Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
keep on fighting, friend

and then try to Happy Monday to you!

i'm sorry those two pounds seem to like you so much.
Love that little fighter!! And while I understand that my awesomeness attracts all sorts of things, FAT is something I'd rather not attract so well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
lol! Sounds like me and my mid-to-upper 240's. This week's gonna be the reintroduction of exercise I think.
You'll see some good changes this week for sure!

Going to be crazy-attentive to my nutrition this week: Took a terrible fall in the parking lot this morning, and my knee is blowing up like a balloon. Looks like I'll need to take a little time off from exercise as it heals. GReAT.

At least I can still do ab work!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Going to be crazy-attentive to my nutrition this week: Took a terrible fall in the parking lot this morning, and my knee is blowing up like a balloon. Looks like I'll need to take a little time off from exercise as it heals. GReAT.

At least I can still do ab work!
Uh Oh! take care of that! Protect Rest Ice NSAID Compression Elevation<-- the limit of my medical expertise, lol

feel better!
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
oh no...do take care, Christine. that sounds so painful!

I DID NOT KNOW that the party was ON at your place (you being so attractive and all)...I will cheerfully share my 5 extra pounds to join your 2
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Oh no Christine! I hope that your knee is ok!

Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

How is that knee doing?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for asking and for your well-wishes and advice! My knee looks terrible. Huge gash and today it's blackening up! At least it isn't worse; I don't think I have any serious damage, just bruising. My lower back hurts, though, and I feel like I pulled something. My left hip is bruising as well. Frustrating! I hate injuries. So I've been in a fairly dark mood since yesterday morning, just trying to deal with the irritation PLUS a last-minute showing of our house last night (which isn't technically on the market yet). DH and I were running around like morons for two hours, which I think contributed to my pain today. Up the stairs, down the stairs. I don't think the guy who showed up last night will be "our" buyer, but it's a start!

Food has been good for two days. Yesterday:

B: Protein shake
L: Chicken, cheese, salsa
D: Chicken breast with L,T, bacon, mayo; ranch wings; side salad

Today:
B: Protein Shake
L: Salad
D: Pizza topping of one slice plus a chicken gorgonzola salad
S: HWC with protein powder, a little almond butter, and a little SF chocolate

Hoping I can get back to Zumba on Friday, but we'll see. The back pain is concerning.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

You really are banged up over there. I'm sorry. Sounds like ice is needed on your whole body not just your knee. Might as well just go for the ice bath.

My husband broke his ankle tonight so we have to go to the orthopedic tomorrow to see how to proceed. Hopefully they just boot it and send us on our merry way. It has been a horrible bad two days and I am ready to run and hide from everyone.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Dawn!!!! Ankle injuries are so painful! I hope DH is ok and that you are coping with his incapacitation! Hang in there!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Wow Christine! Your knee sounds like it hurt something terrible. I'm so sorry! I did have to laugh at your "the same two pounds" comment. Ain't it the truth? Time to slow down a little, work those abs (if your back and hip allow) and learn to make gourmet low carb food....mmmmmm.

Dawn, I'm sorry about your DH's ankle. I have sprained both of mine before...black and blue and swollen but never actually broken. I hope a boot is all he needs.

Is the weather getting any better where you live? Are the injuries "ice" related?
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Christine & Blonde... He is being a good patient. He has two avulsions, one on the inner and one on the outer ankle. The good news is because he is listening to me and being a good patient the swelling is minimal and the bruising really isn't there yet. With the swelling not being so bad right now that is really helping with the pain. The Dr. said that seeing he is doing ok in the air cast there is no reason to put him in the boot. Hopefully the bone fragments will be absorbed by his body. Another x ray and check up in 6 weeks. He plans on going back to work.

Blonde, no the ice didn't play into the injury... Him being "old" and trying to act like an 18 year old playing basketball is what did him in.

In all seriousness, he is 51 and in really good shape. He was running down the court and his foot stuck and he rolled it. He wasn't even supposed to play last night. This is the 2nd injury this season and is finally giving it up. So now he will be home to bug me on Tuesday nights! Ugh!

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
So now he will be home to bug me on Tuesday nights! Ugh!
hehehe, my BF is home from a month on work travel and I am more than happy to be able to see him again... but i developed my own little routines while he was gone and now he is affecting them, lol.

