Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
[B]10.16.10
We had a lovely visit and the boys had fun watching the race. My bff and I sat outside on the patio and talked the entire evening away! They raved over how much weight we've lost and how great we look! But my BFF has lost 15lbs recently and I raved about how great she looks! It felt nice having that positive feedback that all of our efforts are visible to others and we're making a difference!
That's great, Pooti!! It's really a good feeling to have other people notice. You are doing so great!

You're pizza sounds good! When I was low carbing I used to make Cleo's crust (the one with egg & cheese, not the cauliflower one although I should try it). It was good and even my SO liked it. I still use it once in a while although it's been a long time.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #122
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Thank you Jiggles!

I really love Cleo's Zucchini pizza crust. I am just trying to make something that stays really crispy. Just pushing the edge of the envelope lol! I also like Nancyelle's Pizza crust. That's almost what KevinPAs reminded me of!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Oh Pooti, just change birthday celebration for anniversary, and your post No. 113 is exactly what I have been going through. On Friday I managed to stay just below 500 calories by the skin of my teeth, but Saturday and Sunday I just went to h**l in a handbasket. Today is a DD and I've had bare nekkid shrimp, 1 RyVita cracker and 1.25 ounces of cheddar for 260 calories. That leaves me a comfortable margin for dinner. The problem will come with my out of control UDs. I know I will chicken out of weighing myself tomorrow.

I hope you figure out how to post pix. I'm hoping for a tutorial from my DS next month. I am such a hopeless old fogey that I don't even text.

To end this rather pathetic dirge on an upbeat, I'm going to go for a nice long walk by the sea and reflect on how fortunate I am to be living in such a beautiful place and how lucky to have such good friends to vent to.

Pat
Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #124
the condiment queen

Awww hon! I can sooo relate! I don't know what drives us to go off the deep end or to be tempted to go off the deep end. If it helps, I really believe there is a neurochemical/biochemical effect that happens to some of us in response to toxic substances like sugar and high glycemic carbs (especially grains and maybe even casein in cheese). I think for some of us it's like a fast dashing roller coaster - like opium or speed from an addiction standpoint. This is only my theory but why else, would I go back to feeling sane and in controll of my eating after 2 days? Really about 36hours after consuming only God knows how much sugar in a half glass of ice tea? It felt like the crazy days of old. And I know I'm not that girl anymore. You know?

So I think the same thing happened to you and if you can get past the 2 days of "Mr. Hare's Wild Ride", you will come out on top of things! I want to encourage you to stay honest with yourself and "keep things in the light" - so weigh tomorrow ok? It may not be as bad as you think and if it is? Remember, it's water and will come up with a clean week. The reality is as small as just telling yourself that it was a choice to forgo losing for 1 week, to share that special time with your DH. Not so bad now, eh?

You are extremely blessed Pat! Let us rejoice and be glad, right?! Friends are awesome aren't they? (And I too need to figure out how to do this technology stuff!!! Grrrr!)

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #125
the condiment queen

Weight - 255.6 lbs (Post-poopy)
Fasting Blood Sugar 96

Morning everyone. Just a quick one since today is crazy busy. Yesterday was a successful down day. I'm really liking carrying the UD/DD rotation straight through the weekend. I feel more normal and in control of things.

The scale is crazy! I will just say that now. I should not be losing since I had the 2 glasses of wine on Saturday evening. I should be up a couple pounds but I'm not! Instead the scale is moving down again!!! Yippee tieyeah!!!!! I'm down to 255.6lbs! Less than 2 lbs away from my 60 lb weightloss marker. Thank you God!

Yesterday's DD was uneventful. I cooked for my sissy and it didn't even bother me nor tempt me in any way. I had to taste a couple of dishes for seasoning but I gave myself about a 70 calorie margin cuz it would be sooo hard to try to compute nutrients in something the size of a 1/4tsp, etc. Will hopefully be back later to post more.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 DD Menu:

B - Decaff Coffee, black, unsweetened

L - Water

D - 4oz Pork Loin Roast (280)
6oz Broccoli, steamed (58)
1 tsp Butter, unsalted (34)
2oz Acorn Squash, roasted (32)
1/4 Tbsp Olive Oil (30)

Daily Totals: Easy peasy DD. Love these kinds of days!!!

