'm pleased to say that I returned to swimming both Saturday and today. It was so, so, so hot here this weekend that I figured it was good motivation to get into the pool! I have no excuse not to swim in the morning, either, since DS has been away (he's back as of today, though!) and now DH is home all the time. He can handle the morning routine with DS. So I got up early today, got my butt to the pool, and hope to get in some heavy lifting later today. I seriously need to move 15 lbs pronto. I am really disappointed that I didn't reach my goal by the 1-year mark (tomorrow), but I realize that this is a marathon. The next 15 could take me the next 15 years for all I know!

No news yet on the job front. Did get called into the president's office last week, however, and was basically told that I'm not allowed to leave. So it looks like things could get interesting around here if I do actually get an offer. I'm not optimistic right now, though........but we'll see.

Also, having DH home? Best idea EVER! He is a great house-husband. Dishes are done, beds are made, laundry is folded and put away, paperwork is handled. LOVE IT!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #821

Christine- I want a house husband, I want someone to do laundry, LOL Tony is banned he mixes everything and puts everything in the dryer, LOL

So you didn't make it for a year, big deal look where you were last year, you achieved so much, revel in your success. We put so much pressure on ourselves with goals and expectations, the thing is we are doing it and living it and that is what matters in the long haul, learning to maintain and keep it off is just as important as losing it, so be kind to yourself!!! Hope you hear about the job soon!!! Swimming is a good idea, man it is hot here!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
it makes me happy to hear the smile in your sentences

jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #823

Agreed, you've come a long way in a year. You will make it...soon! Make a list of where you were last year and where you are now with this! You have come a far way!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's true that I've come a long way in a year, and I am reflecting today on all of the things I am doing now that I wasn't doing a year ago:

Wearing tank tops/sleeveless tops
Wearing a bathing suit in public without a sarong
Allowing my thighs to see the light of day
Pulling anything out of my closet with the knowledge that it will fit (or be too loose)
Not obsessing about food
Allowing myself to be photographed
Wearing dresses/heels

Even if I never lose another ounce, that's good progress, in my book.

I've said it before on this journal and I'll say it again: My biggest challenge is and has been the mental part of this process. These days, I'm wondering about the mind/body connection. For example, I wonder how much of an impact diet fatigue or biological recalibration have on my attitude toward weight loss. It seems that when I fall out of good behavior mentally, I might be doing so in response to what my body needs or wants. I mean, intellectually I know what I need to do in order to be successful. Why, then, would I ever deviate? I can't believe that I am simply not disciplined enough to stay on track. I think about Taubes and his description of the physiological processes that drive our behaviors and I wonder if these periodic deviations are a response to biology. It's something for me to consider pondering.

In the meantime, I celebrated my 1-year anniversary with a swim and a "pool jog." Ever run in the pool? It's freakin' HARD. A nice heart-pumping workout! I'll hit the gym for some heavy lifting today as well, and maybe I'll do Zumba after work. Well, maybe not. I might do that tomorrow. I don't know. I'll definitely get in a swim tomorrow morning since I won't have the chance to do that again until Saturday. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I think about all of the times I've lost weight ...and then gained it all back, I realize it was a fast process. Easy go, easy come back. I do think the body pauses and waits (plateau) to see if there will be changes in reverse, if old habits will resume...less work for the body if you give up. The mental challenge is to convince the body that this is serious and you're NOT kidding around. So many factors go into keeping on the trail, and never venturing far from the path. You've come so far! Your attitude is amazing, I love your fortitude and willingness to keep walking the walk!

Congratulations on one year down! I'll be around, cheering you on, hopefully absorbing some of your power to kick fat's a$$!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #826

Yes! Many things have changed for the better! Now, on to the rest of your journey! Part II!

Yes, I think that has something to do with it too. More than we could ever dream is going on in the head and body.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
When I think about all of the times I've lost weight ...and then gained it all back, I realize it was a fast process. Easy go, easy come back. I do think the body pauses and waits (plateau) to see if there will be changes in reverse, if old habits will resume...less work for the body if you give up. The mental challenge is to convince the body that this is serious and you're NOT kidding around. So many factors go into keeping on the trail, and never venturing far from the path. You've come so far! Your attitude is amazing, I love your fortitude and willingness to keep walking the walk!

Congratulations on one year down! I'll be around, cheering you on, hopefully absorbing some of your power to kick fat's a$$!
I completely agree! I have lost weight so many times quickly and always gained it back so quickly but this time is so different. For me people really looked down at the fact that I was following Atkins but in the end have been amazed by the willpower I had and that I eat healthy.

I, too, have come so far since I have been on this journey and I really do like the way that I eat. I no longer fear that if I have something small with sugar in it that it will bring on the carb monster and set me back. We went out for icecream the other day and I was going to get some sugar free, fat free red raspberry icecream but they black raspberry custard as a special and it is my favorite. I made the choice to eat it and ordered a small. I ate just about half of it and was satisfied enough to push it aside. No sugar cravings later but I did have a little TMI gassy belly but it was ok.

You have all come so far in the past year since I have "known" you guys and I really wish that someday I get the opportunity to meet you in person.

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #828

Christine- dieting is hard work on our bodies and our heads, we all have moments of weakness, you sound like a perfectionist, and you know we just cant always be perfect, I finally accepted sometimes I want to eat-- I eat and back on track, is that good? Probably not but it is the coming back right after that is different the eating doesnt turn into days of not getting it together again. You like me place lofty goals on ourselves, and we need to embrace the changes and how far we have come and not look at it like we have not been perfect or we have not gone far enough. Its hard, wrapping our heads around it!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping by to give my support and love to you. Thank you!!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Hope all is going well for you Christine!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #832

CHRISTINE!?!?!?!? Where are you?

Hoping all is well with you!

Hugs!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #833

Christine- What the heck where did you disappear to? Come back to us!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #834

Starting to really worry about you hun! Please check in whether you are doing well or not. Hugs!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O
M
G

So sorry. Weeks from hell. Medical drama with DH's dad.....

Needless to say, I haven't been a saint re: diet/exercise. But here's to a new day, new week, new whatever.

Thank you for your concern!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #836

Phewwwwwww.... Glad to hear you are okay. Hoping DH's Dad is okay now.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Sending you best wishes Christine! Glad you checked in!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
"Got your back", young lady! to all at your house and sent for renewed health and much love in a drama free zone.

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #839

How are you doing today hun? Almost the weekend. Any plans yet?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

G.Mornini' Christine....
I hope your FIL is better. Hang in there. It's not going to derail you, just a bump in the road. Hope you're okay! Thinking of you....