LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher513 View Post
Which store?? Maybe there's one up North too. I think it really looks fun.
Bed Bath and Beyond....got it yesterday!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Christine! I have a dream. I'm 100 pounds lighter and I'm teaching ZUMBA!!!

Not a bad dream, eh?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
You can make that dream happen Blonde!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
You can totally do that, Blonde!!!! You would be inspiring as a Zumba instructor!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Happy Sunday morning Christine! I hope you've got some fun planned for the day
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't been very inspired lately. My weekend amnesty turned into much more than that, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Summer is difficult for me. I find that I'm very focused when I have lots to do, but when the schedule is looser, so am I . I need to work on that in a big way!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

yay for looser schedules!!! enjoy it. do you get more time with your sweet little boy too?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #698

Know what you mean about loose schedules. I need tight to get stuff done, but then I complain I'm stressed! LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, indeed! We're off this week, with no real schedule. I'm waiting to see what the day will bring. He's in full summer mode right now, sleeping late! Beautiful day here, though, so maybe we can get out on our bikes! Hope you are doing well, Jan. Getting ready for your new work digs??
Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

yes, my work life is complex...ending one job and simultaneously taking on another (tho i officially end july 8 and start july 9) is busy. pretty fun tho! i need to get a new planner tho...i accidentallly have three meetings at almost the same time in different locations this evening. lol
Old 06-15-2011, 06:27 AM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
yes, my work life is complex...ending one job and simultaneously taking on another (tho i officially end july 8 and start july 9) is busy. pretty fun tho! i need to get a new planner tho...i accidentallly have three meetings at almost the same time in different locations this evening. lol
That should be interesting! Sounds like something I would do!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

maybe it's that educators try so hard to do all things for all people, especially little people
Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
maybe it's that educators try so hard to do all things for all people, especially little people
I think that is it
Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Jan! You really are superwoman!

I failed to mention this morning that it's back to strict induction for me. Hrm. Going to give that a try until 7/2, which is my next major social event (not that I'm planning to go off plan on that day; I just need a target date).

I have been rolling around some options in my head, but I keep coming back to Atkins. Intermittent fasting seemed like a possible route, but I don't think it's for me. Dukan? I could see the protein days but can't agree with eliminating fat (low-fat Greek yogurt would so not be for me).

I did buy Fage for the first time, and omg deliciousness. I usually use labne, but Fage is so much milder in flavor. Smooth, thick, and full of fat....I love it! And 14 g for the whole container? Incredible.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spirilis
Stats: 265/230/200; 5'11"
WOE: N.Ketosis
Start Date: Dec 2010
I am kinda wondering if the IF would be effective or at least helpful alongside Atkins if you did it only once a week, think I might give that a try after I've done it a couple weeks or so. Seems that Atkins is great but just slows down after a while, or maybe that's just me... Gotta give it a kick aye?
spirilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thinking that LC IF could totally work. I'd need to figure out a plan, however.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So my amnesty brought me a gain of only two pounds, which is good news. I was brave enough to face the scale this morning. Now back to business!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 AM   #708

That's not bad. It will be off before you know it.

Have a great day hun!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Christine! I think it's good to have amnesty once in a while! Wanna try JUDDD for a change? Just sayin'. I love love love Fage!! OMG so good! I do buy the zero fat and it still tastes awesome.

Just a note on my ZUMBA...wow, it is an A$$ kicker! I have renewed respect for you lady!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you're liking the Zumba, Blonde! It definitely is a workout!! I need to get back. My schedule has been in conflict with the class schedule (well, basically, the instructors who teach when I'm available are not my preferred zumba instructors!). Keep up the great work!

And as for JUDDD, don't think I haven't thought about it! I think I kind of do that naturally, quite honestly. I wonder if I should capitalize on that tendency.....hmmmmm......
Old 06-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

I did TRY to JUDDD...the UP days did me in! and the DDs were so very hard. BUT, if i take away the JUDDD calorie restrictions, the concept of eating less after a day of eating more is so logical.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Christine! Jan it's true, sometimes an UD can do me in as well. All the better for me to focus on the down day. But when I'm not doing JUDDD, several UP days in a row can set me back weeks of hard work. In the past I haven't been able to get off the runaway train. If it happens now, I'm off the next day no matter what. Weird logic but it works for me. Of course both of you ladies are way closer to goal than I am! My motto? When you find something that works, do it. If it stops working do something else. Main thing is to keep at it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I completely agree, Blonde. And right now I'm at the point where I'm back to one day at a time, one meal at a time......the way I was when I was steadily losing from July - January. It's a humbling experience, but a worthwhile exercise. I need to get back to basics.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
And right now I'm at the point where I'm back to one day at a time, one meal at a time......the way I was when I was steadily losing from July - January. It's a humbling experience, but a worthwhile exercise. I need to get back to basics.
Such wise words.

And, while going basic IS simple... it IS NOT easy.

Kudos to you Christine
Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As always, thanks for your support ladies. It means a lot.

Before I diet ramble, I need to get this off my chest: I think shish-kabobs are over-rated. I don't know why people get so excited about them. A few pieces of meat and vegetables thrown on a stick does not a meal make. But people around here DIE for their kabobs! Throw down a thick steak on that grill for me, thanks. Y'all can have your paltry little mock meals. This girl likes to eat.

Pretty sure I found the key to my long-term success: EGGS. I love them. Case in point, yesterday's food intake included not one but TWO vegetable omelets (five eggs total, probably). That was breakfast and lunch, and dinner was a small salad with the most amazing dressing (ranch with cracked peppercorn found in the produce section. Delightful) and hardboiled egg on top. That's all I ate for the day (plus two iced coffees), and I honestly could have skipped the salad.

