Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Market, MD
Posts: 941
Gallery: spirilis
Stats: 265/230/200; 5'11"
WOE: N.Ketosis
Start Date: Dec 2010
That's awesome. 20 lbs isn't really that much once you're near ideal BMI.

I'd like to be in the BMI=25 to 28 range, so it looks like my target is 180-200lbs. I guess once I reach 200lbs I will be celebrating! 50lbs to go...
spirilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
20 lbs to go :-) now is the time I bet most people start to get lax. So close to goal... keep going strong!

159 is normal range for me. I picked 150 as my goal to put me within the normal. I may change to a lower weight once I get there. It will all depend on how I feel and what weight is normal for me to maintain.

by the way.... thanks for the tips on the almond butter, Dawn. I got a new food processor for christmas this year and had not used it yet. I tried making some and now I have a container of it in the fridge. It was interesting though, I ending up have to add a little bit of oil and water to get it less dry. When I first did it all i ended up with was very finely chopping almonds and not butter. :-) Now I need to put it on something, lol.
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!
 
Princessdmw33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Western New York
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
179.8

No Zumba due to snow AGAIN. Another snowday for DS (that's two this week and three this month), so he's thrilled, of course! Going to hit Zumba tomorrow morning, I hope, and maybe I can get to the gym this afternoon when DH comes home. Little does DS know that he'll be spending part of the day at the library with me working on his social studies project!

Yesterday I attended a large meeting; many of my colleagues hadn't seen me since before the holidays, and I got a lot of "hey, skinny girl" comments. But really, people. The perspective is totally skewed. I clearly look better than I did, but when compared to an average person, I'm still overweight. I need to lose another 20 before I can cross over into "normal" range. So it's a little hard for me to hear those comments because I think that while I look fine when compared to Fat(ter) Christine, I do NOT look fine when compared to Average Person.

Anyway, the fact is that I know I have lots more work to do, and I'm committed to doing it. I really love that I am within 20 lbs of "normal" (a purely subjective term, typically, but in this case, I am referring to the BMI scale). That's something I really could not conceptualize even just three months ago. Twenty pounds? It's something and nothing at the same time, in the grand scheme.
Your comment about your son spending the day at the library made me LOL. Good job Mom!

I know how you feel when people make comments like "hey skinny". It is weird and then you think to yourself what did they really think before. I have seen the pictures of you and you look great no matter what you think. You are doing an awesome job Christine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
20 lbs to go :-) now is the time I bet most people start to get lax. So close to goal... keep going strong!

159 is normal range for me. I picked 150 as my goal to put me within the normal. I may change to a lower weight once I get there. It will all depend on how I feel and what weight is normal for me to maintain.

by the way.... thanks for the tips on the almond butter, Dawn. I got a new food processor for christmas this year and had not used it yet. I tried making some and now I have a container of it in the fridge. It was interesting though, I ending up have to add a little bit of oil and water to get it less dry. When I first did it all i ended up with was very finely chopping almonds and not butter. :-) Now I need to put it on something, lol.
If you don't leave the roasted almonds in the food processor for long enough it will end up in that consistency. It really does turn to a soft butter if you leave it on for a long time at least 5 minutes. My ears hurt by the time it is done! The one time that my husband bought me unsalted roasted almonds I had to add oil. I don't know why that was but it just didn't have the right consistency. Did yours have salt? The other thing about the salted one to be cautious of (learned unfortunately) is to make sure all that added salt doesn't get put in the food processor because it was horribly salty and there wasn't enough splenda in the world to cover up that taste.
__________________
____________________________

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 222
Gallery: MissMelodie
Stats: 292/283/GW1:160/GW2: 140, 5'6.5 tall
WOE: low carb, under 20 g/day
Start Date: Jan 2, 2011
Wow Christine you are so close to your healthy weight goal! You haven't even been at this a whole year yet and you're only 20 pounds away! That is awesome. Although I do know the last few pounds are the hardest to get off and take longer.....so I will be cheering you on with everyone else!!!
MissMelodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
[quote=GatorEng2007;14296679]20 lbs to go :-) now is the time I bet most people start to get lax. So close to goal... keep going strong!

159 is normal range for me. I picked 150 as my goal to put me within the normal. I may change to a lower weight once I get there. It will all depend on how I feel and what weight is normal for me to maintain.