Cals 433
Fat 24.4g (51%)
Carbs 19.6g (16%)
Fiber 6.9g
Protein 36.1g (33%)
Alcohol 0g

Feeling pretty good and ready for Monday being the MD. (I do hate Medium Days. Need to change my perspective on that and turn it to a positive. I love Medium Days because it allows me to strengthen my ability to calorie restrict and learn more about my body and eating cues.)
Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Just stopping by to say hi! Work has been crazy!!! I really didn't observe Juddd last week, did more calories cycling than anything. I did manage to keep my overall average daily caloric intake to 1350. The scale didn't hate me for it, but it didn't grant me a lesser number either..ha!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #127
the condiment queen

Hi Kel. It's great to see you! How did you feel with the calorie cycling and what kind of schedule did you keep? This is such a new horizon for me, that I'm not up to date on all the calorie cycling/restricting information.

As for the scale not granting a new number, maybe your body will need to adjust and I'm sure if you are upping cals by about an average of 300 to 350/day it may slow down the loss or maybe not. Some people lose quicker when they raise it as if they are going into maintenance! I vote for giving that another week to see what will happen!

How are you feeling mentally and physically?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #128

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Pooti, that's great that the scale is finally going down again. Just be careful. If you're like me, you could easily talk yourself into having wine more often because it didn't seem to be a problem this one time. Maybe you would have lost even more had you not had the wine. In any case, it's always encouraging to see the scale moving in the right direction. My weight was down a little over a pound today even though my TOM arrived this morning.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Here are my daily calorie counts.

1,911: Monday
1,005: Tuesday
1,512: Wednesday
1,164: Thursday
1,326: Friday
1,143: Saturday
1,268: Sunday
Average: 1333
My BMI is approx 1400, so I felt good that I kept it below that figure.

The weigh in the week before really got the best of me. I felt like I was doing everything right and getting nowhere. I thought to myself, "why am I knocking myself out on this exercise". I decided to cut back my routines by approx 10 minutes and just eat (for the most part) clean and healthy, watching my caloric intake. To be honest, I actually felt good all week. After giving myself Sat & Sun off on the exercise, this morning I actually felt like doing the whole 40 power circuit!

I dunno...life is really stressful right now. I don't feel like I have control over it (probably due to the house renovation that is going nowhere)

Thanks Poot for letting me vent.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #130

I've got an idea for the wraps that you gave me, Pooti. I was watching Paula Deen and she made BLT wraps. I think that those ingredients will go perfectly with the seasonings in your wraps.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #131
the condiment queen

Hi Ladies! Sorry I haven't been around to chat today. It's been a crazy day. The deadlines from Friday fell over to today! I'm gonna fly in and start dinner and will hopefully be back tonite! all around!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #132
the condiment queen

Morning all!

Linda - No worries about the wine. I know it's a weightloss killah for me. But it's kinda like cheese for me. I know I will eventually give it up completely but I'm not quite there yet. I knew by drinking that it would be another week of no loss/slow loss. But I decided to do it anyway. :-/ I just know that drinking wine every day or every week is just not something I can do and lose weight. But this next Saturday will again be a wine challenge day cuz of the last bd party for Denny with my family. I know I'll be able to get through the day drinking tea and sparkling water. But I also know at dinner I am gonna allow myself two small glasses of wine. Then it will be wine free until Thanksgiving day. Then wine free until Christmas and New Year. Then wine free for awhile since no immediate plans for parties during the post New Year time frame into Spring.

Kel - to you. I think you should keep the exercise thread on the JUDDD board. If it helps just one person (you) you should continue it. But my guess, is that its helping others too! You are inspiring me btw! Your calories for the calorie rotation look very reasonable but dang, it would confuse me! LOL. I'd forget what cals it was today!! So sorry you are dealing with such a stressful time girl! and and I completely understand. I'm glad you have a place to vent here! Vent away. I'm happy to listen, friend. House renovations and house purchases are two of the most stressful evens that can occur for a couple. Wild huh?

