Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Maybe he got the talk at school....We often give the classes the talk about the deodorant thing around this time....sweaty stinky kid time ...or...perhaps he has a girl he is interested in...they start young these days.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I believe he did say that the teachers gave them "the talk." I haven't noticed his stinkiness, but I'm happy to cut it off at the pass!

Finally back down to 176. Coincidence that I had a regular breakfast yesterday (no shake) and dropped .4? Probably, but it's an experiment worth continuing.

Weight session this morning. Felt great! And I wore sleeveless.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #663

May not be him in particular...but he took it seriously. You get a bunch of them together...OMG!!! Not a nice smell!

Different breakfast might have shocked the system. I think it needs that from time to time.

Have a great day hun!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
You wore sleeveless!!! Major, just MAJOR WTG for you, Christine! And congratulations for working on your weight issues at a young enough age to have elasticity left in your skin! You are so wise...and I wish you many happy years...in swimsuits, tight jeans, slinky dresses...and sleeveless outfits.

Jan
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
You wore sleeveless!!! Major, just MAJOR WTG for you, Christine! And congratulations for working on your weight issues at a young enough age to have elasticity left in your skin! You are so wise...and I wish you many happy years...in swimsuits, tight jeans, slinky dresses...and sleeveless outfits.

Jan
Ah, thank you, my friend! I can only dream about tight jeans and slinky dresses right now, but maybe all in good time!

BTW, do y'all know that sunburn causes water retention? Got some sun yesterday and I'm sure that's the culprit today! Eating was spot on, for the most part, so I'm just going to wait it out! Hope everyone is enjoying a happy Memorial Day! Low-key here; hit the gym this morning, and now we've been doing stuff around the house. DS is off to his dad's later this afternoon, so maybe DH and I will go grab a drink somewhere!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
WTG with all of your accomplishments.

I did know that sunburn causes water retention as I found that out last Memorial day weekend when we went camping and I ate very clean and had very little alcohol to drank but was sunburn on my legs pretty badly. Everything was swollen and I gained about 4 pounds but I lost it in a few days after my body decided to release the water.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am posting this today so that I can be reminded that although the scale is an evil piece of apparatus that lies and misleads, I must remain committed and loyal to my WOE because in the long term, what matters is how I feel and how I look. And I feel that I look pretty good. Well, passable, at least. Case in point: The dress I am wearing today. When I bought it last month, I could barely fit into it. I could pour myself into it, but it was not pretty, and it was waaaay too short.

Today, I'm wearing the same dress for probably the first and last time. It's too loose in the waist and lower back (but that problem does fix the length issue. If I wore this dress in my size I could never wear it to work because I'd be uncomfortable with the length. But today, it's just above the knee: Perfect), even though when I bought it, I was either this weight or LESS.

The scale is not the picture. The scale is not the picture. The scale is NOT the picture. All together, now......

(For the record, this picture does not do this dress justice. It looks much better in person, and looks much better ON ME in person! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress1.jpg (29.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
The Scale is NOT the picture! Just agreeing with you.

Christine, I don't know if you realize this, you are doing everything RIGHT! Changing your eating habits, making healthier choices, making time to fit exercise into your life, making exercise an integral part of your everyday life. You look amazing, you've come so far and you continue on the quest. For myself, I realize that diligence is everything. I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy for you. You have done this. No one could (or would) do it for you. Keep up the excellent work.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
The Scale is NOT the picture! Just agreeing with you.

Christine, I don't know if you realize this, you are doing everything RIGHT! Changing your eating habits, making healthier choices, making time to fit exercise into your life, making exercise an integral part of your everyday life. You look amazing, you've come so far and you continue on the quest. For myself, I realize that diligence is everything. I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy for you. You have done this. No one could (or would) do it for you. Keep up the excellent work.
Listen to Blonde!!!!!! She said exactly what I was thinking.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
You look so good in that dress Christine! Don't get too down on yourself because of a number on a scale, its sooo easy to do (I am guilty too of course). But everyones right, you have changed your eating and you exercise every day, thats a huge change--and your health will thank you for it! Also, I bet you've lost some inches
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #671

Scales: a love hate relationship....Don't focus too much on it hun. You are doing great.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, ladies. I don't need to tell YOU how annoying it is to do everything right and to still see no scale progress. But I will stay the course.

Read a little bit about this Dukan Diet, and I'm wondering about the virtue of using some "protein days." It seems to be that it'd be quite similar to egg fasts (nutritionally speaking). Dukan is all about using lean meats/lower fat (which, personally, I believe is to appease the fat-fearing public, but whatever; I'm not stepping away from my full-fat dairy products EVER), but I can see the virtue in a few days of protein and water. I'm thinking it might jumpstart my summer. Maybe next week I'll give it a try for a few days! Yesterday's menu:

B: Shake
L: Buffalo chicken salad (realized too late that the chicken was breaded. Ugh)
D: Two bites of turnip au gratin; two pieces of turkey with cheese, a pickle, and mayo
S: Atkins coconut bar

Exercise: Swimming, weightlifting, zumba (managed to fit them all in! Morning, noon, night)

Today's exercise plan: Swimming and zumba

I realized yesterday that swimming annoys me. The water is always cold, so I hate getting in. But when I'm finished, I'm always happy I did it.

Anyone know anything about ebooks? I'm thinking of putting one together.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dukan...need to check that one out. I do tend to lean toward "leaner" proteins and dairy, mostly because of my age and being "post"-menopausal. I don't want my heart to attack me. So, yeah... fear for sure.

I don't know if I could only take two bites of anything...good job on that.