[QUOTE]

Yes, 150 is my goal as well; 159 is the very top end of "normal" for me as well. I think I will probably fall over dead when I see 150 on the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Your comment about your son spending the day at the library made me LOL. Good job Mom!

I know how you feel when people make comments like "hey skinny". It is weird and then you think to yourself what did they really think before. I have seen the pictures of you and you look great no matter what you think. You are doing an awesome job Christine.
Oh yeah. He was not thrilled about heading to the library, but OH WELL. We need to use our time wisely! And thanks for your kind comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMelodie View Post
Wow Christine you are so close to your healthy weight goal! You haven't even been at this a whole year yet and you're only 20 pounds away! That is awesome. Although I do know the last few pounds are the hardest to get off and take longer.....so I will be cheering you on with everyone else!!!
Thank you! I appreciate your support!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
181.8

Seriously, TOM? I was thinking last night about how so much of the weightloss equation is out of our control. Taubes reinforces that point, and when I think about how -- especially for women -- hormones wreak so much havoc on our systems, it's amazing that ANYONE can lose weight! Despite my best efforts, I retain serious water weight, and I'm tempted to stop weighing for a week. But that would totally ruin my spreadsheet, so I can't so that.

Busy day for us today. Zumba, then a basketball game, then a potluck. I made KAC for the potluck (Kick A$$ Chili), which I cannot wait to enjoy later (I just totally mistyped "wait" as "weight." I think I need to get a life and stop thinking about weightloss so much). It's going to be a cold one today!! Winter has been a challenge without my extra 50 lbs of insulation. I'm freezing all the time!
__________________
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." Robert Collier

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Despite my best efforts, I retain serious water weight, and I'm tempted to stop weighing for a week. But that would totally ruin my spreadsheet, so I can't so that
hehehehe, what a nerd
Though I don't have room to talk here... there is still always a graphing calculator in my purse, excel is docked to the task bar on my laptop and I always chuckle when someone says "Arkansas" because it is the inverse of Kansas

(hehehe, get it?? Arkansas...arc-Kansas... kind of like how arcsine is the inverse of sine...no?...oh... ok, I will stop amusing myself then)

Though in all seriousness weighing weekly may be good. you could always try it for a week or two and then extrapolate your data for the days that you do not weigh in :-)
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Thank you for the nerd break! You're well beyond me, though! I'm a nerd, for sure, but definitely not in math!

I decided to take a week off from weighing, just to see how things go. Between TOM and a minor transgression this weekend, I need to just refocus on my choices each day and forget about the scale. So next Monday I will weigh in again.

I won't get into detail about my transgression, but let me just say that TOM and little girls in green jumpers with big puppy dog eyes do not mix. I'm glad the girls in green come around only once per year!

ETA: I am in serious pain today. DS and I had some hard-core football time yesterday; we made up our own rules, and it involved punting to one another then attempting to sprint past the other person for a TD (we played in a gym, so the running was about 3/4 of a gym length). We did that for an hour and let me tell you.....my quads are shredded! I'm not used to sprinting, and I forgot how much quad power that activity requires. Excellent workout, though, and the kind I prefer! I can't do an hour on the dreadmill, but I can play the punt game any day of the week (well, except today. Ow).

Last edited by ChristineCQ; 01-24-2011 at 04:11 AM..
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
If tiny little girls in green with giant puppy dogs for eyes show up at my door, I am heading for the hills... ;-)
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
NSV: I realized while in a meeting yesterday that I can cross my legs under the tables around here. I wasn't really able to do that before.

Hit the gym yesterday despite a busy schedule and seriously shredded quads, and I'm glad I went. My program called for a really tough upper-body workout yesterday, and it felt great. 20 lb dumbbells, incline bench; that was the day's challenge, and I killed it. I also added push-ups to my routine (girl style, for now), and I've gone from 10 to 15 to now 18. And that's progress from one workout to the next, not one WEEK to the next. I think that's pretty good!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,662
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
NSV: I realized while in a meeting yesterday that I can cross my legs under the tables around here. I wasn't really able to do that before.

