Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
i misread, and briefly considered the implications of your "bacon ice cream", Christine. i have an ice cream maker...and some thoughts of hwc, almond milk, bacon and sf maple syrup immediately came to mind as i thought "how DID she do that?"
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #752
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Christine, you are doing AMAZING! Wow, 60 pounds!!!!! ♥ You have worked so hard for those pounds, I know you can see clearly your end goal now, there's no stopping you! So proud of ya girly!

And yeah, pretty awesome job on the ice cream. Holy cow, I dunno I think I'd have been a gonner. Ice cream is one of my all time fave desserts. Hence, my backside! I swear, if I could keep bacon in my purse 24/7 I'd actually be a-ok cause nothing tastes as good as bacon and then when tempted, I'd just whip out my trusty bacon stash. and all would be right with the world. Hmm, someone needs to come up with a refridgerated pocket in a handbag pronto!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Christine, you are doing AMAZING! Wow, 60 pounds!!!!! ♥ You have worked so hard for those pounds, I know you can see clearly your end goal now, there's no stopping you! So proud of ya girly!

And yeah, pretty awesome job on the ice cream. Holy cow, I dunno I think I'd have been a gonner. Ice cream is one of my all time fave desserts. Hence, my backside! I swear, if I could keep bacon in my purse 24/7 I'd actually be a-ok cause nothing tastes as good as bacon and then when tempted, I'd just whip out my trusty bacon stash. and all would be right with the world. Hmm, someone needs to come up with a refridgerated pocket in a handbag pronto!
Beef Jerky! More portable than bacon and lasts longer!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I know but bacon IS bacon!!!! Nothing beats bacon. Its ok, I always want what I can't have. LOL
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Bacon ice cream.........you are totally on to something, Jan!

And you know, I would be willing to keep bacon in my purse! It would be room temperature, so the fat wouldn't congeal (though not that I haven't eaten it out of the refrigerator [cooked, of course] with the fat congealed on it. True story!), and I could whip it out in a BACON EMERGENCY. Another true story: I was at happy hour with friends, digging through my purse to find a pen, and I whipped out a HB egg and string cheese. I had put them in my purse and failed to put them in my office refrigerator that day.

And while I didn't eat them at happy hour, don't think I wasn't tempted to do so.

Anyway, I have to run and cook breakfast, but here's my big news of the day: 173.2.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for scale movement!!! And Yay for you!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #757
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
WooHoo Christine!!!

LOL on the purse story!

Hmmm...DGS doesn't use a bottle anymore, but I could carry bacon in the insulated bag for emergencies....Just saying! LOL
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Yayy Christine! Seems as you'll be out of the 170's in no time with those recent numbers
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 AM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Starting to feel a little spoiled by waking up to a loss almost every day: 172.6 today. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. What are the plans? My dad's 60th surprise party is on tap for us (can't wait! ), then just enjoying the time off Sunday and Monday. Fortunately, food will NOT be an issue this weekend! I'm already planning ahead, though, for two weeks from now when DS and I are going out of town overnight to a friend's cabin. I will be away from my routine but refuse to be off plan. I'll pack deviled eggs and HB eggs, plus jerky (DS will be thrilled; he loves it!), and maybe some string cheese. Worst case scenario, I'll do 2 days of an unintended egg fast.

Update: Over 100 candidates applied for that job, and I'm one of the three finalists.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #760

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Christine- WTG you are doing super!!!!!! OMG I wanted to tell you, you know we are doing that Warrior Dash, well the team leader, the guy that Tony works with, named the team for us, Team Bacon, LOL He makes this meat, 2 pounds of bacon he mushes up with 2 pounds of sausage, then wraps in another 2 pounds of bacon and roasts, OMG 4 pounds of bacon, so I was like OMG that is the perfect team name, so now we have to all agree on Team Bacon shirt styles, LOL

Have a super weekend and keep up the great work!!!!

Amber
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #761

You're doing so well! Daily losses! You will be out of the 70s soon!

You are all so sweet to give your dad a party!

Planning for the overnight! Good thinking!

Have a great day!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

in addition to the weight loss... on being a finalist! I've got my fingers crossed that those folks recognize your talents as much as we do! back at you with wishes for a great weekend!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Update: Over 100 candidates applied for that job, and I'm one of the three finalists.
Just seeing this now! Not sure how I missed it! Hoping that you are the one!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Christine- WTG you are doing super!!!!!! OMG I wanted to tell you, you know we are doing that Warrior Dash, well the team leader, the guy that Tony works with, named the team for us, Team Bacon, LOL He makes this meat, 2 pounds of bacon he mushes up with 2 pounds of sausage, then wraps in another 2 pounds of bacon and roasts, OMG 4 pounds of bacon, so I was like OMG that is the perfect team name, so now we have to all agree on Team Bacon shirt styles, LOL

Have a super weekend and keep up the great work!!!!