Re: Swimming....hey, you've conquered the exercise issue. Don't want to... but gonna do it anyway!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

What are you looking for in regards to an e-book?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As it turns out, I found what I needed re: Ebooks. Thanks!

Blonde, my resolve is being tested today. I really, really don't want to go to the pool, but I'm going anyway. It can't hurt, right?

Thinking I might shake up my food intake next week with some VLC days. I feel like I need to jumpstart this process! Otherwise, the next 20 lbs might take me the next 20 years.

Exercise yesterday: Swimming, zumba (abbreviated class: 30 minutes), Lifting

Today it's just the pool, then off to the closing ceremony at DS's school. Last day of school today....wow!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

awww...what would happen if you skipped swimming, or traded it out for something else today? climbing, or skating, or bike riding, or soccer with your little cutie? there's always yardwork or housework or house projects, or washing the car if you want productive activity. if those appeal to you...come on over to my house please

happy friday
Old 06-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #677

I like productive exercise myself, but have way to much to do here! LOL Almost ready to move river rock!

Have a great day Christine!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
awww...what would happen if you skipped swimming, or traded it out for something else today? climbing, or skating, or bike riding, or soccer with your little cutie? there's always yardwork or housework or house projects, or washing the car if you want productive activity. if those appeal to you...come on over to my house please

happy friday

JAN!!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Thinking I might shake up my food intake next week with some VLC days. I feel like I need to jumpstart this process! Otherwise, the next 20 lbs might take me the next 20 years.
I think that my last 15-20 pounds is going to take at least that long. I will be right by your side.

Quote:

happy friday
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

threadjack

sorry Christine...but I think your posters were...um... at me...!!! i am most sincere in inviting you to my house to work off pounds. you may have your CHOICE of chores or projects. those who mock me will be so chagrined when i invite THEM to join YOU! i think i have enough work for a team (snicker, snort).

ps and about the last few pounds thing...sigh...just...sigh. we should form a support group JUST for this very thing!

Last edited by JK130; 06-03-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #681

Quote:
sorry Christine...but I think your posters were...um... at me...!!! i am most sincere in inviting you to my house to work off pounds. you may have your CHOICE of chores or projects. those who mock me will be so chagrined when i invite THEM to join YOU! i think i have enough work for a team (snicker, snort).

ps and about the last few pounds thing...sigh...just...sigh. we should form a support group JUST for this very thing!

Yep, we need a group! Thread?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #682

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post14709140

There ya go!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the thread, Kitty! And Jan, I really appreciate your offer!

Been MIA for a few days; took a weekend of amnesty because I was frustrated and irritated. Ate what I wanted, which turned out to be not so bad (but not so good), and I'm going to try to avoid the scale until 7/26 (1-year anniversary). I know I just need to keep at it, but wow. I thought I'd be farther along at this point, but whatever.

Exercise is back on track after a weekend off. Summer schedule is soon to be in full swing, which means that I'll be able to swim only e/o week. Hence I'm trying to pack swimming in every day for the "on" weeks. Today, I swam this morning, heading to zumba soon, then weightlifting after work. Good times.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine~ one of the local dept stores is offering the Zumba DVD collection for $59. I am so tempted!! What do you think? Is it worth the try? I really want to know what you think? (Anyone else can chime in if they want to)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

frustrated and irritated...well, dayum lovely lady, you zeroed in on the important issues! the emotional stuff is kickin my tush...this journey is so hard! FRUSTRATED I am!!! So I totally "get it" when you share.

sigh...and
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, I hope you saw my message about Zumba! Let me know how it goes for you.

Jan,

So I came back from my amnesty weekend stronger in the pool and the gym. I wonder if my feeling frustrated and irritated was a symptom of too much physical activity? Sounds weird, I know, but I think I was just bone tired and needed some time off. Time away from monitoring, planning, exercising.....and then I came back to those things renewed.

I will say this, though: In my "off" weekend, I felt terrible. Headache, extremely fatigued, irritable. All the more proof that I need to stay the course because when I don't, bad things happen.

Exercise today: Swimming (done) and then lifting later. Meeting a high school classmate for lunch today! Haven't seen her in 20 years. Ah, the benefits of Facebook!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Thanks for the thread, Kitty! And Jan, I really appreciate your offer!

Been MIA for a few days; took a weekend of amnesty because I was frustrated and irritated. Ate what I wanted, which turned out to be not so bad (but not so good), and I'm going to try to avoid the scale until 7/26 (1-year anniversary). I know I just need to keep at it, but wow. I thought I'd be farther along at this point, but whatever.

Exercise is back on track after a weekend off. Summer schedule is soon to be in full swing, which means that I'll be able to swim only e/o week. Hence I'm trying to pack swimming in every day for the "on" weeks. Today, I swam this morning, heading to zumba soon, then weightlifting after work. Good times.
I know how you feel too, I am very frustrated at the scale, and just don't know what to do anymore. I think keeping it at is the best thing we can do right now even though our mind and body are fighting with eachother. You are doing amazing Christine!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ZUMBA

Hi! Thanks for the links!! I'm getting it today.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Christine~ one of the local dept stores is offering the Zumba DVD collection for $59. I am so tempted!! What do you think? Is it worth the try? I really want to know what you think? (Anyone else can chime in if they want to)

Which store?? Maybe there's one up North too. I think it really looks fun.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #690

I do think our bodies need a recovery day or 2 when we are working them to the max. Now, you can go back to working it stronger and do this!

Still pluggin along at it here! Off work (well got to go back Mon. to finish up some stuff) for the summer now, so I'm planning on using my time to work it myself here!