Hit the gym yesterday despite a busy schedule and seriously shredded quads, and I'm glad I went. My program called for a really tough upper-body workout yesterday, and it felt great. 20 lb dumbbells, incline bench; that was the day's challenge, and I killed it. I also added push-ups to my routine (girl style, for now), and I've gone from 10 to 15 to now 18. And that's progress from one workout to the next, not one WEEK to the next. I think that's pretty good!
Now that's what I call exercise!!! You are amazing! I don't ever see myself doing that kind of work out without a ninja with a whip behind me....You are my exercise hero!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
awesome exercise...and doesn't the crossing your legs thing feel wonderful! wait til you can see through a gap when you have your thighs pressed together. you will be all giddy...and everyone else will not have a clue
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
awesome exercise...and doesn't the crossing your legs thing feel wonderful! wait til you can see through a gap when you have your thighs pressed together. you will be all giddy...and everyone else will not have a clue

There can be a gap there!?! who knew?
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
There can be a gap there!?! who knew?
wait for it...wait for it....
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
There can be a gap there!?! who knew?
Right??? On the Callanetics DVD is a picture of what Callan thinks a woman's body is "supposed" to look like. she says the lower body should touch in only four spots (or something). I can't exactly remember. But there was a LOT of GAP and I thought, "My legs touch in ONE spot.....from crotch to ankle!" One continuous line of flesh. It's true, though. :blush: If I ever see daylight, remind me not to call the doctor! I'll assume something is wrong with me because I don't think I've ever had a gap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Now that's what I call exercise!!! You are amazing! I don't ever see myself doing that kind of work out without a ninja with a whip behind me....You are my exercise hero!
You never know, lady! The exercise bug might just hit you!!

Made some cream cheese cupcakes last night. They're kind of a breakfast food, so I ate one with my regular breakfast. I brought two more for lunch along with my roast beef. I don't know what it is right now, but TOM is really kicking my butt. Cramps, bloating, the whole thing. I cannot wait until next week.

Snowing like crazy here.....
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member
 
GatorEng2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 326
Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
There might be space actually.... but only because my knees angle in so the space starts at the knees and goes down..does that count?


Quote:
I don't know what it is right now, but TOM is really kicking my butt. Cramps, bloating, the whole thing. I cannot wait until next week.
I hear ya...
breakfast this morning : hard boiled egg and 2 Midol (70 calories )
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Christine, i saw a recipe online for chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling that reminded me of your family's holiday tradition. they looked decadent and delicious. i haven't done any baking in january...oh...i did make a pan of lc brownies...easy, wonderful...and...

i ate the whole thing in 3 days:blush::blush:
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Jan, that's exactly why I can never make LC desserts!! I eat them ALL within days. I think I had three (or four?) of those cream cheese cupcakes yesterday, which is why I'm not making them again!!

Working hard on my fitness commitment this week; I set a goal to be up to 25 (girl) pushups by Sunday, and I'm at 20 right now (plus one real one!). Pushups and planks have always been very difficult for me, but I want to get better at them. They're the perfect upper-body exercise (and good for the core as well; I can feel it when I do them). I feel like I've mastered my core exercises, but the pushups elude me. Therefore, I am committed. Twenty-five by Sunday, and then progressive increases each workout. I want to add at least three per workout. When I get up to 50, then I'll start with "real" pushups and set the same goals.

The great thing is that even when I'm snowed in (today!), I can work on this goal at home. I'll do those AFTER I shovel! Fortunately I have my recreational shoveler home with me (DS) and he'll be a great help out there!

Zumba tomorrow morning and Saturday morning, and maybe some lifting on Sunday. We'll see.

I'm slowly adding my protein shake back into my diet. I drank one over the weekend without a problem, and I'm having one now. I drink it very slowly so that at the first sign of any stomach discomfort, I can stop. I've been on a 60-day Prilosec regimen, so I hope that fixed me up. So far, so good!

And I think that's all the randomness this morning! One more thing: What's for dinner? I need to head out to the farmer's market later, so I'll stop at the butcher to pick something up, I think. What sounds good to you these days?
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,662
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
What's for dinner? I need to head out to the farmer's market later, so I'll stop at the butcher to pick something up, I think. What sounds good to you these days?

Slow cooked pulled pork....
London Broil with mushrooms sauteed' in butter
Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts
Slow cooked boneless ribs in wine and mushroom sauce

BBQ'd anything!