Christine, sounds like you need a massage :-)
Valentines day is coming up isn't it? Sounds like a good alternative to chocolates to me... :-)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, Christine I hope you are feeling better today, but guessing that you are pretty stiff and sore. more
Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ended up taking the full week off from the gym/Zumba, including today. My knee is just not ready for it yet, as it's still tender. At least my back is better. Resting was the right thing to do in that regard.

Laundry, baseball sign-ups, lunch with a friend, and then a show tonight with DH. Should be a good time. Hope everyone has fun weekend plans as well!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spirilis
Stats: 265/230/200; 5'11"
WOE: N.Ketosis
Start Date: Dec 2010
Hope that knee feels better soon!
spirilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Ended up taking the full week off from the gym/Zumba, including today. My knee is just not ready for it yet, as it's still tender. At least my back is better. Resting was the right thing to do in that regard.

Laundry, baseball sign-ups, lunch with a friend, and then a show tonight with DH. Should be a good time. Hope everyone has fun weekend plans as well!
You'll be your ole' active self again in no time. Rest and enjoy your family.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, everyone. I'm disappointed because I had plans to do Zumba Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and clearly that didn't happen. But tomorrow begins a new week and I hope things will be better.

Holding steady at 182-3, which is great maintenance but with another 25 lbs. left to lose, I need to get this train moving!!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Weekend friend! I'm glad you're recovering, and understand the frustrations of dealing with a "reluctant" (injured, old, ill, whatever) body It's part of the whole process I guess - for better or worse - cause you don't get to trade in a body for a new one. YOU are re-making yours tho! And doing an amazing job at it too!!!!

Question for you...is journaling helping you with weight loss? nutrition support? exercise encouragement? or?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Christine! Just stoppin' in to say Hi, Happy Valentines Day (belated)! I hope your knee is mending! Hang in there girlie.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

just stopping by to say
Old 02-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping in! Hope you all had a good Valentine's Day! It has been pretty busy around here, so I haven't been online much. I did want to answer your question, Jan about the helpfulness of using a journal:

For the six months (July - January) that I was steadily losing and adapting to this lifestyle, it was very helpful for me to process my thoughts about weightloss because I don't want to bore anyone IRL with these ruminations. It was helpful for me to put it down to get it out of my head and move on.

These days, I'm not as motivated, mostly because I'm not losing consistently so I'm not thinking about it all the time.

I do know what I can do to get back to losing consistently: Reduce dairy, eliminate the 1-2 SF chocolates I eat each day, eliminate wine on the weekends.

But what's the point of living, then?

I'm looking at this as a long-term plan, so I'm just living my life right now. I'm testing the limits, and soon I'll rein it in to get back into Serious Weightloss mode. I want to go down 25 more pounds, and that seems like such an attainable goal. I lost the urgency I had six months ago.

But I think that's ok. I have good tools now and have a good handle on my nutrition.

So that's a long way of saying that yes -- this journal certainly helped me over the course of six months. I think it could be helpful in the future as well, but I no longer feel compelled to wax poetic anymore; I think I've processed a good deal of "stuff."
Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping in! Hope you all had a good Valentine's Day! It has been pretty busy around here, so I haven't been online much. I did want to answer your question, Jan about the helpfulness of using a journal:

For the six months (July - January) that I was steadily losing and adapting to this lifestyle, it was very helpful for me to process my thoughts about weightloss because I don't want to bore anyone IRL with these ruminations. It was helpful for me to put it down to get it out of my head and move on.

These days, I'm not as motivated, mostly because I'm not losing consistently so I'm not thinking about it all the time.

I do know what I can do to get back to losing consistently: Reduce dairy, eliminate the 1-2 SF chocolates I eat each day, eliminate wine on the weekends.

But what's the point of living, then?

I'm looking at this as a long-term plan, so I'm just living my life right now. I'm testing the limits, and soon I'll rein it in to get back into Serious Weightloss mode. I want to go down 25 more pounds, and that seems like such an attainable goal. I lost the urgency I had six months ago.

But I think that's ok. I have good tools now and have a good handle on my nutrition.

So that's a long way of saying that yes -- this journal certainly helped me over the course of six months. I think it could be helpful in the future as well, but I no longer feel compelled to wax poetic anymore; I think I've processed a good deal of "stuff."