Linda the BLT wrap sounds heavenly! Let me know how it tases ok? I ended up not having time to make more wraps for my sissy, so I just gave the other two to her. I never ended up having time to eat them. That's kinda what I'm finding about being on JUDDD is that I have way too much food for the time! I hope you end up liking them! Please give a full review for us?!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #133

Well, I don't have any B, L or T at the moment so it might be a while before I get to try the wraps.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Morning all!

Your calories for the calorie rotation look very reasonable but dang, it would confuse me! LOL. I'd forget what cals it was today!!
That is actually the beauty of it Poot, I don't plan ahead of time how many calories I am having that day, I just work with it during the day. If I eat too much at lunch, dinner will be calmer, and visa versa.

I am going to play with it again this week and see what the scale says on Friday.

Dang those BLT wraps sounds yummy!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #135

Gallery: jiggles
Pooti, that's great that the scale is going down even with a little wine!

I'm on my work trip. We got in last night and had the first day of training today. It's supposed to be a DD for me but that isn't working out. I knew it wouldn't. Same with Thursday. I'm just hoping that I can keep from going overboard. I just think it would be too awkward to explain to my coworker why I'm not really eating today. I'm just not ready to explain this WOE to people yet. I know they won't get it. My sister's friend (she works in the area) came and picked us up for lunch and then showed us an area that has nice places for dinner. We went to this great little pizza place that serves really fresh pizzas with different ingredients. It was really good. Not the best place to go on a DD but I am going to downplay that with dinner tonight. Hopefully I can just maintain this week but even if I go up a bit I know I can get right back on board once I'm home and make the scale go down again.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #136
the condiment queen

Weight - 255.2 lbs (Post-poopy)
Fasting Blood Sugar 95

Hi yall, so sorry to be late posting yesterday's menu. It's been an extremely busy day and I'm pooped! Had a good day yesterday - it was a MD. So far I'm preferring having my MD on a Monday. I didn't enter it into ****** but I think I did pretty good on it. I ate 3 square meals and it kinda feels a bit strange to do that these days. It almost feels like I'm over-feeding.

I received the book yesterday (Dr. Johnson's Alternate Day Diet) and read a little bit last night. It will be interesting to see if he goes into details about the science. So far he's not including the evidence of the studies he's quoting and it makes it sound a little like "he said, they said, she said" anecdotal support. That bothers me because it reads a little naive and unprofessional. :-/ I hope I change my mind about it as I have a chance to read further.

I was down a tiny bit again this morning and was pleased. I feel like the inches have fallen off recently. I put on a pair of size 24 pants and they were so lose I thought they were going to fall off. I will either need to put them in the too big pile or alter them. I'm thinking about it...

Without a lot of hoopla here's yesterday's accounting!

Monday October 18, 2010 DD Menu:

1c Dannon Yogurt, plain, full fat
1/8th Granny Smith Apple
1/2 Scoop Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Torani SF Syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 oz Crispy Nuts

L - Taco Salad:
2 oz Taco Meat (80/20 Ground Chuck, onion, jalapeno, habanero, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander, cilantro)
1/4 oz Cheddar
1 Tbsp (Yogurt/Sr. Cream Mixture)
1/8c Salsa, fresh (Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Jalapeno, Cilantro, Lime, Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
2-1/2 cups Romaine
1/8c RBP
1/8c Onion
1/8c Black Beans
1/4 Taco Shell

D - Big Salad (2 c Romaine, 1 c Spinach, 4 Grape Tomatoes, 1 Tbsp Parmesan, Homemade Caesar Dressing)
1c Homemade Chicken Pot Pie:
Roasted Chicken
Green Beans
Rutabaga/Turnip Combo
Celery
Onion
Broth & splash cream
Xanthan Gum
LC Breadcrumbs mixed with butter
Swiss Cheese

Daily Totals: Didn't do the totals. Haven't entered the pot pie into ****** and have been too tired to do it. Will try to do it later and come back and alter this if I can. But my blood sugar never got above 105 with it. Wooopeee!