Today I ate a 3-egg omelet with bacon and swiss, two iced coffees, went to the gym, and I'm not yet hungry. I have some hardboiled eggs and string cheese waiting for me, but eh. Why eat it if I'm not hungry yet? Tonight I'm making stir fry with some wonderful grass-fed beef cubes I found at the farmers market. I'm excited about that.

DH told me that my stomach "is really getting flat." Not flat enough, but he's kind to notice and mention it. The funny thing (and this is a good problem to have) is that my boobs now look HUGE. I'm already a 38D (down from a 42DD), and factor in a flatter stomach.....yikes. I put on a bathing suit that I thought I had lost (racer suit for lap swimming), and I couldn't believe the, uhm, profile. Not sure if I want to wear that in public, even if it's only to do lap swimming!

So anyway, back on track. Basically simple, simply basic. It's what works for me and I don't know why I think otherwise. I'm going hardcore for two weeks until my dad's (60th surprise) party, then I'm going to create my plan for the rest of the summer. Honestly, I should skip the plan and just go hardcore until I reach my goal. Maybe I'll do just that.

P.S. DH quit his job. Stresssssssssssssssssssssssss, but not stress eating. I re-freaking-fuse to do that.

P. P. S. Where is my friend DAWN????

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 06-20-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
As always, thanks for your support ladies. It means a lot.

Before I diet ramble, I need to get this off my chest: I think shish-kabobs are over-rated. I don't know why people get so excited about them. A few pieces of meat and vegetables thrown on a stick does not a meal make. But people around here DIE for their kabobs! Throw down a thick steak on that grill for me, thanks. Y'all can have your paltry little mock meals. This girl likes to eat.

Pretty sure I found the key to my long-term success: EGGS. I love them. Case in point, yesterday's food intake included not one but TWO vegetable omelets (five eggs total, probably). That was breakfast and lunch, and dinner was a small salad with the most amazing dressing (ranch with cracked peppercorn found in the produce section. Delightful) and hardboiled egg on top. That's all I ate for the day (plus two iced coffees), and I honestly could have skipped the salad.

Today I ate a 3-egg omelet with bacon and swiss, two iced coffees, went to the gym, and I'm not yet hungry. I have some hardboiled eggs and string cheese waiting for me, but eh. Why eat it if I'm not hungry yet? Tonight I'm making stir fry with some wonderful grass-fed beef cubes I found at the farmers market. I'm excited about that.

DH told me that my stomach "is really getting flat." Not flat enough, but he's kind to notice and mention it. The funny thing (and this is a good problem to have) is that my boobs now look HUGE. I'm already a 38D (down from a 42DD), and factor in a flatter stomach.....yikes. I put on a bathing suit that I thought I had lost (racer suit for lap swimming), and I couldn't believe the, uhm, profile. Not sure if I want to wear that in public, even if it's only to do lap swimming!

So anyway, back on track. Basically simple, simply basic. It's what works for me and I don't know why I think otherwise. I'm going hardcore for two weeks until my dad's (60th surprise) party, then I'm going to create my plan for the rest of the summer. Honestly, I should skip the plan and just go hardcore until I reach my goal. Maybe I'll do just that.

P.S. DH quit his job. Stresssssssssssssssssssssssss, but not stress eating. I re-freaking-fuse to do that.

P. P. S. Where is my friend DAWN????
Here I am! LOL It is funny I only got to the part about the kabobs when I hit to reply and then I continued to read as saw your PPS. I have been so busy lately. We had a golf tournament for work that took a lot of my time, then last week I was working on making tickets for my cousin's benefit for brain cancer. I read when i am at work and sometimes it is just so hard to reply.

I do have to tell you that I am making kabobs tomorrow. I have not made them in many years and hoping that they don't disappoint me but am afraid that they will. I am sick of the same ole food.

I tried JUDDD too but struggled with the down days and after about two of them I couldn't do it. I was miserable and my blood sugar was out of whack and I could just tell that from my moods and the shakiness that I had. The UP day was no big deal for me at all but my DH was very relieved when he heard that I was not going to be doing it any longer because he said that I was too cranky.

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! (about dh quitting his job!) Does he have something else lined up? Was it a matter of get out or go postal? I am by myself, and can't imagine any circumstances where I would quit a job before I had another one. So maybe this is an Oh Yes! moment of opportunity for your family? You are young and strong and educated...doors WILL open! How is he feeling? Excited? Scared? Relieved? Thrilled? Hopeful? Nervous? Confident? ...all of the above? Keep us updated on your life changes! What does he do for a living? or what does he want to change to? If I were your age, I'd go back to school...oh wait...I DID do that! lol!

Eggs work for me too. And so does fish and chicken. I know it. Your boobage silhouette story is funny...sort of...only cause I'm jealous! And BTW, if you compare your weight with others...remember that you will always be xx pounds higher because of being...um...well endowed. Oh yes, I am definitely and totally jealous. I always wanted a shape like yours!

Do marshmallows on a stick count as kabobs? OK then, I'm on the Yay Kabob team. I made marshmallows at Christmastime because my little guys don't eat hf corn syrup. Then turned out terrific. I'll have to do it again sometime. Cut in squares. Dipped in dark chocolate. Rolled in crushed candy canes. Candy a 6 year old can make. ....you're welcome. lolololol!

Last edited by JK130; 06-20-2011 at 07:44 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #718

Hugs and hoping the stress is short lived.

LOL on the silhouette story too! You'll look like you belong on Baywatch!

Marshmallow kabobs
Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

hey Kitty. you roast marshmallows on a stick. you grill chicken bits on a stick.
voila! kabobs!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #720

Marshmallow Kabobs = too good! nomnomnomnom....