PB&J Sandwich (now I'm just being perverse)

Pepperoni Pizza with cauliflower crust...it must be n up day for me, otherwise I'd just be torturing myself.
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!
 
easwann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 2,704
Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hi Christine! Thought I'd catch up with you. You are amazing , I love reading your posts.
I am glad your stomach is feeling better.. btw, where in Pa are you? Sorry, I cant remember...

Have a great day snowed in..I wish I had a designated shoveler.. oh yeah , I do.. ME!

Lizzie
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
What's for dinner? I need to head out to the farmer's market later, so I'll stop at the butcher to pick something up, I think. What sounds good to you these days?

Slow cooked pulled pork....
London Broil with mushrooms sauteed' in butter
Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts
Slow cooked boneless ribs in wine and mushroom sauce

BBQ'd anything!

PB&J Sandwich (now I'm just being perverse)

Pepperoni Pizza with cauliflower crust...it must be n up day for me, otherwise I'd just be torturing myself.
Sounds delicious! Thanks for the ideas. I bought 5 lbs. of chicken, so I'm probably going to make those stuffed breasts this week! And I'm also going to do pizza. I saw a variation of the crust: 3 eggs, mozz. cheese, spices, and no cauliflower. I'm going to give it a try! The cauli can be a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easwann View Post
Hi Christine! Thought I'd catch up with you. You are amazing , I love reading your posts.
I am glad your stomach is feeling better.. btw, where in Pa are you? Sorry, I cant remember...

Have a great day snowed in..I wish I had a designated shoveler.. oh yeah , I do.. ME!

Lizzie
Hi Lizzie!! Thanks for stopping by! I did some serious shoveling this week (we're about 45 min. north of Philly), and I hear we're supposed to get more on Tuesday. GREAT. Hope you are having a great weekend!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Well, it's time to get down to Serious Business this week. I joined a fitness competition at work (I've done it before), where an entry fee is paid and exercise or nutrition plus weight or body fat % are tracked. I signed up for exercise and weight tracking. I am part of a team, so that will keep me very motivated since I won't want to let them down. I love competition, so this is going to be great for me. It's just what I need right now.

Not that things haven't been going well. I haven't been weighing this week, though, and it has been fairly liberating to avoid the scale for a bit (ok, I admit that I did sneak a few weigh-in sessions in and I was just weighed when I signed up for the contest) because I took this week to try out maintenance. I wanted to see how I would do if I let myself just "eat normally" ---- as in avoiding thinking/planning all the time and seeing how I would do.

I did great. I ate my normal "on plan" foods. I wanted to see what I'd gravitate to naturally, and what I gravitated to was my regular on-plan stuff. I cannot express how pleased I am because this fact, to me, means more than all the lost pounds in the world. It means that I have re-tooled and retrained my body to eat the appropriate foods. It means that I CAN have part of a cupcake while I'm baking them for DS and DH and not totally kick into high sugar mode. It means that I CAN BE NORMAL. I know that normal is a totally subjective term, but in my world, "normal" means that sugar is not like crack and that one bite doesn't lead to another. It means that my body craves the food it needs, not just empty pleasure-inducing crap.

That part of the transition, beyond all else, means so much to me. Don't get me wrong, I was as pleased as punch to be rocking my size 12 jeans last night and to have my husband's eyes glued to me for the entire evening () (remember that I was formerly a size 20, so while 12 isn't "small" by any stretch, it's definitely a size that looks good on me and it's a big improvement from where I was!), but I was even MORE pleased to have attended a party where I could have indulged in the most lovely desserts and appetizers but instead chose to eat celery, broccoli, and buffalo cheese dip. I was MORE pleased to have then hung out at a neighborhood gastro-pub with friends where everyone ate huge entrees at around 8pm, and I just stuck with my wine because I was legitimately not hungry; I listened to my body instead of simply getting something because it looked good ---- eating for the sake of eating.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
I am so happy for you!!!! Completely and utterly thrilled!!!!!

If you do have hard times in the future, reread this post of yours to know with certainty that it is possible for you to eat well and live well, with strength, serenity and confidence.

Awesome.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!
 
Princessdmw33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Western New York
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
I am so happy for you!!!! Completely and utterly thrilled!!!!!

If you do have hard times in the future, reread this post of yours to know with certainty that it is possible for you to eat well and live well, with strength, serenity and confidence.