Last edited by pooticus; 10-19-2010 at 07:45 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #137
the condiment queen

Linda - no problem hon. Throw the wraps in the freezer and see how they freeze! I with I had saved one to have here but I will make more later!

Kel - I hope your plan works hon. That would be awesome. It sounds a bit like intuitive eating maybe? Please be sure to let us know how you do with it. Are you low carbing with it? You know, I saw an add on someone's website about the "Age Old Secret To Weightloss" and I actually clicked on it. This was after I had been fasting on Friday's for awhile. And whe I read about it, it was talking about never eating the same things or same amount of calories from day to day. So I thought...hmmm, that wouldn't be too hard and I started doing it. I don't know if that's part of what contributed to the early loss I experienced prior to JUDDD, but I was down to 271 by eating that way! So I think there may be some validity to it! Kel the wrap recipe is awesome. They are really worth making. I can't remember if I posted my tweaks to the recipe or not. But let me know if you want it and I didn't.

Jiggles - It sounds like you have a good plan for this week girl!!! I think it would be very difficult to try to navigate the corporate minefield and dieting. I know how those group seminars/meetings go and it would be pretty conspicuous. But you know, you could always just try to "eat like a skinny person". If you've ever watched someone who's been skinny all their life, most of them I know, take little small cuts in calories as they eat. One of my friends, will eat a bite or two of a burger with the bun and all, then just quitely pull off one of the buns or both of them and eat the innerds. And she doesn't even low carb! So I know you are going to be successful this week. Have fun!! What town are you at?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #138

Pooti, can you explain what a "Medium Day" is? I didn't see anything about that on the JUDDD site. Also, on your menu for Monday you posted that it was a DD instead of a MD in the title. Your chicken pot pie sounds yummy.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #139
the condiment queen

Hi Linda, sorry it's the bain of my existence that I have a space case for a brain! I have made several errors in dates and UP/DD nomenclature here in the journal and short of driving Dottie and Cheri crazy asking them to change them, I don't know how to fix them. I am so used to MWF being my DDs that I must have written it on autopilot. Thanks for catching it and I know it's got to confuse people.

As for a medium day (MD) - I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet that explains how it's done but as I understand it, a MD is the "switchup day" if you need one. It happens when you have to change out of your normal rotation pattern. For instance, if you normally want to have set days (like I do) of UD & DD, you run into an extra day during the week.

Dr. J apparently warns against having 2 DDs in a row. And I'm walking proof of why you sure don't want to have two UDs in a row! So the solution for that extra day is to have a MD which is theoretically the average of your UD and DD caloric input. So if you are averaging 1800/day on an UD and 500/day on a DD, your MD would be 1800+500=2300/2=1150/MD Calories. So your MD would be 1150.

So now you know that your weekly schedule will or should always look like this:

MWF - DD - 500 Cals each
TThS - UD - 1800 Cals each (on average)
Sun - MD - 1150 Cals

But what happens to me is that on Sundays because of the weekend it feels like I'm having 2 UD in a row and just sets me off with stress. So I moved the MD to Monday. So my schedule actually looks like:

M - MD (1400 + 500 = 1900/2 = 950 - 1000 Cals/MD)
TThSat - UD 1400-1600 Range each
WFSun - DD 500 Cals each

A MD can also be used to switch up your weekly schedule. So that if you know you are having a celebration or event where you need an UD and it falls on a DD, you can save your MD and insert it far enough in advance that you are eating on the alternate switched up schedule.

Once I get past this weekend, I'm tempted to do two clean weeks with solid rotation and not try to keep days that are the same week to week. That way I will have two weeks of true alternate rotation and won't have a MD. I think it will be interesting cuz I think by deleting the MD, I will be able to build better momentum. In my opinion the MD acts like a "speed bump" in my weight loss pattern.

The chicken pot pie was very good and comforting. Once again, I am lucky I only had the 2 cups of it in the fridge and Denny was eating the other portion cuz I really wanted to go back for seconds! Seconds must be treated as a no-no for me! So I obviously have trouble with casseroles and portion control.