Amber
I LOVE IT!!!! Team Bacon is a great name! I'm going to put myself on Team Bacon.....just in general, not for the Dash! My friend just did the Dash in June and LOVED IT!!! She can't wait to do it again, and I can't wait to hear all about your experience! Did you ever imagine that you'd be signing up for something like that??? You have come so far, my friend! You're a role model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
You're doing so well! Daily losses! You will be out of the 70s soon!

You are all so sweet to give your dad a party!

Planning for the overnight! Good thinking!

Have a great day!
Thanks, KCG! My dad is a super guy, and I know he'll love this party. The absolute BEST part from my perspective is that he has NO IDEA. It's very difficult to pull something over on him; he's very Type A, analytical, old-school.....everything has to "make sense" or he'll keep questioning until he is satisfied that the answers make sense. Therefore, I had to plan very carefully to ensure I had a good answer for everything....not just a "good enough" answer! The reason I know he doesn't know is that he isn't pressing me about anything; if he knew what was happening, he'd try to catch me in a lie! OMG, I cannot wait to see his face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
in addition to the weight loss... on being a finalist! I've got my fingers crossed that those folks recognize your talents as much as we do! back at you with wishes for a great weekend!
Thanks, Jan!! I am really looking forward to the interview experience (two days of interviews; yikes!). But I look at it this way: The absolute worst case scenario is that they don't hire me and I continue working a job I love. Win/win!

Quote:
Just seeing this now! Not sure how I missed it! Hoping that you are the one!!!
Thanks so much, KCG! I really appreciate your support and encouragement!

So glad I have off today, but not glad to be cleaning the attic. Hope you all are off having good fun!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #765

Hey you said you are close you could do it too, and be a real team bacon member!!!! Think about it, we are all fairly new so there is no speed pressure it is just about getting through it!!!! And considering I was queen of the slugs, yes I am shocked and cannot believe that I am doing this, more shocking than losing the weight is the fact that I am enjoying the exercise so much now and pushing myself.LOL If someone had told me last year I would be running a 5K on my b-day I would have said I had a better chance of winning the lottery!! LOL

Have a great weekend!!!
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey you said you are close you could do it too, and be a real team bacon member!!!! Think about it, we are all fairly new so there is no speed pressure it is just about getting through it!!!! And considering I was queen of the slugs, yes I am shocked and cannot believe that I am doing this, more shocking than losing the weight is the fact that I am enjoying the exercise so much now and pushing myself.LOL If someone had told me last year I would be running a 5K on my b-day I would have said I had a better chance of winning the lottery!! LOL

Have a great weekend!!!
I can't wait to hear about your experience!!! Make sure you post pics! I'm not one for participating myself given that I don't like to get dirty (no, really, that's true. I shouldn't post a laughing smiley!), but I am sure it's a good time. Go get your horns and turkey leg!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #767

LOL I know I hate the whole mud aspect, LOL I will post pictures, I will have a freaking billboard in town, LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

171.6 today

I'm thinking I need to purchase a crash helmet because when I see one sixty-something on that scale, I'm pretty much going to fall over.

I have 24 more days to my 1-year anniversary, and I will be within ten pounds of my (first) goal. I will be within ten pounds of losing 75 this year. The funny part is that the next 24 days will probably be the most stressful of the entire year. But I'm not worried. I am committed.

Re-induction was a smashing success, in my estimation. I started the process two weeks ago at 184. I have naturally gravitated to VLC, which I probably should have done months ago; it's what my body likes:

B: 2 eggs, bacon, swiss (or some other kind of shredded cheese mixed in there) made with a splash of HWC
L: Iced coffee
S: Iced coffee
D: Last night, for example, I had 3 chicken drumsticks, a few slices of peppers and a few slices of cucumbers

Exercise has been fairly minimal over the 2 weeks in light of my schedule; just regularly lifting. I'll add swimming back in when the losses slow down.

Party day today! I think everything is good to go. Going to begin setting up at 11, then going back to finish at 4 to meet the caterer. Party starts at 7! Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 07-02-2011 at 03:17 AM..
Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Christine I'm so proud of you and thrilled for you!! I'm going to try and go back to LC JUDDD'ing and see if I can't get my scale moving again! It's working so well for you!! When you hit the 160's I'll fall over with you okay? WOW!!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #770

Be prepared girl! Pile pillows around that scale and move sharp objects! It is coming!!!

Enjoy your party!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Awesome on the induction VLC weight-loss. It feels wonderful doesn't it!? Enjoy it and relax over the holiday weekend, you deserve it!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Christine I'm so proud of you and thrilled for you!! I'm going to try and go back to LC JUDDD'ing and see if I can't get my scale moving again! It's working so well for you!! When you hit the 160's I'll fall over with you okay? WOW!!!!
Thanks, Blonde! I'm really amazed at this latest jump in my progress....amazed and thrilled! I bet LC JUDDD will serve you well; you've made such amazing progress already!