Awesome.
^^^^^
THIS
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Hey Christine, Can you share details of your work place challenge? i'm interested in encouraging my co-workers and this might be a terrific choice.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:32 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
181.2

Back to daily weighing. Thanks for your support, ladies!

Jan, I will PM you later this morning with the details of our challenge; I need to look up a few things because I don't know off-hand how the point system works.

Hitting the gym today; took the weekend off from exercise because I was so busy. But now it's back to it: Gym today, Zumba tomorrow, gym Wednesday and Thursday, Zumba Friday and Saturday. I haven't been doing my pushups, so it'll be back to that today as well. I have two soups on the menu this week: Cream of mushroom and chicken vegetable. Looking forward to those; it's definitely soup weather.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern CA
Posts: 2,118
Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
good morning Christine. don't go to a lot of trouble. a general outline is good enough.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Here's how it works, Jan:

People work in teams and can pick a track: Food log or exercise log, then body fat % or weight. If you pick -- as I did -- exercise and weight, then you track your exercise minutes and calories; you get one point for every 20 minutes of weight training or 100 calories of cardio. You also get points for the pounds lost. People doing the food log get points for water intake and fruit/vegetable intake. Body fat % is awarded points for decreases. Not sure what the ratio is for the points, though. Additionally, people can get extra points by attending wellness seminars, nutrition talks, etc. Weigh-ins are one time/month, and at the end, the winning team splits the cash! It's a great motivator!

Today I hit the gym at did 25 (girl) push-ups and 2 real ones, plus a 10-second plank. I'd like to be at 35 push-ups by this time next week!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,662
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Well, it's time to get down to Serious Business this week. I joined a fitness competition at work (I've done it before), where an entry fee is paid and exercise or nutrition plus weight or body fat % are tracked. I signed up for exercise and weight tracking. I am part of a team, so that will keep me very motivated since I won't want to let them down. I love competition, so this is going to be great for me. It's just what I need right now.

Not that things haven't been going well. I haven't been weighing this week, though, and it has been fairly liberating to avoid the scale for a bit (ok, I admit that I did sneak a few weigh-in sessions in and I was just weighed when I signed up for the contest) because I took this week to try out maintenance. I wanted to see how I would do if I let myself just "eat normally" ---- as in avoiding thinking/planning all the time and seeing how I would do.

I did great. I ate my normal "on plan" foods. I wanted to see what I'd gravitate to naturally, and what I gravitated to was my regular on-plan stuff. I cannot express how pleased I am because this fact, to me, means more than all the lost pounds in the world. It means that I have re-tooled and retrained my body to eat the appropriate foods. It means that I CAN have part of a cupcake while I'm baking them for DS and DH and not totally kick into high sugar mode. It means that I CAN BE NORMAL. I know that normal is a totally subjective term, but in my world, "normal" means that sugar is not like crack and that one bite doesn't lead to another. It means that my body craves the food it needs, not just empty pleasure-inducing crap.

That part of the transition, beyond all else, means so much to me. Don't get me wrong, I was as pleased as punch to be rocking my size 12 jeans last night and to have my husband's eyes glued to me for the entire evening () (remember that I was formerly a size 20, so while 12 isn't "small" by any stretch, it's definitely a size that looks good on me and it's a big improvement from where I was!), but I was even MORE pleased to have attended a party where I could have indulged in the most lovely desserts and appetizers but instead chose to eat celery, broccoli, and buffalo cheese dip. I was MORE pleased to have then hung out at a neighborhood gastro-pub with friends where everyone ate huge entrees at around 8pm, and I just stuck with my wine because I was legitimately not hungry; I listened to my body instead of simply getting something because it looked good ---- eating for the sake of eating.
This is just...wonderful. Who would think that being "normal" could be so exciting, but I totally get it! I'm so happy for you!!! Good luck on your competition...how did I know you were the competitive type???
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ChristineCQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,495
Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Thank you, Blonde! I am really, really looking forward to maintenance now because I know I have the tools to do it. It won't be easy all the time, but I know what needs to be done.

Today is a snow day, and tomorrow will be as well, most likely. I did manage to get out to the gym today, where I did 30 girl push-ups and six real ones, plus a 10-second plank. But it was packed in the gym, so I didn't really get my full workout, but still....I'm glad I could go. I might not leave the house again until Thursday!

I did weigh myself this morning but I forget what it was. And now, my bacon is finished baking! Gotta run!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.