Also, my blood sugar has been up since yesterday. I had to take an hour nap yesterday cuz I felt so bad. And when I woke up it was close to 3 or 4 hours after eating (don't remember) and my blood sugar was still 123! Not happy with that at all! Don't know if it had to do with lunch or if it had to do with the oats in the "bread crumb topping" along with turnips and rutabaga in the chicken pot pie? It was back to 95 pre-prandial - then we went to dinner at Los Cucos and I only had about 1/4 of Denny's Carne Asada with grilled veggies and guacamole. I had 8 chips with green and red salsa during dinner and my blood sugar before bed was 115 again. That's higher than I've been seeing these days. Post prandial it's been barely in the 100s. So I don't like that trend and will be watching this next week to evaluate whether my experimenting with flours is causing it. Although, you can see from my menus that I'm not eating a significant quantity of this stuff. And tasting falls into the category of being very mizerly with a taste. It's defined as barely enough on the tongue to taste for spices and texture.

So today is a DD and I'm up all the weight I've struggled to lose this week! I'm up 1.4lbs today (no doubt from the blood sugar being up in combination to eating the 8 corn tortilla chips and the salt from eating out.) *sigh* but Dr. J warns about that fluctuation on the day after an UD. He advises not to weigh everyday but I can't "not" weigh. That's all there is to it!

One thing Dr. J talks about in detail I'm finding is that now he's into the science of the why he postulated his theory on weightloss. He's talking about the mice studies on mice that are genetically predisposed to over eat and how this diet affects them. And I think I'm just a fat rat! I'm one tail and two rounded sticky-outty ears away from being a pink-nosed, super-obese National Overeating Mouse Champeen!

This diet is doing to me what it did for the rats. Never in a million years would I allow Denny to take me out to a restaurant and us SPLIT (let me repeat - this is important - we SPLIT an entree and ordered a guacamole made tableside which remained largely uneaten). Yes, we split an entree, I only had a small 1/4 of that entree. Denny had a full half or maybe 2/3rds of it and we brought leftovers home that he will have as part of lunch or breakfast tomorrow!

I think the JUDDD diet has so much to do with that. God does too of course, but JUDDD is changing my relationship with food. (I hope. I hope it isn't just conditioning and euphoria doing this, although you would think that at 6 weeks into it, the honeymoon would be over.)

I'll be posting my menu from yesterday in a second.

Last edited by pooticus; 10-20-2010 at 12:48 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #140
the condiment queen

Weight - 257.0 lbs (Pre-poopy)
Fasting Blood Sugar 110 (Yowza - not loving that number!)

Ok, sorry again for being late. More drama from work.

Yesterday was an UD. I had more hunger than normal and fed my cravings. Mainly cuz I was off schedule and I worked late and got overly hungry. I guess? But I also think it had to do with my blood sugar being whacked. I am not feeling so hot right now. More chest/nasal congestion and sometimes my blood sugar goes off kilter for nothing - then I find out it had to do with a little infection I am fighting off? So I don't really know what's going on with it.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 UD Menu:

B - Coffee, Decaff, unsweetened, black

L - 2 Eggs, scrambled
1/4c Taco Meat (80/20 Ground Chuck, onion, jalapeno, habanero, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander, cilantro)
1/8c Black Beans
1/3c Green Chili
1/2oz Cheddar Cheese
1/8c Salsa, fresh (Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Jalapeno, Cilantro, Lime, Salt, Pepper, Garlic)

D - 8 Corn Tortilla Wedges
Salsa, Red, fresh (Los Cucos)
Salsa, Green, fresh (Los Cucos)
3 oz Carne Asada with Onions, Peppers, Cheese (estimated weight)
1 Piece Bacon
2 slices Zucchini
1 slice Yellow Squash
2 Broccoli Floret
1 Cauliflower Floret
1/3c Guacamole with Tomatoes & Onions
Iced Tea

Daily Totals: UD was probably within reason. No doubt I took in too many carbs and protein at lunch and then too many carbs at dinner. I would guess that I'm ok on totals for the day but I was stuffed last night coming home. I wasn't uncomfortably full though.

Today is my DD. Have significant hunger and cravings today. Am drinking a protein drink and will be ok until dinner. Need to get busy and plan dinner though!