Everything you said sounds so much like the things that have gone through my head! I would like to lose 10 more pounds but I want to live and enjoy a glass of wine or SF chocolate. I eat a low carb life and enjoy the foods I eat. So if I stay this weight forever I guess I would just deal with it. I really would just like to lose some thigh.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, that's the other thing I meant to mention, Dawn: I could stay this weight forever. I'm not "thin" by any stretch, but I'm the thinnest I've been in a long time. I'm comfortable at this weight. That's something else that doesn't inspire urgency for me.

Now, granted, I'm not thrilled with the idea of being in a bathing suit in public, and since we have season passes for an amusement/water park for the summer, I expect that I'll be sensing some urgency in short order.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, that's the other thing I meant to mention, Dawn: I could stay this weight forever. I'm not "thin" by any stretch, but I'm the thinnest I've been in a long time. I'm comfortable at this weight. That's something else that doesn't inspire urgency for me.

Now, granted, I'm not thrilled with the idea of being in a bathing suit in public, and since we have season passes for an amusement/water park for the summer, I expect that I'll be sensing some urgency in short order.
The idea of a bathing suit make me want to !!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

well friends....THIS old lady wore a swimsuit for the first time in many, many years last summer (in a private pool, with shorts on top but i did it) and it felt delicious. everything jiggled and woggled...too bad/oh well...it was fun, and nobody else cared lol. you will have a wonderful time wearing any kind of sports clothing you choose!!

thanks for the thoughts about journaling, Christine...and especially for sharing your weight loss efforts. every now and then i think i should be recording my current journey. it's not very exciting tho
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Christine, sounds like your head is in the right place :-) Not needing a journal as much is probably a good sign that you have changed your lifestyle for the better in terms of food. Hoping i get there.... :-)
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would love to read your reflections, Jan!! And Charlie, you will get there! You're well on your way! Dawn, fear not the swimsuit. I have seen your gorgeous picture! You have nothing to worry about!

Back down close to the 170s. I hope to get in there for good very soon, maybe by the time I return from Florida next week (work, not vacation, unfortunately). I have my weigh-in for month 1 of our competition and I don't want to let my teammate down!!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I would love to read your reflections, Jan!! And Charlie, you will get there! You're well on your way! Dawn, fear not the swimsuit. I have seen your gorgeous picture! You have nothing to worry about!

Back down close to the 170s. I hope to get in there for good very soon, maybe by the time I return from Florida next week (work, not vacation, unfortunately). I have my weigh-in for month 1 of our competition and I don't want to let my teammate down!!
I, too, would be interested in reading Jan's reflections.

Christine while you are in Florida get your eyes check because you must have been looking at someone else's picture because there is no way my pictures are "gorgeous". Unless, of course, you are looking at our dogs. I would be ok with my upper body in a bathing suit...lower FORGET IT! This pear shape is stuck.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Dawn!!! I'm sure it's not that bad!!! BUT if you are uncomfortable, have you considered a tankini with the skirt on the bottom? There are some really cute ones out there these days!

I read on another thread that butter in coffee is tasty, so instead of adding HWC to my protein shake (made with coffee) this morning, I added butter to the coffee before putting it in the shake. I have to say, it's not bad. Not as creamy, obviously, but I'm trying to cut down on the HWC these days to get things moving.

I also made this last night:

4 T butter, melted
1 or 2 T cocoa (dark, unsweetened; recall that I'm not a big measurer, so.....)
3/4 or so scoop of whey protein powder (vanilla)
a shot of SF choc. sauce and a smaller shot of SF caramel

Mix butter and cocoa until pasty. Add in other ingredients and mix until blended. Scoop into container of choice and refrigerate.

It's sort of like a crust on an oreo pie......with the SF taste permeating it. If I make it again, I'll keep out the SF syrups, probably. I don't think they contribute much except the weirdness.

Oh, and it looks like poop. Don't be alarmed (like DS: WHO PUT POOP IN THE REFRIGERATOR??? That's not poop, dear. That's your mother's dinner. ).
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

eeewwwww. i was totally with you on having sweet chocolate butter for dinner...until the description part i keep picking up and putting down the sf chocolates cause they still have a lot of cal and carbs. i did buy a bar or real dark chocolate that i'm going to add to my weekend.

happy eating today, Christine. how is your knee?