Quote:
Be prepared girl! Pile pillows around that scale and move sharp objects! It is coming!!!

Enjoy your party!
Thank you, thank you! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Awesome on the induction VLC weight-loss. It feels wonderful doesn't it!? Enjoy it and relax over the holiday weekend, you deserve it!
Thanks, Mariah! Hope you are having a splendid weekend!

Party was AMAZING! He was totally surprised, thrilled, and speechless. It was a slam dunk, in my book. And nothing like a party like this to make me appreciate even more how lucky I am to have such great people in my life. DH and DS were instrumental in this process; I wish you could have seen DS cajoling people out to the dance floor. Everyone came up to me and/or my dad to comment on how personable, polite, and precocious DS is. I never want to be one of those parents who thinks her kid is awesome just because he's her kid, but nights like last night remind me that it's ok to think he's awesome......he really is something special. Spending the evening with our friends and family in honor of my dad's birthday was just a good reminder of what really matters in life.

Albeit, let me just say that I was equally thrilled to be looking fabulous. People who haven't seen me in a few weeks/months were flabbergasted; these are people I saw in the spring, not last year, so I know this latest round of progress really made a difference. I don't always see it in the mirror, but I do see it on their faces! And yesterday morning I was at my friend's house to drop off DS for a playdate; when I came back, she said, "You look so good that you inspired me to make a veggie omelet after you left and now I'm going to go out for a run." Love it!

Back to the party for a minute: Food was a no-brainer. Sliders (without the bun) topped with cheese and pickles, a slice or two of baked brie (sans pastry), and a ton of water. I was too busy to eat OR drink much, so I easily turned down wine and cake. Today my dad took us out to breakfast, where I had the usual (Western omelet and bacon). Later we're heading over to their house for some steaks on the grill! LC is so easy in the summer.

And now, I need to get down to the serious business of figuring out my wardrobe situation for my (2-day ) interview. All of my "business formal" wear is too wintery, and nothing else fits. Crap, crap, crap. Time to shop, I guess, which I can't say I enjoy all that much. I'm looking to Michelle Obama for some fashion ideas. Love her or hate her, the woman has style!

Hope you're all enjoying a relaxing, LC weekend!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #773

Glad the party was a hit, and it is always great when people notice your weight loss!!!!!

Good luck shopping, I know you will find something fabulous!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #774

So happy to hear the party went off well! Your son sounds fabulous!!!

Yes, MO has wonderful taste! Always looks so pulled together!

Good Luck Girl!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, ladies! Here is what I found. For the daytime portion, a light blue sleeveless dress with a jacket (picture is without the jacket) and neutral shoes. For the late afternoon/evening portion (interview starts at 3pm on one day, includes dinner, and continues into the next day for a full day), a standard black suit with a summery shell beneath. I sent my BFF pictures (she lives in another state) and she says PURPLE SHOES for the black suit. I never even would have thought of that, but I think I agree! I think it'll add some pizazz. Thoughts from any of you fashion mavens are appreciated!!!

The dress is a size too big (12), but I couldn't pass it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress.jpg (62.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg shell.jpg (99.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 07-06-2011 at 05:21 AM..
Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #776

Nice choices! I like the purple shoe idea!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Balance101
Stats: 207/197/140
WOE: hHcg
Start Date: 10/7/13
Beautiful outfits Christine! I wish you lots of luck!
Balance101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #778

Heels make the outfit and I am all for purple so go for it!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

for size 12 being too big!!!! I too like a splash of color- so purple shoes, a lemon scarf, a red belt, a lime necklace...really anything bright that you pair up with your black suit will spice it up. i have an event this friday morning where i'm wearing a plain beige suit...I need a summery, flowery, I'm thinking raspberry or tangerine blouse...which would mean shopping tomorrow night after work, and before a 6 pm graduation event. hmmmmm....doubtful! again....mega kudos for size 10!!!

Jan
Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ladies!! Jan, ignore the repetition in the PM I just sent you! I looked for purple shoes yesterday and couldn't find anything, so I will try again this weekend. Shoe shopping is difficult at this time of year because everything is still so summery. If I had more time, I'd order something online, like these beauties. Love those!

Up two pounds today....what the heck? Been drinking lots of water, but it's really humid here, so maybe that's it. Nothing else has changed. I'm not worried about it, though. All in good time. Better news of the day is that I grabbed a shirt on Ebay a month or so ago; it's an Old Navy size L, which means that -- of course -- it doesn't fit up top, so I haven't been able to wear it. Today, I can wear it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoes.jpg (27.0 KB, 1 views)