Edited to say, not only do I not know what day this is, I barely know who's on first and the name of the President but I also still can't do math! 257.0 - 255.2lbs = 1.8lbs that I'm up today.

Last edited by pooticus; 10-20-2010 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #141

Thanks for the clarification of the Medium Day, Pooti. I'm so sorry to hear that your weight is up as well as your blood sugar. Your Tuesday UD menu looks pretty good to me except for the chips. I don't see all that much protein in your lunch menu.

I wouldn't mind reading your JUDDD book sometime after you've finished it. I finished the "Eat Fat Lose Fat" book last night but I'll tell you about that by email.

Looks like I'm back to my original idea of making some Pimiento Cheese to put on the wraps. I went to Dollar Tree today and took another look through the jars of roasted peppers. It turns out that there are two kinds mixed together on the shelf and the jars look identical except that some say "Sweet Red Peppers" and some say "Fire Roasted Red Peppers". The fire roasted ones don't have sugar added. The brand is Breckenridge Farms and it's apparently produced for Dollar Tree because it's distributed by Greenbrier who also supply a lot of other products for them such as gift wrap. I was right about the peppers having a black label but so did the brand that they used to sell. I found a photo of the old brand online and the old and new labels are only slightly different from each other and the glass jars are identical. Both are/were 12 ounces. Hopefully the new brand will taste as good as the old brand. Here's the brand that they used to sell:

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #142
the condiment queen

Thanks girl! I will look for them but prolly won't have a chance to do it till next week. Gosh I can't believe it's already Wednesday and I'm just starting laundry! I have only ever tried the Zer Gut brand (and it is very good) so am looking forward to trying these.

I think the pimiento cheese sounds de-licious!

As for protein, I really do try to keep my protein servings at 3-4oz for a meal (especially breakfast and lunches). That way I can keep it below 10oz for the day, which is about the area where it will start giving me liver issues if I eat continuously at that level.

You are welcome to read the JUDDD book when I'm done! As for the Eat Fat Lose Fat book, I have issues with it too. Namely, I'm not sure that much coconut for our population is a good idea but I really loved all their recipes for traditional food preparation - like the Crispy Nuts, the fermented foods, the bone broth, etc! I think pretty highly of Mary Enig and Sally Fallon.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #143

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Pooticus!!!!! I have been having the best time reading your journal and... (oh, dear... sigh) I'm beginning to think this JUDDDD way of eating would come almost as naturally to me as breathing, as I seem to eat somewhat like this just naturally. Some days I don't eat much, and other days I have a pretty darned good appetite. I wonder if I couldn't *harness* that and sort of direct it into this UD and DD way of eating.

It also sounds like it would work very naturally and easily into alternating maintenance with periods of weight loss, which has seemed to work the best for me over the years. And after reading here, I'm getting into the mind frame of maybe wanting to drop a few more pounds off of my little body before the cold winds of winter begin to blow around here.

And then too... I was wondering if this is a way of eating that allows for a few Christmas cookies on Up Days if that is followed by a Down Day. :blush: 'Cause, you know, I'm not as strict in the Low Carb department as some folks.

And also, I'm feeling so really, really excited for you right now, because you are just doing so well on this eating plan, and it is working nicely for you. I'm just so happy to read your journal and watch this diet program in action.

Well, back to reading more of the various JUDDDD threads in my attempt to learn a bit more about it. It certainly sounds intriguing..
Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #144
the condiment queen

SoHappy to you my friend! I'm glad it's been entertaining! I alway hate to speak out and jinx things (not really - just kidding) For me, the JUDDD diet is filling the bill. I do see a decided easy in helping with maintenance! I think few would have any problems with that! And I'd be willing to bet you could drop pounds quickly before the holidays.

And, if your cookies are lowcarb I'm sure you could enjoy one or two!!! I'm about to try 2 cookie recipes and 1 protein bar recipe for my niece for next week. She's a soccer player (18 and is the team captain this year at her school). And she's gained about 15pounds since she dropped club soccer in order to concentrate on studying and getting into college.

The bad habit she has is that she hasn't dropped her love of sweets. Her mom can't make her do lowcarb (although her mom has come to the dark side and I think it's only a matter of time till niecypoo wises up and comes along), but she can remove all the high carb crap in the house and quietly replace it with nutritious, better for you treats and better choices for meals. My guess is that if niecypoo eats this way, the weight will just naturally fall off of her.

My guess is that with little to lose and maintaining already, that going back to the low carb equivalent of the treats might just let the same thing happen for you!

Thank you so much for being excited for me! I'm really happy it's working, I'm having no trouble sticking to it and I really do feel a sense of calm and peace (what's that about right?) for real. It's not coincidence that most of us feel calm and peace. I'm only 3 chapters into the book right now and can't wait till after Denny's birthday this weekend to dive into it! Maybe I can learn more and tell you about it then!

For certain Leo and some of the original posters to the JUDDD threads will be better able to shed light on the process better than I! and hope you won't be a stranger around these parts!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #145
the condiment queen

Weight - 255.6 lbs (Post-poopy)
Fasting Blood Sugar 99
(Better but still on the higher side for me. This was post decaf black coffee though, so not exactly perfect testing procedure!)

Yesterday was a DD and went pretty good. Had a lot of tiredness and also a bit of hunger. I finally broke down in the middle of the afternoon and had a protein shake thinking that would help. It stopped the hunger in its tracks and I was able to continue through to dinner without an issue but I was exhausted!

I actually checked my blood pressure and my blood pressure normally runs 142/90 something (medicated with 100mg of Cozaar). I've been eating the Chia seeds pretty regularly for a couple weeks now and maybe that's it? But my blood pressure was 130/64 for the first time and this morning before medication it was 130/75. So I don't know if she will want to decrease it or not?

So here was yesterday's menu!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 DD Menu:

L - Water

AS - 1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (Swanson's Grassfed) (110)
1 Cup Decaf with Ice (0)
1 tsp Heavy Cream (16)
Liquid Sweet n Low (5 drops) (0)

Dinner - 4oz Pork Roast, leftovers (280)
1c Green Beans with Onion & Bacon (71)
Big Salad (2c Romaine, 1/4 Cucumber, 1 tbsp RBP, 1 tbs Onion, 1/2 Compari Tomato, 2 Tbsp WF Asian Dressing) (29)

Today is an UD and I'm not even hungry. I will eat something a little later. I am however, pretty exhausted!

Last edited by pooticus; 10-21-2010 at 07:28 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #146
the condiment queen

OK, one more little post then I MUST go work!!!!

I just had lunch. It was the first meal of my day and today is an UD. And I could not wrap my head around breakfast. It's always been difficult for me to eat brekky. I think cuz I usually have to clear out my chest in the mornings when I wake so I don't like to fill my tummy when I'm just trying to breath better.

But so you would think I would be famished and looking for a ton of food. Instead I ate 2oz of Pork Roast Loin and had 1c of Yellow Squash, 2oz of Acorn Squash and 1/2 Tbsp Butter and Onion and I'm very full. Not stuffed. Not miserable. But decidedly "don't want to put anything else in my tummy" full.

I pretty much love this instead of the usual bottomless pit feeling!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #147
the condiment queen

Hi Me again. I realized that it was a DD I was posting about and I failed to post the calories and nutrient information!

So let me rectify and repost that please. The post is closed to edits now

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 DD Menu:

L - Water

AS - 1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (Swanson's Grassfed) (110)
1 Cup Decaf with Ice (0)
1 tsp Heavy Cream (16)
Liquid Sweet n Low (5 drops) (0)

Dinner - 4oz Pork Roast, leftovers (280)
1c Green Beans with Onion & Bacon (71)
Big Salad (2c Romaine, 1/4 Cucumber, 1 tbsp RBP, 1 tbs Onion, 1/2 Compari Tomato, 2 Tbsp WF Asian Dressing) (29)

Daily Totals: Today is an UD and I'm not even hungry. I will eat something a little later. I am however, pretty exhausted! But these are yesterday's totals!

Cals 507
Fat 25.8g (45%)
Carbs 19.0g (14%)
Fiber 6.4g
Protein 52.6g (41%)
Alcohol 0g
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #148
the condiment queen

Weight - 254.0 lbs (Pre-poopy)
Fasting Blood Sugar 92

Da Da DaDa Da Da Da DaDaDa (theme from Rocky). Yes you all know what this is don't you? It's the extravaganza celebrating my 60th pound lost! Ladies and ladies (since I'm not thinking we have any gentlemen readin round here) say goodbye to my leetle frien'. And it's gone! It's OUTTAHERE! This morning I woke up to great news on the scale and on the blood sugar meter!

254.0lbs Yes, it's an unofficial weight. Tomorrow is the official weigh-in date but I warned you before that there would be hoopla over the 60th pound lost! So don't say I did not warn you. And it came after an UD too! Who'da thunk?

I'm really trying to contain my enthusiasm but I'm very happy on this JUDDD plan and although I hate to look too far down the road, I can see how this could/would/should be a plan that I can stick with - lose weight with - and adapt to maintain that weight. I really feel an absence of stress with eating this way. Oh, no doubt I have stress in other areas, but just not in the food department! It's grand!!! So grand!

I'm eating (freely to me) of carbs. What does that mean? It means I'm eating as many carbs as I want to consume. I'm not being artificially locked into some pre-determined number and then being boxed and tagged. Instead, if I want a chip, I'll eat a chip (as long as it's on an UD). But like when I quit smoking, I find that simply giving myself permission to indulge - means that it's easier to say, "Nah, I think I'll pass on this go round." So it goes with the carbs.

Yesterday was super busy and last night I pulled out some leftover Kefta Kebabs I'd frozen. They froze ok. A little texture change and a little dryness but the flavor was still delicious. So I gave Denny a Lauren Wrap and I had mine on a leftover Rev Roll. I made Ugly Green Beans and such delicious Mediterranean-spiced Coleslaw made with ACV, olive oil and yogurt with fresh mint and flat leaf parsley. It was delicious and easy! And I ate my fill. Not tons but not miserly either! I was satisfied.

Then I got the muchies at 11:00pm. So I said, "Why not?" It's an UD for one more hour. So 1oz of macadamia nuts with 1Tbsp of Hershey's SF Chocolate Syrup (blech) later, and the snack was gone along with my head-hunger. And now this morning? 60lbs (Note to self: Tiggers do NOT like Hershey's SF Chocolate Syrup by itself.)

60 Freakin' Pounds! Does it sound like I'm happy? Cuz I'm grinnin!

Thursday, October 21 UD Menu:

B - Decaf Coffee, black, unsweetened

L - 2oz Pork Roast
1 c Yellow Squash with 1Tbsp Onion
2oz Acorn Squash
1/2 Tbsp Butter

D - 4oz Lamb/Beef Kefta Kebab (ground lamb, ground beef, onion, RBP, flat parsley, zataar, harissa, sambal oelek, allspice, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire Sauce)
1-1/2c Mediterranean Slaw (cabbage, onion, RBP, garlic, turmeric, ginger, cumin, lemon, salt, pepper, EVOO, ACV, yogurt, mint, flat parsley, red chile, sambal oelek)
1c Ugly Green Beans (fresh green beans, 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder)
1/3c Salsa (grape tomato, onion, flat leaf parsley, lemon zest, lemon, salt, mint)

Daily Totals: Dang it was good! No totals unfortunately but next time I make I will plug this all in. I suspect I had quite a few carbs at that meal! My blood sugar was at 114 at 90minutes but back down to 94 at 2 hours. So I know my protein and fat was good for that meal, otherwise it would have still been high. If I'd had 2 of Lauren's wraps left I woulda had one myself cuz it would have been perfect as a sub for a pita.

Wooohooooo 60lbs!!! I'm lookin in the rear view mirror! Don't come around here no more! (Tom Petty song) Don't come around here no more!!!! Give it up! Shoop! La la la la la. Give it up! Stop! Not weighting any longer!!!!

Ok, I'm done. Today is a meatless, fasting DD.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Well done Poot!!!!! You're doing it!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #150

Closed Thread